Advance Notifications Roll out now live for everyone.

Gxgolfer ·  
GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-OwnerSF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27118WRX Points: 462Posts: 27,118 Marshals
Joined:  edited Jan 25, 2020 7:27pm in Website Help, News & Feedback #1

One of the most used and requested features was Advanced Notifications for new discussion, comments, PMs to be emailed.

We have successfully lobbied to be included in the beta release and will be enabling it by groups. The first group will be ClubWRX members and then general membership as it proves stable.

How does one enable it?

Posted:
Post edited by Gxgolfer on
Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Comments

• nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6800WRX Points: 1,177Handicap: 7.7Posts: 6,800 Titanium Tees

Sorry Gx. I'm not a Clubwrx'er but I do have a question here.

I don't understand what's supposed to happen. Of course I know the difference between an email notification and a "popup" (poorly named as nothing "pops up", it adds a red "1" to the "bell" symbol (or increases the count in the red circle).

So let me ask then. Suppose, for the first topic, "Tour and Pre-release Equipment", I check of the popup box under "Discussions" AND "Comments".

What exactly triggers the notification(s) ? ANY new thread started in the section ? ANY post to ANY existing thread in the section ?

How's it work ?

TIA

Posted:
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Spider-X Copper (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27118WRX Points: 462Posts: 27,118 Marshals

Yes. Exactly as subscribed.

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    BST AD Help
  • dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX  2095WRX Points: 254Handicap: 15Posts: 2,095 ClubWRX

Is there a way to get a single daily summary email, rather than individual emails for each post.

Posted:

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6 S, TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75 S
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 19*, 22*, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 85 6.0
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i S
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i S
    Putter: PXG Bat Attack P, 350g, 33”, SS Mid-slim 2.0
    Ball: Maxfli Tour
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/BagBoy Quad XL
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27118WRX Points: 462Posts: 27,118 Marshals

Advanced notifications has been rolled out to the general community.

Posted:
    BST AD Help
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX  6931WRX Points: 232Posts: 6,931 ClubWRX

Nice...just signed up for email notifications on certain threads. Hope it works much like the old GolfWRX platform. Thanks for the update!

Posted:
  • TexasMacksTexasMacks Members  10WRX Points: 11Posts: 10 Bunkers

ok nice

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX  6931WRX Points: 232Posts: 6,931 ClubWRX

It works well...I'm getting email notifications every time someone posts a Classified ad. Time to start hoing again.

Posted:
  • dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX  2095WRX Points: 254Handicap: 15Posts: 2,095 ClubWRX

Deleted. Created a new thread.

Posted:
    Post edited by dbdors on

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6 S, TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75 S
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 19*, 22*, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 85 6.0
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i S
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i S
    Putter: PXG Bat Attack P, 350g, 33”, SS Mid-slim 2.0
    Ball: Maxfli Tour
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/BagBoy Quad XL
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • sui generissui generis Members  4404WRX Points: 741Posts: 4,404 Titanium Tees

What's with the paper clip things?

Posted:
    Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play a round of competitive golf.
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6800WRX Points: 1,177Handicap: 7.7Posts: 6,800 Titanium Tees

Not sure but I believe it indicates that at least 1 post in that thread has an attachment of some sort (usually a picture).

Posted:

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX

• sui generissui generis Members  4404WRX Points: 741Posts: 4,404 Titanium Tees

Ordinarily, I'd have guessed the same thing. But, it doesn't seem to be an attachment that's causing the paperclip.

Posted:
    Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play a round of competitive golf.

Advertisement

Well, I guess you could be right.

I haven't checked all of them (of course) but all the threads I did look at had a paperclip when there were pictures and no PC when there weren't any. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited to add - Looks like you're right. This one doesn't have any pics in any posts but has the paperclip - https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1820898/bending-919tours-to-increase-spin#latest

I wonder if the "ad posts" count. ALL of them have ads "attached in those posts". LOL

Posted:

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX

• ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX  2344WRX Points: 1,279Handicap: +0.9Posts: 2,344 ClubWRX

More clutter. My socks remain securely on my feet.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 8° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM7 54/08 M Grind w/KBS Tour R-Flex
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Claw 1.0
    Ball: Snell MTB-X in yellow
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Members  1599WRX Points: 811Handicap: 1.8Posts: 1,599 Platinum Tees

Why do they keep making this worse every time we start to adapt to their latest "rollout" of changes

Posted:
    G410 LST  HZRDUS Smoke Hulk 6.5TX 60g 
    Epic Flash SZ 15* Tensei PW 80TX
    2-PW Ping Blueprint DG X7
    55* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    60* Hi-Toe Tour Issue S400
    TOULON Garage San Diego

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.