2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Tad Moore Rookie 47

illinoisbroker ·  
illinoisbrokerillinoisbroker  31WRX Points: 54Members Posts: 31

I am curious if any of you have ever seen or played one of these bad boys, and if so what are your thoughts? I emailed Tad Moore and he stated it was released in 1995 to commemorate Allen Doyle’s rookie year at the age of 47.

It looks super cool and the craftsmanship is unbelievable but other then that there isn’t much info on this putter. I am real curious as to what these sold for in 1995 and to an approximate value today.

Were the mid 90’s good production years for Tad Moore putters?

Posted:
Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 Fairway Woods 3,5,7
Ping G25 23 Hybrid
Ping G5 Irons Rifle 5.5
Vokey SM6 52 & 56 
Scotty Cameron Bullseye Blade
Wilson Duo

Comments

• CMUgol4CMUgol4 17, 22, 26, 47, 55, 71 Pittsburgh 967WRX Points: 116Handicap: 2.4Members Posts: 967

Looks like a milled version of the IMG Ironmaster. Sweet looking putter. Tad was pretty in his prime in the 90s

Posted:
    TM SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Speeder
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 13.5* w/ Matrix
    Srixon ZTXII w/ TT TC X1
    TM ATV 52*/58* w/ KBS Tour Black (Tiger Stepped)
    Scotty Cameron Golo
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BIG STUBIG STU  12332WRX Points: 2,526Handicap: 5.0Members Posts: 12,332

Sorta does with exception of the design of the neck. I am a dyed in the wool Macgregor man but will admit Tad's putter is more than likely better balanced. He designed and made some good stuff and has a marvel for a mind on the engineering end. He is a member here and drops in from time to time over on the Classic Golf and Golfers forum here. Trust me I pick his brain every chance I get. He is mostly doing Hickory reproduction clubs now. If i was really going to get into Hickory golf and play the SOHG events he is the man I would buy clubs from and have him set them up

Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Hybrid Old Adams A-10 OS 22* Pro Launch Red Regular
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex 2 shafts
    SW Mizuno T-10 forged S-400
    LW Ping Zing 60* Stock Ping shaft
    Putter 1997 Scotty Santa Fe rusty as heck named "Rusty

• oneaugustaoneaugusta  3121WRX Points: 219Handicap: 8.7Members Posts: 3,121

Tad made some of the best putters during that era for sure. Value, who knows, it's a collectable for the Tad Moore fans and would have value for the right person. Would guess $100 to $200 range.

Posted:
    Titleist 917 D2 GOGO 5 6S
    TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
    Miura CB57's Nippon Modus 120
    Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125
    David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
    David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
    David Mills GS Ming V3 flow neck
    Byron Rincon DH89
  • illinoisbrokerillinoisbroker  31WRX Points: 54Members Posts: 31

I have never owned a Tad Moore, though I have had plenty of Bettinardi, Cameron, and Ping putters throughput the years. I have $150 in trade on this so not a wallet breaker. I am clueless to value when it comes to artisan putters, my knowledge does not extend past vanilla run of the mill OEM offerings.

I game a Cameron Bullseye and it works very well for me but I do look forward to giving this a test run come Spring.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Driver
    Ping G25 23 Hybrid
    Ping G5 Irons Rifle 5.5
    Vokey SM6 52 & 56 
    Wilson Duo
  • Rob McHughRob McHugh Rob  1046WRX Points: 200Handicap: 13ClubWRX Posts: 1,046

It is a variation on the Tad Moore Peach Putter #3 - and a very good putter with a pretty little ferrule. Not a lot of love for them these days and the engraving is detrimental if anything. I think One Augusta is pretty right with his pricing. :-)

Rob

Posted:
  • illinoisbrokerillinoisbroker  31WRX Points: 54Members Posts: 31

Thanks for the info. I notice the Peach 3 has a significant amount of offset whereas this hosel is dead straight. It looks more like the Pro 5. I like the engraving I think it looks cool, definitely different.

This putter has real good balance and rolls the ball better then most in my stable. I am super surprised Tad Moore putters don’t command a higher resale value on eBay.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Driver
    Ping G25 23 Hybrid
    Ping G5 Irons Rifle 5.5
    Vokey SM6 52 & 56 
    Wilson Duo
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • bk12bk12  504WRX Points: 97Members Posts: 504

That is a sweet stick, thanks for posting up pictures of it. I need to pick up a Tad one of these days.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.