fitting aluminum ferrules

OGS ·  
OGSOGS Validating - Unconfirmed, Members  2WRX Points: 0Posts: 2 Starters

I purchased aluminum ferrules for my wedges and had to sand town the shafts to get them to fit. i was told that sanding the shaft too much effects the performance of the clubs. i personally could not tell the difference my wedges worked the exact same. i now plan to do my irons but was wondering if there was anybody who used aluminum ferrules and found and easier way of putting them on. possibly shaving down the inside of the ferrule itself? any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Posted:

Answers

• TherealpatgilesTherealpatgiles Members  767WRX Points: 285Handicap: 13Posts: 767 Golden Tee

Wait wait. Instead of shaving a ferrule down you shaved your shaft down???? What the heck?

Posted:
    Taylormade Sim 9° Ventus Black 7x
    Callaway epic flash 3w tensei pro white 7x
    Taylormade Sim hybrid 3. Tensei pro white 90tx 
    Grindworks CB1 4 iron modus 120x 
    Bridgestone j15cb 5-pw modus 120x
    Artisan 48° 53.5° 59° modus 120s
    Epon i33 rose gold putter
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cristphotocristphoto Members  3916WRX Points: 362Handicap: 7Posts: 3,916 Titanium Tees

Why would you want aluminum ferrules? Extra work and the possibility of damaging shafts.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.