What do you guys think of John Daly?

Mhsgolf2 ·  
Mhsgolf2Mhsgolf2 Members  75WRX Points: 0Posts: 75
John Daly has a problem what do yall think?
Posted:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kander7kander7 Members  262WRX Points: 60Handicap: +1Posts: 262 Greens
    He obviously has a problem. At some point he needs to realize that he can't drink. It has ruined his life. Hopefully he can turn it around but I have a feeling he will either be broke or dead before he realizes it. It is sad to see.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mat562mat562 My ex had an irrational phobia of salad cream. Honestly. Members  10967WRX Points: 198Posts: 10,967 Titanium Tees
    I wouldn't go as far as to call the man 'a loser' given his success in the game.

Daly is (I was about ready to type was there) a singular talent who, I'm sure even he would concede, has hindered his potential through some poor life choices and by showing, at times, a lack of mental fortitude and moral fibre. His depressive episodes and his well-documented drink problems I have some sympathy for - as I have for anyone in that situation - but I also have a great deal of admiration and respect for people who overcome them through sheer willpower and determination. Thus far, Daly has had a few high points in his efforts at recovery but has, infuriatingly, always slipped back into his old habits.

There are many things to admire about Daly - his playing ability, bis natural talent and flair and his charitable nature. Sadly, the negative aspects; the quitting, the drunken antics and the circus act behaviour on and off the course mean that the good ponts are increasingly being sidelined or forgotten.

As Daly approaches the autumn of his career, I think it would be a shame if he was lost to the world of golf, but it would be a greater shame to lose Daly entirely - which, I feel, is a distinct possibilty without a sea change in his lifestyle.
    Posted:
  • One_Putt_BlunderOne_Putt_Blunder Members  10835WRX Points: 256Posts: 10,835 Titanium Tees
    Mhsgolf2 wrote on Nov 1 2008, 08:20 AM:
    John Daly is a loser he has a problem what do yall think?

First thing is I have a hard time calling a guy who is battling all different kinds of addictions a loser. However he is in need of some serious help and I would love to see him get some help to get through his addictions and make a comeback. Maybe a little JD on Celebrity Rehab Part 3 celebrity_rehab_1_0.jpg
    Posted:
    [twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
    10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
    14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
    18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
    RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
    Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
    Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
    WITB Link
  • SpinMill75SpinMill75 Members  3313WRX Points: 0Posts: 3,313
    I think he has a great future ahead of him.

For Hooters resturants.

And beer companies.

For the game of Golf?

He's a joke.
    Posted:
  • drew030303drew030303 drew030303 Members  100WRX Points: 0Posts: 100
    JD...not a loser, just and alcoholic who is in denial. Lots of talent which he's wasting. The bottom line is Daly needs to reach a point where he realizes that he needs help. Money, fame, talent, and others have enabled him and continue to do so. Certainly these aren't the cause of his problems..I've seen many people just like JD end up dead or in jail...doctors, lawyers, profesional athletes, mom's, dad's, brothers...everday people who have a lot going for them, but just don't realize how sick they were.

I hope John will have a moment of clarity and admit to himself that this drinking thing isn't working and gets some help...it's hard to believe he hasn't realized it yet, but that's the addiction part, it's just mesing with him and telling him everything is ok...like passing out at a Hooter's.
    Posted:
  • seena_beenaseena_beena Members  469WRX Points: 0Posts: 469
    John Daly says he has lost between $50 million and $60 million during 12 years of heavy gambling and that it has become a problem
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tigerphantigerphan Members  1247WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,247
    I have nightmares with him without his shirt on playing golf image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

Seriously thought he has a heart of gold with a few bad discesions
    Posted:
  • MrParr1NoidMrParr1Noid Bag For Sale .. Juan uva kind.. Only used on Sunday.. ;-) Still LivingClubWRX  7212WRX Points: 65Handicap: 7/11Posts: 7,212 Titanium Tees
    I think we've had enough of John Daly, and people in here judging him. Yes he is popular, yes he has issues, and yes there are those who wish he'd attend to, and to realize his issues.

ty
    Posted:
    All Callaway all long..
This discussion has been closed.