GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Studio Style

Gxgolfer ·  
GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-OwnerSF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27115WRX Points: 473Posts: 27,115 Marshals
Posted:
Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Comments

• ScottWS33ScottWS33 Up and down for par Jr. Boomers  1384WRX Points: 74Handicap: 4Posts: 1,384 Platinum Tees
    Note: test club was a Studio Style Neport and not the 1.5.<br />
    <br />
    Simple but effective looks. Nice finish and sight line offers good alignment. Feel is nice, firm but gives great feedback. Roll is superb and I definently found myself holing a lot of putts. Expensive but another great offering from Scotty.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915D2 10.5° w/ Diamana Blueboard 60 Stiff
    Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
    Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
    Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
    Titleist AP2 4-9 w/ XP 95 S300
    Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
    Scotty Cameron GoLo S 34"
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Golfer GavinGolfer Gavin Jr. Boomers  729WRX Points: 0Posts: 729
    Great Overall Putter. Agree With exactly the guy said above me.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • titleistman9titleistman9 Members  16WRX Points: 0Posts: 16
    A pretty nice weighted putter. It feels really smooth when you take a few practice strokes. The gss insert is soft and gives good feedback for well struck puts. The grip is kinda small though but overall the clubs construction is solid. One problem I ran into was that the paint on mine chipped away after only a few weeks of using it. I never used it in rain and I cleaned it after every round, so something like that shouldnt be going on.
    Posted:
  • tobybeartobybear Members, Media Staffer  1502WRX Points: 96Posts: 1,502 Platinum Tees
    i owned this putter for about a month it saw the course twice. i got it in a trade after unloading a bunch of my old stuff. i have always used an anser (newport- but i call it by the original name) anyway its looks great it feels great and overall i think the putter is a great piece of work.<br />
    <br />
    Personally i hated it thought because it did not fit my stroke. im more of a square to square putter and this thing just wanted to pull (FOR ME) other then the fact that it didnt fit me its a GREAT putter. i guess this is just a warning to people that no matter how much you spend on a putter use something thats fitted for you. <br />
    <br />
    BTW im not a scotty hater i own a newport 2 oilcan and an PING G2 anser ins just this style isnt for me. but still highly recomended
    Posted:
  • pro11acepro11ace Jr. Boomers  506WRX Points: 0Posts: 506
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING PUTTER, best putter ive ever owned. Ball rolls like it was a magnet to the hole. great speed control and ultra soft feel on center contact.
    Posted:
  • Golfalot702Golfalot702 Members  239WRX Points: 0Posts: 239
    I just picked one up used at golf galaxy and it was the best money I spent.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • JDW3JDW3 Members  651WRX Points: 106Handicap: 4.5Posts: 651 Golden Tee
    Great putter. I have the Select Newport 2 and I love it.
    Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS2
    3 wood: Titleist TS2
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 19* & 22*
    Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 16
    Wedges: Vokey sm7 50*, 54*, 60*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Ball: Titleist Prov 1x
  • cmabbott04cmabbott04 Members  118WRX Points: 0Posts: 118
    The Newport 1.5 Studio Style was my FIRST scotty I ever owned, and I never will own anything else. The difference was amazing, and my confidence has never left since that day. I now use a button back just to have a higher degree of feedback, but use my studio style every once in a while for old times sake.
    Posted:
  • MCCAMCCA Members  2883WRX Points: 145Posts: 2,883 Titanium Tees
    I had this exact putter for 5 years, sold it and upgraded to the Newport 1.5, the only reason was i wanted a heavier head.
    Posted:
  • CTgolfer10CTgolfer10 let 'em roll Members  22WRX Points: 0Handicap: 5Posts: 22
    Good putter, but along with what was stated above... my paint has chipped off of my putter as well.
    Posted:
  • clemsoncowboysclemsoncowboys Members  117WRX Points: 40Handicap: 9Posts: 117 Fairways
    Gxgolfer wrote:
    <br />
    I like the plumbers neck better.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • tungstenplugtungstenplug Washington, D.C.Members  402WRX Points: 485Posts: 402 Greens

My favorite putter ever. I check the internet every day for one in mint condition that I can buy as a backup

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.