in the winter once a week.
and in the summer 2 a week,

in the winter in an indoor practice facility
summer outdoor practice facility

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

yeah some are just like hitting balls just to get little check ups. the lessons come in a package so yeah

Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]

[quote name='moegolfer11' post='2043669' date='Nov 3 2009, 09:58 PM']in the winter once a week.
and in the summer 2 a week,

in the winter in an indoor practice facility
summer outdoor practice facility[/quote]
Wow that is a lot of lessons, I don't think I could take so much in. Saying that my coach does have a quick look at me most times I am on the range just to keep me on the right track.

[quote name='MBIUcrscj ' post='2045003' date='Nov 4 2009, 02:55 PM']How deep pocketed are some of you juniors?

Or do mom and dad pay for the lessons?

My lessons are $70/session which @ 1 per week is $3640 in a year, plus adding those extras comes to over $4000/year???

Anyways, as a teacher myself, unless my student has serious potential once a week is way too much, and by serious potential he/she must be winning junior tournaments consistently, getting scholarship offers, etc.

If your a guy who's shooting high 70's low 80's in tournaments, I think once a week is wasting your money, once a month would be fine.[/quote]Mum and Dad pay for the lessons but I take them every 3 weeks on the advice of my coach.

[quote name='golfgirl94' post='2034944' date='Oct 30 2009, 08:59 AM']I have lessons every 3/4 weeks but I am thinking of extending this to every 6 weeks over winter.

Just wondered what other Juniors have! At my club I seem to have more than most.[/quote]
IMHO?
It should be the other way around... hit the woodshed in the off season...

[quote name='golftitleist' post='2045303' date='Nov 4 2009, 12:05 PM'][quote name='moegolfer11' post='2043669' date='Nov 3 2009, 03:58 PM']in the winter in an indoor practice facility
summer outdoor practice facility[/quote]
lolz thanks for the info champ.
[/quote]

any time? i guess thats funny but ok. just saying it snows sometimes. nice try on trying to be funny though :black eye:

I think it all depends on how you are as a player. Im a golf professional and I feel that players who are starting the game obviously need more lessons than someone who has been playing for awhile. Good players (unless they are going through a huge swing change) usually have very small problems to fix, so going to see a pro for a lesson more than once a month is in my opinion a waste of money. A great pro that has worked with many tour players once told me, the hardest thing a good player has to deal with is set up, and that could be fixed by a golfer with not much knowledge of the golf swing.

[quote name='MBIUcrscj ' post='2045003' date='Nov 4 2009, 09:55 AM']How deep pocketed are some of you juniors?

My lessons are $70/session which @ 1 per week is $3640 in a year, plus adding those extras comes to over $4000/year???

Anyways, as a teacher myself, unless my student has serious potential once a week is way too much, and by serious potential he/she must be winning junior tournaments consistently, getting scholarship offers, etc.

If your a guy who's shooting high 70's low 80's in tournaments, I think once a week is wasting your money, once a month would be fine.[/quote]

Ill go out on a limb here and say that I disagree with you. No player ever should have a lesson every week. Having a lesson every week makes a golfer very weak. Because that player has to depend on the coach to tell him whats wrong. You know? The player should be able to hit a couple of shots, identify the problem and try to correct it. And I dont mean like compensate by going over the top or anything. I mean if the coach and student have gone over a certain problem, and the problem comes back, you would assume the student could fix it. Making the player do this just makes them mentally stronger. I can say when I start spraying my driver (which is very unusuall for me as I hit the ball straight) I know that my right hand just got strong. I fix it and my drives go back to normal. I dont know though, thats what I think. I would hate to be out in a tourney and get into a bad funk. Then start wishing my coach was there to help real quick! And I have never had this problem.

i feel its your personal opinion. one a week, one a month, one a year. its your choice :)

[quote name='MBIUcrscj ' post='2046114' date='Nov 4 2009, 04:18 PM'][quote name='xmod_supra' post='2045862' date='Nov 4 2009, 05:15 PM'][quote name='MBIUcrscj ' post='2045003' date='Nov 4 2009, 09:55 AM']How deep pocketed are some of you juniors?

If your a guy who's shooting high 70's low 80's in tournaments, I think once a week is wasting your money, once a month would be fine.[/quote]

Ill go out on a limb here and say that I disagree with you. No player ever should have a lesson every week. Having a lesson every week makes a golfer very weak. Because that player has to depend on the coach to tell him whats wrong. You know? The player should be able to hit a couple of shots, identify the problem and try to correct it. And I dont mean like compensate by going over the top or anything. I mean if the coach and student have gone over a certain problem, and the problem comes back, you would assume the student could fix it. Making the player do this just makes them mentally stronger. I can say when I start spraying my driver (which is very unusuall for me as I hit the ball straight) I know that my right hand just got strong. I fix it and my drives go back to normal. I dont know though, thats what I think. I would hate to be out in a tourney and get into a bad funk. Then start wishing my coach was there to help real quick! And I have never had this problem.
[/quote]

Ok I was basing my post on juniors. So you expect a 15 year old kid to be able to understand how to fix a swing flaw after one lesson on a certain thing such as pulling drives, or pushing irons?

Because it is ALWAYS one thing as well that goes wrong because we all here swing like Tour Pros and have perfect swings?

I think a junior needs much more time with a teacher then an adult was, they have to learn the game, and understand it in order to be successful down the road, you teach someone by working on different things each week (at least that's how my junior lessons go).

I hope no one is going for lessons where you work on the same thing week after week after week, because that would be quite foolish.
[/quote]
I disagree with both things you said. First, I don't think it matters how old the person getting lessons is, I think it's how well they understand golf. I know plenty of junior golfers who know a ton more than adults, so you can't say a 15 year old kid needs more time. Also, how can you work on a different thing each week. that seems like an overload to me no?

I have to say that I love lessons. I love the thought that after the lesson I will be a little better.

Wholeinone is right, I do what I am told to do but I dont want to know why I have to do this and generally I dont want more that one or two things to be working on at one time even though I practice 5 times a week I just work on whatever it is until it happens without thought and then next lesson move onto the next thing and with golf there always seems to be something else to work on.

[quote name='MBIUcrscj ' post='2046114' date='Nov 4 2009, 07:18 PM'][quote name='xmod_supra' post='2045862' date='Nov 4 2009, 05:15 PM'][quote name='MBIUcrscj ' post='2045003' date='Nov 4 2009, 09:55 AM']How deep pocketed are some of you juniors?

[/quote]

Ok I was basing my post on juniors. So you expect a 15 year old kid to be able to understand how to fix a swing flaw after one lesson on a certain thing such as pulling drives, or pushing irons?

Because it is ALWAYS one thing as well that goes wrong because we all here swing like Tour Pros and have perfect swings?

I think a junior needs much more time with a teacher then an adult was, they have to learn the game, and understand it in order to be successful down the road, you teach someone by working on different things each week (at least that's how my junior lessons go).

I hope no one is going for lessons where you work on the same thing week after week after week, because that would be quite foolish.
[/quote]

Expect a 15 year old to know? Ya, I would expect a 15 year old to know his swing dude. Im 16 and I know my swing very well. Just turned 16, BTW. I may not know more about the history of golf, or the swing, or who one the British Open in 1819. But i tell you what I know a s*** ton more about my swing than you know about it.

[quote name='MBIUcrscj ' post='2046353' date='Nov 4 2009, 09:29 PM']How would a 15 year old who has been golfing for say 5 years, know and understand more then an adult who has been playing for 20+ years?[/quote]

I dont have to understand all the points of every golf swing ever made more than an adult. I just have to know my swing, because at this point its all that matters to me.

Just because you have maybe taught some people a stock swing over the past 5 years does not make you God!

wholeinwon who did you upset? this tread spiraled for no reason... :)

wholeinwon, let me first say that years experience means nothing. In any field, experience never equates to skill or ability to produce - or even knowledge. Second, ignore the younger guy; nothing good can come from an argument of this sort. Neither party learns a thing.

Back on topic:

As a junior golfer, I spent hours and hours a day with my coach having "lessons". The idea of too many lessons is absurd. Problems start to occur when a teacher is pushing new ideas on the student each lesson, something no decent coach would ever do.

Meanwhile, the idea that a student cannot learn how to "self-fix" their own swing just because another eye is around is equally wrong. Many, many times I've hit poor shot after poor shot, eventually looking at my coach for help - who had been watching the entire time. A good coach will help the student understand why he or she is making a mistake and will help the student identify a way to solve the issue.

A good math tutor won't tell you the answer to a difficult problem, you wouldn't learn a thing. He would show the necessary steps and requirements to come to a conclusion and make sure you understand the process yourself.

I was part of an "elite" junior golf team at a golf club when I was in my teens from age 13 to 17. There were a dozen/half a dozen of us, we had coaching once or twice a week and sessions would last a couple of hours. The highest handicapper at any stage was approximately a 7. Several of the players went on to win National Championships and a few of us now have our careers in golf. We all enjoyed the sessions immensely and always had fun doing all sorts of challenges, be it rules, trick shots, competition, fitness... Coaching is not simply about making adjustments to golf swings.

I take lessons once a week and so far i have drop around 30 strokes over the last year.
y

Summer 2008- 130
Summer 2009- 95

Taylormade Tour Burner 10.5* Regular
Orlimar VT830 19* 3 hybrid Regular
Taylormade T-360 5-9 Irons Regular
Titleist Tour Model 49* PW Stiff
Professional Open 690 Series 52* Regular
Taylormade T-360 56* Regular
Ping I Series 1/2 Moon Putter
Srixon Trispeed
Skycaddie SG3

[quote name='wholeinwon ' post='2052624' date='Nov 8 2009, 02:24 PM']Well I assume the kid that ranted on me for no reason?

Apparently I think I'm God because I had experience on the topic and wrote it in a post?? And I know nothing about the golf swing because of it?[/quote]
Be a man and get off the kid's back. This thread is in the junior forum.

"there are people out there who are 30 handicaps who have 3 lessons a week for the entire season...it doesn't matter people need what they need and what works for them works."

A thirty handicap working 3x a week for a season isn't getting what they need, and isn't getting instruction or coaching that works.

Just saying.

[quote name='wholeinwon ' post='2052553' date='Nov 8 2009, 12:58 PM']Wow kids these days eh? If you would of read my post I clearly stated that I'm not talking about every junior I'm talking about most juniors...and whether you know it or not...most juniors don't know very much about their swing, heck most juniors don't play in AJGA events, or on high school teams as well, just like the high majority of golfers don't play in the US Am or State Events.

I know you're going to come back with some sarcastic post telling me how wrong I am, but sorry to say I'm not; 95% of golfers have no clue what it means to be shallow, or what the proper position at the top is, it's just how golf is, just like not many people understand what picking a proper shaft or getting fit for clubs will do for their game.

You know more about the golf swing then someone who spends everyday studying and learning and working on the golf swing.

I don't expect you to understand since you don't know what a career is yet, but do you think once you get a job you just sit on your a** and do nothing else?

There really is no point getting into an arguement, your comments make you seem a little younger then 16 years old.

To your points...like I've said, I've taught a ton of people, both young and old...and if you would of read my post I said "not every junior" but "most juniors"...most I come across don't spend their time on a golf forum, or don't spend 7 days a week practicing or learning about their swing.

I'm really impressed how upset you got at my post, it's almost like I told you directly "You know nothing about the swing!!!" and I obviously didn't so I guess I struck a cord as I am trying to help juniors understand something.

Also pretty offended at "Just because you taught people a stock swing" again once you get a career I think you'll understand more how moving up in the world works.[/quote]

Since my name is so mysterious you can just call me Cody. ;)

And the reason I did not write back is because I dont spend my time on this forum, but I was told by Hank Haney (above) that I do. Kinda funny coming from a guy who has 1,300+ post.

Anyways I just said to you that I didnt think any golfer needed a lesson everyweek. In longer fashion. And you got Butt Hurt and wrote an essay back telling me why all junior golfers (besides .000839473545748% of them) dont know anything about golf and that we all have ADHD outbreaks. And none of us no anything.

Just seems nothing pisses me off more than a guy who thinks he is a know it all. And the only way you can show people you know everything is by going to a "JUNIOR" topic area and tell us why doing this is wrong, this is right, and this is absurd. Because jerkoffs like you think that we know nothing. Maybe alot of kids dont know about the swing... But a kid who played once a month would not be on here. Hence the reason Why I said no golfer should get a lesson every week. Assuming all the juniors on here play in tourneys or tryout for highschool.

How can you tell someone to get a job big guy? When you dont know me? I work at kroger now and have been for 2 years. Which Im proud of. By no means is it a career, but im on a path to a more steady paying career than you're on.

Im not upset now, I just see all your post in the "junior" section, and all of them prove that you are an a******. So please leave us juniors alone, and go to your own section.

KTHXBY

And yes Im prepared to back things that I said. With direct quotes. Ill start with a few now.

1300+ post---- you have 1340.

ADHD outbreaks------ "Attention spans of younger teens just isn't there no matter how much they love golf"

Times I said you know nothing about golf---- 0.

Times I said I know more about my swing than you----- Several.

Times I mentioned myself on here everyday and practicing golf everyday---- 0.

"just see all your post in the "junior" section"----- Just look around...

"u know more about the golf swing then someone who spends everyday studying and learning and working on the golf swing."------ I dont recall saying this.

Anything else you would like me to point out, feel free to ask.

I deleted the posts which make me "think I'm better then everyone else".

1340 posts, I've been here for over 4 years, and talk golf with people, talk about topics in golf, learn about golf, etc. this site is the #1 resource I have to talk to people from around the world about golf related topics, it's a huge free forum where you can get a ton of ideas, insights, and tips about the golf swing, teaching and many other parts of the golf world.

Maybe you do know more about the golf swing then I do, maybe you don't? can you really know...?

Again I'm so sorry and apologize to every junior I ever offended in the junior section giving tips on golf, working, jobs in the industry, the PGM program, college golf, tournaments and everything else. I'm so sorry I've been such a terrible addition to this community and am so full of myself trying to help juniors get on the right path in playing, working or going to school for golf.

So hopefully I can get a job at Kroger since I know nothing about golf and should get out of the industry immediately.