Bridestone Ball Fitting Results

Sub-80

take with a grain of salt?
Here are the results of my Bridgestone Ball Fitting:
ballfitting.jpg

Has anyone gone from a ProV1x to a B330-S and seen results such as these? I think the guy running the test seemed honest. He said the ball I was playing wasn't ideal for me...but he said there are other balls that would be better for me outside of the Bridgestone line.

One thing I found interesting was that he said the B330 is marketed for 112+ swing speeds, but after testing so many players he's found that it's really for even higher swing speeds than that.

He didn't even have me test the B330, just the B330-S. I would've liked to see the results with both.

Another thing I found curious was the ProV1x swing was an obvious pull hook, and the B330-S swing was a draw. I think if the swings were identical for both, the distance numbers wouldn't have such a dramatic difference.

Should I take these results with a grain of salt?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Bridgestone uses things called Science eyes and they are said to be as accurate as anything. You need to play the bridgestone b330-s. You probably put better swings on the bridgestone ball. You swung faster and you said you pull hooked the prov1x. You figured it out and started hitting bombs with slight draws. Thats what I think at least.

[quote name='brandtsnedeker' date='01 July 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1278020684' post='2549598']
No. Bridgestone uses things called Science eyes and they are said to be as accurate as anything. You need to play the bridgestone b330-s. You probably put better swings on the bridgestone ball. You swung faster and you said you pull hooked the prov1x. You figured it out and started hitting bombs with slight draws. Thats what I think at least.
[/quote]

Your spin rate is considerably better as is your side spin so yes you should have seen an improvement but there would not be a 29 yard difference between balls. I think you will like the S, based on your spin rate you should get a little more piercing ball flight and some extra roll, without losing any spin inside 100 yards.

I found the two times I did this bridgestone ball fitting thing that the guy running it made a decision on what would be best for me before I even hit a ball. He asked what ball I was playing, when I showed him a ball out of production (Srixon z-urc) he immediately grabbed a sleeve of e6. I hit my ball, then the e6. I hit them both bad, just terrible swings, he said "Yep, the e6 is the ball for you." Arrgghh! I like the B330s a lot, having played them in the past. I found their online ball fitting thing about the same. Disappointed.

I do not like any of the eballs I've hit (e5-e6).

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be very suspicious of that test. I love Bridgestone balls, but I find it REALLY hard to believe that ANY premium ball would gain you 30 yards over another. I've tried almost every ball under the sun, and in my opinion the differences are simply not that extreme.

I'd need to see an average of a lot of swings with each ball to believe those numbers. I think the tech was doing some cherry-picking ...

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

[quote name='bazinky' date='13 July 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1279082496' post='2574744']
I'd be very suspicious of that test. I love Bridgestone balls, but I find it REALLY hard to believe that ANY premium ball would gain you 30 yards over another. I've tried almost every ball under the sun, and in my opinion the differences are simply not that extreme.

I'd need to see an average of a lot of swings with each ball to believe those numbers. I think the tech was doing some cherry-picking ...
[/quote]

I have to agree. Almost 30 yards seems hard to believe especially with two golf balls that are on the same level. I think either the rep did some manipulating or the program they are using might be skewed. But hey, go to the course with a sleeve of each and conduct your own test. At least your test was dynamic and conducted with a launch monitor. The ball fitting conducted using the online program is total garbage.

I would take the results with a healthy tablespoon and plenty of water.

BTW. I've used both and actually like the B330-S due to better feel and greenside control.

[quote name='bazinky' date='13 July 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1279082496' post='2574744']

[/quote]

Actually the opposite was probably true, tech probably forgot to remove a mishit with the competitor ball.

• 1 month later...

An old topic but I just had a ball fitting at Golftown in Canada. Contrary to the States where lefties weren't welcome to be fit, they put aside a special time for us lefties. I play the Tour ix right now and the I hit it against 330-S and the 330-RX. My swing speed measured 104 +/-2 mph and looking at spin and launch angle the fitter said my current ball was good for my swing but he also suggested the RX if I wanted to try something new.

I agree with other posts - no way a ball change is going to give you "an average" of 30 yards extra distance. Obviously comparing a mis-hit and one flushed can give 30 yards, but again - not routinely. Every time I go out and test new balls against what I normally play, the balls are within a couple paces of each other - drivers and irons. What I mostly notice is a difference in feel, trajectory, durability, and stopability.

[quote name='flowrider' timestamp='1282071364' post='2645232']
An old topic but I just had a ball fitting at Golftown in Canada. [b]Contrary to the States where lefties weren't welcome to be fit, they put aside a special time for us lefties.[/b] I play the Tour ix right now and the I hit it against 330-S and the 330-RX. My swing speed measured 104 +/-2 mph and looking at spin and launch angle the fitter said my current ball was good for my swing but he also suggested the RX if I wanted to try something new.
[/quote]

I am assuming that they put aside a different time for lefties because Canada has a much larger population of left-handed golfers than the United States. Many of your hockey players that shoot left-handed also play golf left-handed, correct? That's why I play left-handed.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='don28' timestamp='1282270633' post='2650311']
[quote name='flowrider' timestamp='1282071364' post='2645232']
An old topic but I just had a ball fitting at Golftown in Canada. [b]Contrary to the States where lefties weren't welcome to be fit, they put aside a special time for us lefties.[/b] I play the Tour ix right now and the I hit it against 330-S and the 330-RX. My swing speed measured 104 +/-2 mph and looking at spin and launch angle the fitter said my current ball was good for my swing but he also suggested the RX if I wanted to try something new.
[/quote]

I am assuming that they put aside a different time for lefties because Canada has a much larger population of left-handed golfers than the United States. Many of your hockey players that shoot left-handed also play golf left-handed, correct? That's why I play left-handed.
[/quote]

Not too sure exactly but that's the theory. I play hockey left, bat left, golf left but write, throw, play tennis right handed. But still most lefty hockey players play golf right handed. Maybe I should switch, I couldn't be any worse!!