2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Titleist 910 F

G.Review

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start off my review by saying I didn't have a chance to try or demo every other new 3 wood before I purchased my 910f, i'm kind of a ho, but I feel like once you find a solid three wood you should stick with it. I played the same 980f for several years before making the jump. The 980f I owned was the 'strong' 15* version which was the deep faced version of the series and it was very solid off the tee, but not so much off a tight light or many lies from the fairway for that matter when you play the ball down. So I have been ho'ing shallow faced fairways on and off over the years looking for a good mix of performance and playability just because. With no luck until now.

So on to the broken down review..

Looks-
Doesn't look like a Titleist which is nice to me for once with the stealthy pvd black on black finish. Compact yet confidence inspiring at address and has a shinier then usual dci logo as an alignment marker instead of the raised satin steel. Also, the surefit tip is hidden very well in that it's really not noticeable, looks business as usual at address and frames the ball nicely with the black face.

Feel-
This is and always will be subjective so I'll just say that it is solid, but has more of a metallic (crisp?) feel and sound than I like or am used to. Not a deal breaker at all. Just took me a little by surprise. Still feels great when you catch one on the screws and provides plenty of feedback.

Forgiveness/Performance-
Probably the most important factor when considering a new club is how it performs and what you want it for. I was a little worried that it wouldn't be very playable from the tee after using a little deeper faced 3 wood for so long, but was surprised that it was as deep (longer) and playable (more forgiving). I'm not long off the tee, but there's several par 4's at my local courses that pulling driver in is a no go for me and the 910f filled a spot in the bag being playable from the fairway and tee. Did I mention that it was hot? WOW

If you're on the fence go demo. I originally got mine with the 75S MFT Kaili and it was great, felt super smooth and had a nice flight, but it tended to go a little left for me, which is my usual miss. So I got a PX 7c3 to try and combat it along with the B1 setting and picked up 10-12 yards and a more consistent mid flight. WIN WIN.

[quote name='Myfast' timestamp='1306194665' post='3256928']
I'll start off my review by saying I didn't have a chance to try or demo every other new 3 wood before I purchased my 910f, i'm kind of a ho, but I feel like once you find a solid three wood you should stick with it. I played the same 980f for several years before making the jump. The 980f I owned was the 'strong' 15* version which was the deep faced version of the series and it was very solid off the tee, but not so much off a tight light or many lies from the fairway for that matter when you play the ball down. So I have been ho'ing shallow faced fairways on and off over the years looking for a good mix of performance and playability just because. With no luck until now.

Looks-
Doesn't look like a Titleist which is nice to me for once with the stealthy pvd black on black finish. Compact yet confidence inspiring at address and has a shinier then usual dci logo as an alignment marker instead of the raised satin steel. Also, the surefit tip is hidden very well in that it's really not noticeable, looks business as usual at address and frames the ball nicely with the black face.

Feel-
This is and always will be subjective so I'll just say that it is solid, but has more of a metallic (crisp?) feel and sound than I like or am used to. Not a deal breaker at all. Just took me a little by surprise. Still feels great when you catch one on the screws and provides plenty of feedback.

Forgiveness/Performance-
Probably the most important factor when considering a new club is how it performs and what you want it for. I was a little worried that it wouldn't be very playable from the tee after using a little deeper faced 3 wood for so long, but was surprised that it was as deep (longer) and playable (more forgiving). I'm not long off the tee, but there's several par 4's at my local courses that pulling driver in is a no go for me and the 910f filled a spot in the bag being playable from the fairway and tee. Did I mention that it was hot? WOW

If you're on the fence go demo. I originally got mine with the 75S MFT Kaili and it was great, felt super smooth and had a nice flight, but it tended to go a little left for me, which is my usual miss. So I got a PX 7c3 to try and combat it along with the B1 setting and picked up 10-12 yards and a more consistent mid flight. WIN WIN.
[/quote]

i have a 910F and love it, awesome. project x shaft is nasty. feels great, very long,nice to look at. no downside

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

• 1 month later...

I did an extensI've search for a new FW. I ended up picking the 910f with the ahima shaft after spending and hour at Roger Dunn with about 10 different clubs this club is hot and easy to hit. I love the fact that you can swap the shafts easily. I find that I do not us the adjustments at all and mostly leave it at standard A2. Great club enhanced by it's versatility.

I did an extensI've search for a new FW. I ended up picking the 910f with the ahima shaft after spending and hour at Roger Dunn with about 10 different clubs this club is hot and easy to hit. I love the fact that you can swap the shafts easily. I find that I do not us the adjustments at all and mostly leave it at standard A2. Great club enhanced by it's versatility.

• 4 weeks later...

After a few demo sessions on the range I decided to pick up a 15* with a MFT 'Ahina stiff. I took it out for a round on friday and it's nearly as long as my previous driver. The look at address inspired confidence, and despite having a shallower face, it was easy to hit off of the tee. and the few hits off of the toe still flew relatively far with a slight draw. This club looks, sounds, and feels great. I would definitely recommend to anyone in the market for a new fairway wood to go to the local PGA pro and get fit for this club.

I love the reactions I get after I swing this club. I typically hit a 3W where many people hit driver. My playing partners don't like the fact I can smash my 15º near 300, airmailing their drives. Such a pure club. The sound, the aerodynamics, the feel. I switched from the 980f, and couldn't be more stoked on the 910f performance.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='mr75204' timestamp='1312912348' post='3466781']
I've had mine for a few months. I hated it up until a few weeks ago when I changed shafts. It's my baby
[/quote]

Which shaft did you swith from and then to?

I'm on the fence, because although I have the ahina in my driver and 910H, and I like it, but 3 wood is a money club and I want it straight with a Med High flight off the deck. The tee you can pretty much tee it up or down, but off the deck you need it to be money. I'm not sure if it's the right fit for 3 wood. I've heard the kai'li is a bit too soft and tends to go left, and some people do like the project X and some don't.

I'm curious about your shaft switch.

Thanks!

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 set to 9.5 with Graphite Design VR 6x
Callaway AI Smoke TD 3 wood, Ventus TR Red 7 S

Callaway AI Smoke TD 7 wood, Denali

Titleist T200 4I GD AD 95 shaft

Titleist T150-5-PW Modus Nippon 120 S
TM Copper 2024 MG4 Wedges, 50, 56, 60 Modus Nippon 120 S

Toulon 24 Collection Fist Run Austin

[quote name='hurricanes7' timestamp='1306195313' post='3256952']

Looks-

Feel-

Forgiveness/Performance-

[/quote]

i have a 910F and love it, awesome. project x shaft is nasty. feels great, very long,nice to look at. no downside
[/quote]

+1

Setup at address is perfect

Ok, I'm hoping that the ahina works out. I like it in my driver and hybrid. I was at a golf course yesterday hitting balls on the range and they were having a clearance of their inventory, so I go a NEW 910f 15* for $180, with headcover and wrench.

I've hit it before with the Kai'li and the head felt great, but shaft was a bit whippy. I'm crossing my fingers. If I need to reshaft, I can pick up a 910 shaft tip and put in something else. I like all my woods to have the same look and feel.

Next step will be the irons. I'm hoping the 712's come out soon.

Totally awesome woods. I had strayed from Titleist to Nike (T60s), to Taylormade and was playing the R9 fairways, which are great. The 910F got me back to Titleist and these will be in the bag for a long, long time. I've got the F in 15 and 19* with PX 8C4 shafts. Long and strong!

Callaway Epic Sub Zero, Diamana D+ 63g Stiff
Callaway XR 5 wood, Project X LZ 6.0
Callaway XR 7 wood, Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist 915 H 24*, Diamana D+ 82 HY Stiff
Ping i500, DG S300 105
Ping Glide 2.0 54 & 58, Ping AMT Stiff
Scotty Cameron CA Monterey, 35"

[quote name='tekman' timestamp='1312923521' post='3467545']
I've had mine for a few months. I hated it up until a few weeks ago when I changed shafts. It's my baby
[/quote]

I'm on the fence, because although I have the ahina in my driver and 910H, and I like it, but 3 wood is a money club and I want it straight with a Med High flight off the deck. The tee you can pretty much tee it up or down, but off the deck you need it to be money. I'm not sure if it's the right fit for 3 wood. I've heard the kai'li is a bit too soft and tends to go left, and some people do like the project X and some don't.

Thanks!
[/quote]

I had the Ahina in it and for whatever reason I couldn't hit the thing straight....ever! As a matter of fact it was a duck hook every time. I switched to the Kai'li (sp?) and it's been incredible. My clubhead speed with a 3 wood is somewhere around 94-100 mph

Well, I picked up the 910f with the ahina,. It was recommended because I have it in the driver and hybrid, and so far I hate it. Anyone know how easy it is to pull the sleeve off the shaft?

[quote name='tekman' timestamp='1313326912' post='3483625']
Well, I picked up the 910f with the ahina,. It was recommended because I have it in the driver and hybrid, and so far I hate it. Anyone know how easy it is to pull the sleeve off the shaft?
[/quote]

Not giving up on the ahina yet. Ordered the weight kit and will add a different weight to the head to see if I can get the ballflight up.

Looks-

Feel-

Forgiveness/Performance-

[/quote]

Do you have the F or FD?

Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

I own one....with the PX 7B3. My sure fit setting is D-1, so as to achieve a little less loft.

Let me just say this. When you put a 3 wood in your bag of this calibur...the driver is rarely your first choice off the tee.

EDIT: I would [b][u]not[/u][/b] reccomend this club to a 12+ through beginner handicap. It stays true to Titleist's mantra...."a better club for the better player".

913D3 - Diamana D+ 72x
910Fd - Motore Sp. VC 8.2x
712CB - KBS Tour S+
SM4 - KBS Tour S
2014 Fastback
ProV1x

[/quote]

Thanks!
[/quote]

Not sure if this helps but I have the 910 fd and I didn't really like it at first because I couldn't get the ball up from the fairway with the ahina 82x. I recently installed a blueboard 83x and play it in the A-4 setting and now I absolutely love this club. The blueboard will definitely help you achieve the straight, med high ball flight you are looking for!

Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
Titleist TS3 15 w/ Tensei Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist 915HD 20.5 w/ Aldila Tour Blue 95X
Titleist T100 4-P w/ TI X100
Vokey SM7 52.08, 56.10, 60.04 w/ TI S400
Scotty Cameron Select Squareback

[quote name='sir shanks a lot' timestamp='1314103319' post='3512157']
[/quote]

Thanks!
[/quote]

Not sure if this helps but I have the 910 fd and I didn't really like it at first because I couldn't get the ball up from the fairway with the ahina 82x. I recently installed a blueboard 83x and play it in the A-4 setting and now I absolutely love this club. The blueboard will definitely help you achieve the straight, med high ball flight you are looking for!
[/quote]

Yeah, I couldn't pass up a deal to get 25% off the club new, even though it has the ahina in it. I hate the ahina in the FW, although I like it in the driver and the hybrid. Currently looking to get a replacement shaft, or if I could find someone to remove the Adapter from the ahina I could just put in a Harmon GXX 78 gram FW wood shaft I have sitting in my garage. Great FW wood shaft BTW. Had it in an old TM fairway previously and it's great off the deck. Have a new, uncut one ready to install too. None of the stores around will pull the adapter because of their agreement with Titleist.

If there are any club makers near ST Louis that can pull it without damaging it, please let me know.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

So, finally got the shaft replaced and had a few rounds with it. So far the review is mixed. Off the tee it is a bomb. Highly surprised how far it goes. off the deck it's still mixed. Even being slightly lower profile than the F-d I still cannot elevate it like I'd like. Could be the shaft, although I had the same shft in a TM 3 wood for a few years and it was money off the deck, so not entirely sure.

It's a beautiful club, and I probably need more practice with it off the deck. It took me a while to get usd to my r9 when I got it and now that thing is a bomber off the deck.

All in all it's a good club. Some TM offerings are a bit easier to hit with more forgiveness, but the feel of this club is fat superior on solid hits. Same with the driver and hybrid. Just great feeling clubs all around.

• 4 weeks later...

Im currently playing a 904f (Love the club, probably the finest 3 wood i've ever hit), however its worn out now and the face is soft or caved. I played the 904 with a Dynamic Gold S300 and use to hit it a mile with great trajectory most of the time. I am seriously considering getting this 910f with the same shaft or the S400. Any ideas if this would work or is it even possible to put a steel shaft in this club? Also am I a fool for still playing steel in my fairways even with such good experiences with it in the past? My second choice of shaft would probably be the Project X

• 3 months later...

I have the 910f 13.5 with the made for kai'li 75 s and I absolutely love this club off the tee. Perfect trajectory and feel from the shaft (it's quite high torque) with a stunning sound to match. I describe it as a rewarding metallic smack that doesn't sound hollow. I could upgrade to a real deal shaft but for the moment this kai'li is performing.

It does launch low off the deck (hardly surprising seeing as it's the 13.5 model), so I'm tempted to open the face a bit and play a higher fade but because this thing is so good off the tee I don't want to mess with the setting's. I only use it off the deck once every couple of rounds anyway so for now it's set up as an ideal fairway finder.

Miles

[quote name='ngohiong' timestamp='1327599196' post='4156475']
Does anyone know the swingweight? I've been trying to find a heavier fairway wood head. (Any other reccomendations?) I think the Ping i20 is d2 and the r11 is d4. Thanks
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure is say's d3 in the product brochure. You can grab the pdf off their website, but off the top of my head I think it's d3.