Life After Golf Guru

2»

Comments

• mgagsmgags Lefty Boomers Posts: 66
    edited Jul 11, 2013 #32
    It's down now, if someone can get on, please let me know.
  • I too have a GG black and white model that I dearly love. I too would be willing to pay a small annual fee to keep the website open for downloads. What is the website address that you are trying to access?
  • mgagsmgags Lefty Boomers Posts: 66
    gpsgolfguru.com
  • RickochetRickochet Members Posts: 374 ✭✭
    The former company president who posted some on this forum name was Darryl Cornish. I don't know if he can be tracked down through Facebook or something but might be worth a try.
  • chris53nychris53ny Members Posts: 1
    edited Jul 24, 2013 #36
    I purchased a Bushnell neo x watch as well. It is good but it is no way as good as the Golf Guru. I use it when I play a course that I haven't downloaded on my Guru. The hazards are a waste of time because they only list two on each hole. If they tell you how far one is they never give you the distance to clear it. The Guru is excellent with hazards and i find it far more accurate then some of my friends Garmins. If any info comes up about how to download courses again, would appreciate the heads up. E-mail is [email protected].

Thanks, Hit em straight
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭
    edited Jul 25, 2013 #37
    chris53ny wrote:

I purchased a Bushnell neo x watch as well. It is good but it is no way as good as the Golf Guru. I use it when I play a course that I haven't downloaded on my Guru. The hazards are a waste of time because they only list two on each hole. If they tell you how far one is they never give you the distance to clear it. The Guru is excellent with hazards and i find it far more accurate then some of my friends Garmins. If any info comes up about how to download courses again, would appreciate the heads up. E-mail is [email protected].

Thanks, Hit em straight

I've tried reaching out to the domain holder of GG, but that doesn't seem too promising.

I also have the Neo X and I'm very pleased with it. I don't view the hazards as a waste like you do, as I do appreciate the distance to a dog leg or to a creek or water and the Neo X often provides distance to clear those water hazards. I really appreciate the convenience of having yardage on my wrist.

However with that said, the GG2 that I have is still IMHO the best handheld GPS. My guess/hope is that we may see something like the features of the GG2 on the next generation of a Garmin or Bushnell watch that lists more hazards. However till then, I'm completely happy with my Neo X for $150.
  • drkladrkla Members Posts: 35
    I did not receive any reply from my email to the domain owner a few weeks ago.

A search of LinkedIn gives us several people affiliated with gpsgolfguru, but I was unable to message them to find some answers with my membership.

Perhaps if someone had an upgraded LinkedIn membership they could direct message Darryl Cornish or Charles Huston, founders of gpsgolfguru, and they could help us owners. (Both have LinkedIn accounts when searched.)

Even a window,if announced, like earlier in the month when the webpage was operational, giving us opportunity to load courses would be helpful.
  • S.A. OSOS.A. OSO steady, steady........ Members Posts: 260 ✭✭
    The site is not working. I have the original one. I agree that the website is useful to download additional courses which is nice. Although it does not generate any revenue for the company.
    Driver - R15 430; Fuji Speeder Evolution 757 Tour Spec S; 10.5
    3 Wood - AeroBurner TP HL; Matrix White Tie 70x4; 16.5
    Hybrid 1 - Mizuno T-Zoid FLI-HI - 21
    Hybrid 2 - Maltby KE4 Tour HDI Hybrid; 25
    5 iron to PW - Maltby MMB
    Wedge 1 - Maltby Tour Grind MG; 52
    Wedge 2 - Maltby CER; 56
    Wedge 3 - Maltby M-Series; 60
    Putter - Maltby Pure-Track Tour Milled Blade
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭
    Today I was cleaning up some "bookmarks" on my browser and decided to click on the Golf Guru link, and much to my surprise their site is live again! I figured I'd pass this along just in case any GG owners wanted to load a new course or two.
  • ski_coski_co Members Posts: 7
    Just happened to check the site today - it is up -

I tried to quickly grab some courses and sync the unit (002) - the utility says the version is not supported (2051) and to log in to the site to download the updated version.

There is no newer version --
  • RickochetRickochet Members Posts: 374 ✭✭
    I just logged into their website. All of my courses were still listed. That's pretty amazing. I think I used my Guru 4 once for golf last year when I forgot my Neo X watch. I really prefer the watch. As nice as it is hated to have to hit buttons on the G4 screen 3 or 4 times each hole.
  • don golferinpadon golferinpa Members Posts: 107
    I tried uninstalling 2051 version and uploaded the new version. both the same. sent a message to support on their website.

maybe they are gradually building the website back. it would be great to sync again.
  • RedskinsfanRedskinsfan Posts: 290 ✭✭

I tried uninstalling 2051 version and uploaded the new version. both the same. sent a message to support on their website.

maybe they are gradually building the website back. it would be great to sync again.

Well, I came on here as soon as I could after seeing the site up yesterday. I have guru 4 and I'm getting "version 2.5.0.5 not supported" I guess I'm not the only one.

Really, I just want my home course that I personally mapped to show up again. It somehow deleted over a year ago. I use a rangefinder mostly but that one was very helpful on some blind shots and anything over 200 or on par 5's for layups.

I hope someone gets thru to these guys
    I just sent an email to their support. Perhaps they'll help.
  • RedskinsfanRedskinsfan Posts: 290 ✭✭
    I just received an email this morning...

"Hi Bob,

Yes, GPS Golf Guru have gone out of business.

We are an Australian distributor of the Guru 4 product specifically.

As we still have users in Australia using the Guru 4 units, we contracted a software development team to restore the site, and establish the server under our control.

Currently, the site is back up and running, but we are still finalising the new utility program which will enable you to connect to the server and upload courses etc.

The error you received is because the old utility software is not compatible with the new system we have in operation.

This should not be too much longer.

You can see all updates on our Guru 4 support page at [url="mhtml:{85CF9BB4-4B8B-47BD-9367-DCED9A07D1F7}mid://00000001/!x-usc:http://www.on-pin.com/"]www.on-pin.com[/url]

Kind regards,

Justin Steer

On-Pin"

Maybe they will have us something before too long!
    Redskinfan:

Nice that someone responded. too bad about guru closing. I wonder what happens to those of us with gg2. If Justin contacts you again, please ask him about those of us with older gurus. Can they enable software for us to update our courses.

much obliged,

Don
  • quincyScottquincyScott Members Posts: 6
    I think the utility worked for all hand held models no? if so when they upgrade the utility the older ones should be good too
    Is the utility working yet for the gg4? I have the original.
  • "You can see all updates on our Guru 4 support page at www.on-pin.com "

Where is this info on their site?
  • tammermantammerman Members Posts: 3
    Justin from On-Pin replied to me and he indicated that all prior versions of the Golf Guru should be supported when the new system is deployed. He told me to check for updates at the following site: http://on-pin.com/consumer/support-guru4.html
  • tnewctnewc Tom Members Posts: 17
    edited Jun 4, 2014 #52
    Their website is up, but they don't have the latest utility for me to sync my G4. 2.0.5.5 doesn,t work. Thought I'd give it another try before renewing my Skycaddie. Any suggestions?

Oops! Didn't see the 2014 comments.
  • Pery's MPery's M Members Posts: 10
    Two part question. Does anyone have an older version of the golf utility < 2.0.5.1 for the G003 model. I haven't used my golf guru in such a long time and wasn't aware that they had gone out of business. I did notice that their site was up and tried to download the utility from there but that install kept having a pop up stating that 2.0.5.1 is no longer supported and to go back to their site for the latest version but there isn't another version to be found. Which leads me to my second question, can we still download courses from their site if there was a working guru utility?
  • http://on-pin.com/consumer/support-guru4.html <---- This site is suppose to be getting the site up and running for those that have a golf Guru, but nothing as of yet.
  • Pery's MPery's M Members Posts: 10
    Thanks for the head's up!
  • I asked last week about their progress or lack they of and have not heard back yet. Not looking too promising.
  • kennyknousekennyknouse Members Posts: 1
    bbleous wrote:

I wished they had given a little warning so I could get the courses I wanted to have on the unit for the rest of it's life. I've moved on and got the upro mx+.
    I used my guru yesterday and it worked flawlessly. I, like you, want to download more courses but the "sync" function is not still not operational. The website said they are working to fix the "sync" function, but this as been ongoing for some time. I'm not confident that it will ever be fixed.
  • Flyer7Flyer7 Members Posts: 2
    What's the latest on Guru in Australia?

I bought mine 3 years ago from the office in Manly, and want to download some courses here in NZ..I have only 3 on it .

Would appreciate any assitance as to whether the outfit still functions.

Regards

Peter Worrall Auckland NZ
  • S.A. OSOS.A. OSO steady, steady........ Members Posts: 260 ✭✭
    Can the battery be changed on the original? Mine works but the battery tends to run down faster now.
    Driver - R15 430; Fuji Speeder Evolution 757 Tour Spec S; 10.5
    3 Wood - AeroBurner TP HL; Matrix White Tie 70x4; 16.5
    Hybrid 1 - Mizuno T-Zoid FLI-HI - 21
    Hybrid 2 - Maltby KE4 Tour HDI Hybrid; 25
    5 iron to PW - Maltby MMB
    Wedge 1 - Maltby Tour Grind MG; 52
    Wedge 2 - Maltby CER; 56
    Wedge 3 - Maltby M-Series; 60
    Putter - Maltby Pure-Track Tour Milled Blade
  • My Golf Guru 4 finally died. It went for 10 years. Screen keeps freezing. I have to say it was a nice unit.
2»