2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Snell MTB Review with Launch Data

[quote name='blswinef' timestamp='1432324548' post='11609960']
Yeah, I can understand that....I seem to have bad luck with the sharpie line stencils for balls, they never let me get a nice even line. I can almost get a better line on the ball free hand. But for me I alwyas have a black line on the ball so the thing on the Vice is a bonus.

But I wanted to see if I read you correctly, the Snell balls don't hold sharpie very well correct?
[/quote]

The ring from a Gatorade bottle works best.

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Auditor_Kevin' timestamp='1432042184' post='11585234']
This review is what pushed me over the edge to order a dozen. I love it when forum members bust out some analytics like this to back up their observations. Testing clubs on big box launch monitors is relatively easy but testing balls is much harder.

Best of luck to Snell and his company. I'm definitely rooting for him and his innovative style. Golf needs a win right now with all the bad news that keeps piling up and a small business like this would make for a great underdog story.
[/quote]
Thank you. Appreciate the support and test reviews and posts like this certainly help spread the word on the balls performance.

[quote name='golfman009' timestamp='1432692390' post='11632858']
Anyone know why the sharpie may come off the ball easily?
[/quote]
thanks for the feedback.. we will take a look at this for sure.. the paint system we use has not changed on golf balls for quite a few years so I will take a look to see what could be causing this..

[quote name='golfman009' timestamp='1432692390' post='11632858']
Anyone know why the sharpie may come off the ball easily?
[/quote]
The paint itself is very glossy. Compared to most other golf balls that seem to be more of a satin...

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Nike Neo

ZStar

[quote name='Fairways_and_Greens' timestamp='1432073138' post='11588984']
4 day free is what I want. I feel like I shoukd be able to order them on Monday morning and have them for the weekend. Once you add 7 bucks for 2 day I'm close to just buying ProV1x's when I need them...

4 day free is what I want. I feel like I shoukd be able to order them on Monday morning and have them for the weekend. Once you add 7 bucks for 2 day I'm close to just buying ProV1x's when I need them...
[/quote]
I am looking into an option to still offer free shipping and 3 day delivery. Might require a min purchase of 3 doz but still into this. Should know by end of week. Thanks.

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1433108316' post='11662240']

[/quote]
I am looking into an option to still offer free shipping and 3 day delivery. Might require a min purchase of 3 doz but still into this. Should know by end of week. Thanks.
[/quote]

any updates?

[quote name='kobe882' timestamp='1433706524' post='11706658']

[/quote]
[/quote]

any updates?
[/quote]

I just played in a two day tournament with this ball. The greens stimped between an 11 and 12 (I'm an aimpoint guy). The Snell MTB is now my gamer. It does everything I ask of it.

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Nike Neo

ZStar

[/quote]
[/quote]

any updates?
[/quote]
Yes. It looks like we will be able to add free 3 day select shipping for 3 or more doz. I am still working on one and two doz pricing. But hope to have this option up on website within the week. Thanks.

Played a round with the Snell this weekend....great ball. But I now realize what the OP is talking about, the logo on the ball does get worn off really quick, the white paint on the ball just doesn't hold.

However, liked the ball better than a Bridgestone B330 I was playing. I think I liked it better than the Vice Pro and Vice Pro Plus as well....my only thing about the Vice is I have never seen a more durable ball, played 27 holes with the same ball and there is 1 minor, the most minor scratch on it.

[b]Driver:[/b] PING G30, 10.5* - Oban Kiyoshi Purple
[b]Hybrid:[/b] PING G25, 20* - Aldila Alpha RIP
[b]Irons:[/b] PING G15 4-pw - KBS Tour
[b]Wedges:[/b] Nike Engage 50* 56* 60* - DG S400 Tour Issue
[b]Putter:[/b] Scotty Cameron Inspired By Davis Love III
[b]Grips:[/b] Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2g, White, +1 wrap
[b]Ball:[/b] Vice - Pro Plus, Snell - My Tour Ball
[url="https://instagram.com/blakeswineford/"][img]http://www.mgmresorts.com/livethemlifecontest/assets/images/icon-instagram.png[/img][/url] [url="https://twitter.com/BlakeSwineford"][img]http://www.michigan.gov/images/e-michigan/TwitterIcon_354893_7.jpg[/img][/url]

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1433809482' post='11714856']

[/quote]
[/quote]

any updates?
[/quote]
Yes. It looks like we will be able to add free 3 day select shipping for 3 or more doz. I am still working on one and two doz pricing. But hope to have this option up on website within the week. Thanks.
[/quote]

That is great to hear. I am still waiting on mine as shipping (actual time in UPS' hands) has been painfully slow. On Snell's side, they were very quick to get them to UPS, but UPS must be using horses to get these packages across the country. I ordered on 6/4, Snell got them to UPS on 6/5 and they won't be here until EOD on 6/13.

3 day shipping will be a huge win. I've honestly bought things in the past from Japan on eBay and had a shorter shipping timeline.

[quote name='kobe882' timestamp='1433819588' post='11716188']
Yep three day will be great i ordered a dozen over a week ago and still havent gotten them
[/quote]
please send an email to [email protected] and tell them I asked you to track their shipment. I will look into if for you.. i do not like the delayed shipping at all. So far we are close to working on final pricing for 3 day select shipping... for sure it will be worth it if multiple dozens are ordered... gets expensive for just one dozen, but we will add that option as well to give you guys a choice. Thanks for the feedback... this shipping stuff is all new to me.. ha. easier to design a golf ball than ship it cross country.... but learning every day and working to make improvements to customers..

[quote name='Snell Golf' timestamp='1433881186' post='11720724']
[quote name='kobe882' timestamp='1433819588' post='11716188']
Yep three day will be great i ordered a dozen over a week ago and still havent gotten them
[/quote]
please send an email to [email protected] and tell them I asked you to track their shipment. I will look into if for you.. i do not like the delayed shipping at all. So far we are close to working on final pricing for 3 day select shipping... for sure it will be worth it if multiple dozens are ordered... gets expensive for just one dozen, but we will add that option as well to give you guys a choice. Thanks for the feedback... this shipping stuff is all new to me.. ha. easier to design a golf ball than ship it cross country.... but learning every day and working to make improvements to customers..
[/quote]

Its not a big deal but thank you. They are supposed to be here tomorrow so thats fine.

I had lots of golf balls to hold me over until these come so im doing alright.

After all the rave reviews i jumped in on the fathers day but 4 get one free deal too so ill have six dozen of them here shortly. Hoping i like them as much as everybody else does. Cant wait for playing partners to look at me and say, "snell?"

The shipping being slow, at least in part has to do with the method (ups surepost), usps makes final delivery...so it gets delivered to the local po by ups, and they make delivery to your home. Some po's are quick to sort surepost packages and get them out, some are not....my po gets them to me quickly after received. This is a scenario, where i don't mind slow shipping, especially if it's saving me money...lets be honest...shipping isn't free, it's built into the price of the item. It's not rocket science to plan ahead and order another dozen (or more) when you are running low on personal stock. If you guys must have quicker delivery, just know that it's going to cost you more in the end, I just hope I'm not forced to pay more for quicker shipping if that's the only option. I'd rather pay less for 3 doz. With surepost shipping vs. Minimum 3 doz. Purchase and 3 day delivery....that's just me though!

P.s. 5 doz. ordered:)

[quote name='ode1' timestamp='1433912009' post='11723630']
The shipping being slow, at least in part has to do with the method (ups surepost), usps makes final delivery...so it gets delivered to the local po by ups, and they make delivery to your home. Some po's are quick to sort surepost packages and get them out, some are not....my po gets them to me quickly after received. This is a scenario, where i don't mind slow shipping, especially if it's saving me money...lets be honest...shipping isn't free, it's built into the price of the item. It's not rocket science to plan ahead and order another dozen (or more) when you are running low on personal stock. If you guys must have quicker delivery, just know that it's going to cost you more in the end, I just hope I'm not forced to pay more for quicker shipping if that's the only option. I'd rather pay less for 3 doz. With surepost shipping vs. Minimum 3 doz. Purchase and 3 day delivery....that's just me though!

[/quote]

Im with u 100%.
I always figure free shipping may take a week, anything faster is icing on the cake.
If its something u need tomorrow u arent ordering it offline anyways. I never order anything online i have to have now.
Just wanted to provide feedback that it was a bit slow because while it doesnt matter to me, some customers will have too high of expectations.

[quote name='kobe882' timestamp='1433912655' post='11723668']
[quote name='ode1' timestamp='1433912009' post='11723630']

[/quote]

Im with u 100%.
I always figure free shipping may take a week, anything faster is icing on the cake.
If its something u need tomorrow u arent ordering it offline anyways. I never order anything online i have to have now.
Just wanted to provide feedback that it was a bit slow because while it doesnt matter to me, some customers will have too high of expectations.
[/quote]
We will not change the free shipping option. But may add faster options for minimal charge if someone does want it.

Y5MVjdr.png

I'm not sure how I missed this earlier, but providing launch monitor data like this with your review is just awesome.

Thank you!

- Lee

Agree... this type of testing takes some time, but does show the true tee to green performance..Goal is to have low driver spin for longer tee shots, BUT have high wedge spin for better short game control..thanks for taking the time to do all the testing and write the review..