Shohei Ohtani - The Babe Ruth of Japanese Baseball

2»

Comments

• frybotfrybot Members Posts: 94 ✭✭
    Pretty good first week, to say the least.

Obviously, opposition will adjust, and the test will be if Ohtani can keep up the pace.

Very exciting for the Angels and for baseball on both sides of the Pacific.

• jgonz69jgonz69 Members Posts: 761 ✭✭
    Saw Ohtani pitch Sunday in Anaheim. He was on fire pitching a no-no for 6 innings until a moron in the crowd mentioned he hadn't given up a hit yet.

His motion is awesome, changes speed pretty well. Want to see a game where he is the DH.
    PING G400 Max Ping Tour 65
    PING G400 3wd 14.5 Ping Tour 75
    PING G400 Hybrid Ping Tour 85
    PING i500 3, 5-U
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 58
    Cameron MilSpec 350g
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,994 mod
    dcmidnight wrote:

Now reported that Ohtani has a UCL sprain in his throwing elbow. It sounds like something that was known about - which is odd that if it was so known about no one reported it until now. So now you're talking about jacking this kids workload up @ 50% - at least - in terms of season length. And he's apparently had a damaged elbow this whole time.

Report said it "probably" wont affect his ability to pitch in 2018 - and it most likely wont necessitate the need for Tommy John surgery. Probably. I think Babe Ruth is safe for now.

Ohtani now out for a month with this UCL sprain and they are talking about the possibility of Tommy John.

**** this kid was so much fun to watch the last couple months. Just asking a lot of a kid to double his games played with an already bad elbow.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Toulon Indy 35" / Chromesoft Truvis
  • RobNY22RobNY22 Members Posts: 408 ✭✭
    Feel bad for the kid, but the reality is that the Angels at some point will need to make a decision on what they want him to be. Tough decision as he looks good on the mound and with the bat in his hands. Hope he get back on the field soon
    PING G25 10.5°
    PING G25 4W/16.5°
    PING G25 3H/20°
    PING i200 4 - UW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 54ºSS, 58ºSS
    PING Karsten TR Anser 5 - Starshot Finish / Odyssey Milled RSX #7