Game Golf PRO

You really went thru hell Gautama.

I finally received refund after a week. I wish GG the best but not sure how they will compete with Arccos with this kind of POS.

I've been using Arccos for 3 years. At first, I couldn't use it with Android because APP was so buggy. But their support is nothing like GG. They constantly improve. I'm on beta testing group and the APP gets updated every 1-2 months.

Arccos shot tracking is very good. I just have to edit putts on 8-12 holes per round. Other shots are recorded correctly.

I'm sending mine back, i just don't have any confidence that it'll all get sorted out. Debating whether to try the Arccos system, I honestly might just keep using the OG Game Golf manually tag system...if i have to keep my phone on and watching/amending shots anyway, I might as well just deal with the inconvenience of trying to remember to tag, and tag only once (which is why i never really used the original one). Not sure that's any harder than checking the app after every shot to see if it recorded really. :huh:

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

I decided to send mine back, as much as I want it to work, I just don't have any confidence that it'll all get sorted out. I'm debating whether to try the Arccos system, or whether i want to try making the OG Game Golf manually tag system work again. If i have to keep my phone on and watching/amending shots anyway, seems like I might as well just deal with the inconvenience of trying to remember to tag and tag only once (which is why i never really used the original one). I'm not sure that's any harder or more disruptive than checking the app after every shot to see if it recorded really. Probably why they went that route in the beginning? :huh:

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

I decided to send mine back, as much as I want it to work, I just don't have any confidence that it'll all get sorted out. I'm debating whether to try the Arccos system, or whether i want to try making the OG Game Golf manually tag system work again. If i have to keep my phone on and watching/amending shots anyway, seems like I might as well just deal with the inconvenience of trying to remember to tag and tag only once (which is why i never really used the original one). I'm not sure that's any harder or more disruptive than checking the app after every shot to see if it recorded really. Probably why they went that route in the beginning? :huh:

Get Arccos.

I haven't updated my experience in a while, but I finally got out a couple times this past week. I played rounds #3 and #4 with the GG Pro, and even though I keep expecting a problem to arise, it really hasn't. 95%+ of my shots are tagged accurately, and I only get phantom tags if I do something to cause it. I did notice that they removed the battery indicators for individual tags in the app, so now it will be impossible to tell when they're starting to go bad. Assuming they aren't going out of business (as many, including myself, have suggested), I hope they plan to fix the bug and turn that feature back on soon. I will say that I do equate my shockingly positive experience to my absolute insistence that I get everything paired and updated before I ever played with it. It seems silly for a product that's touted as "user-friendly" to have a setup process so ridiculous, but I digress. I'm officially outside my 30-day return window, so as long as it works as well as it has for me thus far, I'll be happy.

Jg,

Played 4th round today with device had zero false reads, 3 non registered shots and one lost of gps connection which was on tee box for about 60 seconds

Much improved from last round appears to settling down

That's encouraging. Are you doing anything special to mitigate the false strikes (carrying your clubs grip down, not taking practice swings, etc)? Also, are you keeping the app open through your whole round and checking status after every shot? How's it doing with putts?

Jg,

Played 4th round today with device had zero false reads, 3 non registered shots and one lost of gps connection which was on tee box for about 60 seconds

Much improved from last round appears to settling down

That's encouraging. Are you doing anything special to mitigate the false strikes (carrying your clubs grip down, not taking practice swings, etc)? Also, are you keeping the app open through your whole round and checking status after every shot? How's it doing with putts?

Yes I am keeping the app open during the round as I bed it in but I am not taking any special actions to stop false strikes. Use my usual routine, minus the tag for the old game golf, 2-3 practice swings and the my shot. On puts it has been reasonable I have found it has trouble reading tap in but at the moment I just add a put before confirming putts after the hole

i was told by support that it uses machine learning so should take a few rounds for it to pick up shots properly etc..my second round was better in that it picked up an extra 35 shots instead of missing 30 shots..it did however drain 100% of my phone battery when i wasn't using smart caddie or have my phone unlocked.

Interesting battery drain, my last round I started on 95% and finished on80% as battery drain was a concern for me and I was checking if shots registered after every hole

I would check with support and what other apps running in background as it seams strange

Drained my battery fully as well, and it's a newer Galaxy S9. With such different experiences I just don't know what to make of it. I've decided for $200 or whatever I paid for the pre-order I might as well wait until I can really use it this spring and give it a fair shake. Worse case I sell it on ebay then for $150 or whatever, just feel like there are way too many conflicting reports to know if this thing is going to work or not, might as well hang in there I guess. We're still covered in snow here, so I'll just be reading what you guys post for the next month or two unless I head south again. Keep the updates coming!

Drained my battery fully as well, and it's a newer Galaxy S9. With such different experiences I just don't know what to make of it. I've decided for $200 or whatever I paid for the pre-order I might as well wait until I can really use it this spring and give it a fair shake. Worse case I sell it on ebay then for $150 or whatever, just feel like there are way too many conflicting reports to know if this thing is going to work or not, might as well hang in there I guess. We're still covered in snow here, so I'll just be reading what you guys post for the next month or two unless I head south again. Keep the updates coming!

If they're going out of business, you won't be able to sell it for anything. I'd try to return it. Something doesn't seem right with what I've been reading with regards to customer service. I've seen it before with other companies, Kanoa as one example. I see many of the same things going on with GameGolf.

If they're going out of business, you won't be able to sell it for anything. I'd try to return it. Something doesn't seem right with what I've been reading with regards to customer service. I've seen it before with other companies, Kanoa as one example. I see many of the same things going on with GameGolf.

Not sure how you have come to the conclusion they are going out of business but if so I will get as much out of it as possible till then.

From what I can tell the coms were not great on the release, informing customers of the machine learning phase etc my have helped.

What I can say is it has improved dramatically from one round to the next and now working as well if not better than the old game golf with out the tagging.

I think a slightly more in depth testing of the item and research on the company may allow a more authoritative comment to be made

Not sure how you have come to the conclusion they are going out of business but if so I will get as much out of it as possible till then.

From what I can tell the coms were not great on the release, informing customers of the machine learning phase etc my have helped.

What I can say is it has improved dramatically from one round to the next and now working as well if not better than the old game golf with out the tagging.

I think a slightly more in depth testing of the item and research on the company may allow a more authoritative comment to be made

They’re giving excuses to customers about refunds. They’re giving unreasonable ‘fixes’ to problems. People were waiting weeks for orders to ship. They’re making people go through hoops to replace defective components. Something doesn’t feel right.

I spent much of my life as a product manager or leading groups of them, and my guess they'll get through this, but the PM may not. Between the incorrect initial launch dates, the "not ready for primetime" firmware and app, and lack of communication and reasonable training support it went out with, and the apparently undertrained/understaffed tech support, this is a textbook case of a bad launch plan. But, they have two viable products on the market under the belts already and great name recognition, so if they can make these things work, I think they can recover. What remains to be seen is just that...are the experiences of us early adopters going to continue, or are they learning and quickly correcting so that future customers have a better experience. We know what they want to do is possible as there's already a proof of concept on the market in Arccos. I think they get through this, but wow did they ever botch the launch. Lots of lost sleep on their team I'd imagine.

still waiting for cs to reply with my problems with gg live. hard reset of phone because of app is ridiculous, follow up email this week has gone unanswered I liked the product but customer service it terrible, anyone get a physical address for them?

905t

steelhead xr heavenwood, 9 wood

eye2 becu

hoganardi baby ben currently

always hoing the next best thing

Update:

Picked up shots a little better this week. Still had a bunch of additional shots(again mostly putts and practice swings). It is kind of an issue but I still want to give it a few more rounds if it is actually learning. The main problem isn't that is misses or adds shots. It kinds of screws up the whole point of the device (imo) which is the insights. Because it ends up saying i had a 500mtr drive because the putt is marked as the second shot or similar. so when you go into insights none of the distances for club performance are very accurate unless you want to spend a bunch of time going through each hole and off memory fixing everything up. If it does get better I will likely just remove these first few rounds of the device learning so the insights are fine.

The other issue of it draining 100% of my phone battery didn't occur. There was an update to the android app the night before my game which was for "minor bug fixes" but didn't specify. But seemed to improve. I don't use smart caddie or their handicap thing and it used around 30 percent of my battery which I am OK with. My next game is the 16th so will try put another update then

Update:

Picked up shots a little better this week. Still had a bunch of additional shots(again mostly putts and practice swings). It is kind of an issue but I still want to give it a few more rounds if it is actually learning. The main problem isn't that is misses or adds shots. It kinds of screws up the whole point of the device (imo) which is the insights. Because it ends up saying i had a 500mtr drive because the putt is marked as the second shot or similar. so when you go into insights none of the distances for club performance are very accurate unless you want to spend a bunch of time going through each hole and off memory fixing everything up. If it does get better I will likely just remove these first few rounds of the device learning so the insights are fine.

The other issue of it draining 100% of my phone battery didn't occur. There was an update to the android app the night before my game which was for "minor bug fixes" but didn't specify. But seemed to improve. I don't use smart caddie or their handicap thing and it used around 30 percent of my battery which I am OK with. My next game is the 16th so will try put another update then

Check the firmware version of your tags. I found the latest version release about 3 weeks ago helped. Secondly, and I know it is painful, try and keep the same routine for every shot and the machine learning kicks in and you have less false reads.

I found doing a simple 2 swing practice routine before each shot removed false reads on practice swings after 2 rounds

I think I read that there's meant to be a window of time that has to lapse before it will register another...in other words, if a practice swing gets recorded, there's like 15 seconds or something that no additional swings can be recorded. If so, if wonder if that's what was fixed with the FW update. I noticed it didn't seem to work that way when I played a couple weeks ago, but if correct it would solve all kinds of problems. Seems like they could make it a pretty long window too, like more than a minute, and less or no delay for the putter.

Thanks jg.

I always make sure i have latest firmware aswell as android app prior to play.

My practice swing is the same pretty much and the club doesn't make any contact with the ground. It is mostly putts. I have a feeling that when i walk over to a shot by the green and bring 2 clubs. I think it is registering a shot when i drop one of the clubs after making the decision of what club to use for the shot. I am going to test that next game as well as no practice swings with the putter. If i can get it so that i have to make <5 edits a game I am OK with that.

One thing I have learned with any new tech toys, in the end, firmware / software updates will make a stable product. If you are a early adapter, this part of the pain of being a early adapter. I just takes a little patience. For years new Skycaddie products fell into this category. The Skycaddie SX500 was the first all new Skycaddie that has only had minor issues and been stable from the start.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

I'm in agreement with you on early adopter tech, but Game Golf announced this product over a year ago. Given this much time from announcement to shipping you would hope that they figured most of it out. My experience with the product was poorly conceived set up, very inconsistent results, and a support team that is not responsive. Not what you want in a product. I'm still waiting on a refund for weeks now.

Eric