Penalized for slow play??

Watching the last round of the PGA got me wondering about a hypothetical situation involving lost balls and slow play penalty. Varner was in that super thick rough on the left which led to a lost ball, which got me wondering:

If you’re in the middle of the pack of a tournament and say you or a player is just having a bad day. Bad bounces leading to lost balls (not so much OB), having the player go back and re-tee etc. and after a while those 3 minutes add up and suddenly your 1.5 holes behind the group ahead of you.

How would they go about penalizing a group or someone for playing within the rules of golf as far as lost ball searching goes, and not necessarily for “slow play” which I feel is completely different?

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

If you start losing ground officials (should) start monitoring your pace of play. Playing by rules (OB, penalties, searching,...) is fine even if you fall behind. But then you should move and hit within allocated time (50/40 seconds).

Ping G15 Titleist 950R Titleist 910D2 Titleist TS2
Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Titleist 735cm Titleist AP2
Vokey wedges
Tri-Ball SRT Odyssey Works Versa #1 Tank Scotty Cameron Futura 5W

> @rogolf said:

> Players are expected to make up lost time. They should be given an opportunity (and deadline) to do so before penalties are applied. Imo.

So if a penalty were to be given out, it would be to the player causing the slow play and not necessarily the group? And as far as “making up time” how would the group go about doing this? Speeding up everyone to catch up seems unfair to the remaining players.

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @rogolf said:

> > Players are expected to make up lost time. They should be given an opportunity (and deadline) to do so before penalties are applied. Imo.

>

> So if a penalty were to be given out, it would be to the player causing the slow play and not necessarily the group? And as far as “making up time” how would the group go about doing this? Speeding up everyone to catch up seems unfair to the remaining players.

>

>

There are no grounds to penalize the players of that group if all of them keep within the given time frames per stroke. If they still cannot make up the lost time the referee can only watch and see that they are trying their best. Normally sheer timing is enough, the players tend to speed up their game significantly and the walking pace suddenly improves as well.

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > > @rogolf said:

> > > Players are expected to make up lost time. They should be given an opportunity (and deadline) to do so before penalties are applied. Imo.

> >

> > So if a penalty were to be given out, it would be to the player causing the slow play and not necessarily the group? And as far as “making up time” how would the group go about doing this? Speeding up everyone to catch up seems unfair to the remaining players.

> >

> >

>

> There are no grounds to penalize the players of that group if all of them keep within the given time frames per stroke. If they still cannot make up the lost time the referee can only watch and see that they are trying their best. Normally sheer timing is enough, the players tend to speed up their game significantly and the walking pace suddenly improves as well.

Gotcha. You just always here the phrase “the group was put on the clock”. Granted I’ve never personally seen a slow play penalty given so I was unaware as to how it was actually dealt.

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @rogolf said:

> > Players are expected to make up lost time. They should be given an opportunity (and deadline) to do so before penalties are applied. Imo.

>

> **So if a penalty were to be given out, it would be to the player causing the slow play and not necessarily the group?** And as far as “making up time” how would the group go about doing this? Speeding up everyone to catch up seems unfair to the remaining players.

>

>

It depends on the pace of play policy that has been implemented by the Committee. Several Golf Associations in North America use the "group pace of play" policy where the entire group is subject to penalty, but individual players in that group can still be identified and penalized.

As others have mentioned, playing the game by the Rules (such as searching) are tolerable delays, but the players are still expected to make significant efforts to make up the time lost. (You can play poorly, just do it quickly.)

• Like 1

> @rogolf said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > > @rogolf said:

> > > Players are expected to make up lost time. They should be given an opportunity (and deadline) to do so before penalties are applied. Imo.

> >

> > **So if a penalty were to be given out, it would be to the player causing the slow play and not necessarily the group?** And as far as “making up time” how would the group go about doing this? Speeding up everyone to catch up seems unfair to the remaining players.

> >

> >

>

> It depends on the pace of play policy that has been implemented by the Committee. Several Golf Associations in North America use the "group pace of play" policy where the entire group is subject to penalty, but individual players in that group can still be identified and penalized.

> As others have mentioned, playing the game by the Rules (such as searching) are tolerable delays, but the players are still expected to make significant efforts to make up the time lost. (You can play poorly, just do it quickly.)

And there's the difference between group and individual PoP policies. In the group system the players may be forced to run in order to avoid a penalty but in the individual policy there are no grounds to penalize apart from bad times.

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > @rogolf said:

> > > > Players are expected to make up lost time. They should be given an opportunity (and deadline) to do so before penalties are applied. Imo.

> > >

> > > So if a penalty were to be given out, it would be to the player causing the slow play and not necessarily the group? And as far as “making up time” how would the group go about doing this? Speeding up everyone to catch up seems unfair to the remaining players.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > There are no grounds to penalize the players of that group if all of them keep within the given time frames per stroke. If they still cannot make up the lost time the referee can only watch and see that they are trying their best. Normally sheer timing is enough, the players tend to speed up their game significantly and the walking pace suddenly improves as well.

>

> Gotcha. You just always here the phrase “the group was put on the clock”. Granted I’ve never personally seen a slow play penalty given so I was unaware as to how it was actually dealt.

>

It is quite common that the entire group is timed / put on the clock but pretty soon a referee will notice if there is only one slow player and in such a case he just might concentrate on that person only.

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @rogolf said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > @rogolf said:

> > > > Players are expected to make up lost time. They should be given an opportunity (and deadline) to do so before penalties are applied. Imo.

> > >

> > > **So if a penalty were to be given out, it would be to the player causing the slow play and not necessarily the group?** And as far as “making up time” how would the group go about doing this? Speeding up everyone to catch up seems unfair to the remaining players.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It depends on the pace of play policy that has been implemented by the Committee. Several Golf Associations in North America use the "group pace of play" policy where the entire group is subject to penalty, but individual players in that group can still be identified and penalized.

> > As others have mentioned, playing the game by the Rules (such as searching) are tolerable delays, but the players are still expected to make significant efforts to make up the time lost. (You can play poorly, just do it quickly.)

>

> And there's the difference between group and individual PoP policies. In the group system **the players may be forced to run ** in order to avoid a penalty but in the individual policy there are no grounds to penalize apart from bad times.

Yes, I've seen that in junior events. At least they recognized that pace of play is a high priority.

And that's the weakness of the individual pace of play policy. Players can play as slow as they want so long as they don't have bad times.

> @Shipwreck said:

> Watching the last round of the PGA got me wondering about a hypothetical situation involving lost balls and slow play penalty. Varner was in that super thick rough on the left which led to a lost ball, which got me wondering:

>

> If you’re in the middle of the pack of a tournament and say you or a player is just having a bad day. Bad bounces leading to lost balls (not so much OB), having the player go back and re-tee etc. and after a while those 3 minutes add up and suddenly your 1.5 holes behind the group ahead of you.

>

> How would they go about penalizing a group or someone for playing within the rules of golf as far as lost ball searching goes, and not necessarily for “slow play” which I feel is completely different?

The first step is the entire group would be given a warning and put on the clock. Then an official times every shot. They basically have 40 seconds per shot (with some exceptions). If a timed player exceeds his time limit for a shot, he gets a warning. The second time he exceeds his time he gets a penalty.

Here is a good summary description;

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/02/19/pga-tour-pace-play-policy-basics/

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > @rogolf said:

> > > > > Players are expected to make up lost time. They should be given an opportunity (and deadline) to do so before penalties are applied. Imo.

> > > >

> > > > So if a penalty were to be given out, it would be to the player causing the slow play and not necessarily the group? And as far as “making up time” how would the group go about doing this? Speeding up everyone to catch up seems unfair to the remaining players.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > There are no grounds to penalize the players of that group if all of them keep within the given time frames per stroke. If they still cannot make up the lost time the referee can only watch and see that they are trying their best. Normally sheer timing is enough, the players tend to speed up their game significantly and the walking pace suddenly improves as well.

> >

> > Gotcha. You just always here the phrase “the group was put on the clock”. Granted I’ve never personally seen a slow play penalty given so I was unaware as to how it was actually dealt.

> >

>

> It is quite common that the entire group is timed / put on the clock but pretty soon a referee will notice if there is only one slow player and in such a case he just might concentrate on that person only.

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > @rogolf said:

> > > > > Players are expected to make up lost time. They should be given an opportunity (and deadline) to do so before penalties are applied. Imo.

> > > >

> > > > So if a penalty were to be given out, it would be to the player causing the slow play and not necessarily the group? And as far as “making up time” how would the group go about doing this? Speeding up everyone to catch up seems unfair to the remaining players.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > There are no grounds to penalize the players of that group if all of them keep within the given time frames per stroke. If they still cannot make up the lost time the referee can only watch and see that they are trying their best. Normally sheer timing is enough, the players tend to speed up their game significantly and the walking pace suddenly improves as well.

> >

> > Gotcha. You just always here the phrase “the group was put on the clock”. Granted I’ve never personally seen a slow play penalty given so I was unaware as to how it was actually dealt.

> >

>

> It is quite common that the entire group is timed / put on the clock but pretty soon a referee will notice if there is only one slow player and in such a case he just might concentrate on that person only.

Adding to this comment, in my experience, when it is one very slow player causing the problems, other players in the group will be keen to point that out to the referee. Policing/managing a pace of play policy requires sensible interactions with the players in the interests of everyone involved.

In a local qualifier, me and another guy each had a terrible hole, on the same hole, so we ended up losing the group ahead of us. They have a time par for 9 holes and you’d best be right on the group ahead of you at 9 if you’re going to go over.

We were on the 5th hole and took WAY too long to play it. The 3rd player in our group suggested we start running. Which we did. Ready golf and running. We caught up and were waiting for the fairway to clear on the 9th tee.

If we hadn’t caught up, and our group was penalized, we told the third guy we would have talked to the committee and told them to only penalize us. The 3rd guy was medalist that day in the qualifier and we didn’t want to ruin his chances to advance. I’m glad it didn’t come to it, but it was the fastest I’d ever seen 3 guys on foot play 3 holes. So that was cool.

> @Augster said:

> In a local qualifier, me and another guy each had a terrible hole, on the same hole, so we ended up losing the group ahead of us. They have a time par for 9 holes and you’d best be right on the group ahead of you at 9 if you’re going to go over.

>

> We were on the 5th hole and took WAY too long to play it. The 3rd player in our group suggested we start running. Which we did. Ready golf and running. We caught up and were waiting for the fairway to clear on the 9th tee.

>

> If we hadn’t caught up, and our group was penalized, we told the third guy we would have talked to the committee and told them to only penalize us. The 3rd guy was medalist that day in the qualifier and we didn’t want to ruin his chances to advance. I’m glad it didn’t come to it, but it was the fastest I’d ever seen 3 guys on foot play 3 holes. So that was cool.

What happened to the group behind? They were left in dust?

Ping G15 Titleist 950R Titleist 910D2 Titleist TS2
Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Titleist 735cm Titleist AP2
Vokey wedges
Tri-Ball SRT Odyssey Works Versa #1 Tank Scotty Cameron Futura 5W

> @Augster said:

> In a local qualifier, me and another guy each had a terrible hole, on the same hole, so we ended up losing the group ahead of us. They have a time par for 9 holes and you’d best be right on the group ahead of you at 9 if you’re going to go over.

>

> We were on the 5th hole and took WAY too long to play it. The 3rd player in our group suggested we start running. Which we did. Ready golf and running. We caught up and were waiting for the fairway to clear on the 9th tee.

>

> If we hadn’t caught up, and our group was penalized, we told the third guy we would have talked to the committee and told them to only penalize us. The 3rd guy was medalist that day in the qualifier and we didn’t want to ruin his chances to advance. I’m glad it didn’t come to it, but it was the fastest I’d ever seen 3 guys on foot play 3 holes. So that was cool.

That doesn't sound like golf. Pace of play is not a god to be worshipped at the expense of everything else.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Augster said:

> > In a local qualifier, me and another guy each had a terrible hole, on the same hole, so we ended up losing the group ahead of us. They have a time par for 9 holes and you’d best be right on the group ahead of you at 9 if you’re going to go over.

> >

> > We were on the 5th hole and took WAY too long to play it. The 3rd player in our group suggested we start running. Which we did. Ready golf and running. We caught up and were waiting for the fairway to clear on the 9th tee.

> >

> > If we hadn’t caught up, and our group was penalized, we told the third guy we would have talked to the committee and told them to only penalize us. The 3rd guy was medalist that day in the qualifier and we didn’t want to ruin his chances to advance. I’m glad it didn’t come to it, but it was the fastest I’d ever seen 3 guys on foot play 3 holes. So that was cool.

>

> That doesn't sound like golf. Pace of play is not a god to be worshipped at the expense of everything else.

Wow! You are against just about everything, aren't you?

Sharing a cart with a good referee on one competition day would open your eyes. If ever possible.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Augster said:

> > In a local qualifier, me and another guy each had a terrible hole, on the same hole, so we ended up losing the group ahead of us. They have a time par for 9 holes and you’d best be right on the group ahead of you at 9 if you’re going to go over.

> >

> > We were on the 5th hole and took WAY too long to play it. The 3rd player in our group suggested we start running. Which we did. Ready golf and running. We caught up and were waiting for the fairway to clear on the 9th tee.

> >

> > If we hadn’t caught up, and our group was penalized, we told the third guy we would have talked to the committee and told them to only penalize us. The 3rd guy was medalist that day in the qualifier and we didn’t want to ruin his chances to advance. I’m glad it didn’t come to it, but it was the fastest I’d ever seen 3 guys on foot play 3 holes. So that was cool.

>

> That doesn't sound like golf. **Pace of play is not a god to be worshipped** at the expense of everything else.

It is if you have a penalty waiting for you if you fall out of position.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @QEight said:

> If you start losing ground officials (should) start monitoring your pace of play. Playing by rules (OB, penalties, searching,...) is fine even if you fall behind. But then you should move and hit within allocated time (50/40 seconds).

The amazing thing is...50/40 seconds is really a long time. Getting to your ball, checking yardage (even if you used both GPS and rangefinder) pulling club, couple practice swings, step up, pull the trigger...rarely should it ever take 50/40 seconds.

I have timed lots of players in the tournaments I play in. It is amazing how some players are very efficient with their time and yet others seem to never have a clue yet don't think they are slow.

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @rogolf said:

>

> So if a penalty were to be given out, it would be to the player causing the slow play and not necessarily the group? And as far as “making up time” how would the group go about doing this? Speeding up everyone to catch up seems unfair to the remaining players.

>

>

It does suck but that is how it works unless you can nail it on a player. But way I see it, it's also a bit of "kicking a guy while he's down" if a guy who is already having a bad day also gets pinged with a penalty solely especially if they are trying to move.

In casual play a few years ago, the group behind came up to us on the 5th and told us to pick up the pace. I acknowledged that we had slipped behind (we were about half a hole behind). Conversation:

"Sorry boys. It's just that so far we haven't had someone not be in the trees for the first 4 holes so we've been spending time in the woods"

"Well you guys need to hurry up"

".... we ain't playing sh!t on purpose!"

About 90 mins later, we cross them on a fairway. We'd caught up AND pulled away from them a bit.

"Thanks for picking up the pace"

"We didn't do anything different. We managed to stop putting balls into trees.... I see that you guys have dropped back... what happened?"

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @Augster said:

> > > In a local qualifier, me and another guy each had a terrible hole, on the same hole, so we ended up losing the group ahead of us. They have a time par for 9 holes and you’d best be right on the group ahead of you at 9 if you’re going to go over.

> > >

> > > We were on the 5th hole and took WAY too long to play it. The 3rd player in our group suggested we start running. Which we did. Ready golf and running. We caught up and were waiting for the fairway to clear on the 9th tee.

> > >

> > > If we hadn’t caught up, and our group was penalized, we told the third guy we would have talked to the committee and told them to only penalize us. The 3rd guy was medalist that day in the qualifier and we didn’t want to ruin his chances to advance. I’m glad it didn’t come to it, but it was the fastest I’d ever seen 3 guys on foot play 3 holes. So that was cool.

> >

> > That doesn't sound like golf. Pace of play is not a god to be worshipped at the expense of everything else.

>

> Wow! You are against just about everything, aren't you?

>

> Sharing a cart with a good referee on one competition day would open your eyes. If ever possible.

Wow! You are against just about everything logical and reasonable, aren't you?

Running while playing golf is not golf. If you would just walk, it would open your eyes. If ever possible.

Golf is not a footrace.

> @MountainKing said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @Augster said:

> > > In a local qualifier, me and another guy each had a terrible hole, on the same hole, so we ended up losing the group ahead of us. They have a time par for 9 holes and you’d best be right on the group ahead of you at 9 if you’re going to go over.

> > >

> > > We were on the 5th hole and took WAY too long to play it. The 3rd player in our group suggested we start running. Which we did. Ready golf and running. We caught up and were waiting for the fairway to clear on the 9th tee.

> > >

> > > If we hadn’t caught up, and our group was penalized, we told the third guy we would have talked to the committee and told them to only penalize us. The 3rd guy was medalist that day in the qualifier and we didn’t want to ruin his chances to advance. I’m glad it didn’t come to it, but it was the fastest I’d ever seen 3 guys on foot play 3 holes. So that was cool.

> >

> > That doesn't sound like golf. **Pace of play is not a god to be worshipped** at the expense of everything else.

>

> It is if you have a penalty waiting for you if you fall out of position.

you shouldn't have to run to play golf. there are other ways to speed up play.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > @Augster said:

> > > > In a local qualifier, me and another guy each had a terrible hole, on the same hole, so we ended up losing the group ahead of us. They have a time par for 9 holes and you’d best be right on the group ahead of you at 9 if you’re going to go over.

> > > >

> > > > We were on the 5th hole and took WAY too long to play it. The 3rd player in our group suggested we start running. Which we did. Ready golf and running. We caught up and were waiting for the fairway to clear on the 9th tee.

> > > >

> > > > If we hadn’t caught up, and our group was penalized, we told the third guy we would have talked to the committee and told them to only penalize us. The 3rd guy was medalist that day in the qualifier and we didn’t want to ruin his chances to advance. I’m glad it didn’t come to it, but it was the fastest I’d ever seen 3 guys on foot play 3 holes. So that was cool.

> > >

> > > That doesn't sound like golf. **Pace of play is not a god to be worshipped** at the expense of everything else.

> >

> > It is if you have a penalty waiting for you if you fall out of position.

>

> you shouldn't have to run to play golf. there are other ways to speed up play.

Running is obviously one of the choices available to the players, nobody is forcing it on them. They can also use whatever your "other ways" are?

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @rogolf said:

> > Running is obviously one of the choices available to the players, nobody is forcing it on them. They can also use whatever your "other ways" are?

> If I had to run to keep up with the target pace I wouldn't play. Either the target pace is too fast or there are other pace of play issues.

>

It seems you are missing the point here. We were talking about a situation where a group has fallen behind after having trouble finding their ball(s) and they are not gaining the lost distance by merely shooting quickly.

And we are waiting for to hear your "other ways". As a referee I would love to learn new tools to offer to those groups having fallen behind. Please, do share your knowledge with the rest of us. From the tone of your voice you must have an ample of that...

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> It seems you are missing the point here. We were talking about a situation where a group has fallen behind after having trouble finding their ball(s) and they are not gaining the lost distance by merely shooting quickly.

>

> And we are waiting for to hear your "other ways". As a referee I would love to learn new tools to offer to those groups having fallen behind. Please, do share your knowledge with the rest of us. From the tone of your voice you must have an ample of that...

I'll ignore your caustic comments and answer your question anyway.

In my experience, time is mostly lost when players frequently look for lost balls, are not ready to hit when it's their turn, or waste time chatting on the tee box, or they refuse to play ready golf.

I would never ask anybody to run while playing golf. If golfers can't keep pace by doing all of the normal things that speed up play, then the target pace is too fast.

If the target pace of play doesn't allow for lost balls, then it's the wrong pace. A golfer should never have to run to make up for the three minutes he spent looking for a ball.

BTW, a group falling behind is not the end of the world.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > It seems you are missing the point here. We were talking about a situation where a group has fallen behind after having trouble finding their ball(s) and they are not gaining the lost distance by merely shooting quickly.

> >

> > And we are waiting for to hear your "other ways". As a referee I would love to learn new tools to offer to those groups having fallen behind. Please, do share your knowledge with the rest of us. From the tone of your voice you must have an ample of that...

> I'll ignore your caustic comments and answer your question anyway.

>

> In my experience, time is mostly lost when players frequently look for lost balls, are not ready to hit when it's their turn, or waste time chatting on the tee box, or they refuse to play ready golf.

>

> I would never ask anybody to run while playing golf. If golfers can't keep pace by doing all of the normal things that speed up play, then the target pace is too fast.

>

> If the target pace of play doesn't allow for lost balls, then it's the wrong pace. A golfer should never have to run to make up for the three minutes he spent looking for a ball.

>

> **BTW, a group falling behind is not the end of the world.**

>

Neither is getting penalized for not meeting the pace set by the Committee.

I can’t remember what the posted pace for 9 was that day. mark m probably knows. They just had a qualifier at that course again on Tuesday. I think it’s plenty generous. Like 2 hours with walking 3-somes and all caps on the course are 6.4 or less.

The sequence that put us behind was, you have to carry a small lake. It’s like a 200 yard carry. Then you walk around it. The first guy hits and finds the fairway. I hit and think it’s in play, but to my shock I don’t see it land. The other guy hits and does the same thing. I say I’m hitting a provisional because there is long grass PAST the hazard that isn’t part of the hazard that I thought I might have hit into because I didn’t see it land. Argument about “can’t hit a provisional if the ball may be in the hazard”. Which is absolutely false. And he’s a much better player and should know better. So I hit a provisional that goes into the trees straight right away from the water. The other guy hits his provisional following my lead as his ball looked exactly like my first.

Walk all the way around the lake. And I don’t see my ball or the other guy’s. Ref drives up and says he saw both of our balls rustle the cattails and stay in the hazard. Apparently we were too far left. The good player and I have a discussion with the ref about the validity of hitting a provisional ball and we go back and forth. Eventually the ref sides with me, the good player says we’re both wrong, he’ll talk to the rest of the committee after the round, and storms away.

3rd player finds his ball in the hazard after about 3 minutes of searching. I don’t find mine in 5 minutes. (Lots of cattails etc. no water in that area) He tries to extricate his ball and it goes deep into the mud/muck in front of the ball and never comes out. Dropping in the hazard really isn’t an option as you aren’t going to get a good lie. So he and I hoof it back around the lake and both of us retee. He hits the fairway, I, of course, play safe and push it into the same trees my provisional had gone into.

The ref saw right where it was, I punched to the fairway and we played the rest of the hole while 2 groups were on the tee and the 3rd group was walking from the green to the tee.

So it was time to run.

I’m sure the groups behind us didn’t hit their time par, but they were granted extra minutes because of the backup.

k8flie4bay4k.jpeg