Monthly Motivation: February!

@Myherobobhope Thanks for this! I am going to hate myself when I reflect on it, but probably for the better.

1) January was a tough pill to handle, 79 on day with 5 birdies and a 9 on a par5 with 2 OB'. Then the next week 98, with 7 lost balls, 3 swings, 3 balls in the water on 18, took an 11.
2) With the above I think I finally realized what the heck went wrong? YouTube Recommended feed LOL..... you watch one golf instruction video and there are 3,456,981 more..... Gotta stop
3) February goal, Pick 1 single swing thought thats it... and turn off the YouTube Recommend feed, or start watching netflix with the kids or something LOL
4) Trying to review the stats properly of the 79 never shot 5 birdies in one round and the back 9 second time in my life to ever shoot under par on a single 9. Something had to have gone right need to figure it out and apply it rather than applying new things.

Have fun on your trip regardless if you are prepared or not, you paid for it enjoy it!!

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Im not paying ?. My wife is bringing me to schmooze her clients in the course... her firm is buying.

5 birdies is impressive. You were doing something right! For me, one of my main on course focuses this year is positioning myself to make par. Birdie is a nice bonus, bogey is a sad miss and anything worse my plan went off the rails somewhere and I need to address it.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

OH HECK!!! There is no need to be prepared you aint paying HAAHAH! You can Shoot 200 if you wanted and its still worth it!

Yups 5 birdies I have NEVER done, let alone 4 on one side. I have to admit it was NOT one of those "clicking" days either when things were going well, But I managed it VERY well and putted out of my mind.

The biggest thing is stick to what you can do, but dont beat yourself when you dont execute. Going from a 79 to 98 from back to back rounds was no fun... but I chalked it up as one of those days. I am human and dont get paid to play I pay, so might as well get as many swings in as I can when its going bad LOL.

GL on your trip and SCHMOOZE away...... have scotch for me if you can HAH!

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Had our Wednesday indoor league yesterday and I shot even par. Still lots to work on indoors and I made 2 bogeys from 100 yards out. Driver is too high and swing speed was down to 111-112 today so I need to hit the gym this week.

On a positive note, I had a friend take a quick video of a PW on a par 3 and it ended up 5 feet for birdie.

My goals have shifted some for this month. My last few rounds have been better since my full swing is starting to be better more often. Still a long way to go with it but short game is rearing it's head as the area I am losing strokes in. I'm getting the ball near the hole in regulation but I leave myself too many long putts when I mess up a chip and my putting is sliding south on me too.

Yeah, I've found it important to balance practicing everything... very easy to get fixated on one part of the game and let the others slip... I've decided I need to dedicate time to distance control with my putter and my wedges... I'm awful with both.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

Performed the skills assessments, did some tech work on my swing. Holed a lot of putts on the mat.

Didnt do the fitness work, although I ran for 30 min every day. Also didn't do the on course short game work.

Played on the weekend and hit it pretty well other than 3-4 wild shots. Putting let me down a bit so I really need to get to the course during the week!

Ultimately my goal is to get back to a 6-7 handicap this year. Unfortunately in a quest to alter my swing by taking some lessons at place known for their TEChnology, I developed the worst case of under-plane, inside out, flip and just all around badness. Each time I told the instructor I feel like this is not working he was telling me I just wasn't far enough for the inside yet. My handicap blew up from 6.7 to 11.3 and couldn't break 90. The worst golf season of my life. Couldn't keep tee shots in play and honestly never knew if I should aim right or left because of the 2-way miss. It was really bad. Fortunately with a couple video lessons with a very reputable online coach and I am getting some better direction and feeling like we are on the same page.

Daily goal: work the drills with nothing more than 1/2 swings right now for 30 minutes each day. Putting or chipping 30 minutes. Fortunately the wife let me turn our basement into the golf room with a hitting net and large putting mat.

Playing goal: 5 rounds per month once the weather turns. Stick to a single pre-shot routine. Identify the trouble spot, determine the shape of the shot, practice swing, identify start line, line and go. After the shot either celebrate a good shot or critique the miss but I only get 10 steps to do either. After that, either get back to chatting with the boys,

Fitness: I've made a commitment of strength training at least on Tuesdays and Thursday and throw in a weekend day if I want to or have the time. Figure this way if I can't get to it on the weekend or just don't feel like it its ok. Im more likely to abandon a program when I miss a single day so starting the habit is better than going full bore right from the start. The reason for only two days of strength training is because I realized how inflexible I had become over the last several years. I started doing a mens yoga program (Man Flow Yoga) twice a week and its crazy how much better I feel each day. The other day at the range I felt so much more loose and free to swing, it was crazy. This will actually be the easy part to stick to I think because how much it makes a more immediate impact.

Nothing worse than spending time and money on something that makes your game worse! Sounds like every purchase I've made on eBay! Good luck with the new swing.

I was just demoing drivers and my new goal is to make more money so I can afford this stupid game.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

• 2 weeks later...

How's everyone doing this month? Weather in the southeast has not been good the last week or so.

I did manage to get some range time in last Sunday though. My short game was horrible when I tried to chip during my last round the day before. My focus was on some of the drill's in Monte's Using the Bounce video, namely the one handed chipping. It went very well. I had hoped to get out again this week but no dice with all the rain.

Illinois has a break in the weather this weekend. Can't wait to play!

Srixon Z 785 9.5 Atmos Tour Spec Black 60X
Srixon Z F85 15 Atmos Tour Spec Black 60X
Srixon Z U85 18 Steelfiber i110 S
Srixon Z FORGED 3-9 Steelfiber i110 S
Cleveland RTX4 46 Steelfiber i110 S
Cleveland RTX4 Forged 50 Steelfiber i125 S
Cleveland RTX4 58 Steelfiber i125 S
Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 11S

Bettinardi QB6 DASS High Polish
Srixon ZStar XV Yellow

Los Angeles has been beautiful and warming up to normal.

Life’s been crazy but I’m thankfully able to work my own hours now. I will no longer practice on the range but play 9 or 18 every chance I get when Im finished with business for the day. Thankfully there’s not a lot of down time, but every now and then a quick 9 slot appears.

Till now, I was mostly focused on my swing(range rat) and not really score(I would say score, but at the range 4 times a week and playing 3 times a month).

I’m done with the swing grind for now and will practice scoring moving forward. im happy with my distance and swing so will adjust everything to field play.

below is my swing I’m going in with.. let’s go!!

Crunch time before Thursday... 2 rounds in Kiawah on my wife's company dime. Hoping to not embarrass myself! My gym is finally re-opened and the weather is getting better... my CMB rebuild should be done this week as well... so I am hopefully done tinkering with equipment for a little while.

Next Three days: Practice, Lift and Stretch... Need to shake off the winter rust for sure. Wish we weren't on mats, but I'll work with what I have. Just trying to get my swing sound enough to not embarrass myself on the trip.

Mid Term Goals: I think I've finally made some headway with my putting stroke.... my golf coach mentioned using my right arm as a piston, and it seems to have improved my speed control. We shall see if it translates. 100 yards and in is where I need to improve to score, starting with putting. I really need to get a mat down in the basement, but I can probably get away with carpet for right now. Just need to spend productive time down there while my daughter watches TV.

March Goals: Get some rounds in under my build and work on my mental game. Main focuses are playing for par (avoiding high risk shots and trying to make hero recoveries) and improving my mental focus when I'm hitting the ball (envision the shot I want to hit, hit it, move on).

I've always been a tinkerer with golf clubs, but I think other than new wedges and maybe new hybrids, I'm set for the season. Let's hope. I don't have the time or money to dick around with clubs... Wedge fitting is in April, so I will probably pull the trigger on that... Hybrids are always up in the air, but I want to have more confidence in 200+ yard shots.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

Yeah, it’s been a long winter for me... ready to actual put some time in on the golf course!

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58