Is the Noodle + Long and Soft any good?

sixiron150

[quote name='atlanta golfer' timestamp='1320798609' post='3776845']
I have no stock in this company, but I have to question the post a few postings above that basically claims defective golf balls. That is something I have never seen before, in any brand. Perhaps a defective swing, but likely not a defective ball .... at any rate, the best part about playing them is on the first tee when everyone states what ball they are playing ... 'prov1, prov1, prov1, "I play a premium ball, the noodle+". That always gets either a laugh or a stare, depending on how well people know my sense of humor.
[/quote]
If you are referencing my post or not I will respond. I have been playing over 25 years and carry 3 hdcp. It's not my swing...since I know what I can and cannot do. I work the ball both ways and I stick by my post....not worth 12 dollar experiment IMO. SS 110 on trackman golf coach pga and TPI certified. Thanks....not really.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ball actually was "suggested" for me on Golfballselector.com. Yeah, it's inexpensive....and turned-out to be a great buy.

Like others have said, this ball has low compression for a soft feel. I could get it to bite but only with aggressive swings with wedges. Irons would stay on the green.

As for length, you can't convince me that a 270 yard drive with these would be a longer drive with a "premium ball".

When the budget increases, I'll go back to the Cally/Titleist/TM brands, but for now inexpensive golf is better than no golf!!

Anyone know if they discontinued the noodle easy distance ? I've only seen the new 2012 noodle long and soft on the shelves. Other than the clearance rack having the 2011 versions.

The easy distance always got high marks for having the highest wedge spin for the under $20 balls.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

• 7 years later...

I Believe that the Noodle Balls in particular long and soft and plain "soft" are both made by TaylorMade... I just started playing again after 21 years... and so here we go trying to figure what balls to get. So i carried a few PROV1's a few Callaway's, and odd ball Srixon or two a few leftover Titleist DT Tours from my old set and at my home course bought a handful of Noodle long and soft, and tried a "soft" ... now i am certainly not a 4 handicap like my son in Georgia but i have always been decently in the low 80's in the past. So in my head i am thinking play the PROV1's. Well? psychologically fell apart when i lost the 3 ProV1's my first round in 21 years... so i deside i don't want to sacrifice the Callaways until i know i am getting back on my game ( i have yet to buy any new balls at this point from a retailer or pro shop )...SO i grab a "Noodle Long and Soft" all of a sudden i nail a 270 yard drive slightly faded with my TM Burner Driver, still experimenting ( i know i shouldn't do this as it can mes you up ) i pull out my Callaway XR driver not quite as long as the burner but still a good shot with a slight fade and maybe a 245 yard shot off the tee. Of course at this time i am deciding after retiring my 1997 clubs do i want to play Callaway or TaylorMade... it's really a toss up but distance distance wise TM gets the Nod for me. OK so this weekend i try a Noodle "Soft" WOW! straightest drive i ever tagged that went a total of 275 and at Age 59 with some neck and back issues already! the feel near the green with the SOFT felt great. Of course i was also trying out a brand new set never played " Warrior Custom Golf" DPS Groove Graphite shaft Irons. I picked up cheap and i mean cheap for 50.00 cash off of facebook market place. 4-PW. Not the TM M4's i really want but hold me till i can fork out 699.95 on clearance. So all that being said from a resurgent Golfer, i am really liking these Noodles! when you can get the softs for 11.94 dozen at Wally World or the 24ct. box of Long and soft for 21.94 at Wally World! It's a no brainer for me...guess who will be stocking up on Noodles! I loved that SOFT for i tend to hit it straighter...and the Long and Soft as well... are they Pro level PROV1's, Callaway Hex Chrome, or TaylorMade TP5 or TP5x? of course not, but who has 40 bucks a dozen to pay when you are just getting back in the game? When i am back to a single digit Handicap again then i can justify the high priced "Tour Balls" heck my 4 handicap son has been playing Slazengers or Wilsons...but he said he likes the Noodles for what they are a "discount TaylorMade Ball" that is actually playable for most players.

> @kevin6string said:

> I Believe that the Noodle Balls in particular long and soft and plain "soft" are both made by TaylorMade... I just started playing again after 21 years... and so here we go trying to figure what balls to get. So i carried a few PROV1's a few Callaway's, and odd ball Srixon or two a few leftover Titleist DT Tours from my old set and at my home course bought a handful of Noodle long and soft, and tried a "soft" ... now i am certainly not a 4 handicap like my son in Georgia but i have always been decently in the low 80's in the past. So in my head i am thinking play the PROV1's. Well? psychologically fell apart when i lost the 3 ProV1's my first round in 21 years... so i deside i don't want to sacrifice the Callaways until i know i am getting back on my game ( i have yet to buy any new balls at this point from a retailer or pro shop )...SO i grab a "Noodle Long and Soft" all of a sudden i nail a 270 yard drive slightly faded with my TM Burner Driver, still experimenting ( i know i shouldn't do this as it can mes you up ) i pull out my Callaway XR driver not quite as long as the burner but still a good shot with a slight fade and maybe a 245 yard shot off the tee. Of course at this time i am deciding after retiring my 1997 clubs do i want to play Callaway or TaylorMade... it's really a toss up but distance distance wise TM gets the Nod for me. OK so this weekend i try a Noodle "Soft" WOW! straightest drive i ever tagged that went a total of 275 and at Age 59 with some neck and back issues already! the feel near the green with the SOFT felt great. Of course i was also trying out a brand new set never played " Warrior Custom Golf" DPS Groove Graphite shaft Irons. I picked up cheap and i mean cheap for 50.00 cash off of facebook market place. 4-PW. Not the TM M4's i really want but hold me till i can fork out 699.95 on clearance. So all that being said from a resurgent Golfer, i am really liking these Noodles! when you can get the softs for 11.94 dozen at Wally World or the 24ct. box of Long and soft for 21.94 at Wally World! It's a no brainer for me...guess who will be stocking up on Noodles! I loved that SOFT for i tend to hit it straighter...and the Long and Soft as well... are they Pro level PROV1's, Callaway Hex Chrome, or TaylorMade TP5 or TP5x? of course not, but who has 40 bucks a dozen to pay when you are just getting back in the game? When i am back to a single digit Handicap again then i can justify the high priced "Tour Balls" heck my 4 handicap son has been playing Slazengers or Wilsons...but he said he likes the Noodles for what they are a "discount TaylorMade Ball" that is actually playable for most players.

It's always been a solid ball for the money. If you are not worried about a stop and grab on the greens, then why not? Also, they make a matte colored noodle too in green and red.

• 6 months later...

liking the noodles a lot but also going to try both the Taylormade RBZ and Distance+ ... many moons ago i played ROCK FLIGHTS...and no wonder i putted horribly costing my game... after reading about balls more and some experimenting...i am learning i actually hit a softer ball farther which does make sense to me since the compress more giving more bounce off the club face ( for lack of a better term and not so scientific explanation)

DTXCMK1ZHOYZ.jpg

There's a lot of hate for Noodle balls over in some subreddits...something about how the ball "makes it so easy that it's like cheating," or some equally inane BS. I don't mind all that though, I've been rocking Noodles since the first-gen ball made by Maxfli. I find the matte green to be a superior color (in the Neon series), having done head-to-head tests with the matte yellow and matte red.

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Kirkland Sig Wedges

Odyssey White Hot Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

KSig balls for now - in search of something new

• 1 month later...

If I'm playing surlyn balls I'd buy the super soft Callaway's from Costco. For me I dont play enough golf to go through my supply of Prov, Chrome Softs, TP5, and Bridgestone tour balls. I have 2 guys that live on some nice courses and give me a couple hundred balls every few months. I sort them and hit the surlyn ones on the range to add 30 balls to my range bucket.