The Wager...

Pigems

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1418783529' post='10604245']
[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1418783134' post='10604169']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1418782848' post='10604121']
[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1418782392' post='10604041']
Those putts look good to me, Pigs. How long are those putts?
Every one looks like it could have gone in a real hole. :)

In that 2nd dtl video it looks lie you hooked it in the hole on the 3rd
putt! Maybe your subconcious mind thought you were going to push
that putt and caused you to put a little hook spin on it.

Either that or you know that putt so well you played for a little
"break" in the carpet. :D
[/quote]

Haha I know the carpet in that hall pretty well at this point. Down the center is fairly straight but as you get towards the walls it starts to slope back towards center as the underpad is warn flatter in the center were it gets walked on more. It's almost like "Bumper" Bowling lol

Putts were aprox 8'-10' depending on which video
[/quote]

Remind me to never have a putting contest with you in your hallway.
[/quote]

Not a bad plan, Before my wife fell asleep and I had to close that door at the end(Our Room) of the hall I had gotten up to 7 in a row in the 24'-26' range at one point :)
[/quote]

Unless we get to break out the bourbon in your kitchen first ; ) I get to pour the glasses.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1418782423' post='10604043']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1418781460' post='10603909']
[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1418781137' post='10603881']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1418741350' post='10600449']
I wonder if I can just add a little weight to the Opti head to soften up the PXv shaft a touch and bring up launch angle that way??
[/quote]

PIgs,

purchasing and swapping shafts in a trial and error method can be an expensive (not to mention frustrating) experience. I was up to 8 adapters and 8 different shafts before I contacted Kadin. I tried different weights (including ultralights), different kick points, different flexes, different tip stiffness, different brands. I was able to determine a few likes/dislikes but always wondered if I made the correct choice. In the end I think the wise choice is to visit a qualified fitter.

If the previous suggestion is not a viable option, why not add some lead tape to the head and see what results you experience? I know that you like to tinker.
[/quote]

Can one get just a "shaft" fitting for a head they already have though?? It would bolt onto any big Bertha shafts they had there lol
[/quote]

I can't answer that question Pigs, but a phone call to a fitter should provide some insight. If anything you may be able to tap in to some expertise. Always remember that knowledge comes at a cost, but ultimately you should save money in the long run.

Other option . . .

Start a thread entitled: [i]Best High Launch Shaft[/i] and field suggestions from the 'peanut gallery' : )
[/quote]

That was probably my next step before attempting to "Guess" my way into a shaft. Although I did almost order a couple shafts from GT Online the other night lol. If I remember correctly it was an Aldila DVS 60 on for $38 and a PRO Launch Blue for $28 maybe? Both there info said they were mid-high launch shafts so I was thinking it could be a good place to start for cheap. But i couldn't get both the shafts with shipping with just the gift card and I couldn't decide which one so I got neither lol.

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1418784842' post='10604481']
I wonder if I can just add a little weight to the Opti head to soften up the PXv shaft a touch and bring up launch angle that way??
[/quote]

PIgs,

purchasing and swapping shafts in a trial and error method can be an expensive (not to mention frustrating) experience. I was up to 8 adapters and 8 different shafts before I contacted Kadin. I tried different weights (including ultralights), different kick points, different flexes, different tip stiffness, different brands. I was able to determine a few likes/dislikes but always wondered if I made the correct choice. In the end I think the wise choice is to visit a qualified fitter.

If the previous suggestion is not a viable option, why not add some lead tape to the head and see what results you experience? I know that you like to tinker.
[/quote]

Can one get just a "shaft" fitting for a head they already have though?? It would bolt onto any big Bertha shafts they had there lol
[/quote]

I can't answer that question Pigs, but a phone call to a fitter should provide some insight. If anything you may be able to tap in to some expertise. Always remember that knowledge comes at a cost, but ultimately you should save money in the long run.

Other option . . .

Start a thread entitled: [i]Best High Launch Shaft[/i] and field suggestions from the 'peanut gallery' : )
[/quote]

That was probably my next step before attempting to "Guess" my way into a shaft. Although I did almost order a couple shafts from GT Online the other night lol. If I remember correctly it was an Aldila DVS 60 on for $38 and a PRO Launch Blue for $28 maybe? Both there info said they were mid-high launch shafts so I was thinking it could be a good place to start for cheap. But i couldn't get both the shafts with shipping with just the gift card and I couldn't decide which one so I got neither lol.
[/quote]

I've hit them both Pigs. Each will produce the ball flight you are looking for. Feel is subjective.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

My little peanut is performing in his first Christmas concert tomorrow afternoon. His Daddy is incredibly excited. He's told me that this is pretty serious stuff. I can't sink, dance or tap my feet. No silly moments. His honest instructions. His teacher's forbidden silliness. Darn teachers and their rules.

In the spirit of political correctness they are singing the rousing holiday song: "I am a pizza". I kid you not.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1418784842' post='10604481']
[/quote]

PIgs,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Other option . . .

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pigs, I use the Prolaunch Blue in my driver and woods. I LOVE
that shaft. Launches high and straight for me. I use S flex and I
am old with a driver ss of about 95. If you go with that shaft you
should probably go X flex. I think you'll like that shaft.

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1418785214' post='10604543']
My little peanut is performing in his first Christmas concert tomorrow afternoon. His Daddy is incredibly excited. He's told me that this is pretty serious stuff. I can't sink, dance or tap my feet. No silly moments. His honest instructions. His teacher's forbidden silliness. Darn teachers and their rules.

In the spirit of political correctness they are singing the rousing holiday song: "I am a pizza". I kid you not.
[/quote]

Dude, I am Soooooooo happy that the Piglet is in Gr. 7 this year and I don't ever have to sit through another Christmas concert ever again!! They were great when he was younger, but the last couple were just brutal lol. Enjoy it while their young and cute still :D

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1418785595' post='10604605']

[/quote]

Dude, I am Soooooooo happy that the Piglet is in Gr. 7 this year and I don't ever have to sit through another Christmas concert ever again!! They were great when he was younger, but the last couple were just brutal lol. Enjoy it while their young and cute still :D
[/quote]

I'm genuinely excited. All of the grandparents are coming back for a PeanutsParty afterward. We are ordering . . . PIZZA!!!

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1418785290' post='10604559']

[/quote]

Wicked, thanks Rad. So it plays a little softer then flex does it?? I wonder if an S tipped a bit would do it, I'd hate to defeat the purpose of the HL shaft by going to stiff lol.

PD, you've played the PX Black as well haven't you sir?? I really like the feel of that shaft, how would you compare the feel of the DVS and Pro Launch to the PX Black??

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1418785803' post='10604635']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm genuinely excited. All of the grandparents are coming back for a PeanutsParty afterward. We are ordering . . . PIZZA!!!
[/quote]

The first ones are awesome, their so excited to go and cute and stuff. Take LOTS of pics and videos. You'll want them in 10 years :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1418785992' post='10604649']
[/quote]

Wicked, thanks Rad. So it plays a little softer then flex does it?? I wonder if an S tipped a bit would do it, I'd hate to defeat the purpose of the HL shaft by going to stiff lol.

PD, you've played the PX Black as well haven't you sir?? I really like the feel of that shaft, how would you compare the feel of the DVS and Pro Launch to the PX Black??
[/quote]

The PX was too stout for my swing speed. I thought I'd be okay with a 5.5, but the shaft produced low bullets. I too found the Prolaunch played soft to flex, but it produced the higher ball-flight I was looking for at the time.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1418786102' post='10604661']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The first ones are awesome, their so excited to go and cute and stuff. Take LOTS of pics and videos. You'll want them in 10 years :)
[/quote]

My wife's the videographer of the family. I'm certain she has big plans for the footage.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[/quote]

[/quote]

Prolaunch Blue is tip soft. Don't tip it or you'll lower the launch. If you
don't want to go X you could go a little heavier. I play the 65S. There's
also a 75S.

Those shafts are so cheap now you can hardly go wrong. I paid $39
for mine and you said you can get 'em for $28. Great deal.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fantastic! Charge up the phone and video camera! Enjoy and be proud!! These special moments won't be preserved in your memory as well after a few years. Pizza for everyone!! Have fun!!

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1418792273' post='10605231']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Prolaunch Blue is tip soft. Don't tip it or you'll lower the launch. If you
don't want to go X you could go a little heavier. I play the 65S. There's
also a 75S.

Those shafts are so cheap now you can hardly go wrong. I paid $39
for mine and you said you can get 'em for $28. Great deal.
[/quote]

Ok so X flex it is then, for $47( i was wrong about the $28) I'm almost willing to try it both ways lol. Shafts seems quite cheap at GT right now.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Golf64' timestamp='1418820354' post='10606001']
Sounds like PD wants alignment sticks for Christmas to work on his set-up/alignment?!
[/quote]

I own them, but don't use them often enough

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

You guys just harkened up a story I have to share. Why I am admitting this publically is anyone's guess. I suppose I get as much if not more laughs from my own stupidity than anyone else's.

I've mentioned getting fitted for a driver a few years ago. What I didn't share was WHY after being so "clingy" to my clubs and rarely changing things I would do that. (You'll love this one),

Whilst warming up at the range before a round I laid the driver down as an alignment rod. Get this.... with the head of the driver pointed downrange versus the handle.

....you can figure out the rest.... LOL.

The damage was epic. Cracked the head, Where the shaft meets to hosel... big split there. Both the shaft AND the head were totaled. Yup. I did that. That would be yours truly. Destroyed that thing! Its pretty bad when the only thing left undamaged is the grip! LOL.

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1418845871' post='10608119']
You guys just harkened up a story I have to share. Why I am admitting this publically is anyone's guess. I suppose I get as much if not more laughs from my own stupidity than anyone else's.

I've mentioned getting fitted for a driver a few years ago. What I didn't share was WHY after being so "clingy" to my clubs and rarely changing things I would do that. (You'll love this one),

Whilst warming up at the range before a round I laid the driver down as an alignment rod. Get this.... with the head of the driver pointed downrange versus the handle.

....you can figure out the rest.... LOL.

The damage was epic. Cracked the head, Where the shaft meets to hosel... big split there. Both the shaft AND the head were totaled. Yup. I did that. That would be yours truly. Destroyed that thing! Its pretty bad when the only thing left undamaged is the grip! LOL.
[/quote]

What happened?? Did you shank a ball into it or hit it with a club?? I can't speak for everyone but I know I've done my fair share of dumb ****. Like breaking my hand on a wall, taking a trip down a a stair well when the stairs haven't been built yet, , shooting a 3.5" spike through my finger with an air nailer, trying to snap a piece of plexiglass over my knee with bare hands/arms and I could go on lol but I'm sure you get the picture. Don't feel too badly sir, we've all done it :D

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

LOL - I used to build residential homes (many moons ago). This is why I sometimes speak to you in terms of flying trusses and pouring foundations. Right with you on taking on unfinished flights of stairs and such. We both no doubt have tons of war stories. I don't think you've lived until your ladder gets taken when your on the roof and everyone has left for the day. Then there was the time I sat talking on the phone and sitting on the edge of a tub that had been freshly coated with that blue protective film. Sat there for about 30 minutes on the phone and literally glued my butt to the to tub - LOL. There was a moment there when I was choosing between cutting the arse out my pants with a knife or leaving my pants there and running around half naked. LOL.

The driver - I knew I was taking a risk but was feeling particularly cocky that day. My 6 iron somehow someway found the head of the driver which was on the ground with the toe side toward me versus being laid with the heel side toward me. Plan A would be to never use the driver as an alignment rod and plan B would be to at least turn it with the toe side away. I went straight to plan C which was to shatter a perfectly good driver. It cracked from the base of the shaft through the hosel and into the top of the head. Had I run over it in the parking lot I couldn't have done more damage. But hey.... I nailed that 6 iron shot. lol. She was a beaut!

The guy at the range next to me stood there staring at me with his mouth open. (I was just glad he wasn't there for the bathtub incident). LOL.

The Christmas concert was a rousing success. My little peanut was so adorable. He had the songs and actions memorized, followed his teacher's instructions, and introduced me to his JK friends. I hope that this is but the first in many school firsts. #proudpapa

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Reasy, I would left the pants there glued to the tub lol, what a great story haha. We once had a building inspector show up while 4 of us, the business owner included where having target practice with 2 air spikers And a few pop cans we set on a rock out front of the house we were building lol. 2 on the roof and 2 shooting out the front Window and that's when the building inspector decided to show up lol.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I'm making a confession . . .

I fear that when this wager ends in April the 'flood gates' will open. I'm not feeling the urge to purchase any clubs at this exact moment, but I've been trolling the putter forum and am smitten with so many designs.

I was warned by a well-respected member that I was traveling down a slippery slope when I purchased my custom Machine. I was not concerned. I'm a committed man.

But I've been thinking that it would be cool to own a putter from a few of my favourite designers. Xenon, Low Tide, Byron Morgan, Mannkrafted, oh my. I even have a shape that I like from each designer.

To be clear, I love my Machine and this has nothing to do with improving my scores. There are just too many beauties out there and the recent deluge of custom putter images is killing me.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1418865500' post='10609649']
I'm making a confession . . .

I fear that when this wager ends in April the 'flood gates' will open. I'm not feeling the urge to purchase any clubs at this exact moment, but I've been trolling the putter forum and am smitten with so many designs.

I was warned by a well-respected member that I was traveling down a slippery slope when I purchased my custom Machine. I was not concerned. I'm a committed man.

But I've been thinking that it would be cool to own a putter from a few of my favourite designers. Xenon, Low Tide, Byron Morgan, Mannkrafted, oh my. I even have a shape that I like from each designer.

To be clear, I love my Machine and this has nothing to do with improving my scores. There are just too many beauties out there and the recent deluge of custom putter images is killing me.
[/quote]

Your gonna need a Large Gun safe bolted to a concrete pad in your basement to house those things :D

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2