The Wager...

Pigems

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1418866929' post='10609771']
[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1418865500' post='10609649']
I'm making a confession . . .

I fear that when this wager ends in April the 'flood gates' will open. I'm not feeling the urge to purchase any clubs at this exact moment, but I've been trolling the putter forum and am smitten with so many designs.

I was warned by a well-respected member that I was traveling down a slippery slope when I purchased my custom Machine. I was not concerned. I'm a committed man.

But I've been thinking that it would be cool to own a putter from a few of my favourite designers. Xenon, Low Tide, Byron Morgan, Mannkrafted, oh my. I even have a shape that I like from each designer.

To be clear, I love my Machine and this has nothing to do with improving my scores. There are just too many beauties out there and the recent deluge of custom putter images is killing me.
[/quote]

Your gonna need a Large Gun safe bolted to a concrete pad in your basement to house those things :D
[/quote]

I'd need a locked gun safe to keep the weapons away from my wife Pigs. She's noticed me looking at pictures and she's been giving me her 'angry eyes'.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if I entered a 'Wager' ever six months and at the conclusion of the time period I treated myself to a 'bucket list' putter? Sound logic or lunacy?

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1418867103' post='10609789']
What if I entered a 'Wager' ever six months and at the conclusion of the time period I treated myself to a 'bucket list' putter? Sound logic or lunacy?
[/quote]

Sounds like a plan, but you can count me out on the next one. I'm more of a every second "Wager" kind of guy ;)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I fear that when this wager ends in April the 'flood gates' will open. I'm not feeling the urge to purchase any clubs at this exact moment, but I've been trolling the putter forum and am smitten with so many designs.

I was warned by a well-respected member that I was traveling down a slippery slope when I purchased my custom Machine. I was not concerned. I'm a committed man.

But I've been thinking that it would be cool to own a putter from a few of my favourite designers. Xenon, Low Tide, Byron Morgan, Mannkrafted, oh my. I even have a shape that I like from each designer.

To be clear, I love my Machine and this has nothing to do with improving my scores. There are just too many beauties out there and the recent deluge of custom putter images is killing me.
[/quote]

PD, a friend of mine, about 7 years ago bought a custom Bettinardi
from a WRX member before I even joined WRX. He paid $600 for it
and the member told him he was selling at a loss since he paid $1600
for it; but needed to reduce his putter hoarding.

This member happened to be a friend of Bettinardi and Bettinardi made
this guy putters of all shapes and sizes with markings and stampings
that comemorated just about every occasion in this guys life. He had
over 900 Bettinardi putters and had the pics to prove it, lol.

No idea what he paid for them all but just taking $1600 X 900 you get
over $1.4 million. I'm sure it was less than that? Maybe??

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1418867680' post='10609851']

[/quote]

over $[b]1.4 million[/b]. I'm sure it was less than that? Maybe??
[/quote]

:swoon: 1.4m putters?? What the :censored2: !! That's just some :censored2: ing insane :censored2: right there bro.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[/quote]

over $1.4 million. I'm sure it was less than that? Maybe??
[/quote]

Recently on the BST there was a gent listing 10 custom putters. The price of each (if purchased from the manufacturing) totaled in excess of 12K. He indicated he had 30 more to clear of equal value. All I could think was . . . his putter stash (and I'm sure that wasn't all of it) was worth more than both of my vehicles.

I will go on record as stating that I don't care how another individual chooses to spend his/her disposable income. There has to be a 'carrot' at the end of a long work day.

I never make a purchase of the $500+ magnitude without informing my wife. So this 'bucket list' would take some serious effort. I'd probably have to enter a Wager agreement with her.

Not to mention my desire to purchase a few more Wishon products.

It's been stressful at work lately and I'm getting the itch to shop. Deep psychological issues at work.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1418868069' post='10609889']

[/quote]

[/quote]

:swoon: 1.4m putters?? What the :censored2: !! That's just some :censored2: ing insane :censored2: right there bro.
[/quote]

Think of all of the $1 eBay auctions you can win with that kind of money Pigs. You'd have to build a separate house, breaking both of your hands in the process, to hoard the stash.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1418868644' post='10609919']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Think of all of the $1 eBay auctions you can win with that kind of money Pigs. You'd have to build a separate house, breaking both of your hands in the process, to hoard the stash.
[/quote]

I may need to add a small extension to the old homestead to house all that stuff lol

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

You know what's funny about life? Now I'm not speaking about
this 1st hand cause I haven't lived it...BUT...I've heard it enough
that I believe it's true.

When you're poor no one wants to give you money.

When you're rich everyone wants to give you money.

So if you want money you need to get rich first.

So the guy that spent 1.4 mill on putters should have practiced
more, played on tour, and gotten rich. Then Bettinardi would have
given him all those putters.

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1418863955' post='10609547']
The Christmas concert was a rousing success. My little peanut was so adorable. He had the songs and actions memorized, followed his teacher's instructions, and introduced me to his JK friends. I hope that this is but the first in many school firsts. #proudpapa
[/quote]

Wonderful!! Being a proud daddy is one of the greatest blessings of life. How was the pizza?? Any spam on any?? Congrats, PD! Thanks for sharing your joy with us.

I miss those days...my kids are approaching their 30's now, and you know what? They still make me proud. Raising those kids right was the toughest but most rewarding accomplishment of my life.

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1418870921' post='10610099']
You know what's funny about life? Now I'm not speaking about
this 1st hand cause I haven't lived it...BUT...I've heard it enough
that I believe it's true.

When you're poor no one wants to give you money.

When you're rich everyone wants to give you money.

So if you want money you need to get rich first.

So the guy that spent 1.4 mill on putters should have practiced
more, played on tour, and gotten rich. Then Bettinardi would have
given him all those putters.
[/quote]

A banker is someone who only comes calling when you don't need him.

PD - about work stress.

Wont ask and its no one else's bees wax - especially on the web.

All I want to share is you are clearly a person who has his priorities together. I wouldn't last 10 days in your profession. The kids would not be the challenge for me. It would be the adults whom I would tangle with. Parents and administration don't take kindly to being threatened with the business end of a wedge...LOL.

The other thing I wanted to pass along is that I've seen the scales tip between having a very stressful job and not having a job. While its a close call.... the former is most likely the lesser of two evils. The reason being a storm or a season on the job tends to pass. Unemployment can be everything its cranked up to be and more for a very extended period. Hopefully this too shall pass as they say. The things you place higher importance on.... sounds like that world is on cruise control and going great.

Nice buried treasure Pigems. Are you going to try and restore it?

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Thank Din, I'm not sure yet. Just trying to find some info about it right now. I had to sand the back of the head a bit just to be able to see the brand name lol

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1418917342' post='10611801']
Thank Din, I'm not sure yet. Just trying to find some info about it right now. I had to sand the back of the head a bit just to be able to see the brand name lol
[/quote]
I'm sure the GolfWRX "Society of Civilized Members", aka the Classic Clubs Forum regulars, can help with info on the club.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1406765258' post='9820621']
PeanutsDaddy, Golf64 and Myself have a friendly Wager(Gentlemens Bet, No Money) that's about to begin starting on Aug 1, No More Club Purchases! Headcovers, balls and accessories are fine but no Clubs. From August 1 2014 on, It's run what ya brung, if it's in the stable already you can play it, but no new additions. We'll see who can hold out the longest, we are WRXers after all lol.
[/quote]

So... between the first page and the last, has anyone caved yet? This is GolfWRX, after all. :D

[quote name='LittlePoison1980' timestamp='1418931766' post='10613021']
PeanutsDaddy, Golf64 and Myself have a friendly Wager(Gentlemens Bet, No Money) that's about to begin starting on Aug 1, No More Club Purchases! Headcovers, balls and accessories are fine but no Clubs. From August 1 2014 on, It's run what ya brung, if it's in the stable already you can play it, but no new additions. We'll see who can hold out the longest, we are WRXers after all lol.
[/quote]

So... between the first page and the last, has anyone caved yet? This is GolfWRX, after all. :D
[/quote]

Sadly, they just won't cave. Too darn strong minded. Maybe I can get them buying new curling gear. I hear Asham and Goldline are having sales... anything? No reaction? Wow... they really are strong about this buying thing. :)

[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1418944482' post='10614107']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sadly, they just won't cave. Too darn strong minded. Maybe I can get them buying new curling gear. I hear Asham and Goldline are having sales... anything? No reaction? Wow... they really are strong about this buying thing. :)
[/quote]

I curled once... there was waaaaaaaaaay more beer consumed than I expected... and less by myself than one might think :D

[quote name='LittlePoison1980' timestamp='1418951653' post='10614591']
[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1418944482' post='10614107']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I curled once... there was waaaaaaaaaay more beer consumed than I expected... and less by myself than one might think :D
[/quote]

I curled once as well, it's kind of like giant ice shuffleboard. It's pretty fun to play though :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1418870284' post='10610039']
[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1418868644' post='10609919']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I may need to add a small extension to the old homestead to house all that stuff lol
[/quote]

That might be a skosh tight.

Come on... you can fit at least 10 sets and 3 more tour bags. :)

As for curling, it is pretty big here in California. 3 clubs in the LA/OC area (OC Curling Club, Hollywood, and I forget the 3rd name), 1 or 2 in San Diego, and 2 or 3 in the Bay Area. The club in Phoenix just got dedicated ice (we are on rink ice, 4 sheets fit) and there is a brand new club up in Portland, Or., if I remember correctly.

Gotta have something to do now that playing hockey for me is pretty much impossible thanks to time constraints of work and not having won the lottery yet. :) Golf or hockey... golf wins these days.