3BALLSGOLF

rightlefty

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way any of this is true, he's gotta be trolling. Rightylefty if all your posts are true then you sound like a clown. If your truly playing at golf courses that take more than 5 hours to play then the courses arent doing their job of keeping up pace of play and you should direct your frustration towards them not someone who can't play par golf their first time out. Either way no one believes any of your stories.

First off, reading some of the reply's to my original post are a great example of what the world has become. Not to mention the golf world ! Some really nasty, petty, childish, jealous, disgusting people. Really sad.

Secondly, I had to go round and round with 3balls. They refused to acknowledge they did anything wrong. They advertised a shiny Red Cobra ZLE that was in very good condition with everything standard. They delivered me a repainted Black ZLE with all the shiny bottom sanded off to a dull matt finish. A 46 in. shaft instead of the standard 45.5 A head with the stock weight changed by 5 grams. The grip changed to a different company's grip. The bottom scratched, the face pitted and the bottom scuffed off to the bare metal. Basically nothing was as it was supposed to be.

They continued to say they did nothing wrong. This is why I started this thread. I wanted to warn those few nice people here so hopefully this wouldn't happen to them. For them to be careful.

About the only thing that makes any sence is the rep I was dealing with is really baseballfreak !

[quote name='rightlefty' timestamp='1408585483' post='9976819']
So over the last few years I have bought many clubs from 3balls golf. Very likely more that any other person that doesn't resell them and buys for personal use only. I'm talking around 500 clubs ! They have a RED Cobra ZLE that is listed as very good condition, with no other remarks in the description. With a lot of experience buying from them, this means everything is nearly perfect and a completely stock club. I win the auction on ebay and receive not a red zle but a black one ! Not the standard black head, this one has been repainted flack black by the previous owner. It has all the gloss finish sanded off the bottom, and is now a matt black and red. It has scratches on the bottom, the black paint on the bottom near the face is all worn off down to the bare metal. The face is all pitted, the standard weight in the bottom of the head has been changed by 5 grams, the shaft is 1/2 longer than stock, and the stock grip has been changed.

I paid top dollar because it was supposed to be a completely standard RED ZLE in "very good" condition. I got something completely different ! When I told 3balls, they said they didn't see any problem with giving me something totally different from what I bought. Since I have done a lot of business with them, I told them, just credit me 30.00 back from what I paid and I will call it even. I told them I would have never bid what I did if I would have known what the club really was, and it certainly would have sold for much less if they would have disclosed all these things that were wrong with it. They said we will give you a SMALL one time shipping discount on your next order. So that is like taking 5.00 off since shipping is only 15.00.

through a series of emails back and forth in an effort on my part to fairly and easily resolve this completely misrepresented club, they refused to acknowledge they did anything wrong, and refused to give me anything but a small shipping discount on my next order.

I bought a RED zle, I got a repainted black one.

I bought a club that has a shinny high gloss bottom on it, I got one that has all the gloss sanded off and now has a matt finish.

I bought a club that was suppose to have the standard weight in the head, I got one that has been changed by 5 grams.

I bought a club that was supposed to have a standard length shaft, I got one that is 1/2 inch longer.

I bought a club that was all pitted on the face, scratched on the bottom with the paint completely scuffed off on the bottom near the face. none of witch was disclosed in the description.

And their response is,.... we don't see any problem !!!!

Please be careful if you guys buy anything from them. They are getting worse and worse, but this one takes the cake.
[/quote]

[quote name='kal32473' timestamp='1409182689' post='10021597']
So over the last few years I have bought many clubs from 3balls golf. Very likely more that any other person that doesn't resell them and buys for personal use only. I'm talking around 500 clubs ! They have a RED Cobra ZLE that is listed as very good condition, with no other remarks in the description. With a lot of experience buying from them, this means everything is nearly perfect and a completely stock club. I win the auction on ebay and receive not a red zle but a black one ! Not the standard black head, this one has been repainted flack black by the previous owner. It has all the gloss finish sanded off the bottom, and is now a matt black and red. It has scratches on the bottom, the black paint on the bottom near the face is all worn off down to the bare metal. The face is all pitted, the standard weight in the bottom of the head has been changed by 5 grams, the shaft is 1/2 longer than stock, and the stock grip has been changed.

I paid top dollar because it was supposed to be a completely standard RED ZLE in "very good" condition. I got something completely different ! When I told 3balls, they said they didn't see any problem with giving me something totally different from what I bought. Since I have done a lot of business with them, I told them, just credit me 30.00 back from what I paid and I will call it even. I told them I would have never bid what I did if I would have known what the club really was, and it certainly would have sold for much less if they would have disclosed all these things that were wrong with it. They said we will give you a SMALL one time shipping discount on your next order. So that is like taking 5.00 off since shipping is only 15.00.

through a series of emails back and forth in an effort on my part to fairly and easily resolve this completely misrepresented club, they refused to acknowledge they did anything wrong, and refused to give me anything but a small shipping discount on my next order.

I bought a club that has a shinny high gloss bottom on it, I got one that has all the gloss sanded off and now has a matt finish.

I bought a club that was suppose to have the standard weight in the head, I got one that has been changed by 5 grams.

I bought a club that was supposed to have a standard length shaft, I got one that is 1/2 inch longer.

I bought a club that was all pitted on the face, scratched on the bottom with the paint completely scuffed off on the bottom near the face. none of witch was disclosed in the description.

Please be careful if you guys buy anything from them. They are getting worse and worse, but this one takes the cake.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Why not just send the club back for a full refund if it wasn't what you bought? Trying to keep the club but suck 30 bucks out of them tells me you're really not that upset with the transaction...

[quote name='kal32473' timestamp='1409182961' post='10021613']

[/quote]
[/quote]

Why not just send the club back for a full refund if it wasn't what you bought? Trying to keep the club but suck 30 bucks out of them tells me you're really not that upset with the transaction...
[/quote]

You are right I am not upset since I have received several clubs from them that were disappointing, and don't get upset over little things, but this one takes the cake. What I am upset about however is their denial that they didn't do anything wrong, and I should just forget about it. The club certainly sold for 30.00 more than it would have had they described it properly.

It would be like going to a restaurant hundreds of times, always treating the staff with the utmost respect and courtesy, and ordering a filet and paying the filet price and getting a hamburger and having the manager knowing you are one of his best customers telling you to just shut up and eat it,..... you have gotten the filet plenty of times when you have ordered it in the past.

[quote name='rightlefty' timestamp='1409187082' post='10021949']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You are right I am not upset since I have received several clubs from them that were disappointing, and don't get upset over little things, but this one takes the cake. What I am upset about however is their denial that they didn't do anything wrong, and I should just forget about it. The club certainly sold for 30.00 more than it would have had they described it properly.

It would be like going to a restaurant hundreds of times, always treating the staff with the utmost respect and courtesy, and ordering a filet and paying the filet price and getting a hamburger and having the manager knowing you are one of his best customers telling you to just shut up and eat it,..... you have gotten the filet plenty of times when you have ordered it in the past.
[/quote]

No. It would be like ordering the filet, getting a burger instead, eating the burger and then demanding a discount instead of just sending the burger back and getting what you ordered in the first place...

[quote name='captpat' timestamp='1409267131' post='10027437']
I am pretty sure that 3balls will LIST all deviations from the stock club.....no shaft band....oversize grip...aftermarket shaft....length. So, after all the misrepresentaions you had, none of it was listed? Show us the listing from your Purchase History.
[/quote]

You are correct, they always list all these kinds of things. However on this particular club they failed to list any of them !

[quote name='rightlefty' timestamp='1409275231' post='10028195']
[quote name='captpat' timestamp='1409267131' post='10027437']
I am pretty sure that 3balls will LIST all deviations from the stock club.....no shaft band....oversize grip...aftermarket shaft....length. So, after all the misrepresentaions you had, none of it was listed?[b] Show us the listing from your Purchase History.[/b]
[/quote]

You are correct, they always list all these kinds of things. However on this particular club they failed to list any of them !
[/quote]

He asked if you'd post a link to the listing. Did you miss that part?

Cobra Fly-Z Driver 9.5
RocketBallz Stage 2 Fairway
Callaway X-Hot Hybrids
AMP CELL Irons 5-GW
NIckent ARC Wedge
MacGregor M5K Putter

[quote name='rightlefty' timestamp='1409187082' post='10021949']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you've received "several" disappointing clubs from 3Balls, you're either not reading the condition guide, or not reading the details of the auction.

Please, post a link.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

[quote name='RJRJRJ' timestamp='1409287243' post='10029279']
If you've received "several" disappointing clubs from 3Balls, you're either not reading the condition guide, or not reading the details of the auction.

Please, post a link.
[/quote]

Obviously I can't speak on behalf of OP but I am very much aware of the condition guide and my last few purchases have fallen well short of what I've come to expect (6* upright when the clubs were supposed to be standard for example). In the past I've always been 100% happy with my 3balls purchases but I'm going to be very wary in future, I don't know whether I just got unlucky on a few purchases in a row or if they have someone new checking specs/rating clubs but I have been less than satisfied. I'm sure their return policy is great but unfortunately that's not an option for me so I rely on accurate descriptions, an extra scratch or two I can handle but having an 8* degree variance between a set of irons (from 2* flat to 6* upright) and calling them standard lie is totally unacceptable.

[quote name='cehb' timestamp='1409289342' post='10029359']
[quote name='RJRJRJ' timestamp='1409287243' post='10029279']

Please, post a link.
[/quote]

Obviously I can't speak on behalf of OP but I am very much aware of the condition guide and my last few purchases have fallen well short of what I've come to expect (6* upright when the clubs were supposed to be standard for example). In the past I've always been 100% happy with my 3balls purchases but I'm going to be very wary in future, I don't know whether I just got unlucky on a few purchases in a row or if they have someone new checking specs/rating clubs but I have been less than satisfied. I'm sure their return policy is great but unfortunately that's not an option for me so I rely on accurate descriptions, an extra scratch or two I can handle but having an 8* degree variance between a set of irons (from 2* flat to 6* upright) and calling them standard lie is totally unacceptable.
[/quote]

I can't blame you for experiencing these things, but the old saying about how its more about how they correct the mistake rather than whether or not they have one rings true. To this point, I have full faith that 3balls would have corrected the OPs situation. What I'm not exactly sure about, is what exactly the OPs situation is.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

[quote]

I will humor your ignorance.

Since the golf courses in my area are all completely clogged up with horrible golfers setting a 5+ hour snail pace, the only fun I have is always playing different clubs everytime I play. One day I play right handed the next I play left handed,... almost always with completely different clubs. It gives me a way to distract myself a little from how dysfunctional the guys in front of me are.
[/quote]

You do realize that every day there is a group that goes out first, right? Seems easier than buying a new set of clubs every round. I realize it would eliminate many of your opportunities to complain, but I'm guessing you'd be able to fill that void with something else.
Epic SZ - T1100
13* Epic SZ - T1100
Epic 3H
Epon 303 4-A
Yururi Tataki 55/60
SC X6M

So many things wrong with this thread beyond the mere trolling nature of the OP.

But 3balls did sell a red Zl on ebay recently. auction 351131928176 for all of $75 which was $2 above average for this 2-3 year old club (Is that OP's top dollar?). At that rate, OP's requested $30 rebate is close to half the value of the club. 3balls, like any reasonable seller, would refuse and offer a full refund if the club was sent back.

Let's pretend that OP's complaints are actually true and that this club was spray-painted and 3balls missed it. 3balls will refund on anything if you even think it smells funny and they've never overpromised and underdelivered in my experience with them. If OP is still unhappy and leaves negative feedback, his one bad transaction out of a supposed "500" still equals 99.80% positive feedback. Any big seller would kill for that rating! I would gladly do business with any seller who had such a rating!

OP's complaint is actually a back-handed compliment.

[quote name='dmblanch' timestamp='1409325468' post='10030905']
So many things wrong with this thread beyond the mere trolling nature of the OP.

But 3balls did sell a red Zl on ebay recently. auction 351131928176 for all of $75 which was $2 above average for this 2-3 year old club (Is that OP's top dollar?). At that rate, OP's requested $30 rebate is close to half the value of the club. 3balls, like any reasonable seller, would refuse and offer a full refund if the club was sent back.

Let's pretend that OP's complaints are actually true and that this club was spray-painted and 3balls missed it. 3balls will refund on anything if you even think it smells funny and they've never overpromised and underdelivered in my experience with them. If OP is still unhappy and leaves negative feedback, his one bad transaction out of a supposed "500" still equals 99.80% positive feedback. Any big seller would kill for that rating! I would gladly do business with any seller who had such a rating!

[/quote]

You guys are simply unbelievable.

[quote name='rightlefty' timestamp='1409336564' post='10032047']

[/quote]

[/quote]

So was this a right handed or a left handed driver?

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

[/quote]

[/quote]

Post some pictures....not that hard and then post the listing so we can see the description ourself

[/quote]

[/quote]

Link to auction or it didn't happen.

Cobra Fly-Z Driver 9.5
RocketBallz Stage 2 Fairway
Callaway X-Hot Hybrids
AMP CELL Irons 5-GW
NIckent ARC Wedge
MacGregor M5K Putter

[quote name='scjr' timestamp='1409351620' post='10033229']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Link to auction or it didn't happen.
[/quote]

But we know he wouldn't make anything up...

I have never blocked another member but I found my first person.... :lock::lock::lock: . Let's not bash a company without proof.

Now can someone explain how to block someone?

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Well,.... from reading most of the ignorant reply's to this tread, I have concluded that, 1. you all work for 3balls,. or 2. you are a bunch of 5 year olds playing with your parents computer while they are at work.

To the couple of normal people who responded with legitimate posts,..... thanks !

Best of luck to you if you get anything from 3balls.

[quote name='rightlefty' timestamp='1409358144' post='10033659']
Well,.... from reading most of the ignorant reply's to this tread, I have concluded that, 1. you all work for 3balls,. or 2. you are a bunch of 5 year olds playing with your parents computer while they are at work.

To the couple of normal people who responded with legitimate posts,..... thanks !

[/quote]

Your bashing a company and when people ask for proof or links, so we can see for ourselves you clam up.... now who is being a 5 year old now? Are you taking your ball and going home?

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1409358687' post='10033695']

[/quote]

Your bashing a company and when people ask for proof or links, so we can see for ourselves you clam up.... now who is being a 5 year old now? Are you taking your ball and going home?
[/quote]

Haha,....well put. Yes I am taking my ball and going home ! LOL !

[/quote]

You're kidding, right? You yourself said you've bought over 500 clubs from 3Balls but are now saying good luck if you get anything from them? Out of the 500 clubs you bought, how many times did you leave positive feedback?

rightlefty never lets me down.

Awww.. you guys scared him away by asking for too many facts! You know you're supposed to just egg him on into more superman stories...

Case in point? Here's the questions/requests he dodged:

• Ambidextrous swing videos
  • Ebay links
  • Pictures of said club

Now how is he supposed to come up with good stories to combat those requests? Yeesh.. Of course were going to get the ol' patented "you're all dumb so I'm leaving" cop out, haha. runhills.gifsmiley-scared007.gif

In all seriousness, asking for $30 back on a club (because you are one of their best customers, nonetheless). Asking for anything other than a refund is a clear sign to the seller that you are, in fact, somewhat happy with the item and that it would be ridiculous for them to comply. I highly doubt they view you as one of their "best" customers. If any of this is real whatsoever, I can only imagine how confused and bewildered their customer service is when you call them with your stories.

Edit: For real though, I would LOVE to see these swing videos that will never, ever exist.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/880454-maydaygsxrs-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1409357684' post='10033629']
I have never blocked another member but I found my first person.... :lock::lock::lock: . Let's not bash a company without proof.

Now can someone explain how to block someone?
[/quote]

why would you want to block? this is free entertainment. i love hearing creative fictional stories.