3BALLSGOLF

rightlefty

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been critical of 3balls in this thread due to my previous couple of orders so it's only fair that I give credit where credit is due.

I rolled the dice again on a set of irons with a "good" rating (lowest 3balls sells). I know at that grading it's a bit hit and miss but besides a couple of sole nicks and some moderate face wear on the 8 iron, they are great (specs also spot on). Placed the order at around 9pm Thursday (Australian time), received by 11am Monday.

So hopefully those couple of orders were only an aberration and not indicative of a decline in grading standards or spec checking.

I got my latest order from 3balls (out of about 12 to 15 purchases) quickly and have already played with it a bunch. Unlike the mysterious rightlefty, I'm willing to post my auction no. 231298978301.

It was listed as grade 4 very good, I would have called it a 5 very fine. These were the posted defects: [list]
[*]This club comes equipped with a Midsize grip. (Nope, it came with an upgraded matching blue/gray regular Winn grip. I don't like Winn's but it's quality and new.)
[*]There are a few faint ball marks along the leading edge of the crown. (Don't see it.)
[*]This club has some noticeable nicking on the leading edge of the crown. (Son't see it.)
[*]This club has some noticeable nicking along the outer edge of the crown. (Don't see it.)
[/list]
Other than a couple of minor sole plate contact marks near the heel, this Jetspeed 3 HL was virtually new. Better than advertised.

A steal at $46 and a pretty typical 3balls transaction. How can you beat 3 day auctions starting at 99 cents with understated descriptions? That's pure capitalism and the market decides value.

This thread made my day a whole lot better. Don't have much experience with 3balls, but for the market they are in and the number of items they sell would seem to draw an occasional bad review.

I was really hoping to find that swing video at the end of this thread and was actually kind of sad it wasn't there. If someone finds it posted in another thread please share the link.
Pictures would have helped the case, but the added mystery just added to the suspense.

[quote name='hacknhawkeye' timestamp='1408591766' post='9977481']
I have a Ping K15 driver being delivered this week; first order ever off of 3ballsgolf. If it is a crappy club I will report back; otherwise I will be on the range! :happy:
[/quote]

I bought a K15 driver from them 3 weeks ago in "average" condition. Looked heavily used which I expected, then on about the 20th hit the head broke off and nearly hit the guy in the range stall next to me which I didn't expect. I'll be contacting them to see how they handle it and report back here.

They are typically pretty good and the items are better than described.

However- service level on returns leaves a lot to be desired. I recently purchased a 5 wood with upgraded shaft that was standard length. I received a club that was right at 40" long and a swingweight of c5. For four days I went back and forth with then. The questioned my measurements, stating they measure everything before listing. Then they asked for the serial number and emailed me back stating the specs were standard and d1 swingweight.

I finally had to open a dispute to get them to agree to a return. Then they put the caveat that they would accept if they could confirm my measurements.

I assume they are being bombarded with jack legs like the rest of us who manipulate ebays return policy and are overly cautious. However, it left a bad taste for me.

[quote name='ufgrad' timestamp='1409854145' post='10064627']
[quote name='hacknhawkeye' timestamp='1408591766' post='9977481']
I have a Ping K15 driver being delivered this week; first order ever off of 3ballsgolf. If it is a crappy club I will report back; otherwise I will be on the range! :happy:
[/quote]

I bought a K15 driver from them 3 weeks ago in "average" condition. Looked heavily used which I expected, then on about the 20th hit the head broke off and nearly hit the guy in the range stall next to me which I didn't expect. I'll be contacting them to see how they handle it and report back here.
[/quote]

Just spoke to 3balls rep. Very helpful, agree to send a replacement at no cost to me. May ask for photos of broken club or for a return of the head at their shipping cost. They asked if I would accept a similar replacement and I told them I would consider a G15 or G20 but would prefer a K15 and needed 10.5 loft or higher. So far so good. Waiting to hear back from them with the replacement details.

Okay, nothing but great experience for me. They replaced my broken "Good" condition 10.5 degree K15 driver with a "Very Good" condition 10.5 degree G20, free shipping, included a G20 head cover and free shipping. They didn't even make me return the K15 head which I can either re=shaft or sell. Probably the best customer service I've ever had from an ebay seller. Big thumbs up!!

I "bought" a putter from them off of ebay. The listing had an actual picture of the item (LH Anser putter), not a stock photo . I paid them as soon as the auction ended. Then I waited and nothing came. Finally they told me that they had "made a mistake" and didn't have the item that was listed, couldn't get it for me and would be refunding my money. Clearly, mistakes do happen, but this one was pretty strange. I guess that I would buy something from them again, but probably only if I couldn't find it somewhere else for a comparable price.

It should be a pretty open and shut case. You didnt get the item that you thought you were getting and they should let you return it. Id send them another email, explain that you arent happy and are going to file a despute with Ebay if they dont let you return it and if they still refuse or dont respond to you within 3 days, file a despute with Ebay.
Ive dealt with 3balls many times and most of the time its been great but theres been a couple times where the clubs werent what they described them as.

• 8 years later...
On 8/21/2014 at 5:07 AM, baseballfrk8998 said:

So every so often I remember these threads, but the link to these threads no longer works. Is there any way to get them back lol

Edited by cassel191919

• 2 weeks later...

3 Balls used to have crazy good deals on Irons....  Many years ago I bought a few sets of Ben Hogan Apex Irons before Callaway bought them. They were listed as " Like New " and I bought them at 50% off retail and they arrived New in the box.....  I traded them in at a local shop for new Mizuno MP32s 🙂   even exchange !!!   I miss those deals 

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x