2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Miura Giken- I pulled the trigger and jumped in the JDM pool

Tzoid

[quote name='flopshot99' timestamp='1422806452' post='10861973']
Fair enough, miura is awesome, I love there wedges. I made a post as reference was made that one went from epon to Miura. I do aplogize sir and hope you have a nice Sunday.
[/quote]

No worries..... I know people are passionate about their brand choices and anyone that frequents this forum is enthusiastic about all things golf. The cool thing is that the variety of views makes for great reading and anyone that cares to do the research can find a wealth of useful and useless information. :)

I'm a club whore so I'm sure I will eventually get a set of Epon Irons....I'm looking at the moment :)

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G430 21 Fairway , Tensei AV Raw Blue 65

Ping G430 5 Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... go figure the mind of a golf ho. I decided I liked the Yamaha RMX Tour CBs better and put these Miura CB-2007 up for sale on BST. I had bought both. I think the difference is the same as between a Benz and an Audi. Can't go wrong with either. I am a little shocked to be selling these. First time I played them I had the strongest possible enjoyment of them. It's like the tortoise and the hare story. The slow and steady and much less glamorous Yamaha's ended up being preferred. By an inch and after a marathon.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Actually you're not alone. I'm a Miura lover as well, but have not had an overwhelming response to the latest offerings designed by Y-San rather than Miura-San. I tried the Yamaha RMX MB's, and they've been in my bag ever since. Still rank Miura wedges as cream of the crop though -- would not leave home without them. (And I still re-visit my old Miura CB's just to hold them in hand although I don't play them anymore. )

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]_________________________________[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Epon AF-153 / TRPX M1st[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Ryoma 2017 F5[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind CMB2 DI / Crazy STP[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Miura HB3 18 / ProjX[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=2]Seven MCB 5-AW[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind 56-onset / NS WV105[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Cally forged copper 64 / DGspin[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Seven Benock Pantaleone [/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='flopshot99' timestamp='1422806452' post='10861973']
Fair enough, miura is awesome, I love there wedges. I made a post as reference was made that one went from epon to Miura. I do aplogize sir and hope you have a nice Sunday.
[/quote]

Nice closure.

I don't have either brand though I've seen both in play by very competent players. I'm pretty well invested in other Japanese brands that interested me until I got them working, after which I went back to my favorite set.

We all have our preferences and maybe I'll pick up a set of Epon or Miura as opportunity arises. They do look interesting.

Shambles

Can someone compare the size of these 2007 heads to another current Miura offering? I was set on getting a set of the 9003's but these look like something to consider. They look like they have a little longer blade length from heel to toe as well than other Miuras? I hated the look of the 501's and dont want something similar to those.

[quote name='zip7111' timestamp='1423406789' post='10910799']
Can someone compare the size of these 2007 heads to another current Miura offering? I was set on getting a set of the 9003's but these look like something to consider. They look like they have a little longer blade length from heel to toe as well than other Miuras? I hated the look of the 501's and dont want something similar to those.
[/quote]

I can say that they are slightly longer from heel to toe to my Mizuno JPX-825 Pros and they have a beautiful thin top line and sole grind. I played one round of golf with them so I don't have enough data to make a final decision on how they compare but my initial thoughts are as follows.[list]
[*]They are not as soft as Mizuno forged irons I have played
[*]They are not as forgiving as the JPX-825 Pros
[*]They look fantastic at address
[*]Turf interaction is great
[/list]
As I stated I only have 1 round of golf and some range time with these irons and the shaft head combination could be why they feel a bit harsh to me. They have Nippon Modus3 120S Shafts.

Ping G430 5 Hybrid

Titleist Pro V1x

[quote name='Tzoid' timestamp='1423529134' post='10920779']
[/quote]

I can say that they are slightly longer from heel to toe to my Mizuno JPX-825 Pros and they have a beautiful thin top line and sole grind. I played one round of golf with them so I don't have enough data to make a final decision on how they compare but my initial thoughts are as follows.[list]
[/list]
As I stated I only have 1 round of golf and some range time with these irons and the shaft head combination could be why they feel a bit harsh to me. They have Nippon Modus3 120S Shafts.
[/quote]
The sweetspot may be closer to the heel than what you are use to.

@therealping

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1423572926' post='10923311']
[/quote]

[/list]
[/quote]
[/quote]

It always take a bit of getting used to new irons so I'm staying as patient as possible. I'm playing 36 tomorrow at the Pine Barrens at World Wood so I'll see what happens. This reminds me of when I switched from Taylor Made LCG cavity backs to Mizuno Pro II irons. They scared me to death the 1st 4-5 rounds until I got the feel of them and then I was in heaven. :)

Ping G430 5 Hybrid

Titleist Pro V1x

[quote name='Tzoid' timestamp='1423612347' post='10927737']
[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1423572926' post='10923311']
[/quote]

[/list]
[/quote]
[/quote]

It always take a bit of getting used to new irons so I'm staying as patient as possible. I'm playing 36 tomorrow at the Pine Barrens at World Wood so I'll see what happens. This reminds me of when I switched from Taylor Made LCG cavity backs to Mizuno Pro II irons. They scared me to death the 1st 4-5 rounds until I got the feel of them and then I was in heaven. :)
[/quote]It takes me at least a month before I start to gel with new irons.

@therealping

Miura have a completely different feel to mizuno .
Some refer to it as more dense .
I find it cleaner and more precise .
I've hit the 825 Pro and I used to play the 800 Pro .
The 825 Pro irons have a spongier feel to them that doesn't possess the feedback that a Miura iron will offer .
To me that's why I define the feel of the Miuras cleaner and more precise . I personally didn't find the Mizzy softer just different !
I will be interested to hear your thoughts on your new irons as your trip progresses and also your thoughts on them in 2 months time .
Enjoy the rest of your trip .

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
Yamada Shogun

Hey Tzoid , how was trip to Tampa ?
How did your new weapons go the more the trip progressed ?
Are they starting to feel more dialled in ?

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1424205455' post='10972723']
[/quote]

The trip was great and I did manage to play a pretty good round at Rolling Oaks ( 85 ). I returned to a snow storm and 55 MPH winds so the weather here on the East Coast slapped me in the face.
I got together with a few golfing buddies on Sunday and one of my best friends who is a +2 handicap took a look at my CB-2007s and offered me what I paid for them on the spot. Soooooooo.... I sold them to him

I know that probably sounds crazy but I moved on and he can enjoy them.

Ping G430 5 Hybrid

Titleist Pro V1x

[quote name='Tzoid' timestamp='1424224974' post='10975229']
[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1424205455' post='10972723']
[/quote]

The trip was great and I did manage to play a pretty good round at Rolling Oaks ( 85 ). I returned to a snow storm and 55 MPH winds so the weather here on the East Coast slapped me in the face.
I got together with a few golfing buddies on Sunday and one of my best friends who is a +2 handicap took a look at my MB-2007s and offered me what I paid for them on the spot. Soooooooo.... I sold them to him

I know that probably sounds crazy but I moved on and he can enjoy them.
[/quote]
Awesome to hear that you had a great trip , after all that's what it's all about !
Miura's can sometimes be a tough lion to tame .
Besides you now have a pocket full of dough and some iron shopping to do .
A lot of guys are speaking very highly of the new Srixon irons !

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='Hack1' timestamp='1424226795' post='10975497']
Did you mean CB-2007?
[/quote]

Yes...Fixed it :)

Ping G430 5 Hybrid

Titleist Pro V1x

Deal with a Miura dealer and get your optimal setup next time. Eliminate the doubt/guessing game.

I at times want to switch and tinker, but that doesn't negate the fact that what I was fit for isn't optimal.

"We are dynamic creatures. Every day we’re a little different than we were the day before and so are our golf games. Whether it’s getting stronger or weaker, more flexible or more rigid, our bodies, and thus, our swings, are always changing."-Matt Saternus

@therealping

Some people live to disappoint themselves... and then complain about it.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]_________________________________[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Epon AF-153 / TRPX M1st[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Ryoma 2017 F5[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind CMB2 DI / Crazy STP[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Miura HB3 18 / ProjX[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=2]Seven MCB 5-AW[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]A-Grind 56-onset / NS WV105[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Cally forged copper 64 / DGspin[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#808080][size=2][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Seven Benock Pantaleone [/font][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='RLL33' timestamp='1424387053' post='10987647']
Some people live to disappoint themselves... and then complain about it.
[/quote]

What exactly is this comment all about? Explain please .

Ping G430 5 Hybrid

Titleist Pro V1x

[quote name='Hack1' timestamp='1424398213' post='10988765']
The way I see it is Tzoid got to play the 2007s for free. That is WAY BETTER than many of us have faired.

So what is next big guy?
[/quote]

I have 2 sets of Mizuno Irons and I'm intrigued by the OnOff Kuro ............ This sub 10 degree weather has me suffering from cabin fever and I get bored and buy golf clubs.

I guess RLL33 was taking a shot at me for selling the Miura irons and somehow he got offended???? Crazy Huh?

Ping G430 5 Hybrid

Titleist Pro V1x

T-zoid you said you have the 825 pros, is that correct? I tried them but did not like the feel or the head shape too much. I sold them and did not miss them. I recently picked up a combo set of mp54's 4-7 and mp4's 8-pw and I am blown away by how good they are.
Have you tried the 54's? IMO they are just as forgiving as the 825's perhaps even more so, but the sound and feel is so much better. I love the size/offset/topline of the head as well.
Have you tried them? i think they are streets ahead of the 825 pros.

Old player,

I think Tzoid has the JDM bug cause now he is looking @ onoff Kuro irons and I believe I understand the way he thinks.

Tzoid, tell me if I am off base here.

There is Mizuno Japan, but you have 2 sets of Mizunos and want something different and in the JDM pool.

Also, Kuro are Endo forged. ;). Keep us posted Tzoid, as I am living vicariously through you.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/onoff-2015-forged-kuro-iron

P.S. I just sold my MP-33 and 99 Hogan Apex on eBay. I am now down to 2 sets: the Miura's and the S55s. My HOing days are over. As I said, other have not faired as well as you as we work through the offerings.

[quote name='Tzoid' timestamp='1424399467' post='10988929']
[quote name='Hack1' timestamp='1424398213' post='10988765']
The way I see it is Tzoid got to play the 2007s for free. That is WAY BETTER than many of us have faired.

So what is next big guy?
[/quote]

I have 2 sets of Mizuno Irons and I'm intrigued by the OnOff Kuro ............ This sub 10 degree weather has me suffering from cabin fever and I get bored and buy golf clubs.

I guess RLL33 was taking a shot at me for selling the Miura irons and somehow he got offended???? Crazy Huh?
[/quote]
Tzoid, how do you find the CB-2007s? I had CB-2006s couple of years back and I liked it very much. I actually regretted selling those (sold it to buy another JDM, which I didn't like at all).

How's the forgiveness and workability and feel compared to the CB-2006s (hope you had them as well)?