2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Trackman Fitting Day for Houston Area WRXer's

bopper53

A Great Success for All
We were finally able to get our Trackman Fitting Day in at Timbercreek and it was great to have most of the Texas Houston Area WRXers there to participate.

Russell and his staff at Golf WRX Clearlake / Performance Golf Academy really went the extra mile to make sure that they spent the proper amount of time with each WRXer to dial in the proper fit.

PGA Tour Pro Mike Standly ran the Trackman system while each member hit and he was very generous in offering assorted tips and swing thoughts to the guys.

Everyone had the opportunity to hit all or most of the hottest shafts available on tour and I believe that everyone was surprised on how solid the NAK driver head was.

In addition to hitting all of these shafts, there were demo's available of Muira's, Srixons, Adams Tour Issue Drivers and Fairways, the new Adams square Hybrid and the new Verses woods.

I am sure that everyone that attended the fitting will add their comments on the day and KJK is in love with a certain new shaft that is golden !

Again, "BIG THANKS" to Russell, Mike Standly, Legs and all of the others that help put on a great day for the Houston Area WRXers !

Glynn

Cally Ai Smoke 10.5, GD DI 60
Cally Ai Smoke 16.5 HL Wood,  Fuji Red TR 70
Cally Heavenwood,  Fuji Red TR 70

PXG Hybrid # 22
Cally AiSmoke irons 5-GW with KBS $ Taper 95 shafts

Cally 56, 58 Wedge, DGS Spinner

Cameron Phantom 5.5  Putter

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that everyone that attended the fitting will add their comments on the day and KJK is in love with a certain new shaft that is golden !

It was amazing. It was the first shaft Russel handed to me, and I had to have one. After hitting assorted bad shots with my FT-i, he handed me that Rombax 6X07 and I hit three balls, dead straight, on a perfect trajectory. It just felt "right". I had him build me a Superquad/6X07 that afternoon, and I can't remember a time when I've been so excited to go play golf. And what a gorgeous day out! It's all gravy today.

The rest of the stuff was really cool - hitting all the irons, all the shafts (every Ozik and pretty much every "Super High End" thing you can think of). The Nak head is good, but damn does it launch low and spin lower.

The other thing the Trackman teaches you is that you don't swing as hard as you think you do, and you don't really carry the ball as far as you think you do... and I hit both range balls and V1s that I brought. It is very eye-opening.

Thanks again!

GREAT, GREAT setup!

I can't say enough about how nice and informative Russell and Mike were to all of us. :lol: First-class guys that run a first-class operation at the Performance Center.

A mini-tour playing buddy of mine found 12-15 yards with the Fuji Rombax, and I found a VERY stout shaft (Gafalloy Tour X) that would not go left no matter how hard I tried!! The Grafalloy Tour X is a demanding shaft to hit, but for me it was clearly the answer to reducing the dreaded right-to-left sidespin that can be a killer for me.

The best part of the day for me was Mike taking the time to give my swing a good look and suggest some drills and swing thoughts that are REALLY going to help. Just the opportunity to benefit from Mike's superior swing knowledge and assistance was WELL worth the trip. Safe to say that I will stay in touch with Mke and Russell and stop by their great shop whenever I'm in the area. Russell is ordering the Tour X for me, and I can't wait to hit the shaft in my Rapture, I REALLY think it is going to help me hit straighter drives, and I will be absolutely applying the shaft knowledge I recieved from Russell and Mike to my upcoming tour FW and hybrid setup from the Adams guys.

The Nakashima heads are excellent and I would not hesitate to put one in play. I will give the Tour X a shot in the Rapture first, but a Nak driver head may be in the bag in the near future.

Thanks very much to Glynn for setting this up and letting me join in. I had a great time and am looking forward to the next golf outing with the gang.

Now, it's out to the course to enjoy the great weather and try to hit it as pure as Mike!!

Tim

Glad to hear that you liked it Tim and Keith.

We will be putting a golf outing together soon. Maybe a return trip to Fish Creek ?

Glynn

PXG Hybrid # 22

Glad to hear everyone had a good time...too bad I couldn't make it b/c of a Medalist event at Cypresswood. It would've probably been a VERY expensive weekend for me had I met up with you guys...:lol:

I would like to hear everyone's recommended set up....it would be interesting to hear what you all got fit into!

OT...anyone know how to get to this part of golfwrx without having to look up my old posts to get here?

I would like to hear everyone's recommended set up....it would be interesting to hear what you all got fit into!

I was recommended the Rombax 6X07 stiff, and I fell in love with it. Had them use a Superquad head for the build. I hit it today for the first time, and drove the ball better than I have in months. It's cathartic to hit most of your approach shots from the short stuff & not from behind a tree.

To ge here, Tony, just look for the "Texas WRX Chapter" subforum under the "Playing Partners" section. I agree, though, there are WAY WAY WAY too many forums here. It is impossible to find anything, it is a usability nightmare.

I am torn between an Altus LT or an Ozik F7M2 or the new Accra Axiv shaft for my new Burner TP driver, that BTW, I really crushed it today in a corporate outing after downing about 8 Advil for my aching knee.

PXG Hybrid # 22

I was recommended the Rombax 6X07 stiff, and I fell in love with it. Had them use a Superquad head for the build. I hit it today for the first time, and drove the ball better than I have in months. It's cathartic to hit most of your approach shots from the short stuff & not from behind a tree.

To ge here, Tony, just look for the "Texas WRX Chapter" subforum under the "Playing Partners" section. I agree, though, there are WAY WAY WAY too many forums here. It is impossible to find anything, it is a usability nightmare.

I set it as my home page so every time I open IE you 'tards are the first thing I read about. :lol:

SLDR 460 9.5* Oban Kyoshi White 65-05
SLDR TP 14* 'Ahina 70x
SLDR TP 19* Motore Speeder 9.8HB
MR-23 CB US Spec 4-PW TC x1 soft stepped
Vokey SM 4 52*, TVD-K 56 & 60
Circa '62 No. 2 raw, ProV1x

Glynn,

Was the new-looking Adams hybrid we hit called the "A3" or "Square"?

I did not care for the busier crown and still prefer the cleaner look of the idea hybrids, but I saw a tour report on another site that talked about an "A3" Adams hybrid, know anything about it?

BTW, it would be nice to do that again with better weather. Now that I have an idea about what I am looking for, it would be great to replicate that morning in sunshine and no wind.

Tim

Tim,

We will probably do another trackman session in several months if everyone wants to.

The Adams Prototype that we hit is called the A3 Boxer. I cannot remember if you were still there when we all hit it including Mike Standly, but the ball flight was great and none of us had any problems with hooking it.

I was very impressed with the new Grafalloy Epic Hybrid shaft that was in it, although I have very mixed feelings about the Epic Driver shaft. Very stiff to flex for sure.

Glynn

PXG Hybrid # 22

The next fitting day will certainly cost a little more, but there is potential to have an even better array of products to test and other goodies as well.

PXG Hybrid # 22

The next fitting day will certainly cost a little more, but there is potential to have an even better array of products to test and other goodies as well.

Glynn, what's story on the whole Taylor Made bag?

Well I am such a freaking head case about golf these days and TaylorMade is the only equipment that I have never tried, so I figured why the hell not !

I will say this, if the TaylorMade bag does not work out, then I am back to Pings for life.

Glynn

PXG Hybrid # 22