2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Don't look now.

Eagle. 2-0-1.

THDC: 2-0-0.

I want to be there for that match, wherever and whenever it is.

edit: edited so I didn't have a bunch of bad info up here. Next time I'll just let FAbb post it :)

Not official, but here's where I recall all the MoCo Minge Mingers being and who they have left to play:

Eagle: 2-0-1 [THDC, CFree, Golfer 827]

THDC: 2-0-0 [Eagle, CFree, GregH]

CFree: 1-1-1 [THDC, Eagle, GregH]

Sully: 1-2-1 [GregH]

Gregh: 0-0-1 [Everyone but Eagle]

Golfer827: 0-3-0 [Eagle and GregH]

Not looking good for me, and it's over for Golfer827. But the other 4 guys could all pull through. Still a lot on the line.

Was typing that when you guys were all posting. I think you're right and Eagle did beat davechen already.

Totally unrelated - is anybody rocking (or thinking about rocking) a sunbrella on their push cart this year? I don't have any dry foot skin cancer scares to motivate me, but it just seems like an easy way to keep the sun off, and keep cool. I'm already out there with a push cart, so what the F do I care about having a sunbrella.

You'll fit right in with the Korean ladies at Northwest. I've gathered that there's a weekday threesome of them at 8am, so they might be looking for a 4th.

Don't look now.

Eagle. 2-0-1.

THDC: 2-0-0.

I want to be there for that match, wherever and whenever it is.

Not official, but here's where I recall all the MoCo Minge Mingers being and who they have left to play:

Eagle: 2-0-1 [THDC, CFree]

THDC: 2-0-0 [Eagle, CFree, GregH]

CFree: 1-0-1 [THDC, Eagle, GregH]

Sully: 1-2-1 [GregH]

Gregh: 0-0-1 [Everyone but Eagle]

Golfer827: 0-3-0 [Eagle and GregH]

Not looking good for me, and it's over for Golfer827. But the other 4 guys could all pull through. Still a lot on the line.

Was typing that when you guys were all posting. I think you're right and Eagle did beat davechen already.

I got housed by the bounce back Eagle. I'm 1-1-1.

Eagle is 3-0-1.

is anybody rocking (or thinking about rocking) a sunbrella on their push cart this year?

you do you buddy. hopefully i'll be there at some point to take pics.

THDC and i have played A match, but not THE match. i've initiated talks.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

I'm not so sure they didn't play their match, and I don't have it recorded. I know eagle beat him in an 18-hole match at Blue Mash earlier this year.

Totally unrelated - is anybody rocking (or thinking about rocking) a sunbrella on their push cart this year? I don't have any dry foot skin cancer scares to motivate me, but it just seems like an easy way to keep the sun off, and keep cool. I'm already out there with a push cart, so what the F do I care about having a sunbrella.

I was looking at them on Amazon the other night. My days of enjoying walking around in 90+ degree heat are waning and I need a shady area to follow me around.

I think I'm just going to get the Clic one, since the handle's made for the cart holder.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Why don't you just use the umbrella you use for rain? I've thought about putting mine up for sun before, but I tan like a f*****g greek god.

That lesson right there is basically a distillation of everything I've been working on for the last two years. It's all about getting a square face and a square path and he attempts to get the student to do through nothing more than changing the student's grip and intent at the ball. . .

Student is swinging 8º to the right.

Crossfield tells him, "ok, now feel like you're swinging left".

Student starts swinging 2º to the right.

Grip and path. That's it. Add in good contact, and that's it. Start working on putting.

The problem is still that you can't get this sort of information without investing $10,000+ in a launch monitor. And you don't feel like you're doing it wrong, as shown there. When I hit a pure fade/slice and it goes in the right rough, how do I know if I came 5 degrees over the top with a slightly open face, or if I hit it right at 0 degrees with a fairly open face? One is a path problem, one is a face problem, but it looks the same (or close enough to the same) to me on the course. I could say that I need to experiment by shutting down the face a bit and check the result, but a closed face is going to give a pull or pull draw, which might look the same for either problem too.

Basically, I know just enough of that stuff that it adds confusion rather than reduces it.

You can get this info from a skypro. Not only the numbers, but the actual path itself.

JULY BETHPAGE TRIP UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

Ok guys here is the plan. I am scheduling the trip to play at Bethpage on Thursday, July 28. Due to the significant interest from you all in playing (approx. 17 people), the logistics are complicated as I spoke to the folks at Bethpage yesterday and they only allow one person to reserve one tee-time per day (whether you do it through their tee-time system or wait in line in the parking lot overnight). With all of that said, here is my suggestions for the trip. Everyone needs to arrange their own foursome, and make plans to either get in the tee-time system (instructions provided below) - allowing you to attempt to reserve a tee-time on Tuesday, July 26 at 7:00pm, or drive to Bethpage on Wednesday and get in line for tickets and spend the night in the car (the first hour of tee-times for the Black Course beginning at 6:00am are reserved for those in line). This may not be a bad idea for those of you interested in playing 36 that day, as you could reserve tee-times on other courses when you arrive on Wednesday.

Instructions for registering for the tee-time system: http://nysparks.com/...trationInfo.pdf

Currently, my foursome includes Eagle, Fabb, and DCMidnight and I will be attempting to get a tee time in the 10am range, as my plan is to drive up on Wednesday stay in a hotel and then come out early Thursday. We can all meet up on the patio on the backside of the clubhouse overlooking the Black for drinks and in person recaps, carnage, etc.

Here are the others who have indicated interest in making the trip in case you want to begin coordinating together (my apologies if I missed anyone):

therealsneak

mtn1414

Kent01putt

Goosehook

baddomes

oldbergkamp

vtnerf

misplacedtexan83

DT15

TerpinTime

pquarta1

davechen

jjcoop7

halcyon

Sorry to put this on everyone to make their own arrangements, but I do not see any other way of making it happen.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sweet Stix. When do you guys plan on returning? Or what did the other guys do last year? Return Thursday night?

That's actually the week before I'm going on vacation, so it kind of stinks. But I've been thinking about leaving a week earlier and just teleworking (staying w/ parents). Bethpage is conveniently about halfway there in terms of drives. I'll probably decide on about July 27th :)

I'm not so sure they didn't play their match, and I don't have it recorded. I know eagle beat him in an 18-hole match at Blue Mash earlier this year.

No.

Read that in the voice I used when Domes asked me if I considered acupuncture.

From the guy that wears buckets in some part to protect from skin cancer? F you, buddy.

JULY BETHPAGE TRIP UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

Ok guys here is the plan. I am scheduling the trip to play at Bethpage on Thursday, July 28. Due to the significant interest from you all in playing (approx. 17 people), the logistics are complicated as I spoke to the folks at Bethpage yesterday and they only allow one person to reserve one tee-time per day (whether you do it through their tee-time system or wait in line in the parking lot overnight). With all of that said, here is my suggestions for the trip. Everyone needs to arrange their own foursome, and make plans to either get in the tee-time system (instructions provided below) - allowing you to attempt to reserve a tee-time on Tuesday, July 26 at 7:00pm, or drive to Bethpage on Wednesday and get in line for tickets and spend the night in the car (the first hour of tee-times for the Black Course beginning at 6:00am are reserved for those in line). This may not be a bad idea for those of you interested in playing 36 that day, as you could reserve tee-times on other courses when you arrive on Wednesday.

Instructions for registering for the tee-time system: http://nysparks.com/...trationInfo.pdf

Currently, my foursome includes Eagle, Fabb, and DCMidnight and I will be attempting to get a tee time in the 10am range, as my plan is to drive up on Wednesday stay in a hotel and then come out early Thursday. We can all meet up on the patio on the backside of the clubhouse overlooking the Black for drinks and in person recaps, carnage, etc.

Here are the others who have indicated interest in making the trip in case you want to begin coordinating together (my apologies if I missed anyone):

therealsneak

mtn1414

Kent01putt

Goosehook

baddomes

oldbergkamp

vtnerf

misplacedtexan83

DT15

TerpinTime

pquarta1

davechen

jjcoop7

halcyon

Sorry to put this on everyone to make their own arrangements, but I do not see any other way of making it happen.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Bummer. That Tuesday is my 30th and my pipeline is closing out construction that week, so I'm about a 1% chance.

If by some divine intervention I can make it, I will reach out to my buddy who lives in LI. He's in the system too.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

No.

From the guy that wears buckets in some part to protect from skin cancer? F you, buddy.

You know, just cuz you call it "rocking" a sunbrella doesn't make it cool.

Like I rock a bucket hat, or I rock Scottish hose or I rock an innie.

You know what the French call a bucket hat : une parapluie mini pour la tete.

Translation : a tiny sunbrella for the head.

Not really.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Actually, I really do wear a bucket, not just "in part" because of skin cancer. . .in large part because of skin cancer.

There's nothing someone could do to protect themselves from the sun that I would consider too dorky. That includes those sleeves, giant safari hats, those hats with the neck flaps. big sunglasses, whatever.

No sunbrella looks as dumb as melanoma.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Sweet Stix. When do you guys plan on returning? Or what did the other guys do last year? Return Thursday night?

That's actually the week before I'm going on vacation, so it kind of stinks. But I've been thinking about leaving a week earlier and just teleworking (staying w/ parents). Bethpage is conveniently about halfway there in terms of drives. I'll probably decide on about July 27th :)

My group is only planning to play the Black and then drive home Thursday evening.

No.

You know, just cuz you call it "rocking" a sunbrella doesn't make it cool.

Like I rock a bucket hat, or I rock Scottish hose or I rock an innie.

You know what the French call a bucket hat : une parapluie mini pour la tete.

Translation : a tiny sunbrella for the head.

Not really.

http://www.instagram.com/p/3wNm42LQ_O/

I got one of those. Bought it to stick on my Mac Pro when the pipes in the ceiling started leaking.

Loaded my round up on game golf. Think it's time to get a driver fitting.

Shots off the tee

4-wood: 238, 231, 251

Driver: 223, 242, 227

That first one I hit with driver was a poor shot, but the other two were pretty solid off the face. Felt like I crushed it on the last one that was 227.

This is why I will never get game golf. I was behind Sully off the tee, and I would not be able to handle seeing those numbers.

It's humbling for sure to figure out the real distances. Though my 231 4-wood was on #2 and you were 20 yards in front of that, so that's solid.

I think most people over-estimate driver distance by 10-20 yards because they are doing it by comparing the length of their approach to the number on the scorecard. But the tees are almost never playing at the full scorecard length. I'd say Waverly Woods is the only course I've noticed that they regularly have the tees at the back of the boxes and playing to the full scorecard length.

serious question: is a sunbrella different from a rain one?

Yes, and no. It's just an umbrella with a UV coating to help block more of the "bad" rays. Obviously, it still blocks rain as well.

Full of chocolate milk

You do know city peed in that, right? I hope you washed it with bleach, and then dish soap... several times over.

Interested in hearing opinions about the change to 18 at Worthington. Where did people lay up to? Did anyone put a ball where the bunker used to be? Easy shot?

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green