MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Double City-navel reflection FTW.

That's knows as Beautegard's Pit.

You should list items for sale with tummy pit shots. Too hot in here.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

Interesting how "The Capital Cup" is perfectly sandwiched between the North Pit and South Pit.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

if there was a 75% challenge (out of oh, let's say 8 balls), what max distance would you feel comfortable going back to? zero chance i go to 150. i'd probably go very conservative and go with 115 or so.

I'd say ~100, and that's probably overly optimistic. I think once you get to a 10+ cap, there is very little distance that you can actually hit 75%. 60 and you skull it, that sort of thing. Hitting 75% from anything over 80 yards is better than the vast majority of golfers could do.

Hot out there today. Played 9 with City and 18 with PQ. I drank 7 or 8 500mL bottles of water and didn't pee until I got home. I shot an 89 that should have been low 80s at worst. And had to sink birdie on 18 to do that. Not hitting driver as well as I'm hitting every other club right now, which cost me on one or two holes. Blew up completely on #16 when I was trying to mess with my swing instead of playing. Missed a lot of 4-6 footers which cost me a lot of strokes. My putt count was high (37 with another 2-3 frutts not included in that), but they mostly felt like good solid contact (with a few exceptions). I feel like I'm hitting it well but I'm not reading the greens great and my speed calibration is completely off after the Monte clinic. If I'm doing that 5 rounds from now I'll be concerned.

City, you missed #10 with Clint. He hit one 30 degrees right and immediately gone. He's about to quit, but goes okay I'll play another. Then he hits another one 30 degrees right and it's immediately gone. He quits and goes home. I think his "2 over" was close enough to legit, but just a really good streak. But I also wasn't paying close attention to anything he was doing.

therealsneak, which house is yours on the 7th hole at Hobbits? I did something disgusting to the lawns on each of them just to be sure. It was a lot of homes and took a lot of effort, but it was worth it.

I was wondering what that weird smell was when I was taking the dog out this morning... Mine is 4th from last off the right rough (and no I did not just pick the location of a random neighbor...)

On yesterday's discussion on going 75% on GIR from a yardage. I feel that if I were hitting the balls in succession that 6/8 would be achievable from 150. I am very comfortable from 150 with my 9 iron and think that I could get in a groove and hit a bunch in a row. Now if I were to drop a ball at 150 every other hole and hit 8 shots then 4/8 would be more realistic (and more representative of the results if I were to track GIR % from 150 in the fairway over 10 rounds or so).

if there was a 75% challenge (out of oh, let's say 8 balls), what max distance would you feel comfortable going back to? zero chance i go to 150. i'd probably go very conservative and go with 115 or so.

I'd say ~100, and that's probably overly optimistic. I think once you get to a 10+ cap, there is very little distance that you can actually hit 75%. 60 and you skull it, that sort of thing. Hitting 75% from anything over 80 yards is better than the vast majority of golfers could do.

Hot out there today. Played 9 with City and 18 with PQ. I drank 7 or 8 500mL bottles of water and didn't pee until I got home. I shot an 89 that should have been low 80s at worst. And had to sink birdie on 18 to do that. Not hitting driver as well as I'm hitting every other club right now, which cost me on one or two holes. Blew up completely on #16 when I was trying to mess with my swing instead of playing. Missed a lot of 4-6 footers which cost me a lot of strokes. My putt count was high (37 with another 2-3 frutts not included in that), but they mostly felt like good solid contact (with a few exceptions). I feel like I'm hitting it well but I'm not reading the greens great and my speed calibration is completely off after the Monte clinic. If I'm doing that 5 rounds from now I'll be concerned.

City, you missed #10 with Clint. He hit one 30 degrees right and immediately gone. He's about to quit, but goes okay I'll play another. Then he hits another one 30 degrees right and it's immediately gone. He quits and goes home. I think his "2 over" was close enough to legit, but just a really good streak. But I also wasn't paying close attention to anything he was doing.

therealsneak, which house is yours on the 7th hole at Hobbits? I did something disgusting to the lawns on each of them just to be sure. It was a lot of homes and took a lot of effort, but it was worth it.

I was wondering what that weird smell was when I was taking the dog out this morning... Mine is 4th from last off the right rough (and no I did not just pick the location of a random neighbor...)

On yesterday's discussion on going 75% on GIR from a yardage. I feel that if I were hitting the balls in succession that 6/8 would be achievable from 150. I am very comfortable from 150 with my 9 iron and think that I could get in a groove and hit a bunch in a row. Now if I were to drop a ball at 150 every other hole and hit 8 shots then 4/8 would be more realistic (and more representative of the results if I were to track GIR % from 150 in the fairway over 10 rounds or so).

Important information you forgot to add:

1. Where is the spare key when you are not at home?

2. Once we are in the door, which way do we walk to the nearest bathroom?

3. What kind of TP is stocked there, as the thread hive mind approved is Charmin I believe.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

Beauregard's Law.

City's pit is deep.

Sully is going to sully TheRealSneak's lawn.

JJ and City are stroking off Halcyan in their 3 way today. That should be entertaining.

Don't fly Southwest if the pilot's name is Clint and he is wearing Crocs and pimp shades.

Cameron Newport, 34"

Further thoughts on just how thoroughly thread hero davechen pwn'ed sully at Clustered Spires.

THDC convinces sully to play a 9-hole match, even though they're playing 18 and have no other matches to get in. THDC then proceeds to dispatch of Sully in said 9-hole match by thrashing him early, and coasting to the finish with some higher scores. Achievement 1, complete. At that point, Sully (12.4 index) gets firing, and posts an 11.4 differential. THDC (17.6) gets into the right lane, and sets the cruise at a nice leisurely pace en route to a 20.6 differential. Sully trends down, and THDC trends up as they head further down the collision course towards a rematch at the TBD Sevens this fall. Achievement 2, complete.

THDC wins.

Further thoughts on just how thoroughly thread hero davechen pwn'ed sully at Clustered Spires.

THDC convinces sully to play a 9-hole match, even though they're playing 18 and have no other matches to get in. THDC then proceeds to dispatch of Sully in said 9-hole match by thrashing him early, and coasting to the finish with some higher scores. Achievement 1, complete. At that point, Sully (12.4 index) gets firing, and posts an 11.4 differential. THDC (17.6) gets into the right lane, and sets the cruise at a nice leisurely pace en route to a 20.6 differential. Sully trends down, and THDC trends up as they head further down the collision course towards a rematch at the TBD Sevens this fall. Achievement 2, complete.

THDC wins.

Cat on a string.

Cameron Newport, 34"

Important information you forgot to add:

1. Where is the spare key when you are not at home?

2. Once we are in the door, which way do we walk to the nearest bathroom?

3. What kind of TP is stocked there, as the thread hive mind approved is Charmin I believe.

1. This is where I hide my key:

bmt-hk-po.jpg

Just keep trying if you don't find it on the first try.

2. Just look for this:

712ba6c6a9b3255027e0115413535122.jpg

3. Charmin and only Charmin.

THDC wins.

Sully is Mileena. Nice touch.

Shot a 89 yesterday which should have been around an 83. We were stuck behind two slow groups - one much slower than the other. On the front I was constantly waiting on every hole, every shot. They had to score a 8 or 9 on every hole - easily. On the front I shot 14 over, lost a tee shot on a par three (number 8) because I tried to get fancy and hit a low cut into the wind. I also three putted 4 greens (three lip outs) and flubbed a few pitches/chips. I was a mental midget and let the slow play and frustration get the best of me.

At hole 11 they finally let us go through. I shot 4 over on the back. I only hit driver once and used 4 irons off the tee on all of the longer holes. Not a single three putt.

From now on I'm going to try playing holes to 150-200 out and eliminate the OB tee shot from the scorecard and see where that gets me. My goal of getting the handicap down to 10 or below is my big focus. Also spend more time chipping and short pitches so I can have more confidence with those shots.

Friendly reminder:

Previous period just ended for CCCP. Remember to put up your best diff from the date range, don't be like me and forget. Get yo' points, y'all.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Golf around Solomon's Island.

Might be going there in September.

Any recommendations? DaGoose? You down there?

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Just out of curiosity, I've been reading a lot about different schools of thought around gripping the club. What do people mean by a short left thumb and how does that fit into gripping the club properly? Apparently this was something Hogan emphasized.

If it feels comfortable, and isn't extreme, stay with your own grip.

No idea what a short left thumb means and none of us are Ben Hogan. IMO not worth losing sleep or range time over.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Just out of curiosity, I've been reading a lot about different schools of thought around gripping the club. What do people mean by a short left thumb and how does that fit into gripping the club properly? Apparently this was something Hogan emphasized.

173947.image0.jpg

I don't know if there's consensus about which one is "correct". I have a very short thumb grip.

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/proshop/features/short_thumb_grip.html

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/317669-grip-short-or-long-thumb/

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Yessir that is my territory, its a little slice of heaven!

Closest golf is Chesapeake Hills which would only be a few minutes up the road from anywhere in Solomons. A little farther away in Chem territory is Breton Bay which is pretty nice, but not as much variety in the layout.

Either way you can't lose. Let me know if your plans get firmed up so I can make sure there is a parade for your arrival.

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

Yessir that is my territory, its a little slice of heaven!

Closest golf is Chesapeake Hills which would only be a few minutes up the road from anywhere in Solomons. A little farther away in Chem territory is Breton Bay which is pretty nice, but not as much variety in the layout.

Either way you can't lose. Let me know if your plans get firmed up so I can make sure there is a parade for your arrival.

I think we're coming down for this. That's the 2015 page, half-updated for 2016. My wife is doing the show.

I'm probably looking to play the 17th and 18th, can drive a little.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

It's quite cavernous.

domes and city should have a cavernous depth of belly button contest. winner is determined by who pulls the most grunge out of there.

my money's on domes.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5