2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Finally went to Ross dress for less scored some black t dubs and lunars.

Can't be under 30 a piece

see any in 10.5?

A few at the Waldorf one. I luck out I was going settle on 9.5 and a worker put out a pair of 9s...score!

Supposedly the Lexington park one had a lot but DaGoose would have to go look for you.

Really? Guess I am making a stop on the way home.

Will gladly look for sizes if y'all tell me what you are looking for.

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

Maybe he is now... But I stood next to him out of college and didn't think he was huge- maybe it's bc he is taller that he doesn't look big- but you get what I'm saying

Of course they were not standing side by side but I've seen tiger up close in that 2000-2005 time and I wouldn't say that Kiko was much bigger. (I'm not talking about height and weight)

I'd say tiger had bigger chest but I'm also not good at staring at and evaluating men's pecs

Added edit - Last post about tiger being big in golf and kiko being small in football is good point

"Excuse me, Professor Brainiac, but I worked in a [gym] for ten years, and I think I know how [PEDs] work."

So, I was in a small 30-person Q&A with Tiger during the inaugural event at Congo. I sat at the table next to him, didn't ask any questions, thought he was smaller than on TV than in person, and actually thought Steve Williams looked bigger (wider, denser, etc) than Tiger.

Sounds like you're professor brainiac

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

I'm always late to the party with these posts, but thanks again to Fabb and City for the guest day invites to Hobbits. Really like that course (even with the fairway irrigation channels) :)

Also enjoyed the match with Goose, City and JJ. Always good guys to have in a group. I played very well on the back nine, though hit a roadblock on the par three 16 with the ball in the far corner of the left trap in between two wedges of sand. Double negated a couple of birds.

i think i said this around the time that tiger was winning the doral by driving the green.

he had that "HGH face."

you might now be asking yourself, what is this "HGH face" you speak of?

kinda hard to explain. somewhat akin to a "lesbian mouth."

basically, you know it when you see it.

for tiger, it was the glassy, bug-eyed stare, the accentuated smile lines and too-tight skin.

of course, i'm just goofing here. no such thing as HGHface or LM. right?

Yeah, no such thing as HGH face, or over-growth of skull bones.

oh, no he didn't just suggest what I think he suggested.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Back then, NYM was "first come, first served". A friend and I wanted to do it and we just sent in our applications the day we got them. Now, you need to get in in a lottery, or join the NYRRC and volunteer/run a bunch of events up there. It changed pretty soon after '97.

Blew my knee out in 2001. Started bike racing. Crashed too much. Started golfing. And that's the story of City.

Marine Corps is like that now too. Used to be you could just sign up - now its a lottery and even then, they take way too many people. For most of the first 2-3 miles it is wall to wall people, most of it you can't even run if you wanted to. Army Ten Miler is even worse - I think they took 40,000 people last year and at parts it was literally shoulder to shoulder.

I would have liked to get into biking more but it was too hard to get long rides in. I ended up driving out to the WOD trail to get some longer rides in but it got to be too much work. And I was too chicken to do long rides on the roads around here.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

i think i said this around the time that tiger was winning the doral by driving the green.

he had that "HGH face."

you might now be asking yourself, what is this "HGH face" you speak of?

kinda hard to explain. somewhat akin to a "lesbian mouth."

basically, you know it when you see it.

for tiger, it was the glassy, bug-eyed stare, the accentuated smile lines and too-tight skin.

of course, i'm just goofing here. no such thing as HGHface or LM. right?

Yeah, no such thing as HGH face, or over-growth of skull bones.

oh, no he didn't just suggest what I think he suggested.

Cal in ten years?

Yesterday was one of the first rounds I've played in quite some time where there was absolutely nothing on the line. We didn't play a match, or any other sort of game. We didn't have anything going on between the groups, either. I really enjoyed the round, but it was kinda weird. I definitely missed having something going on other than just posting a score.

cal's been out of the game for years. he can do whatever the F he wants.

i'd do something in a heartbeat if i thought it'd help my neck/shoulder issue and i had unlimited funds.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

cal's been out of the game for years. he can do whatever the F he wants.

i'd do something in a heartbeat if i thought it'd help my neck/shoulder issue and i had unlimited funds.

If I went to Ross to look for golf shoes and they were selling caseloads of HGH and it could help my bad back - I would load up my trunk with it.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

see any in 10.5?

A few at the Waldorf one. I luck out I was going settle on 9.5 and a worker put out a pair of 9s...score!

Supposedly the Lexington park one had a lot but DaGoose would have to go look for you.

no more size 9s?

The one near me in Greenway Center doesnt have crap.

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Nike VR TW blade/split cavity- 4-PW

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X 

All this time, with all the linebacker, PED and deer antler spray talk, no one brought up THDC calves?

You just signed your own death wish by putting THDC on blast like that.

"Play for blood, remember?"

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

see any in 10.5?

no more size 9s?

The one near me in Greenway Center doesnt have crap.

I'm a bad internet friend. I should posted that while was there and not after.

I'll look next time I'm out there. DaGoose is heading on his way home too

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Back then, NYM was "first come, first served". A friend and I wanted to do it and we just sent in our applications the day we got them. Now, you need to get in in a lottery, or join the NYRRC and volunteer/run a bunch of events up there. It changed pretty soon after '97.

Blew my knee out in 2001. Started bike racing. Crashed too much. Started golfing. And that's the story of City.

Marine Corps is like that now too. Used to be you could just sign up - now its a lottery and even then, they take way too many people. For most of the first 2-3 miles it is wall to wall people, most of it you can't even run if you wanted to. Army Ten Miler is even worse - I think they took 40,000 people last year and at parts it was literally shoulder to shoulder.

I would have liked to get into biking more but it was too hard to get long rides in. I ended up driving out to the WOD trail to get some longer rides in but it got to be too much work. And I was too chicken to do long rides on the roads around here.

I think the first two miles took me 20 minutes that year. It was crazy.

Biking was fun for a while. But, staying in racing shape. . .it's more time consuming than golf. First of all. . .60-90 minutes after work 3/4 times a week. Then, I couldn't drink on Friday night. I'd get up Saturday morning, eat my own breakfast, leave at 8:45. Meet the team at 9. Ride until 1:30, and come home WIPED OUT. Have to nap and eat/drink/recover. I liked it, but it was truly more of a day-killer than golf is.

And, race days were worse. . .I'd drive 90 minutes to Poolesville or some such place. Work your balls off. Maybe get $8 if you came in top 10. Hopefully not crash.

And, when I started letting up on training and getting dropped on group rides, it just wasn't fun anymore.

And, a lot of bike guys are REALLLY DOUCHEY. If you think I'm an equipment reverse-snob with golf, you should have seen it with biking. Nothing I loved more than crushing some dude on a $5000 rig on my $1000 Trek.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

In 1997 I ran the New York Marathon in 3:23. Fairly fast. It was like top 35% for 25-30 year olds.

I felt like a skeleton. I was about about 145 pounds.

My BMI according to the charts was 25. That's some of your walking around weight.

Like I said before. . .it's a silly measure for an individual, but across populations, it has some useful applications. Generally, come on, if you're fat, it's high. If you're not, it's low.

Top 12% for your age bracket. Don't sell yourself short.

I don't know what "Age Grade Performance %" means but this is what I saw:

In 1997 I ran the New York Marathon in 3:23. Fairly fast. It was like top 35% for 25-30 year olds.

My BMI according to the charts was 25. That's some of your walking around weight.

Like I said before. . .it's a silly measure for an individual, but across populations, it has some useful applications. Generally, come on, if you're fat, it's high. If you're not, it's low.

Top 12% for your age bracket. Don't sell yourself short.

I don't know what "Age Grade Performance %" means but this is what I saw:

Weird. I've never seen that page before.

I'll have to tell my mom.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I bet I'm about in the 10th percentile of all golfers, too.

Maybe that's my whole upside. No matter how hard I try at something, I can only get to be better than 90% of all humankind.

I'm actually uncommonly good at one other thing, too. I've been doing it since junior high, takes about 3 minutes on a good day, uses my hands, but it's not what you're thinking.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Maybe that's my whole upside. No matter how hard I try at something, I can only get to be better than 90% of all humankind.

I'm actually uncommonly good at one other thing, too. I've been doing it since junior high, takes about 3 minutes on a good day, uses my hands, but it's not what you're thinking.

I was thinking "flute solo"

That is a ridiculously good time, borderline Boston qualifier? I ran finished three marathons in my mid 30s and never broke 5 hours. Got injured during two and didnt want to quit so I just walked. Mostly I just felt fat and depressed looking at all the other 130-140 pound guys whizzing around. Those days are o-ver.

For my age, Boston qual was 3:10, IIRC.

And, these were the days before detailed training schedules. I just ran a lot and did a lot of speed work. I could do 5 miles at the time at like a 6:20 pace.

Did you talk as much and as loudly when you ran marathons as you do on the course? That would be impressive. Very impressive.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

i'm going to go with an elaborate magic trick.

batman-the-dark-knight-joker-magic-trick.jpg

choice two: some sort of carny unicycle thing.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

That is a ridiculously good time, borderline Boston qualifier? I ran finished three marathons in my mid 30s and never broke 5 hours. Got injured during two and didnt want to quit so I just walked. Mostly I just felt fat and depressed looking at all the other 130-140 pound guys whizzing around. Those days are o-ver.

And, these were the days before detailed training schedules. I just ran a lot and did a lot of speed work. I could do 5 miles at the time at like a 6:20 pace.

Did you talk as much and as loudly when you ran marathons as you do on the course? That would be impressive. Very impressive.

The ongoing narration would be far more boring...

ok, now I'm going with my left foot forward... and stride. Ok, now my right foot forward... and stride. Ok, now my left again... and stride. Back to my right... and stride. Lefty loosey... and stride. Back to righty... and stride.

I think we played with the Jersey version of City this weekend, "Tags" Short for a last name that ends in a vowel. Guy hits it about 45 yards short on a par 3. Chips up to 6 inches. Exclaims "you can't teach talent ladies and gentleman!" Never stopped throwing out little quips. Unlike City, that was his only par on that 9.

I'm always late to the party with these posts, but thanks again to Fabb and City for the guest day invites to Hobbits. Really like that course (even with the fairway irrigation channels) :)

Also enjoyed the match with Goose, City and JJ. Always good guys to have in a group. I played very well on the back nine, though hit a roadblock on the par three 16 with the ball in the far corner of the left trap in between two wedges of sand. Double negated a couple of birds.

I think it's time to start taking offense for not being thanked for the Hobbit's guest invites. My morbidly obese self will crush non-thanking m'fers in the future. Hey, nice round, Hal.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

One marathon. Not plural.

And, running was a very solo activity for me. I was a chatty biker, though.

One time in the middle of a bike race, I bet one of teammates I'd beat him. Very hilly painful race up in Amish country. We're tooling along and I was like, "5 bucks I beat you".

It got a good yuk after the race. I beat him. He claimed he pulled me around.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Rubix cube.

With Vaseline for speedy manipulation.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

I think it's time to start taking offense for not being thanked for the Hobbit's guest invites. My morbidly obese self will crush non-thanking m'fers in the future. Hey, nice round, Hal.

Tex wanted to buy me a beer after the round. I was like, "you were Q's guest".

Goosehook'ed me up with a 6er. It's not really necessary, but totally appreciated. Not trying to make anyone feel they have to do "quid pro quo's". Mostly, the day the grill was open, I was saying it would be a nice gesture if the foursome split the hosts dinner check which would work out to 5/6 bucks a piece. Also, last time, if we were walking, they let us out without hte cart fee. This time, they charged cart fee, but the head pro was there yesterday.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green