MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Internet Superfriends question: Is Rocky Gap worth $130 for one round?

meh. if you're only playing one round on vacation, and this is your only chance to get away to play, yes, it's worth it.

more for the quiet time/morning brews than for the golf.

course is ok, not great, but ok. relatively hard.

bring lots of extra chodes and a high fade.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Internet Superfriends question: Is Rocky Gap worth $130 for one round? Going up there next weekend with the family on a couples retreat. Chances of making 6:50am tee, chances of making 8:10am tee time.

No no no no no no, hell no - its not worth $30. The back 9 is tolerable, the front nine is carved into the side of a mountain.

Sleep in. Enjoy the views. Take the $130 to the blackjack table.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Dave if you play Rocky Gap bring plenty of golf balls.

bring lots of extra chodes and a high fade.

HIVEMIND STRONG THIS AM

kent, you get to be the little spoon, mmmmmmkay?

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Thank you, Superfriends. And DC, I am officially banned from any and all blackjack tables, FOREVER! :bigwhack: Last played at the Borgata and lost 7 hands in a row :WTF: . And my friend who is a blackjack stud said I got Tin Cupped without the last story shot.

I'll stick to craps and the play the Dark Side (insert Darth Vader sitting at end of table, a la Empire, here). Yeah, I'm that guy! And I bet no one could have ever guessed that :pimp:

Inspired by the blowout sale on Nike shoes...

Golf Talk Wednesday : What is your favorite golf shoe of the last 2-3 years?

Probably the Pure 360s.

3116791-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

I can not, for the life of me, find the best combination of spiked and comfortable for walking. All my comfortable shoes are either not spiked (Ecco Biom, Nike Lunar Cypress) or heavy (Pure 360). All my good, spiked shoes (DNA, Icons) just don't fit well enough to allow walking more than 18.

Given how much I like the fit/comfort of the Lunar Cypresses, I might need to look into some of the Nike spiked offerings.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

I'm catching back up on stuff. City, no offense, but I would not have put you as a 3:23 marathoner. That's pretty darn solid.

I've run the Army 10 Miler a handful of times over the last ~8 years, starting from when I was fat and slow, to when I was skinny and fast, and now overweight and slow again. It's am amusing bell curve of about +/- 20 minutes, with times at 7-8 years apart being about the same. Started going back up when I started playing more golf.

CITY NO MAKE FUN OF SHOES DOMES LIKES.

Running wise. . .I ran track as a kid, and played soccer. I always just had good stamina and strong legs, and good pain threshhold. But, when I got to be 13 or so, everyone started running past me. They all got taller. I could never be THAT good because -- back to where this whole thing started -- even at peak performance as a 25 year old, my BMI was like 24. You just can't be a good runner with that kind of build. I was skin and bones, as they say, and was 5'5" 145.

There's a skinny guy across the street from me who used to run, and took it up again recently. He was doing like 37 minute 10k's in a couple months. My age.

Similarly, a couple years back (when I was a golfer, not even a cyclist), I hadn't run in years, and my BIL wanted me to run a 10k in Central Park with him in March(?), April(?). He'd just done the NYT marathon in November (he does it every year now) and was running like 50+ miles a week. In January, or so, I started doing a few runs, testing the knee. I dropped him with like 2k to go and put up like a 50 minute 10k.

My favorite part of the book Lord of the Rings was when Gimli, Legolas, and Aragorn went chasing after the Orcs that had captured Merry & Pippin. This was also in the movie, but much more epic in the book. I always related to the dwarves, and it pi$$es me off to this day that Gimli basically got dropped by Legolas. Like, give the dwarves ONE THING, HRRT. Legolas was faster, and lighter, and could sing, and had better food. Let the dwarves have more stamina at least. The elves can't be higher in every category. Legolas wasn't even scared of the dark.

*JRRT.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

My favorite part of the book Lord of the Rings was when Gimli, Legolas, and Aragorn went chasing after the Orcs that had captured Merry & Pippin. This was also in the movie, but much more epic in the book. I always related to the dwarves, and it pi$$es me off to this day that Gimli basically got dropped by Legolas. Like, give the dwarves ONE THING, HRRT. Legolas was faster, and lighter, and could sing, and had better food. Let the dwarves have more stamina at least. The elves can't be higher in every category. Legolas wasn't even scared of the dark.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Hey, let's not get too carried away with #CityRunning.

Someone around here ran a 10.4 hundo, son, and that's something to spill some ink over.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Hey, let's not get too carried away with #CityRunning.

Someone around here ran a 10.4 hundo, son, and that's something to spill some ink over.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Spikeless question - do folks wear spikeless shoes even in wet conditions or courses with long rough? I'm debating ditching spikes all together. I'm worried about slipping in spikeless shoes given how wet most courses are at 8AM. I already have mesh spikeless shoes but I only wear them for afternoon rounds when courses have dried out. I'm thinking of ditching the spikes for a waterproof pair of spikeless.

Domes, slight correction to your list - these are the lightest shoes.

Legolas was faster, and lighter, and could sing, and had better food. Let the dwarves have more stamina at least. The elves can't be higher in every category. Legolas wasn't even scared of the dark.

legolas was also better with beasts (remember the wrong-hand stirrup grab horse mount? whooooweeeee! or when he slew the oliphant all by himself?), had better vision, and were excellent at camouflage.

dwarves were better at digging, hoarding gold, growing beards, less fruity, and provided better comic relief.

i think they had better names too.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

I tried the original Nike FI Impact spikeless, and it was a failure. I slipped so much in them that it got to the point where I was standing over the ball thinking about slipping. Not good. There seems to be a lot of variations in sole designs for spikeless shoes, so I'm sure there are some out there that would work for me. I don't have any issues with my spiked shoes being uncomfortable though, so I'm not motivated to search for them.

Spikeless question - do folks wear spikeless shoes even in wet conditions or courses with long rough? I'm debating ditching spikes all together. I'm worried about slipping in spikeless shoes given how wet most courses are at 8AM. I already have mesh spikeless shoes but I only wear them for afternoon rounds when courses have dried out. I'm thinking of ditching the spikes for a waterproof pair of spikeless.

I was only referring to shoes I own in my list.

If you're playing in the am, stay away from mesh. The M projects (I had two pair) said they were waterproof, but they definitely weren't. Shoes were soaked through by the time I got to #4 at EPP on the days I wore them. Traction wasn't an issue with those, but the mesh was the big problem.

more hivemind stuff. pretty sure, based on the buying spree of the past 2 days, that these will now be the hivemind shoe of choice.

safe_image.jpg

<stealing boogs line>

it's the golfer version of pokemon go.

colorwise, gotta catch 'em all!

Not only are you trying to steal my joke but then trying to attribute it to someone else...Shame on you...

Favorite shoes: Footjoy DNA 1.0. Got them to replace some trusty DryJoys (the gel heel melted to my sock during a hot walking round). DryJoys were previously the best shoe (6-7 years old)

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

If you're playing in the am, stay away from mesh. The M projects (I had two pair) said they were waterproof, but they definitely weren't. Shoes were soaked through by the time I got to #4 at EPP on the days I wore them. Traction wasn't an issue with those, but the mesh was the big problem.

Yeah I'm not switching to mesh for morning rounds but do people find that spikeless shoes, generally speaking, provide sufficient traction on wet course?

Yeah I'm not switching to mesh for morning rounds but do people find that spikeless shoes, generally speaking, provide sufficient traction on wet course?

The only ones I've ever worn, M Projects, provided sufficient traction

Do you find spiked shoes to be prohibitively uncomfortable, bangass?

The last pair I ever wore were, but that was years ago.

I think that slipping is more a function of golfer than shoe.

I could play in running shoes, or bare feet, and not slip. I just don't torque against the ground very much. Some people do. I don't think one way is right or wrong. Just a function of golfer and swing.

IOW, bangas, go play in running shoes. See if you slip. If you do, you'll probably slip in spikeless.

FWIW, I do slip every now and then, but I used to in spiked shoes, too.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Do you find spiked shoes to be prohibitively uncomfortable, bangass?

Nah but since I walk 90% of the time, I like lighter shoes than the AMP Cells I have. They were fantastic for 3 years as far as keeping me dry but have recently been "leaking". I've walked 36 on multiple occasions in spikes but if everyone said "spikeless traction is just as good" then I'd strongly consider changing if I got the same level of waterproofness. I need new shoes and I don't feel like buying two pairs to A/B test.

This is all separate from my future purchase of spikeless boat shoes.

For $400 that thing better have diamond grooves that will never wear out and a finish that regenerates itself after every use.

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips