MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Man, that sucks guys. I'd be livid if I'd driven 2 hours to meet greens like that. Bad form on their part- even as early as May 1 last year, I remember the Norman course even being in decent shape (minus the poorly draining floodplain areas).

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

BTW --

Thanks to whoever shared the jokey link to the ladies bonnets last week when we were talking about bucket hats.

My facebook feed has looked like this ever since. . .

[attachment=2719731:Capture.JPG]

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

BTW --

Thanks to whoever shared the jokey link to the ladies bonnets last week when we were talking about bucket hats.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

[quote name='TheCityGame' timestamp='1429535936' post='11396857']
BTW --

[/quote]

You're welcome.

BTW - I've had that dumb ad following me around since then too.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

[quote name='TheCityGame' timestamp='1429535936' post='11396857']
BTW --

[/quote]

You're welcome.

BTW - I've had that dumb ad following me around since then too.

Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Ever had one of those rounds where you thought "I'm playing pretty decent" only to add up the score at the end of the round and it be atrocious? That was my round yesterday.

I guess I was getting fooled into thinking I was playing better than I actually was because I would go +1 for three or four holes only to triple the fifth hole. It was either a par or a triple it seemed. Add in three OB shots (two of which were from the tee, none of them were with the driver) and my score spiraled out of control in a hurry! I've gotta start hitting more greens. My GIR% was horrible. My chipping was bad too....either leaving it way short or blasting it by the hole.

The bright spot was the 913D2 with Attas Elements DK was great - drove the ball pretty well and controlled my misses so they didn't hurt me much. Also my old 910F with Speeder 7.0 fairway was great. Why I keep taking it out of the bag I don't know.

Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Ever had one of those rounds where you thought "I'm playing pretty decent" only to add up the score at the end of the round and it be atrocious? That was my round yesterday.

I guess I was getting fooled into thinking I was playing better than I actually was because I would go +1 for three or four holes only to triple the fifth hole. It was either a par or a triple it seemed. Add in three OB shots (two of which were from the tee, none of them were with the driver) and my score spiraled out of control in a hurry! I've gotta start hitting more greens. My GIR% was horrible. My chipping was bad too....either leaving it way short or blasting it by the hole.

The bright spot was the 913D2 with Attas Elements DK was great - drove the ball pretty well and controlled my misses so they didn't hurt me much. Also my old 910F with Speeder 7.0 fairway was great. Why I keep taking it out of the bag I don't know.

Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Played in the MGA opening day scramble on Saturday. Finished in 4:15! Unheard of! We got 3rd.

Missed a 5 footer on 18 and posted 80 on Sunday. Unexciting 8 pars 9 bogeys 1 birdie. My team won front and overall and I won low net individual. I'm riding this gravy train as the handicap goes down, because it's going to get expensive when it stops going down.

In balls news......... :D ............I found a Tour Preferred X on Saturday and used it all 18 holes on Sunday. That thing felt great off the driver. When they're as expensive as ProV1x I'd still choose the Titleist, but something tells me they'll be on sale for like $35 a dozen at some point. I'd probably buy some then.

Played in the MGA opening day scramble on Saturday. Finished in 4:15! Unheard of! We got 3rd.

Missed a 5 footer on 18 and posted 80 on Sunday. Unexciting 8 pars 9 bogeys 1 birdie. My team won front and overall and I won low net individual. I'm riding this gravy train as the handicap goes down, because it's going to get expensive when it stops going down.

In balls news......... :D ............I found a Tour Preferred X on Saturday and used it all 18 holes on Sunday. That thing felt great off the driver. When they're as expensive as ProV1x I'd still choose the Titleist, but something tells me they'll be on sale for like $35 a dozen at some point. I'd probably buy some then.

[quote name='baddomes' timestamp='1429537491' post='11396981']

[/quote]

That's been my ball of choice for the last year, and I love them. I used the same ball for a full 18 Saturday, and the cover was unblemished at then end. WAY more durable than the ProV and they feel amazing off the putter.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

[quote name='baddomes' timestamp='1429537491' post='11396981']

[/quote]

That's been my ball of choice for the last year, and I love them. I used the same ball for a full 18 Saturday, and the cover was unblemished at then end. WAY more durable than the ProV and they feel amazing off the putter.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

[quote name='AbbVT24' timestamp='1429536960' post='11396943']
Shame the conditions weren't better, because it's a real fun course IMO. I played there in September 2013, and the conditions were top notch. The greens were super fast, and smooth.

What was plaguing your game this weekend, city?
[/quote]Nothing serious. Long story short. . .good shots were good. Bad shots were unplayable.

Hooked one on 1 at PR. was playing a "smart" punchout, but lie was horrible (sticks, pine cones, etc.). Advanced it 10 feet, and after the next shot, I was lying 3, 200 yards out. Tried to do too much with a 4-iron and I was steaming. Got behind a tree right, etc. etc. Followed up with a good par and a couple good shots after that. Then, had 100 yards in on the par 5 5th from the rough and I don't know what happened on that shot. Lost it way right. Almost looked like a shank, but it had it's full complement of distance. Didn't check if I had a stick or stone around my lie. Still hit like 9 greens and shot 87.

Yesterday, I hit the ball all right. I hit the first four greens and was +1 going into 5. Hit a good drive on 5, had 250 in. Hit a 4W a little left, but seemed all right. Pulled, not hooked. Eagle even saw it. Get down near the green and it's no where to be found. 4 of us, and a ranger couldn't find it.

But then, next hole, playing into the wind, I hit 2 great shots and I've got 12 feet straight up the hill for bird. DFC short.

Two holes later, I completely screw up the short 5 that Stix eagled and followed that up with 3 straight pars, then like double, par, bogey, par (transcendent sand save), birdie, double (water on 17, then re-teed and almost jarred it. Had 8 feet left.). So, like I said. . .good shots were good. Bad shots were unplayable.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

[quote name='AbbVT24' timestamp='1429536960' post='11396943']
Shame the conditions weren't better, because it's a real fun course IMO. I played there in September 2013, and the conditions were top notch. The greens were super fast, and smooth.

What was plaguing your game this weekend, city?
[/quote]Nothing serious. Long story short. . .good shots were good. Bad shots were unplayable.

Hooked one on 1 at PR. was playing a "smart" punchout, but lie was horrible (sticks, pine cones, etc.). Advanced it 10 feet, and after the next shot, I was lying 3, 200 yards out. Tried to do too much with a 4-iron and I was steaming. Got behind a tree right, etc. etc. Followed up with a good par and a couple good shots after that. Then, had 100 yards in on the par 5 5th from the rough and I don't know what happened on that shot. Lost it way right. Almost looked like a shank, but it had it's full complement of distance. Didn't check if I had a stick or stone around my lie. Still hit like 9 greens and shot 87.

Yesterday, I hit the ball all right. I hit the first four greens and was +1 going into 5. Hit a good drive on 5, had 250 in. Hit a 4W a little left, but seemed all right. Pulled, not hooked. Eagle even saw it. Get down near the green and it's no where to be found. 4 of us, and a ranger couldn't find it.

But then, next hole, playing into the wind, I hit 2 great shots and I've got 12 feet straight up the hill for bird. DFC short.

Two holes later, I completely screw up the short 5 that Stix eagled and followed that up with 3 straight pars, then like double, par, bogey, par (transcendent sand save), birdie, double (water on 17, then re-teed and almost jarred it. Had 8 feet left.). So, like I said. . .good shots were good. Bad shots were unplayable.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Any of you hoarders want right of first refusal on a pair of Mizuno MP T5 wedges?

54/58, DG Tour Issue S400 shafts, bent flat but can easily be set back to std setup. Brand new CL Cords.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Any of you hoarders want right of first refusal on a pair of Mizuno MP T5 wedges?

54/58, DG Tour Issue S400 shafts, bent flat but can easily be set back to std setup. Brand new CL Cords.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

well, i certainly got their attention. got a phone call at 9am sharp. unlike some of the day-of staff, they acknowledged the poor conditions (my email was VERY detailed).

i'm cautiously optimistic about a resolution.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

well, i certainly got their attention. got a phone call at 9am sharp. unlike some of the day-of staff, they acknowledged the poor conditions (my email was VERY detailed).

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1429539165' post='11397127']

[/quote]

#AngryEagle

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Nike VR TW blade/split cavity- 4-PW

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X 

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1429539165' post='11397127']

[/quote]

#AngryEagle

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Nike VR TW blade/split cavity- 4-PW

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X 

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1429539165' post='11397127']well, i certainly got their attention. got a phone call at 9am sharp. unlike some of the day-of staff, they acknowledged the poor conditions (my email was VERY detailed).

i'm cautiously optimistic about a resolution.[/quote]

So the class knows. Yall pick the locations every year for the DC tournament or do you have a deal with multiple places to repeat or both.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about how well yall put on tournaments, etc.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1429539165' post='11397127']well, i certainly got their attention. got a phone call at 9am sharp. unlike some of the day-of staff, they acknowledged the poor conditions (my email was VERY detailed).

i'm cautiously optimistic about a resolution.[/quote]

So the class knows. Yall pick the locations every year for the DC tournament or do you have a deal with multiple places to repeat or both.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about how well yall put on tournaments, etc.

protos F4

Can I have a copy of that email to read? :)

here's how serious it was: i used caps.

giphy.gif

protos F4