MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

5 is a perfect hole for the 4W draw I used to hit. I'm going to have to practice that shot.

Also, might work on 4W draw for some of the Original course. My fade is actually totally playable on holes like O2 and O10, but a draw is preferable.

Woodholme has a hole where you drive over a road but that's a private road. My understanding is that you can't hitnover an actual hole.

City

1 3i

2 3i (why better drivers don't hit driver I don't know)

3 d

4 d

5 who knows

7 d

8 3i

10 3i (I think you have to almost slice a driver to hit it here)

11 d (into 12 fairway usually oops)

12 d

14 3i

15 d

16 3i

17 d

Is all that from tips?

2o a draw helps SO much becxause that hole is hard even after the first shot. 10o you can play a fade off the teee and if you pull it you either hit it over it or if it clatters around the tree never really has trouble.

Yes all from tips. I'm not a great or accurate driver and bogies just don't kill you in Hialeah.

And I'm definitely still sleeping on the fact that John Daly won this weekend with the Vertical Groove driver in the bag.

I can't think of another golfer I dislike so much. I'd root for Rory Sabbatini over him in a "loser has to retire" match. I wish he would just go away forever.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

Can't wait to play Hialeah and hit 14 drivers. Whether I hit 14 FWs, or lose 10 balls, it's gonna tilt 2MT so bad.

Yes. Yes it will.

City can you estimate your heart rate on 7 tee after the walk up the hill after the par 3? I took a break before teeing off last time.

HIGH.

Also, high after walking up hill to 4th fairway.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

DC -- NO.

They moved the tee box so that you will not hit across the road. The guy I played with said something about that's illegal (either golf wise, or in the world). I might have mis-heard him.

Probably mis-heard, and I only say that because I can think of a couple courses offhand where you are teeing off over a road.

Tobacco Road 18 - we didn't even realize it was a road until a truck drove right in front of us.

Caves Valley 10 - Teeing off essentially in the parking lot, right over the neighborhood road.

The Country Club. #15 plays across the driveway into the club.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

Course I play at in Maine has a road running through the center. Only way to get to the clubhouse. You tee off over it on #7, #10, and #12, and play approaches over it on #11 and #18. It's not ideal, but it works. Very land constrained. They've been contemplating buying some other land and buying a new clubhouse on the main road, but in addition to the cost you'd have to renumber all the holes and ruin the flow.

soooo.....golf, eh?

I haven't played in 10 days. getting antsy. Saturday is looking like rain, but I have rain gear, so I'm cool.

Mothers day is the best day of the year to play golf.

Playing today at Hoopler's Gloobin with PQUARTA the THWARTER from SOUTH OF THE BORDER. He's a BAAAAD HOMBRE, folks, and the ALL CAPS gets his BEANS a-jumping and puts the SNAP in his GINGER.

Might be our last time out and he said he was going to take a dump in the cup on hole 10 during out last round. no he didn't.

Leaving for Greenville, SC for a wife's craft show tomorrow and bringing the sticks. Got a couple of rec's from the travel section. PB Dye course about 30 minutes outside of town that's like 40 bucks. Lol @ the socioeconomic status of the South.

Hoping to find some good chicken, grits, and bar-b-q down there.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Anyone seen my golf game? Played 9 at Frederick Golf Club... horrible, just horrible. I'm going to tell myself it's the cow pasture conditions. Pissed me off enough that while I was waiting between 8 and 9, I pulled my 58, dropped random junk balls and hit high 58's into the woods that are between 1, 2, and 9.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

soooo.....golf, eh?

I haven't played in 10 days. getting antsy. Saturday is looking like rain, but I have rain gear, so I'm cool.

Playing today at Hoopler's Gloobin with PQUARTA the THWARTER from SOUTH OF THE BORDER. He's a BAAAAD HOMBRE, folks, and the ALL CAPS gets his BEANS a-jumping and puts the SNAP in his GINGER.

Might be our last time out and he said he was going to take a dump in the cup on hole 10 during out last round. no he didn't.

Leaving for Greenville, SC for a wife's craft show tomorrow and bringing the sticks. Got a couple of rec's from the travel section. PB Dye course about 30 minutes outside of town that's like 40 bucks. Lol @ the socioeconomic status of the South.

C'mon guys, be imaginative for your last round at Hobbit's Glen.

Dress as Gandalf and Gimli and tell the pro shop staff you're looking for Bilbo Baggins.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

This article about why Ill Roy the Curly Boy switched is pretty good.

I really don't know how much he thinks another ball is going to be affected by the wind. . .

"It was windy, blustery and I just struggled at Augusta," McIlroy said. "I remember on the 14th, I pitched an 8-iron 138 [yards] into the wind, and then 15, I hit it way down there off the tee and pitched an 8-iron 192 [yards]. There's nearly a 60-yard gap between a downwind and an into-the-wind shot. At that point I realized I needed to look at my other options to see what else was out there for me.

I find this totally interesting. . .basically, he's saying that he was hitting a 6 iron 185-195.

"I started with a Callaway 6-iron and Titleist ball and it went around 184 yards, and then I hit the same 6-iron with a Callaway ball and it went 3 yards further," McIlroy said. "I was like, 'That works for me.' Then I hit the TaylorMade 6-iron with the TaylorMade ball and it went 7 yards further than that. So I was getting 10 yards extra over the initial 6-iron combination. The TrackMan numbers I was seeing not only with the irons but the woods as well I had never gotten before, so at that point I felt like the decision to join their staff made sense."

Then he says he was carrying 4 irons 235. . .I think he's got a gapping problem.

"With this TP5x, it obviously doesn't spin quite as much as what I had been playing, and I needed something that just launched a little bit higher," said McIlroy, who has finished inside the top 12 in his last four PLAYERS starts after missing the cut in his first three appearances. "I'm carrying the 4-iron 235 yards in the air and the 3-iron 250 yards in the air. It's unreal. And they're launching at 14 or 15 degrees. It's really, really cool. I'm just so excited to put them in play this week because I was going through all the holes where these irons could be a great option off the tee."

He's going to a Spider Tour also.

Also. . .

PGATOUR.COM: I was told you have a 1-iron as well?

McILROY: “It could be one of my favorite clubs. Mind you, it's not a traditional 1-iron. It's a driving iron with probably 16 degrees of loft that I can carry about 290 yards. It just goes forever and could be a great option on tight courses or in the wind. I have a feeling it will get a lot of use.”

One last thing. . .I was reading this FedEx article yesterday and they had this quote from Ill Roy the Curly Boy. . .Ill Roy, who has earned more than $35 million in prize money on the PGA Tour, said professional golfers enjoyed “a certain level of comfort” because of the financial largess of sponsors like FedEx. “But I still don’t think we lack the drive to become the golfers we wanted to be when we were kids,” he added.

Do you think that's a funny thing for a guy to say? Wait. . .who asked you if you "lacked the drive"? I might just find it odd because I sort of think that about Rory. . .like he's just not the grinder that Tiger was and maybe because it seems like he's already been given about 200 million in prizes and endorsements and maybe he's like, "well, I could just grind my Word not allowed off for the next 15 years and turn 'more money than I'll ever need' into 'even more money than I'll ever need' or I could just Wozniacki and Chill for the rest of my 20's."

I just don't find any of these guys who keep popping up into the 1 spot to have the fire that a guy like Tiger had.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

If this is the last round at Hobbits, I hope it's a "Play the Greatest Hits" kind of encore....

Guy in the pro shop tells you you're not going to be able to get 18 in.

THE Slow a** walker tees off as you're driving into the parking lot.

High Schoolers go off the back

Post-round waitress actually tells you to "Go f*** Yourself" when you ask her to put on the golf channel, instead of just implying it.

Am I missing anything?

. . .oh, and by the way. . .in 2016 on all radar'ed drives, Curly Boy averaged 296 carry with his driver.

So, 290 carry with a 1 iron?

Bzzzzt. Thanks for playing.

If this is the last round at Hobbits, I hope it's a "Play the Greatest Hits" kind of encore....

Post-round waitress actually tells you to "Go f*** Yourself" when you ask her to put on the golf channel, instead of just implying it.

Am I missing anything?

Abb not playing with us.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Am I missing anything?

I don't think they hit TheRealSneek's bathroom offer yet- or even taken a leak on his property yet. Time to cross that one of the "to-do" list today.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

soooo.....golf, eh?

C'mon guys, be imaginative for your last round at Hobbit's Glen.

Dress as Gandalf and Gimli and tell the pro shop staff you're looking for Bilbo Baggins.

1os1hi.jpg

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Am I missing anything?

Abb not playing with us.

giphy.gif

Anybody ever shop at Goodwill/thrift stores?

I can count the number of times I've been in a thrift store on one hand with fingers left over.

Anyway....my office is close to a Lowes and a strip mall that has a thrift store. I walked over to Lowe's to get something and decided to stop in the thrift store to see what was in there. Ended up walking out with a Nike golf shirt (that doesn't look worn) and a pair of Adidas golf shorts that still had the tags on them. Spent a total of $20.12.

I'm now afraid I will become one of those people that go to thrift stores multiple times a week searching for a deal.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Anybody ever shop at Goodwill/thrift stores?

80% of my college wardrobe in the summer months above the waist was made up of t-shirts I found at thrift stores.

I had one that said "NRV Gainsharing" and then on the back it said "Cut Costs Not Quality" with a picture of a old scale. I have no idea what any of that meant, but I wore that shirt multiple times a week for probably 5 years.

Am I missing anything?

I don't think they hit TheRealSneek's bathroom offer yet- or even taken a leak on his property yet. Time to cross that one of the "to-do" list today.

We don't live there anymore. Feel free to destroy the bathroom. The new people who live there should get quite a kick out of that.

This article about why Ill Roy the Curly Boy switched is pretty good.

I really don't know how much he thinks another ball is going to be affected by the wind. . .

"It was windy, blustery and I just struggled at Augusta," McIlroy said. "I remember on the 14th, I pitched an 8-iron 138 [yards] into the wind, and then 15, I hit it way down there off the tee and pitched an 8-iron 192 [yards]. There's nearly a 60-yard gap between a downwind and an into-the-wind shot. At that point I realized I needed to look at my other options to see what else was out there for me.

I find this totally interesting. . .basically, he's saying that he was hitting a 6 iron 185-195.

"I started with a Callaway 6-iron and Titleist ball and it went around 184 yards, and then I hit the same 6-iron with a Callaway ball and it went 3 yards further," McIlroy said. "I was like, 'That works for me.' Then I hit the TaylorMade 6-iron with the TaylorMade ball and it went 7 yards further than that. So I was getting 10 yards extra over the initial 6-iron combination. The TrackMan numbers I was seeing not only with the irons but the woods as well I had never gotten before, so at that point I felt like the decision to join their staff made sense."

Then he says he was carrying 4 irons 235. . .I think he's got a gapping problem.

"With this TP5x, it obviously doesn't spin quite as much as what I had been playing, and I needed something that just launched a little bit higher," said McIlroy, who has finished inside the top 12 in his last four PLAYERS starts after missing the cut in his first three appearances. "I'm carrying the 4-iron 235 yards in the air and the 3-iron 250 yards in the air. It's unreal. And they're launching at 14 or 15 degrees. It's really, really cool. I'm just so excited to put them in play this week because I was going through all the holes where these irons could be a great option off the tee."

He's going to a Spider Tour also.

Also. . .

PGATOUR.COM: I was told you have a 1-iron as well?

McILROY: “It could be one of my favorite clubs. Mind you, it's not a traditional 1-iron. It's a driving iron with probably 16 degrees of loft that I can carry about 290 yards. It just goes forever and could be a great option on tight courses or in the wind. I have a feeling it will get a lot of use.”

One last thing. . .I was reading this FedEx article yesterday and they had this quote from Ill Roy the Curly Boy. . .Ill Roy, who has earned more than $35 million in prize money on the PGA Tour, said professional golfers enjoyed “a certain level of comfort” because of the financial largess of sponsors like FedEx. “But I still don’t think we lack the drive to become the golfers we wanted to be when we were kids,” he added.

Do you think that's a funny thing for a guy to say? Wait. . .who asked you if you "lacked the drive"? I might just find it odd because I sort of think that about Rory. . .like he's just not the grinder that Tiger was and maybe because it seems like he's already been given about 200 million in prizes and endorsements and maybe he's like, "well, I could just grind my Word not allowed off for the next 15 years and turn 'more money than I'll ever need' into 'even more money than I'll ever need' or I could just Wozniacki and Chill for the rest of my 20's."

I just don't find any of these guys who keep popping up into the 1 spot to have the fire that a guy like Tiger had.

All I got from this was that I need to buy the new Rory/Taylormade stuff.

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Nike VR TW blade/split cavity- 4-PW

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X 

HEY! I told you guys to watch it with the Rory talk.....I WILL end this internet friendship if it comes to that.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid/ G430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Phantom 5/ProV1X

HEY! I told you guys to watch it with the Rory talk.....I WILL end this internet friendship if it comes to that.

Same....

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Nike VR TW blade/split cavity- 4-PW

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X