2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Guest -vs- Member at Golfwrx. Did you know...

easyyy

Pics of the difference...
I see all the hundreds of guest always on the site and wonder why they don't join? Maybe they are passing by, maybe they think that there is a big hook or something.

To join all you have to do is have an email address!

Did you know that membership here is free?
Did you know that the whole site looks different once you join?
Pictures automatically are visible to the members
Graphics are much improved
Members can see forums that guest cannot.

I thought I would inform the guest that might not be passing by. The one that read a lot. Please join and add a reply, or vote on a poll. We are just a bunch of golfers.

Membership is free and we don't ask you for anything but an Email address to verify that you are real. No spamming and no selling of your info.

We are here for the love of the game, not for the love of $. Join in and be part of WRX.

Thanks,

Richard

What it looks like to a member "LOGGED IN"...

post-1-1177507467-1_thumb.jpg

What it looks like to a guest...

post-1-1177507468-3_thumb.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to say i was just passing through after doing a search on yahoo i found WRX on accident. I read for a week and then joined and it is well worth it. I have been a member for a couple months and NO ONE HAS TRYED TO SELL ME ANYTHING, FORCE ME TO BUY SOMTHING OR SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING, AND NO JUNK E-MAIL. Well woth it no strings attached. Im glad i joined. Thanks for the great sit WRX.

JonnyB

Taylormade M1
Titleist 913F 13*
Mizuno MP-54
Vokey 52 and 56
Piretti Potenza II

is it lots of guests or members viewing and not realizing there not logged on? recently, i've had problems were when i come to the site it doesn't have my name and password stored. i go looking around and don't realize it till i try to post and it takes me to the login screen.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

I just have to say i was just passing through after doing a search on yahoo i found WRX on accident. I read for a week and then joined and it is well worth it. I have been a member for a couple months and NO ONE HAS TRYED TO SELL ME ANYTHING, FORCE ME TO BUY SOMTHING OR SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING, AND NO JUNK E-MAIL. Well woth it no strings attached. Im glad i joined. Thanks for the great sit WRX.

JonnyB

Thanks JonnyB. We dont sell anything as you said. We attempt to stay functioning through banner ads, sposorship support, and recently ClubWRX. We need to keep this community healthy and proud to be a member. We will be fine. Ryan and I have day jobs and the Mods and us do this for the love of the game and the challenge more than anything. If we start jamming our membership with this or that, I think they might run for it. I might if I was. I am here to talk golf and on the way I have fun developing a relationship or many.

is it lots of guests or members viewing and not realizing there not logged on? recently, i've had problems were when i come to the site it doesn't have my name and password stored. i go looking around and don't realize it till i try to post and it takes me to the login screen.

golfernut- I had problems for the fist week after the big change with the layout. Now it is all better. Do you still have problems with the site not remembering you? Do you still have the log in every time?

golfernut- I had problems for the fist week after the big change with the layout. Now it is all better. Do you still have problems with the site not remembering you? Do you still have the log in every time?

past week in a half i've had problems. its very random. i might visit twice and no problems, but that third time it doesn't remember.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

I must admit, I was looking for reviews of clubs... The "other site" required memberships, Golfreview.com got old, and the forums were loaded with flamers and trollers, and I was looking for something new.. Lo and behold, I find this website, and all it's great golf goodness.... I haven't been happier, and don't even bother to check to other site's forums any more. This is the place to be, and I'm glad I was surfing around when I did..

its abit daunting to post something, theres no point joining if your not going to post.

But i think alot of the guest are probably browsing the classifieds

I can see why its daunting to post something. Most people post something, and the first thing they get back is, SEARCH for it first, do a search and quit wasting everyone's time. Its not limited to here, its pretty much every forum on anything and everything. Some people just are not nice and add nothing to a topic by saying SEARCH.

Probably a good majority of the time, those people did search. Its just that they couldn't come up with what they were looking for.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, think before you press add reply. Are you really adding anything to the original poster's experience here? If not, don't post.

TaylorMade Stealth Plus 9* HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.0
TaylorMade M5 14* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0
TaylorMade M5 19* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0
Ping i500 4-UW Recoil 110 F4
Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50.0, 54 ES & 58 ES Recoil 110 F4
Bettinardi Studio Stock 28

past week in a half i've had problems. its very random. i might visit twice and no problems, but that third time it doesn't remember.

Since the new changes I have also continued to have problem with my 2 computers not recognizing me on the site so I just continue to log on. I little inconvenient but no big deal.

Titleist TSR2 10* Hzrdus Red
Titleist TS2 15* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 18* Tensei AV Blue
Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* Basarra HL 
Titleist AP1 718 5-GW 48Tensei Red
Vokey 52.08, 56.10 SM9
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35”
Tiltleist 14 Hybrid
Titleist Pro V1

I always thought of myself as someone that would never join any internet forum for any reason. But I said "what the hey" and joined up here. Next thing I now I've got 500+ posts.

If you're a guest sitting on the fence... join and you will not regret it.

Oh yeah. I regret every minute here. Can't you tell? :russian_roulette:

Sorry to thread jack, but when ever I go on from this computer I still have to log on even though I click remmber me every time.

golfernut,

The first thing I would try is to delete all the cookies associated with this site. For instructions on how to do this look at the following URL under the "How can I delete cookies?" answer section.

http://www.justis.com/support/faq-cookies.html

If that does not work, you may be having a problem with Internet Explorer and how it deals with a full temporary internet files directory. To fix it do this:

1. Quit Internet Explorer and quit any instances of Windows Explorer.

2. In Control Panel , double-click Internet Options.

3. On the General tab, click Delete Cookies under Temporary Internet Files, and then click OK.

4. Click OK.

Scott

I must admit, I was looking for reviews of clubs... The "other site" required memberships, Golfreview.com got old, and the forums were loaded with flamers and trollers, and I was looking for something new.. Lo and behold, I find this website, and all it's great golf goodness.... I haven't been happier, and don't even bother to check to other site's forums any more. This is the place to be, and I'm glad I was surfing around when I did..

Darn...I really love reading stuff like this. It makes the two years I've been a part of the site...the thousands of welcome note's I've sent, the thousands of PM's I've answered and best of all the thousands of friends I've made throughout the world worthwhile. :russian_roulette:

To the guest that may have not taken the moment to sign up and be a full member of GolfWRX so you can see the whole site in it's full glory...."What are you waiting for??? We're not going to bite!" :(

Interesting topic, since I joined like what, a few days ago?? lol Never been in a golf forum before, but many forums on other topics. I have to work on my avator and such, I'm just lazy, thanks for your help pitbull.

Played golf since like birth and I'm very impressed with this site so far. Found it on goggle while searching for info on clubs. Really trying to get back in the groove of playing right now, my dad is very, very involved in selling custom rare clubs, but me being young and stupid, I have run from it for a long time.

Anyone who is a guest like a was a few days ago, lol, its cool, join up.

I contacted Invision and made a slight change on how cookies are handled. It should be better now.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Thanks Ryan.

Being a guest you can see the typed text in most cases, but the best part of the site is the pictures and graphics in my honest opinion IMHO.

Here is what a screen dump looks like for a member vs a guest...

Members can see the avatar, and has a sliding pop out side menu for Navagation. You can disable it. Also the Pics are all up and out to see. No clicking like crazy...

And the Guest cant see the smilies (not shown) or the avatar, and the pics show up as links.

is there any real reason why you need a valid email address to register?

i'm not complaining, but just wondering. i would imagine most guests see it as more of a hassle to register for something when it may or may not be what they were looking for.

Yes there is. By requireing the email address, the member must activate his account through the email we send him/her. It stops the "bad eggs" that might want to say rude comment from saying them. If the bad egg gets banned then they have to get another email to validate and it is to much work for most people.

So in short it is a securities issue as well a password recovery issue as well.

I´m one of them who didn`t have been a member in first place.

Now Iám and it will probebly take some time too figure out the layout of this forum.

Yes Iám member at a another forum,and I sometimes posting there,just becuse that forum is familaire to me.

So I guess when Iàm mors familaire in this forum I`will posting.

Please do. Posting is important and welcome. More the better. I dont know about you but there is nothing worst then posting something and nobody answers.

Welcome and jump in!