Is this a Coach/Instructor Swing real ?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jalby' timestamp='1435417561' post='11844532']Erik Barzeski is an ignorant scoundrel. I disapprove of his very existence. I considered ending it myself on several occasions.......but self-control got the better of me[/quote]
Thank goodness! It wouldn't be as much fun around here with you in prison, Cary.

[quote name='32quattro' timestamp='1435402257' post='11843642']
I am pleased you are showing a Mickelson picture (I am left handed by the way). Can you play as Phil ? No. Can you learn his swing ? No. Is he a model to look at to teach players like me and other's average Joe's ? Not in my opinion. Is he a great role model, an inspiration, a living example of talent ? Yes,not only, he has the best hands in business , [u]able to re-tool the shaft from a crossed position at the top[/u].[u]Capisc ?[/u] Not a swing for averages like you and me, If you try it you will need 3 caddies to find your balls.
[/quote]

Well first, I didn't say you should try to swing like him. But would you really turn down a lesson from him, just because his own swing has some unique elements?

Second, I don't see anything that complicated in Phil's transition. His hand path comes straight down towards a spot a little inside the ball, no complex re-routing needed. And yes, the shaft is a little across the line at the top, but why wouldn't that work for you and me? In fact, it seems David Leadbetter lately has been teaching that that move [i]is[/i] for us average joes.

I think I can be critical on a "method" that is producing the same flaws on students across the USA.A method I wasn't aware of 10 days ago, generating reverse pivot and steep downswing with toe down effect.
[/quote]

What method? You were talking about his swing, not any method. And there isn't any reverse pivot in that swing, either. The teacher in question isn't really even a "method" guy anyway, he seems to be one of those guys who emphasizes that there isn't one "method" that works for everyone.

A video Analyst denigrating those great Coach/Instructors in the business handling top players is really difficult to digest.
[/quote]

When have you seen him denigrating other coaches?

[quote name='Jalby' timestamp='1435417561' post='11844532']
Erik Barzeski is an ignorant scoundrel. I disapprove of his very existence. I considered ending it myself on several occasions.......but self-control got the better of me
[/quote]thats a little extrme. But I do think he is in the wrong career field. It's sad he fails to see this, but all the high caps fail to see this

[quote name='Module Mahoney' timestamp='1435430403' post='11845348']
Erik Barzeski is an ignorant scoundrel. I disapprove of his very existence. I considered ending it myself on several occasions.......but self-control got the better of me
[/quote]thats a little extrme. But I do think he is in the wrong career field. It's sad he fails to see this, but all the high caps fail to see this
[/quote]

Of course. It's Doc Holiday in the film Wyatt Earp- which by the way was far superior to the film Tombstone. He's commenting on Arkansas Dave Rudabaugh

What should your DB buddy do here iteachy, remain in this predicament or straighten his right arm sooner, perhaps ?

[quote name='Jalby' timestamp='1435430762' post='11845376']
[/quote]

Of course. It's Doc Holiday in the film Wyatt Earp- which by the way was far superior to the film Tombstone. He's commenting on Arkansas Dave Rudabaugh

What should your DB buddy do here iteachy, remain in this predicament or straighten his right arm sooner, perhaps ?
[/quote]

Maybe you should post some stills and tell him to do the super secret move instead?

[quote name='BrianB' timestamp='1435428083' post='11845204']
I am pleased you are showing a Mickelson picture (I am left handed by the way). Can you play as Phil ? No. Can you learn his swing ? No. Is he a model to look at to teach players like me and other's average Joe's ? Not in my opinion. Is he a great role model, an inspiration, a living example of talent ? Yes,not only, he has the best hands in business , [u]able to re-tool the shaft from a crossed position at the top[/u].[u]Capisc ?[/u] Not a swing for averages like you and me, If you try it you will need 3 caddies to find your balls.
[/quote]

Well first, I didn't say you should try to swing like him. But would you really turn down a lesson from him, just because his own swing has some unique elements?

Second, I don't see anything that complicated in Phil's transition. His hand path comes straight down towards a spot a little inside the ball, no complex re-routing needed. And yes, the shaft is a little across the line at the top, but why wouldn't that work for you and me? In fact, it seems David Leadbetter lately has been teaching that that move [i]is[/i] for us average joes.

I think I can be critical on a "method" that is producing the same flaws on students across the USA.A method I wasn't aware of 10 days ago, generating reverse pivot and steep downswing with toe down effect.
[/quote]

What method? You were talking about his swing, not any method. And there isn't any reverse pivot in that swing, either. The teacher in question isn't really even a "method" guy anyway, he seems to be one of those guys who emphasizes that there isn't one "method" that works for everyone.

A video Analyst denigrating those great Coach/Instructors in the business handling top players is really difficult to digest.
[/quote]

When have you seen him denigrating other coaches?
[/quote]Of course I would be happy to have a lesson from Lefty, I would be pinching myself for it. Still his swing is a high maintenance one, unique on the incredible ability to use his hands. Bubba has similar hands, another Left handed. Me and all the other's average Joe's need to shallow out to return the shaft in a easier manner, so to speak, repeatable. The club head has to be positioned at impact as OEM has imagined and designed. If average Joe doesn't understand "toe down " is sending the ball right field, I could remind him in a public forum, could I ? If this is happening for 15 of this 'students', would you try to help them ?

I had to check his swing because I was not understanding why so many 'students' where having the same problem. He has not a reverse pivot because he is obviously better than average Joe. The majority of students using his theory/method, head still, weight left as much as you can (office drill) are on reverse pivot. I can't stand watching genuine guys doing the same exact mistake and asking question while the "guru" is telling them to adjust "minutia". can't you see you are sending them RP and in to out , toe down, save the shot by flipping or have a straight push ?

I haven't seen him. I was there reading their stupid comments on the greats. Must be a Church of Golfology, I just wanted to help those guys. I know the effort I had to put on when I started. I was here looking for answers and I found great help on reading, both technical and instructional. On the technical equipment I was there as well but never signed in nor had a look at the instructional.

Cobra Fly Z +
Ping G25 3 wood
Titleist TMB 3 iron
Titleist AP2 710 4-PW
Odyssey 9 X Milled Versa

fujikura pro 60 S
fujikura pro 70 S
modus 125 S

[quote name='Jalby' timestamp='1435430762' post='11845376']
[/quote]

Of course. It's Doc Holiday in the film Wyatt Earp- [b]which by the way was far superior to the film Tombstone[/b]. He's commenting on Arkansas Dave Rudabaugh

[/quote]

Totally discredited at this point.

Bio said:

[color=#b22222]Noone[/color] said the angle is the same. [color=#b22222]Noone[/color] said UD is the only factor. And your vision still sucks.

Well Bio your spelling sucks as it is[color=#b22222] no one[/color] ... [color=#b22222]not noone[/color] and I never said anyone said U.D. is the only factor did I? Also there is no way you can see Hogan's lead wrist in that photo and wishing it won't make it happen even in 2d land...lmao!

And you're giving English lessons about you and you're kettle and pot...how about taking a long look in a mirror...lol!

[quote name='Unteachable' timestamp='1435238937' post='11831952']
I am a nobody and it sounds like we are dealing with an extreme case of butthurt here.
[/quote]

Yep that's what's going on.

I don't know where the hands higher at impact talk originated from but the discussion 32quattro is referring to had to do with the lower body movement on the downswing. He felt the hips don't transfer/slide forward on the downswing with good golfers. I disagreed, Erik disagreed and 32quattro proceeded to act like he's doing in this thread. You can't post incorrect information and expect us to let it go unchallenged.

Just to clear the air once and no more:

32quattro is in Golfwrx.xom since 2013. I behaved as a regular dude, always. I studied, bought staff from websites through Golfwrx.com. Golfwrx.com mad me a better player. Monte's Videos, and the hundreds of interesting articles here, let me be part of this wonderful game. I m not a pretender, I don't follow any cult,dogma.

I am a buddy from down under that had to stop any kind of sport due to a severe injury on my Vulcan 800. I am limping and have no mobility on my right ankle causing limitation on my swing, From there I studied all the greats Players and Coaches and I like talking minutia with advanced ball strikers.Waste of time, I agree, but I like it.

I have no time for any 'Church of Golf' and was my mistake to enter such [size=6]"[/size][size=4] instructional [/size][size=6]" [/size]forum. I have no 3D/4D/Plates or Keys and whatever else to shut other opinions up and I always keep in mind a lesson my mum gave to me a few years ago: respect

Cobra Fly Z +
Ping G25 3 wood
Titleist TMB 3 iron
Titleist AP2 710 4-PW
Odyssey 9 X Milled Versa

fujikura pro 60 S
fujikura pro 70 S
modus 125 S

[quote name='mvmac' timestamp='1435464258' post='11848004']
I am a nobody and it sounds like we are dealing with an extreme case of butthurt here.
[/quote]

I don't know where the hands higher at impact talk originated from but the discussion 32quattro is referring to had to do with the lower body movement on the downswing. He felt the hips don't transfer/slide forward on the downswing with good golfers. I disagreed, Erik disagreed and 32quattro proceeded to act like he's doing in this thread. [b]You can't post incorrect information and expect us to let it go unchallenged.[/b]
[/quote]
Sort of like saying, hey wait a minute.....you might want to reconsider trying to get everyone swinging up at the ball? LMAO. Don't need much extra carry distance up at beautiful Carmel Heights CC do you Mike?

Quattro You're so full of crap it's hilarious! You stated in your first post...."My swing is very sound at the moment and just wondering if there's a better way to do it that I missed."

You make a post that basically is saying that what Eric teaches is no good but you ate it up.... then you say the above.[color=#ff0000]"My swing is very sound at the moment and just wondering if there's a better way to do it that I missed."[/color]

Then you say from an accident you have a severe injury [color=#ff0000]that forced you to stop any kind of sport [/color]and then you say it put limitations on your swing...you know the swing that you said was very sound and a sport that you had to stop due to a severe injury.... oh wait I forgot golf isn't a sport...lol!. I just can't help thinking you're full of it ...but it is hilarious!

Dude just own it you wanted to trash Eric and that's what all this is about nothing more nothing less, all the other stuff is just smoke and mirrors.

Oh yeah and for a guy who is wondering if he missed something and if there is a better way you sure seem to know what that better way is...lmao too funny!

[quote name='florida77' timestamp='1435469697' post='11848316']
Quattro You're so full of crap it's hilarious! You stated in your first post...."My swing is very sound at the moment and just wondering if there's a better way to do it that I missed."

You make a post that basically is saying that what Eric teaches is no good but you ate it up.... then you say the above.[color=#ff0000]"My swing is very sound at the moment and just wondering if there's a better way to do it that I missed."[/color]

Then you say from an accident you have a severe injury [color=#ff0000]that forced you to stop any kind of sport [/color]and then you say it put limitations on your swing...you know the swing that you said was very sound and a sport that you had to stop due to a severe injury.... oh wait I forgot golf isn't a sport...lol!. I just can't help thinking you're full of it ...but it is hilarious!

Dude just own it you wanted to trash Eric and that's what all this is about nothing more nothing less, all the other stuff is just smoke and mirrors.

Oh yeah and for a guy who is wondering if he missed something and if there is a better way you sure seem to know what that better way is...lmao too funny!
[/quote]I though you were still sleeping. Hi florida77 , nice to meet you. I apologise for my English grammar to you upfront.
Yes, my swing is very sound.
"A better way to do it that I missed" is obviously referred to this method proposed by this Coach/Teacher that generates a toe down effect in the majority of high - mid handicap students and I never heard of before.
"but you ate it up" sorry, i don't understand what do you mean
Ankle surgery, I can't run no more or bend my shin toward my ankle
I was a professional footballer and a high ranked amateur tennis player. I used to weight 25 kilos less than now. I can't even go on a bike !
Golf is the best Sport in the World to me , I apologise to you if you got offended.
A mean is a public video of a Coach/Teacher, he has a good posture as well. I think his swing is what he is promoting and just wanted to share 'different' opinions. What's your opinion on the toe down effect ?

Cobra Fly Z +
Ping G25 3 wood
Titleist TMB 3 iron
Titleist AP2 710 4-PW
Odyssey 9 X Milled Versa

fujikura pro 60 S
fujikura pro 70 S
modus 125 S

[b] [url="http://www.tutelman.com/golf/shafts/ShaftLab3.php"]http://www.tutelman....s/ShaftLab3.php[/url][/b]

[b] 7) At impact, everybody has bend leading and toe-down[/b]

[color=#ff0000]Certainly all the pros in the sample did[/color]. And I have never seen a ShaftLab trace that showed anything but lead at impact -- and, of course, toe down bend (commonly called "toe droop"). And Weathers' article states that, in the TrueTemper study,[i] "Nearly all players, including pros, contact the ball with the shaft in the lead position."[/i]

[i]Anything else Quattro? or is that all? Dude keep it real![/i]

7) At impact, everybody has bend leading and toe-down

Certainly all the pros in the sample did. And I have never seen a ShaftLab trace that showed anything but lead at impact -- and, of course, toe down bend (commonly called "toe droop"). And Weathers' article states that, in the TrueTemper study, "Nearly all players, including pros, contact the ball with the shaft in the lead position."

Anything else Quattro? or is that all? Dude keep it real!

Basic staff, not complicate to understand, unless you are purposely messing up. I am referring to those students in the OP coming steep on downswing and hitting pushes and you are showing me shaft lean on pros.....Did you already mentioned "the water is wet " ? Maybe you need some pictures :

iron_lie_comp.jpg

If at impact the shaft is too much upright for any reason, the club head could result too flat as well. The ball will go to the r _ _ _ t

MLAT.jpg

You can make yourself a tool like this one and experiment a little bit. You will discover that even with a forward lean a too upright shaft will generate a lower ball going to the r _ _ _ t

Cobra Fly Z +
Ping G25 3 wood
Titleist TMB 3 iron
Titleist AP2 710 4-PW
Odyssey 9 X Milled Versa

fujikura pro 60 S
fujikura pro 70 S
modus 125 S

Really Quattro give it up you're really reaching now. I believe you asked about the toe down effect...now it's all this^^^. Dude I'm a professional clubmaker I think I know a bit more than you seem to think. It's called a lie angle tool...geeez! And by the way the ball won't just go to the right and stay right it all depends on other impact factors..You better learn about face and path and aoa etc, etc.

Hilarious it took you how long to come up with this lame attempt. Dude don't ask a question then later say oh I was referring to blah, blah , blah. No one here is a mind reader.LMAO!

You're full of it and it's obvious, oh I got a serious injury and I gave up sports but not golf and my swing is great but I'm mad at Eric because he disagreed with me so now I'm going to Golfwrx and start a thread about how i'm so abused...blah, blah, blah. I guess that just about sums it up right "quattro"

Anything else you want to complain about? Maybe I could draw you a picture so you could understand what I'm saying.

[quote name='florida77' timestamp='1435482418' post='11848544']
Really Quattro give it up you're really reaching now. I believe you asked about the toe down effect...now it's all this^^^. Dude I'm a professional clubmaker I think I know a bit more than you seem to think. It's called a lie angle tool...geeez! And by the way the ball won't just go to the right and stay right it all depends on other impact factors..You better learn about face and path and aoa etc, etc.

Hilarious it took you how long to come up with this lame attempt. Dude don't ask a question then later say oh I was referring to blah, blah , blah. No one here is a mind reader.LMAO!

You're full of it and it's obvious, oh I got a serious injury and I gave up sports but not golf and my swing is great but I'm mad at Eric because he disagreed with me so now I'm going to Golfwrx and start a thread about how i'm so abused...blah, blah, blah. I guess that just about sums it up right "quattro"

Anything else you want to complain about?
[/quote]Based on your previous posts, I thought you were a stand up comedian, Ray.
So do you buy from Golfworks as well ? I love my Maltby shaft extractor. I don't like messing up on other's ones threads , and if you are a professional club maker , well done to you.
Unfortunately Winnipeg is to far for me, but I am sure plenty of members here are using your services. On D plane and all the rest we could meet in another thread.
Don't you think ?

Cobra Fly Z +
Ping G25 3 wood
Titleist TMB 3 iron
Titleist AP2 710 4-PW
Odyssey 9 X Milled Versa

fujikura pro 60 S
fujikura pro 70 S
modus 125 S

[quote name='Sally Mae' timestamp='1435485830' post='11848606']
[quote name='mvmac' timestamp='1435464258' post='11848004']
[/quote]

I don't know where the hands higher at impact talk originated from but the discussion 32quattro is referring to had to do with the lower body movement on the downswing. He felt the hips don't transfer/slide forward on the downswing with good golfers. I disagreed, Erik disagreed and 32quattro proceeded to act like he's doing in this thread. You can't post incorrect information and expect us to let it go unchallenged.
[/quote]

Also,

If you go back through the original thread that you are referring to on your own site, the guy tried to DIRECTLY correlate the jacked up pivot action that you espouse with wrist conditions at impact. This is what your MASTER, the expert, had to say:

[attachment=2827106:image.jpg]

[attachment=2827108:image.jpg]
[/quote]

Cary,

The problem is you never explain anything.

[quote name='Sally Mae' timestamp='1435493317' post='11848812']
[quote name='TB07' timestamp='1435493144' post='11848804']
Really? Can you explain how you prefer the lower body to move in the swing? Without posting a picture of rocks or golf balls? actually explain it with words.
[/quote]

Yes
[/quote]

But only for three easy payments.......

[quote name='Module Mahoney' timestamp='1435493920' post='11848832']
As a summary it would be advised to just avoid TST.It's not an open discussion forum but more their method/system/rules. This isn't a butt hurt thread more like a public warning. Nothing fun at all on there strictly a marketing golf machine
[/quote]Why didn't you advice me 10 days ago. Looked like North Korea to me.

Cobra Fly Z +
Ping G25 3 wood
Titleist TMB 3 iron
Titleist AP2 710 4-PW
Odyssey 9 X Milled Versa

fujikura pro 60 S
fujikura pro 70 S
modus 125 S

[quote name='gwlee7' timestamp='1435493837' post='11848824']
[quote name='Sally Mae' timestamp='1435493317' post='11848812']
[quote name='TB07' timestamp='1435493144' post='11848804']
Really? Can you explain how you prefer the lower body to move in the swing? Without posting a picture of rocks or golf balls? actually explain it with words.
[/quote]

Yes
[/quote]

But only for three easy payments.......
[/quote]

It's odd sales strategy. You have to give before you can get.

[quote name='32quattro' timestamp='1435449135' post='11846762']
Me and all the other's average Joe's need to shallow out to return the shaft in a easier manner, so to speak, repeatable. The club head has to be positioned at impact as OEM has imagined and designed. If average Joe doesn't understand "toe down " is sending the ball right field, I could remind him in a public forum, could I ? If this is happening for 15 of this 'students', would you try to help them ?
[/quote]

But none of those OEM are designing irons with a lie angle of 50 degrees, the angle you are suggesting the club should be delivered at. In the screenshoot in your initial post, it appears Eric's club shaft is at an angle of 61 degrees (according to my protractor), which happens to be about the standard lie angle for a 5-iron. So the toe isn't down then, is it?

And who are these 15 students? Why haven't I seen any of their complaints?

• 2 weeks later...