2016 Honda LPGA Thailand

AKL Kiwi

I know Q Baek is not a top player and had some struggles in her rookie year but gosh dang it, that swing. Can't get enough.

I'm not luvin Q Baek's swing...looks like she's getting stuck and trying to save what seems like a bunch of push shoves....especially with her driver.

Figures. Guess I suck so bad at golf I don't even know how to watch it right. :huh:

Ok Putt...

Take us into your MR22Putt Konica Minolta Swingvision Biz Hub Sponsored by Labatts and share what's wrong with this swing...

https://www.youtube....h?v=pxjyfJ2l16Y

See...even with an iron....Q is fanning a shot to the right.

In my expert opinion....she's not stay down through impact long enough...and it only a fraction.

Oh wait...I can't be an expert....I can't bomb my drives 330 yards, I play GI irons and I'm not a club ho. :taunt: ...so what the heck do I know.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Q Baek is not a top player and had some struggles in her rookie year but gosh dang it, that swing. Can't get enough.

I'm not luvin Q Baek's swing...looks like she's getting stuck and trying to save what seems like a bunch of push shoves....especially with her driver.

Figures. Guess I suck so bad at golf I don't even know how to watch it right. :huh:

Ok Putt...

Take us into your MR22Putt Konica Minolta Swingvision Biz Hub Sponsored by Labatts and share what's wrong with this swing...

In my expert opinion....she's not stay down through impact long enough...and it only a fraction.

Oh wait...I can't be an expert....I can't bomb my drives 330 yards, I play GI irons and I'm not a club ho. :taunt: ...so what the heck do I know.

Kostis is safe for another week.

You're a much better player than me but that swing would save me a few shots.

Last year at Kia, Xi Yu just finished her round and was walking behind her playing partner ( white player, I think it was Korda, can't remember exactly ) to the scoring tent. A little white girl jumped out and asked for autograph. It was pretty obvious that the little girl was only interested in Korda's. But Xi Yu stopped and waited patiently anyway, just in case.

As expected the little girl snubbed Xi Yu and she just continued on, no big deal. I suppose this is part of the life of a low rank pro. #seewhyitisdifferent

Hmmm...classic Merican racism....they start young.

Come to Van City/Asia Central and you'll see the opposite.

In 2012 at the CN CWO.....the galleries were huge.....the Asian pros were getting swarmed by autograph seekers leaving the putting green ......while the mid/low ranked white gals walked by unscathed by autograph seekers.

Van City is the closest thing to the Asia Swing the LPGA pros will experience east of the Pacific Ocean.

KoreaTown is literally a long par 5 away from the western boundary of the Vancouver Golf Club.

I spoke with Xi Lu last year...but obviously...she's gonna give one of her countrymen some luvin. :taunt:

A nice young lady.

This reminds me....do you remember a couple/few years ago at the Walmart....SNaP was handing out a U of Ark pig head hat.

A cute Asian boy was asking for the hat...he never crossed over the ropes...he was closest to Lewis and was the obvious choice to hand over the hat....yet Stacy reached over the boy's head and gave the hat to a white girl.

The look on the boy's face was priceless..."huh...did that just happen" :cry:

Much to my surprise....Stacy is popular with the middle age Asian female fans here in Vancouver....many would run over to chase Stacy down for an autograph.

I would love to see Haru go back-to-back

Great interview with Xi Yu, I would love to see her win as well

Last year at Kia, Xi Yu just finished her round and was walking behind her playing partner ( white player, I think it was Korda, can't remember exactly ) to the scoring tent. A little white girl jumped out and asked for autograph. It was pretty obvious that the little girl was only interested in Korda's. But Xi Yu stopped and waited patiently anyway, just in case.

As expected the little girl snubbed Xi Yu and she just continued on, no big deal. I suppose this is part of the life of a low rank pro. #seewhyitisdifferent

Wow, that makes my heart sink for Xi Yu. There's no way of knowing what was in the little girl's mind; maybe Korda was her favorite golfer in the world regardless of background, and the girl's only goal was to get her favorite golfer's autograph. Who knows? And maybe the reverse would happen in China, too, and what would we read into that? I just don't know. But what I do know is that I really like Xi Yu...she seems like a great person as well as a great golfer.

Obviously, sometimes our behaviors can outwardly seem different than the actual intentions behind them. When I was a kid my family traveled to watch the Hawaiian Open each year for many years. One year, for some reason my dad and I were at the hotel right next to the course. We were just walking along when my dad said, "Hey look, there's Jack Nicklaus!" I then walked over to get Jack's autograph...when I got within about 10 feet of him time stood still for me; I lost all sense of, well, everything, and couldn't even speak to say thank you. I was actually speechless, and could barely walk to walk away! So, hey, outwardly I was kinda rude and didn't even say thanks, but inside I was in such awe of Jack that all control and common sense left me. I was a kid. And Jack could have been standing next to a man with 5 heads and 12 arms and I wouldn't have noticed.

Or, that little kid was a horrible racist. Putt knows

BTW, I remember another amusing moment from those Hawaiian Open years... Dan Pohl was a big hitter in those days; we joined his gallery somewhere on the back 9 to at least watch him hit a drive or two. What we didn't realize was that he was in a big argument with his caddie. Apparently the caddie had had enough right when we walked up...we arrived to see them say a few final choice words to each other on the tee box, then the caddie dropped the bag and walked away.

Looking forward to round 3 in Thailand!!

TSR3 9° tensei blue 65

TSR2 3w 15°, TSi2 3h 18° tensei blue

MP-20 hmb 4i, MP-20 mmc 5-9i modus 105

T20 46°, T22 50°, SM8 56°s dynamic gold

Super Select Newport 2 34.5" pingman

4.5 LS 4-way

Ok Putt...

Wow, that makes my heart sink for Xi Yu. There's no way of knowing what was in the little girl's mind; maybe Korda was her favorite golfer in the world regardless of background, and the girl's only goal was to get her favorite golfer's autograph. Who knows? And maybe the reverse would happen in China, too, and what would we read into that? I just don't know. But what I do know is that I really like Xi Yu...she seems like a great person as well as a great golfer.

Obviously, sometimes our behaviors can outwardly seem different than the actual intentions behind them. When I was a kid my family traveled to watch the Hawaiian Open each year for many years. One year, for some reason my dad and I were at the hotel right next to the course. We were just walking along when my dad said, "Hey look, there's Jack Nicklaus!" I then walked over to get Jack's autograph...when I got within about 10 feet of him time stood still for me; I lost all sense of, well, everything, and couldn't even speak to say thank you. I was actually speechless, and could barely walk to walk away! So, hey, outwardly I was kinda rude and didn't even say thanks, but inside I was in such awe of Jack that all control and common sense left me. I was a kid. And Jack could have been standing next to a man with 5 heads and 12 arms and I wouldn't have noticed.

I guess my post didn't come out right.

All I am trying to say is Xi Yu is such a sweet and gracious young lady that even though she was almost certain that she was going to be snubbed by the little girl, she didn't want to risk potentially disappointing her. Basically she waited to get snubbed.

The little girl was no older than 10, I doubt the kid is a "racist". It is just natural that a little girl would look up to someone attractive, a star player and "of her own kind". The way you see little white girls congregate around Paula Creamer.

:taunt: far too mant tangents on player behavior to even get started here

You are Kevin Na and you are with Rickie Fowler, a 10 year old white kid is running towards you with a pen and a hat. You think the kid would want you to sign after he is done with Rickie ?

Apples and oranges. I referred to player behavior, not fan behavior

Is Lexi using a new driver this week?

I noticed it last night....but could not determine which of the new model she's playing....I also think Lexi is playing a new shaft.

I have always noticed that Lexi's ball takes off and then kinda seems to then just fall out of the sky...that's why sometimes you see a smaller pro out drive Lexi when they nut a drive....e.g.) I've seen Stacy out drive Lexi a few times.

This is why I'm surprised Lexi played the Bio Cell for such a long time vs. upgrading to one of Cobra's newer low spin heads.

Lexi has also played the S3 Forged irons for such a long time....I've not been able to determine if she's changed/upgraded irons too....as stated before....she switched from a Callaway to a Bridgestone ball...likely a money decision.

I think Lexi has stopped closing her eyes...last night she seems to follow the ball to the hole with her face/eyes.

All I am trying to say is Xi Yu is such a sweet and gracious young lady that even though she was almost certain that she was going to be snubbed by the little girl, she didn't want to risk potentially disappointing her. Basically she waited to get snubbed.

The little girl was no older than 10, I doubt the kid is a "racist". It is just natural that a little girl would look up to someone attractive, a star player and "of her own kind". The way you see little white girls congregate around Paula Creamer.

Your post came out just fine.

You're not the one who brought racism into it.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#ff8c00][b]Cobra Bio Cell+[/b][/color]
[color=#000080][b]Adams A12 Pro 16, 20, 23[/b][/color]
[b][color=#696969]Ping G20, 5-SW, C-Taper stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#ff0000][b]TM xft wedge 64[/b][/color]
[b][color="#000000"]Scotty Futura X[/color][/b][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]ProV1x[/b][/font]

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing that story.

I guess my comments were influenced by Putt's comments...he likes to throw around that racism label and I'm not a big fan of it. I know he's just having fun but it is an extremely harsh thing to say.

TSR3 9° tensei blue 65

4.5 LS 4-way

We were just walking along when my dad said, "Hey look, there's Jack Nicklaus!" I then walked over to get Jack's autograph...when I got within about 10 feet of him time stood still for me; I lost all sense of, well, everything, and couldn't even speak to say thank you.

Long ago I saw Jack arriving in the parking lot at Glen Abbey....so I race over to get Jack's autograph.

I had always seen on TV and I thought that Angelo was one of the classier loops...he wore a gold Rolex.

So Jack signs my program....then I see Jack hand Angelo his gold Rolex to wear while he prepares to play golf that day.

I was so letdown to see Angelo was only a 'poser'. :taunt:

Hmmmm.....so how do you explain Muni "Lily" He's fandom for the Pink Diva?....Muni doesn't look too much like a white girl to me....lol. :taunt:

FYI...for those unfamiliar of Muni .....she grabbed a bit of attention last year at the USWO.

https://www.youtube....h?v=IWYeASjw-bE

I guess my comments were influenced by Putt's comments...he likes to throw around that racism label and I'm not a big fan of it. I know he's just having fun but it is an extremely harsh thing to say.

OK guys.....my sarcasm is too obvious to take seriously. :taunt:

2231 of my 2232 'likes' are derived from my very poor wit.

:taunt: far too mant tangents on player behavior to even get started here

You are Kevin Na and you are with Rickie Fowler, a 10 year old white kid is running towards you with a pen and a hat. You think the kid would want you to sign after he is done with Rickie ?

Kids tend to get those large rubber golf balls signed or flags. They try to get everyone they can even if they don't know who the player is. Now if it's a Puma hat I doubt they will want to add ANYONE besides Rickie to it. At the Bridgestone, I saw kids not getting Dustin Johnson because they wanted to get Rickie instead.

OK....back to our regular scheduled programming.

So how many think the 2016 Asian win streak will continue?.....of the current top 14 leaders....there are only 3 non Asians....and blonde to be exact.....Lexi, Jesse and Pernilla.

Hmmmm....I can even name the last brunette winner....I'll have to cheat and go to www.lpga.com.....ok...I looked back to 2015....no help....no brunette winners....anyone care to provide an answer?

Is Lexi using a new driver this week?

I noticed it last night....but could not determine which of the new model she's playing....I also think Lexi is playing a new shaft.

I have always noticed that Lexi's ball takes off and then kinda seems to then just fall out of the sky...that's why sometimes you see a smaller pro out drive Lexi when they nut a drive....e.g.) I've seen Stacy out drive Lexi a few times.

This is why I'm surprised Lexi played the Bio Cell for such a long time vs. upgrading to one of Cobra's newer low spin heads.

Lexi has also played the S3 Forged irons for such a long time....I've not been able to determine if she's changed/upgraded irons too....as stated before....she switched from a Callaway to a Bridgestone ball...likely a money decision.

I think Lexi has stopped closing her eyes...last night she seems to follow the ball to the hole with her face/eyes.

I couldn't tell, but it looked like the King F6 or F6+.

I thought her old driver was the Amp, not the Bio Cell?

Kids tend to get those large rubber golf balls signed or flags.

I've yet to see a LPGA event selling the large rubber golf balls...a missed merchandise opportunity...considering how easy it is to get LPGA pro's autographs.

It's kinda sad to see the kids just hanging out at a PGA tour driving range for hours just to hope and pray to get autographs vs. going out to the course to watch some action.

But what I really hate to see is adults pushing a kid aside to get an autograph...such a dbag move.

Kids tend to get those large rubber golf balls signed or flags.

I've yet to see a LPGA event selling the large rubber golf balls...a missed merchandise opportunity...considering how easy it is to get LPGA pro's autographs.

It's kinda sad to see the kids just hanging out at a PGA tour driving range for hours just to hope and pray to get autographs vs. going out to the course to watch some action.

But what I really hate to see is adults pushing a kid aside to get an autograph...such a dbag move.

It is a missed opportunity. I see them everywhere at PGA events. The range is great though. You can sit in one spot and watch a bunch of players hitting full shots and actually follow the ball. It can be tough to do that on the course.

It is a missed opportunity. I see them everywhere at PGA events.

The range is great though. You can sit in one spot and watch a bunch of players hitting full shots and actually follow the ball. It can be tough to do that on the course.

I attended the 2010 USSO....it was late....around 8pm.....i saw 6 kids seeking autographs at the clubhouse...they maybe had 4 autographs on their balls...the parents were so mad they spend all this money to buy the balls only to to have some of the senators refuse to give them an autograph.

I told the parents to attend an LPGA event....the balls would be full within a couple of hours especially at a practice rd.

Yes....I enjoy the range....but at Chambers Bay last year....the corner where autograph seekers camped out was in a blind spot at the range and hard to see anyone hit balls.

Hmmmm...good to see In Gee surging and getting air time....I hope she becomes a fan fav in Merica....an unassuming, classy and appreciative pro.

She was injured in the fall.

I think WINbee's back issues are still lingering.

Unlike yesterday...the putts are dropping today.

Q Baek is wiping her shots.....I kinda wonder how happy she is playing the LPGA tour...she's young....maybe home sick?

I saw her on her last hole before missing the cut at the CP CWO...she looked so sad.

Hopefully some of the older Koreans are taking her under their wings.

Hmmmm...good to see In Gee surging and getting air time....I hope she becomes a fan fav in Merica....an unassuming, classy and appreciative pro.

She was injured in the fall.

I think WINbee's back issues are still lingering.

Unlike yesterday...the putts are dropping today.

Q Baek is wiping her shots.....I kinda wonder how happy she is playing the LPGA tour...she's young....maybe home sick?

I saw her on her last hole before missing the cut at the CP CWO...she looked so sad.

Hopefully some of the older Koreans are taking her under their wings.

In Gee is majestic

I never get enough of watching Inbee putt; I hope she'll be fine soon. The last thing she needs is back problems

TSR3 9° tensei blue 65

4.5 LS 4-way

Well it looks like Lexi is making everything she looks at.

And even the ones she's not looking at!

That was some display from Lexi today, 64 Thursday and 64 on Saturday, wow, just wow... Here's hoping she can hold it together Sunday.

Nice to see HYP hold it together today, she had a great round going yesterday as well until late stumbles, not so today.