2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Confessions 12 --- Exploding Heads

Conrad1953

Hi guys,

Computer down and out of commission for over a week.

jb,

I still have my early 1990's Wilson 1200 GE (system 45) set. The metal driver head is more comparable to the size of a woman's fist than my own. I believe it's at ~200-250 cc, steel shafted at 44". The face is, at the highest (center) point, 1 3/8", and 3" at the widest heel/toe. The sole, from face to back reads 2 5/8".

Whenever my "gamer" decides to snooz on the job, I'll take them both to the range, hit 25-30 balls with the Wilson, then alternate every five shots.

So ya, hitting a smaller head, brings the concentration (along with tempo, etc.) level up quite a few notches, IMHO.

I totally buy into this concept. A lot of other sports do similar things. In soccer my coach would bring out toddler size soccer balls and we would work on foot drills. Then he would bring out lacross nets and we'd play mini games with them. Makes foot work and shooting at a goal much harder. Baseball does the same thing with skinnier bats and really small baseballs. In fact those same miniature baseballs are the size of golf balls, and are way more impact resistant than those plastic practice golf balls you get at wal-mart. So if you use them, go to an actual sporting goods store and look in the baseball section. The maker of them sells them as baseball and golf ball trainers lol, but the main focus with them is on baseball.

To me the idea behind hitting a golf ball with a smaller club head does the same thing. Improves eye hand coordination (and yes I believe that it is necessary to have eye hand coordination in golf). It would also improve concentration and focus. I don't think it will help with your swing, which is probably were a lot of folks say the PSP fails. I don't think every swing trainer should/is designed to help you with your swing.

I will say if you want a cheap alternative to the ultimate swing trainer, go get some resistant training bands. That is all it is, with a golf grip on one end. I spent about 30 bucks for a 20 and 30 pound resistant band to work out when I travel, and the thing works just like the ultimate swing trainer. Just put it in the door and do the 4 free videos on youtube that demonstrate the ultimate swing trainer. All that thing is, is a resistant band, and my guess is somewhere between 20-50 pounds of resistance.

I like to go to the range a day or two after a great round and re-hit the shots that contributed to lost strokes.

Speaking of, Ninja will be happy to hear I'm buying a low bounce 56. When I find the right one. 60 degree low spinner gone wrong, haha.

Good luck with that one. The lowest I think you'll find may be with Wilson PMP wedges. You'd have to get like a 58 in the lowest bounce and bend it to 56 (I think that is how Wilson does it).

I use a 58 over a 60. It seems far more versatile to me, especially in bunkers, but not when the sand is wet!!!!!! I've been tempted to get a a Vockey 60 with 4 degrees of bounce and have it bent to 58 degree just so I have a really low bounce wedge...

I confess I was pulling for Lefty, but it was Stenson's day. Epic final round duel.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Ninja--- I have a MD friend of mine I play golf with some he is a fellow member at my club. Now he is a brilliant heart surgeon and needless to say has a brilliant mind. Now he just took up golf a couple of years ago for relaxation. Now he studied up on the game and with his mind it stores and retains information like a sponge.He asked me to help him even though he knows I do not profess to be a golf instructor. As he put it he likes my grass roots approach to playing the game. I knew his problem all along too much info. I got him to quit watching instruction on the GC and when he gets golf magazines he is not to read them but put them directly in his reception room for his patients. I told him if my ticker kicks out and he is working on me I want all the information he has amassed when and if he has to work on me but on the course I want that brain turned off over the ball period. He plays for relaxation any how he likes being a regular old Joe on the course and he even dips tobacco the same kind I do for that matter. Love his general attitude on the course he says after all he is just a regular old guy loves the game. Now before working with me he struggled to break 100 from the mid tees. Now he does shoot in the high 80s and is happy because he hits some good shots during a round and that is all he cares about. He does not really care about the score. He also loves trick shots after he saw me do the left handed thing with a wedge on the toe one day. I also taught him the belly wedge trick from the fringe. Now he never belts balls because it is not fun to him and as he puts it he does not want to be that good. For a man of his talent and stature he is really a non prentintous guy. He plays an old set of Eye2s some patient gave him and a Nike driver 3 wood and 3 hybrid he bought on sale at our pro shop, never cleans his clubs and uses no covers. His office staff did get together last Christmas and bought him a Ping S series sand wedge. He cracks me up he buys those colored Wilson balls in the 48 count brick at Wal Mart and plays those. You would think a guy of his statue would drive the latest Mercedes or such hell no not him he drives a 10 year old sorta beat up Tahoe. My personal MD who has been a doctor for 30 years says that he is one of the best if not the best heart doctors he has ever seen period.

Main thing is I got him to stop thinking so much on the course and let his mind relax for important things like heart surgery and while on the course "Just hit the fricking ball" and have fun

The ideal swing thought is simply the shot you envision. Focus on the result, not the mechanics.

Registered Bladeocrat

I think I may ditch the low bounce 56 concept until I have a little more disposable cash. I'm going to experiment with bending my 52 degree two more degrees weak and dropping the 56. Our conditions are so tight right now, and our sand is always wet, so, the low bounce 60 is the majority of my shots. This will also allow me to put the 5 iron back in the bag, which is crucial.

So, a little aside, hopefully some of you will find some humor...

14 clubs - right? Putter, driver, obvious. 2 down.

3 wood also not going anywhere. I hit it off the tee, off the deck. It's a Nike with the adjustable loft so it's opened up a bit to get more height off the deck. Great club I'm very confident hitting. So, 3 down. That's where it ends.

From the top, I have a 18 degree, 5W, 21 hybrid, and 24 hybrid. Depending on where I grip it and the move I make I feel I can hit that 5W nearly as far as my 3W, the 21 degree hybrid nearly as far as the 5W, etc. - I'd call the gapping 230 with the 3W, 215 with the 5W, 200 with the 21 degree, and 185 with the 24 degree.

So, recently, I've been carrying 4 wedges and dropped my 5 iron at 27 degrees and run a 31 degree 6 iron up through the 60 The trouble is that from that 185 hybrid I have a 20 yard gap to 165 for the 6 iron. Here's the tricky part, if I want the 5 iron back as my true 175 club, then I get rid of a wedge or either the 21 degree hybrid or 5W.

Gaps on the wedges are 80 yards for the 60, 95 yards for the 56, 105 for the 52, and 112 or so for a full PW. So, I'm jam packed with options up there too.

I think I'm going to play this week with a half set to get over some of this type of grinding. I might tweak lofts on the MP-60 set to make a 50 degree PW, add the 5 iron back in and drop the gap wedge.

Ridiculous the options here, but I think Bobby Jones got it correct when he ran the USGA and went to 14 clubs. You don't need any more, but you would carry them if you could.

I hit the low bounce 52 bent to 54 on the driving range yesterday, and I like the gaps without a 52 okay. I'll get it on the course tonight or tomorrow to really see how it works out.

I try not to think about it out on the course, but I do usually keep track of FIRs, GIRs, and putts. I used to put them into a spreadsheet journal, but quit. The GHIN app has a record of your scores, I guess that's enough for now.

Hammer--- Insurance came through and the Church got a brand new Behringer board just like the old one. We made some changes. The Youth Minister is a drummer like you are and is pretty good with super tuning that board. In fact he has the App on his smart phone and had been super tuning it during the services. In fact they did the new installation. Between him , the sound man for the band and yours truly we have it sounding better than the old board with the same speakers.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

Hammer--- Insurance came through and the Church got a brand new Behringer board just like the old one. We made some changes. The Youth Minister is a drummer like you are and is pretty good with super tuning that board. In fact he has the App on his smart phone and had been super tuning it during the services. In fact they did the new installation. Between him , the sound man for the band and yours truly we have it sounding better than the old board with the same speakers.

Hammer?

Where you at?

Miss your input.

Sweet!! Glad the insurance pulled through for you guys too! Isn't technology pretty amazing, I've kinda been outta the scene for the last few years for obvious reasons haha, but I'm sure smart phone apps are being developed that can totally help with the overall tuning of the sound board. My Bass player/ sound tech buddy had this program that would play "white noise" from the speakers, I'm guessing at different frequencies, and there was this special mic that was set up at the board that would pick up the white noise and balance the EQ. Pretty amazing stuff. Maybe that's how that app works, minus the white noise. It links to the board, listens to the sound through the phone mic and makes slight adjustments. Anyways, glad your Church has a new board, and y'all are sounding sweeter than before!

Hammer?

Where you at?

Miss your input.

I've been hanging around, kinda. Been working on my fitness, and golf swing A LOT lately, and spending less time online. I love all you guys so it's nothing personal, it's just my days here (on house arrest still.......) are the same, day after day. SOMEDAY, when I'm a free man I'll have much more to add, especially when I start golfing again :) Hope all is well out your way Friend! Cheers :D

Hammer?

Where you at?

Miss your input.

I've been hanging around, kinda. Been working on my fitness, and golf swing A LOT lately, and spending less time online. I love all you guys so it's nothing personal, it's just my days here (on house arrest still.......) are the same, day after day. SOMEDAY, when I'm a free man I'll have much more to add, especially when I start golfing again :) Hope all is well out your way Friend! Cheers :D

HAMMER!!!!!

Hey buddy! :wave:

Thought I'd share a couple swing videos with you guys. The first one is my "old" swing, the second is my current swing.

Things I've changed or worked on between old and new;

1. Address posture, more space for my arms and hands

2. Less arm overrun, aka. shorter swing

3. More hip turn in the backswing, I'm still working on this one lol

4. Better hip and chest rotation through impact, my impact position is MUCH better now. This helped 2 things, I had slight early extension through impact/ and was kinda flippy with the hands. Also I had A LOT of lateral motion forward in the downswing. Now, I turn more instead of slide. Constant work in progress though.

I figure since I have nothing but time here I might as well do what I can. Once I go to the range again I can work on just hitting the effingham ball to the target without thinking about my swing at all. (cool)

New Swing

Sweet!! Glad the insurance pulled through for you guys too! Isn't technology pretty amazing, I've kinda been outta the scene for the last few years for obvious reasons haha, but I'm sure smart phone apps are being developed that can totally help with the overall tuning of the sound board. My Bass player/ sound tech buddy had this program that would play "white noise" from the speakers, I'm guessing at different frequencies, and there was this special mic that was set up at the board that would pick up the white noise and balance the EQ. Pretty amazing stuff. Maybe that's how that app works, minus the white noise. It links to the board, listens to the sound through the phone mic and makes slight adjustments. Anyways, glad your Church has a new board, and y'all are sounding sweeter than before!

LOL in sound circles that deal is called making an end run. But that is one way to do it. On the smart phone thing he has been having the app to adjust his monitors and the lead guitar player whose wife sings lead has also had that app even with the old board. I let them fine tune it in my own way I tell them what it needs sorta like a race car driver telling the pit crew what the car is or is not doing during a race. It is working good kinda a redneck old schooler working with the whiz bang tech kids and somehow it works of course we know the Good Lord has his imput too

Hammer?

Where you at?

Miss your input.

HAMMER!!!!!

I'm back Brah!! I was just lurking in the Grille, so you Rad "hooked up" aye!!! NICE! One day I'll tee it up with you guys :)

Ham Man like the tempo smooth as a set of flushed blades--- !!!!!!!!!

LOL in sound circles that deal is called making an end run. But that is one way to do it. On the smart phone thing he has been having the app to adjust his monitors and the lead guitar player whose wife sings lead has also had that app even with the old board. I let them fine tune it in my own way I tell them what it needs sorta like a race car driver telling the pit crew what the car is or is not doing during a race. It is working good kinda a redneck old schooler working with the whiz bang tech kids and somehow it works of course we know the Good Lord has his imput too

Nice! Sounds like a good system. Good thing you all are on the same page, giving control of monitor levels can be bad news in the hands of certain musicians LOL. Potentially feedback city hahaha

Ham Man like the tempo smooth as a set of flushed blades--- !!!!!!!!!

Thank you Stu! I've always had that lazy swing, I'm just glad that when I shortened it my swing didn't get quick. Funny thing is because my swing is shorter it feels quick but on camera it's still smooth LOL so praise the Lord!!!

Hammer?

Where you at?

Miss your input.

HAMMER!!!!!

I'm back Brah!! I was just lurking in the Grille, so you Rad "hooked up" aye!!! NICE! One day I'll tee it up with you guys :)

That'd be cool!

I can see the improvements with the new swing. Less moving parts and creating room. Right on, brah! Both swings look good because you have a great athletic and dynamic motion. The new one will suit you better from what I see. Nice rhythm and tempo, sir.

Looking fit as a fiddle, too!

I'm still liking the DBD. It launches high for me but seems to carry. The high launch is partly my swing. After watching the Web.Com guys when they were here, I don't worry about the higher launch. A lot of their trajectories are high....some even higher than mine. Lol.

Good to hear from you, bromeister!

I confess I was pulling for Lefty, but it was Stenson's day. Epic final round duel.

I was too even though early in the week I made a dumb Word not allowed bet that he would not make the cut. Someone asked me if I wanted him over Stinson and I did not do it (wisely for once) Kinda like every fricking time I bet on DJ he has a meltdown or choke down--- That is why I have quit betting on golf---for now. Of course Phil did choke just got beat and I am still in awe 65 on the last day of a Major and Stinson throws a 63 at him WOW!

I think I may ditch the low bounce 56 concept until I have a little more disposable cash. I'm going to experiment with bending my 52 degree two more degrees weak and dropping the 56. Our conditions are so tight right now, and our sand is always wet, so, the low bounce 60 is the majority of my shots. This will also allow me to put the 5 iron back in the bag, which is crucial.

So, a little aside, hopefully some of you will find some humor...

14 clubs - right? Putter, driver, obvious. 2 down.

3 wood also not going anywhere. I hit it off the tee, off the deck. It's a Nike with the adjustable loft so it's opened up a bit to get more height off the deck. Great club I'm very confident hitting. So, 3 down. That's where it ends.

From the top, I have a 18 degree, 5W, 21 hybrid, and 24 hybrid. Depending on where I grip it and the move I make I feel I can hit that 5W nearly as far as my 3W, the 21 degree hybrid nearly as far as the 5W, etc. - I'd call the gapping 230 with the 3W, 215 with the 5W, 200 with the 21 degree, and 185 with the 24 degree.

So, recently, I've been carrying 4 wedges and dropped my 5 iron at 27 degrees and run a 31 degree 6 iron up through the 60 The trouble is that from that 185 hybrid I have a 20 yard gap to 165 for the 6 iron. Here's the tricky part, if I want the 5 iron back as my true 175 club, then I get rid of a wedge or either the 21 degree hybrid or 5W.

Gaps on the wedges are 80 yards for the 60, 95 yards for the 56, 105 for the 52, and 112 or so for a full PW. So, I'm jam packed with options up there too.

I think I'm going to play this week with a half set to get over some of this type of grinding. I might tweak lofts on the MP-60 set to make a 50 degree PW, add the 5 iron back in and drop the gap wedge.

Ridiculous the options here, but I think Bobby Jones got it correct when he ran the USGA and went to 14 clubs. You don't need any more, but you would carry them if you could.

Shoot those old hustlers there is no telling how many clubs they carried back in the day. I mean you think the OGA is bad these guys played by their own rules what ever the game at the time was. I saw some of the righty players carry 1 or 2 lefty clubs. Some of those guys carried 25 clubs. All of them had those old staff bags I mean those huge ones. I remember one of the guys quipped one day that with two certain players the cart was over it's weight capacity already without the two players on it. LOL one guy was allowed to tee it up anywhere including hazards. He had a wood craftsman make him some "custom" tees some were 10 inches long he carried his big "assortment" in the garmet pouch in his huge Walter Hagen Staff bag which was huge in those days

That'd be cool!

I can see the improvements with the new swing. Less moving parts and creating room. Right on, brah! Both swings look good because you have a great athletic and dynamic motion. The new one will suit you better from what I see. Nice rhythm and tempo, sir.

Looking fit as a fiddle, too!

I'm still liking the DBD. It launches high for me but seems to carry. The high launch is partly my swing. After watching the Web.Com guys when they were here, I don't worry about the higher launch. A lot of their trajectories are high....some even higher than mine. Lol.

Good to hear from you, bromeister!

Thanks Brochacho! No matter what the changes are I'm always trying to make sure I still feel as natural as possible. I appreciate the kind words, and I will keep working on it for sure. I've been working out a lot too LOL I don't think I've ever been in better shape to honest. As for the DBD, I'm glad your still loving it. I absolutely can't wait to hit that thing! I would still like a heavier shaft, but I'll give that Rogue a go and see if I at least like it. If not the old trusty Diamana Whiteboard is going in until I can afford to get something newer. As for high ball flights, you and me both Bro. I'm hoping that DBD can help me bring it down a notch. Also I hope the swing changes don't make a short knocker, my old swing got me some really really good distance. Of course my consistency wasn't what I wanted hence making the changes. I guess I'll find out when I get back out there, I always swing hard anyway LOL , and yes.....that swing vid is me swinging hard LOL

Thought I'd share a couple swing videos with you guys. The first one is my "old" swing, the second is my current swing.

4. Better hip and chest rotation through impact, my impact position is MUCH better now. This helped 2 things, I had slight early extension through impact/ and was kinda flippy with the hands. Also I had A LOT of lateral motion forward in the downswing. Now, I turn more instead of slide. Constant work in progress though.

I figure since I have nothing but time here I might as well do what I can. Once I go to the range again I can work on just hitting the effingham ball to the target without thinking about my swing at all. (cool)

New Swing

Both swings look good to me. I can see that your finishing position in your old swing ends more targetward but in both swings your head and the center of your swing (the point between your shoulders) do not move from the top to impact. And that "balanced orbital downswing plane" that I talked about earlier is near perfect in both swings too. You have a VERY efficient swing because of that alone. You swing the weight of the club and your arms around the body in near perfect balance such that there is little wasted energy. Then you add your drummer's rhythm to help your tempo on top of that action and you have all the right ingredients of a repeatable and powerful swing. I say both swings are fine and that you may get more raw power from your old swing and you may make more consistent contact with your new one. Take your pick.

Also have you ever thought about buying and hitting those foam practice balls? They hardly go anywhere and at least you will get an idea of the sidespin your swing creates.

Registered Bladeocrat

New Swing

Both swings look good to me. I can see that your finishing position in your old swing ends more targetward but in both swings your head and the center of your swing (the point between your shoulders) do not move from the top to impact. And that "balanced orbital downswing plane" that I talked about earlier is near perfect in both swings too. You have a VERY efficient swing because of that alone. You swing the weight of the club and your arms around the body in near perfect balance such that there is little wasted energy. Then you add your drummer's rhythm to help your tempo on top of that action and you have all the right ingredients of a repeatable and powerful swing. I say both swings are fine and that you may get more raw power from your old swing and you may make more consistent contact with your new one. Take your pick.

Also have you ever thought about buying and hitting those foam practice balls? They hardly go anywhere and at least you will get an idea of the sidespin your swing creates.

Thanks NinJahRastafari! Control was why I changed my swing, hoping that because I'm much stronger now that can help me keep the speed up. Thank you for the kind and reassuring words! I do have foam balls but they go too far, I just use it to do this half swing drill. I use dirt to see if I hit the center LOL. I know from the video my clubface is open at impact, but I'm sure I can fix that once I hit some real f'n golf balls someday! I have been able to "sneak" up to my Aunts on weekends and hit 50 yard pitch shots to a small bucket. I'm actually making some too hahaha. :D Interesting thing is with my driver I do swing longer, I make it to parallel, at least the club doesn't go past anymore though. I can't help wanting to smash the sh*t outta the ball with a driver lol.

Hoping you and Mrs Ninja are well! Someday we'll tee it up, I'll definitely be in Seattle when this is over at least to visit if not move permanently. Visit for sure, so I'll have to head down to see you and Mattskeee. Also maybe Master Dan will be down and perhaps the Scotee too. Someday, I'm almost at 2 1/2 years of house confinement :mellow:

New Swing

Thanks NinJahRastafari! Control was why I changed my swing, hoping that because I'm much stronger now that can help me keep the speed up. Thank you for the kind and reassuring words! I do have foam balls but they go too far, I just use it to do this half swing drill. I use dirt to see if I hit the center LOL. I know from the video my clubface is open at impact, but I'm sure I can fix that once I hit some real f'n golf balls someday! I have been able to "sneak" up to my Aunts on weekends and hit 50 yard pitch shots to a small bucket. I'm actually making some too hahaha. :D Interesting thing is with my driver I do swing longer, I make it to parallel, at least the club doesn't go past anymore though. I can't help wanting to smash the sh*t outta the ball with a driver lol.

Hoping you and Mrs Ninja are well! Someday we'll tee it up, I'll definitely be in Seattle when this is over at least to visit if not move permanently. Visit for sure, so I'll have to head down to see you and Mattskeee. Also maybe Master Dan will be down and perhaps the Scotee too. Someday, I'm almost at 2 1/2 years of house confinement :mellow:

Bruffalo Soldier I call 'em like I see 'em. And that old swing of yours looks more like your 'authentic swing' (to quote The Legend of Bagger Vance). It just looks more natural.

Absolutely we are playing when you are in the PNW! I can get up to Seattle as well. I'm pretty sure Maestro dan360 lives somewhere in the boonies between here and there, so likely we can all three play. And hopefully scoteef and MJ can make it too. Plus I could maybe get spud3 to play and a couple of other WRXers in the area.

Registered Bladeocrat

Went out and stunk it up yesterday fellas. It was my first round of "business golf." I was hitting the ball okay, pretty easy pars for the first 5 holes then I 3-putted and fell to pieces. The other guys weren't playing very well and I think it wore on me. Had some physical fatigue going too. I got a men's club tourney on Sunday and am hoping for some redemption. MUST NOT BE MENTAL MIDGET. :)

Glad to see you back, Hambone.

New swing is looking solid. You'd be proud, I actually went to the gym yesterday morning for the first time in a few weeks. Quit smoking the ciggy treats a few days ago as I had gotten into a little of a habit. Actually thinking of running over and picking up some Skoal bandits before this meeting. Haha.

Went out and stunk it up yesterday fellas. It was my first round of "business golf." I was hitting the ball okay, pretty easy pars for the first 5 holes then I 3-putted and fell to pieces. The other guys weren't playing very well and I think it wore on me. Had some physical fatigue going too. I got a men's club tourney on Sunday and am hoping for some redemption. MUST NOT BE MENTAL MIDGET. :)

Glad to see you back, Hambone.

New swing is looking solid. You'd be proud, I actually went to the gym yesterday morning for the first time in a few weeks. Quit smoking the ciggy treats a few days ago as I had gotten into a little of a habit. Actually thinking of running over and picking up some Skoal bandits before this meeting. Haha.

No worries about the bad round, it happens.

Hope your Tourney went well today!!! Also, keep going to the gym. Cardio, light weight full body circuit training and of course static and dynamic stretching. Stay away from the cigs if you can. It's been 3 years since I quit now, best thing I've ever done for my health and wallet.

Thanks for the kind words about the swing, no be completely honest with everyone here, I'm not worried about my upper body too much, just trying to get my leg and hip work better is all. I have a feeling these changes will end up being great once I'm on the course. Time will tell.

Member/Member Tourney went pretty well. Modified Chapman format meant alternating shots after the drive and then a scramble after the second shot. I played with a 15 index and we went one under gross for a net 61 which was just out of the money. I hit the ball pretty solidly, putting him into pretty good position all day and hammering a lot of long approaches. Basically felt like playing from the tips. I won the driving accuracy contest dropping one center cut, 20 bucks of pro shop credit or so.

Going to work on establishing a better fitness routine this week. My wife and I did a 15 mile bike ride on Saturday and I actually went to the range twice some how (morning and evening). Although the heat kind of got to me. I woke up with left quadricep spasms and cramping. Almost brought me to tears. Worst pain I've experienced in awhile.