2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Confessions 12 --- Exploding Heads

Conrad1953

BTW Halebopp I was wondering if you were a native Finn or an expat. Also how is the golf over there?

I am a native and I'm feeling restless as the ground is covered with snow at the moment. It should get warmer by the end of the month so there's a slight chance of getting a couple of more rounds in this year. It would certainly ease the wait for the Masters as it is usually the same week or the week before the courses open over here. Usually I'm content to put the clubs away for the winter when the courses close but this time around I feel like I still have some good rounds and shots in me.

I had to ask because you write like English is your native language. My knowledge of all things Finnish stops at Teemu Selanne and I imagine a land of hot blonde women.

I feel for you golfers that stop during the winter. I would probably build a home hitting stall and net if I couldn't golf during the winter. LOL that and my WRX hours would go up an order of magnitude.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

A loud knock at the door at about 9:30 this morning signaled the arrival of the Miura CB's.

At first glance, the heads are in excellent shape, and that's my only "deal breaker" expectation. Ironically nearly all Miuras are custom built, but that almost makes them more difficult to buy used. These for example had been "cleaned" of all shaft labels. They're obviously satin finish KBS shafts, but who's to say that they are C Taper Lites in Stiff other than taking the seller's word for it.

I always feel that by the time I get a great deal on clubs they have been traded or bought and sold a few times and perhaps some of the specs have been lost. I'd have a very difficult time believing the last set was Nippon SPO Stiff. I might play around with hardstepping those or the set of R300 / S200 pulls I have in the basement.

I guess it's time to buy that swingweight scale and epoxy dispenser. I must admit that I've liked dropping them off at the shop and letting them sweat over the details. Gluing in tip weights and turning down ferrules is a new skill to me and I don't like playing with a set that is built by an amateur even if it's me!

I had to ask because you write like English is your native language. My knowledge of all things Finnish stops at Teemu Selanne and I imagine a land of hot blonde women.

I feel for you golfers that stop during the winter. I would probably build a home hitting stall and net if I couldn't golf during the winter. LOL that and my WRX hours would go up an order of magnitude.

Thanks, I do appreciate your compliment!

My English skills have a lot to do with hockey as I collected NHL cards as a kid and bought NHL yearbooks annually etc. Playing video games like the original Civilization and other strategy games also helped a lot. I was building barracks, granaries, aqueducts and whatnot into cities when I wouldn't have known what they were even if I had known their names in Finnish. :D

You most probably know some other Finnish things like Nokia and Angry Birds. Wilson Sporting Goods is also owned by a Finnish company.

As for the hot blondes, you must be thinking of our western neighbours, the Swedes and Norwegians (even though the latter are actually our northern neighbours).

To some extent I actually appreciate some time away from golf but six months is too much. Being able to play all year round might lead to a loss of interest in the game but I guess voluntary breaks would take care of it or you'd settle for the weekend rounds with an occasional weekday round thrown in there. With no requirements to be at home, I can easily play 3-4 rounds a week from mid May to early September.. The real problem is losing your touch though, I'm not a fan of hitting in a dome or on a simulator, I might do it a couple of times a year. Oh and the WRX doesn't really help. When I was more of a lurker I actually stayed away from this place as I didn't want to think about the game and how much I missed it. :D

Once the season starts you actually get a playable swing quite quickly but my whole game starts to come together in August. Short game goes down the drain every winter. As an example I stopped counting my holed chip shots one year after holing 25+ times but combining the years after that, I haven't holed as many as I did that one year. The next year I was hitting these amazing, accurate, low bullet wedge shots that would hop and stop very violently but I haven't been able to get it back over the past couple of years.

Now I got my chipping back together and I've tried to make notes of my swing etc. but I doubt it'll carry over to 2017. When you can't repeat a certain feeling the next day after figuring out, it probably won't work six months later even if you have it written down on a piece of paper. :D

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

Halebopp, I was a big fan of Civ2, Alpha Centauri, and the ultimate best ever Civ game: Civ4. LOL I can see how the game complexity and presentation drove your English skills. The Civ series and its derivatives is one of the best game designs ever. LMAO you think "just one more turn" as you play until midnight and then the next thing you know is the sun is coming up and you haven't slept yet. I still play Civ4.

And NHL for the Super Nintendo ('95) is how I know Teemu Selanne. I love hockey through playing as a kid and through the video games. My NHL league knowledge comes from the video games and not the sport itself. And Teemu was awesome to play when I played as the Ducks. He had a wicked slap shot and could handle the puck.

It's always nice to meet an international WRXer and fellow gamer.

And yes, golf off time just kills your short game the most.

Registered Bladeocrat

I hung out with some Finnish folks when I was in Europe. They were intelligent and fun loving. If you've never heard anyone speak Finnish you're missing out. Danes, Norwegians, and Swedes can all understand each other for the most part, and the Fins can understand them, too. But no one but the Fins can understand Finnish. Haha.

Decided that I should go out and hit these clubs even though I'm not feeling great, just in case the shafts are so far off that I need to send them back. When I unboxed them in the living room I felt like the heads looked to be bent to very odd lie and/or loft, but I didn't say anything on here because I didn't trust my intuition. The PW is 5.5 degrees upright. Wow. This is exactly the kind of thing I was referring to in the last post. I don't see any club builder with a Miura account doing that. I was a bit surprised to find my last set seemed to be soft-stepped twice and 3 or 4 inches over standard. This set is 1/2" shorter than what I cut the last ones although who is to say which is closer to "standard."

I have had a long seated theory that most folks have no idea how out of wack their sets could be. I think you guys have gotten used to the fact that I'm into gear, but don't think it really "helps" that much. Just hurts when it's wacked. 6 upright is wacked. Now I'm curious to see if it's consistent in the set. Surprised me that I've been playing standard lie. I thought I was still one down, but probably adjusted after that Monte video lesson and I started getting taller at address. I should probably go 1 up as I can't get away from a big push with long irons.

Edit: rest of the set was about +4 or +5, not as extreme as the 68* PW - but still pretty extreme. I made some tiny bend marks getting them right, so I guess I'll keep them and resell them if they don't work out. I'm sure the dude would pitch a fit despite the fact that they should be much more marketable at standard L-L-L. I think every set I've got a screaming deal on, really both sets of Miuras, were f*'d up pretty good. Nothing someone with a little club building experience couldn't fix, but it fits my theory that someone goes out and tries to fix their swing with equipment and then the equipment circles the black hole of discounts and poor players due to their "weird" characteristics. Clubs certainly weren't advertised as plus 5.

Matt J if you have to bend that much lie angle from 5.5* to meet your specs, I would advise doing it in 1-2* increments only over the course of several years. Every bend or more exactly deformation of a metal theoretically fatigues it and weakens it and eventually a deformation may turn from temporary to permanent with stress fracture. Small deformations lessen the chances of this. Also allowing some dead time in between deformations helps.

Registered Bladeocrat

Halebopp, I was a big fan of Civ2, Alpha Centauri, and the ultimate best ever Civ game: Civ4. LOL I can see how the game complexity and presentation drove your English skills. The Civ series and its derivatives is one of the best game designs ever. LMAO you think "just one more turn" as you play until midnight and then the next thing you know is the sun is coming up and you haven't slept yet. I still play Civ4. And NHL for the Super Nintendo ('95) is how I know Teemu Selanne. I love hockey through playing as a kid and through the video games. My NHL league knowledge comes from the video games and not the sport itself. And Teemu was awesome to play when I played as the Ducks. He had a wicked slap shot and could handle the puck. It's always nice to meet an international WRXer and fellow gamer. And yes, golf off time just kills your short game the most.

I played all the Civs up to the fifth (I have it but haven't got around to playing it much) and we used to play the IV a lot online with friends. The other games I've played a lot in this millennium are the football manager games (or soccer to you) - again, online with friends. They're just as bad with the "one more turn" thing as Civs, maybe even worse. Nowadays I mostly play some Sudoku, Scrabble or something like that on my phone. In the 90s it was the Civs, RailRoad/Transport Tycoons, Sim City, Formula One games by MicroProse and the NHL 95. Funny thing is I doubt I've ever played the games as Selanne. :D He played for the wrong team here in Finland and during his rookie season every kid in the country became an NHL and Jets fan. Being a bit of a snob, I disliked the whole trend. I learned to appreciate the guy more once he (and I) got older. It is amazing how much people respect him in Winnipeg and Anaheim/LA area.

I've been thinking about getting a console but I can't get my head around to buying something that would make me want to spend more time on the couch. In case I didn't use it, I'd be unhappy for wasting the money on one so maybe I'm better off without one. :D

I hung out with some Finnish folks when I was in Europe. They were intelligent and fun loving. If you've never heard anyone speak Finnish you're missing out. Danes, Norwegians, and Swedes can all understand each other for the most part, and the Fins can understand them, too. But no one but the Fins can understand Finnish. Haha.

Yeah, we aren't Scandinavians but we aren't Slavs (Russians) either. We're just a weird and probably slightly backward bunch in between. We understand Swedes and the others better or worse due to Swedish being our other official language. Most of us start studying (or avoid studying) it in school at the age of 13 or 14 whereas most start studying English when they're 11 or 12. We do have a decent educational system - if not one of the best but at least one of the least worst. To counterbalance all that's good, we have these Slavic tendencies - like "having fun" by enjoying our fair share of alcohol. :D

Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

Halebopp, your English skills are probably better than mine LOL! Finland must be beautiful, the winter will pass before you know it. If you feel the itch to work on something I'm an advocate of slow motion swings in front of a mirror, that has really helped me solidify my golf swing. Not only that, but there some kind of body awareness you have to develop to make a sound swing very slowly, and it also stretches your "golf" muscles.

MJ, congrats on the new irons but holy 5* upright!!! Sounds like they were 3* upright stock and whoever owned them had a super high handle at impact with toe heavy divots LOL (with a massive goat hump) as for the shafts I think they have identification marks under the grip, not sure though, but I think some shaft companies do this in case the labels are removed. Good luck with those and I certainly hope they work for you broskee. If not, sell 4 of your sets and order a nice new, custom set of Miuras :)

Edit: KBS C tapers identification labels are placed at the very butt end of the shaft and likely cut off at installation. The only way to know is to weight them, but that would be a task probably. Ignorance is bliss???

Matt J bought Manute Bol's Miuras. 5.5 degrees is ridonkulous.

Registered Bladeocrat

Halebopp, your English skills are probably better than mine LOL! Finland must be beautiful, the winter will pass before you know it. If you feel the itch to work on something I'm an advocate of slow motion swings in front of a mirror, that has really helped me solidify my golf swing. Not only that, but there some kind of body awareness you have to develop to make a sound swing very slowly, and it also stretches your "golf" muscles.

Thanks! I noticed it says you're from South Pacific. I spent half a year as an exchange student in Australia - Gold Coast, Queensland to be more precise and visited New Zealand on the way back (Auckland, Christchurch (before the quake), Kaikoura). I'd love to go back there.

We Finns do have quite good spelling skills as our own language has a letter for every phone and then we actually study English. We learn what their, there and they're mean whereas native speakers simply learn how they're pronounced and then probably have a harder time distinguishing between the different spellings. Who ever came up with the English language wasn't a very wise man. :D

Edit.: I completely forgot the rest of your points.Yep, winter is beautiful and can be enjoyable as long as there's snow. I went jogging in the forest today and it was refreshing seeing everything looking white. There's just so much more light everywhere as opposed to not having any snow. With Christmas and New Year coming, getting to late January is quite easy without having the itch to play golf but the hell kicks in in February. :D

As for the slow swing thing. We actually tried that this summer with a pro. It is very, very difficult to do. Of course that means I should most probably be working on it. Thanks for reminding me of that!

Haha you got that right about the English language. It's messed up. My 5 year old is learning reading and what not and it's been a hassle because with the sounds certain letters make except for the million of exceptions when vowels make sounds of the other vowels and all that crap. She gets frustrated haha

Forever Changing at this point.......

Halebopp, never been to Australia yet, but I will someday! I'm above the equator on an island named Guam. US Territory, very small, hot and humid all year. It's great it's tropical and everything, trust me I'm not complaining lol, but I do kinda miss seasons. For instance, I never realized how much I love fall golf, it's nice to be out on the course without sweating buckets. The golf ball sure does feel harder though.

I also agree that the English language is very confusing. Lots of words are pronounced exactly the same, spelled differently (or the same) but have entirely different meanings.

I bent them all back to standard. Funny, when you're bending to standard they kind of want to "pop" back to their original specs it seems.

They feel like the C Taper Lite Stiff as I remember from the demo day. Just got back from the course and I'm smitten with the ball flight. Every hole I hit one of them in to the green was a GIR.

I couldn't help but send the guy a little message on Ebay. I was clear that I didn't intend to return them (couldn't as I already bent them) but that he should know and make sure he advertises it in the listing.

Who would have guessed? Two sets, one is 3 inches over length and the other is 6 degrees up right. Crazy.

BTW, the best wave I've ever ridden (I'm not a very good surfer) was at Kaikoura in NZ. Beautiful places, both Aus and NZ.

Edited to add: I also put that new Kirtland Costco ball into play. That thing is a total winner at $15 a dozen.

Heading to the Rose City on Sunday for a couple days worth of new hire orientation. Officially a Federal drone effective today @ noon.

Well at least I know my tax dollars are paying a good person's salary now

Technically all the Californians who use too much electricity charging their plug-in hybrids will pay my wages. But I will try my best to be one of the good ones. :)

Congratulations dan360,

Am I to read "a permanent, lifetime, Government Job"? :yess:

Hybrid plug-ins are still considered "new" to the market. :good:

Yes, career conditional. Mandatory Fed 1 year probation, and if I can BS my way through that, hello retirement in 25 more years. :)

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

I bent them all back to standard. Funny, when you're bending to standard they kind of want to "pop" back to their original specs it seems.

They feel like the C Taper Lite Stiff as I remember from the demo day. Just got back from the course and I'm smitten with the ball flight. Every hole I hit one of them in to the green was a GIR.

I couldn't help but send the guy a little message on Ebay. I was clear that I didn't intend to return them (couldn't as I already bent them) but that he should know and make sure he advertises it in the listing.

Who would have guessed? Two sets, one is 3 inches over length and the other is 6 degrees up right. Crazy.

BTW, the best wave I've ever ridden (I'm not a very good surfer) was at Kaikoura in NZ. Beautiful places, both Aus and NZ.

Edited to add: I also put that new Kirtland Costco ball into play. That thing is a total winner at $15 a dozen.

That "memory" of the original spec position is what I was getting at with respect to fatigue and deformation. When they were first bent to 5.5* the part of the hosel that got deformed literally has iron atoms that are out of their original position as such they are actually putting micro level stresses on the atomic structure, but the deformation was permanent so they are fixed or stuck in the stressed state. Now that you bent them back, you actually reduced the stress and put it *almost* back to original. It was easy to do that because that is the true equilibrium state of the original metal. But it is not a perfect reset because the act of bending always permanently rearranges some of the atoms such that they can't ever get back to original state.

Registered Bladeocrat

No Kirkland balls at my Costco and online they are out of stock until at least 11/21. :(

Still the anti-club Ho here. My wife, though, is the metal thingee collector in our house - Singer Featherweights. She doesn't have a lot of them just 4 or 5 but she has gotten some real gems - lots of folks get them through deaths of relatives and don't know what they have. Think it's just an old sewing machine. Her recent add while we were in San Diego came at $300 and as she explained to me she got 2 attachments included that she knew where each worth upwards of $150 apiece. One machine she bought for $15 and it's now worth over $600 to collectors. No bending required.

On the lesson front, I did some PMing with Monte on wrist conditions. Kinda of counterintuitive but I'm going into ulnar deviation and left wrist flexion early in transition (since just doing P3 swings). This gets the club below and behind my hands rather easily which has been my intent that past 2 range sessions. Lots of squirrelly shots for a bit but goodness has followed. Then poking around my youtube sites I found this recent DD which is basically my new setup (feels upright compared to my old and nonathletic at first) and pretty much my swing intent - had no real plan to attempt to do this via DD and am not certain I'm really doing exactly what DD explains but it's pretty similar/close. As in horseshoes and hand grenades. More work needed but liking it. Definitely give me the feel of hands leading the clubhead and rotating through the ball instead of slinging the arms at it. Little effort required and the ball jumps.

[media=]

[/media]

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

glk the unhinging of the wrists almost simultaneously with the straightening action if the trail arm is the most complicated set of actions in all of the swing. And to top it off, it is happening right when centrifugal force and clubhead velocity is maxing out. Ultimately this makes it one of the most error prone parts of the swing. One could argue that everything else in the swing is simply a prerequisite to enabling that action to be as easy and consistent as possible. There are basically two different hinges (the trail elbow and wrists) that are unhinging at different angles while also in a rotating frame of reference. Add centrifugal force to this mix and what you get is the POTENTIAL for the clubhead to get pulled off track because forces are pulling and pushing in different directions...And *IF* you fight the natural unhinging path of all of it by poor hands action through the hit, then that is what will happen. So to me, without getting into P positions and ulnar deviation, the key to unhinging all the two hinges is to let centrifugal force dictate it naturally. Centrifugal force is going to dictate that all the other forces unhinge the total mass of arms and club in a balanced manner: straight away from the center of rotation. And the hands can either HELP this action or they can HURT it.

Registered Bladeocrat

glk the unhinging of the wrists almost simultaneously with the straightening action if the trail arm is the most complicated set of actions in all of the swing. And to top it off, it is happening right when centrifugal force and clubhead velocity is maxing out. Ultimately this makes it one of the most error prone parts of the swing. One could argue that everything else in the swing is simply a prerequisite to enabling that action to be as easy and consistent as possible. There are basically two different hinges (the trail elbow and wrists) that are unhinging at different angles while also in a rotating frame of reference. Add centrifugal force to this mix and what you get is the POTENTIAL for the clubhead to get pulled off track because forces are pulling and pushing in different directions...And *IF* you fight the natural unhinging path of all of it by poor hands action through the hit, then that is what will happen. So to me, without getting into P positions and ulnar deviation, the key to unhinging all the two hinges is to let centrifugal force dictate it naturally. Centrifugal force is going to dictate that all the other forces unhinge the total mass of arms and club in a balanced manner: straight away from the center of rotation. And the hands can either HELP this action or they can HURT it.

My feel is that I am dragging the club head on a chalkboard behind me - intent is to have the club head behind and below my hands by P2. Regain flexion, hands still high, drag the club head. ball gone.

Takes some slo mo and freezers to feel the motion. To me it needs to be trained. Educated if you will. Put the club in a position that I respond by rotating and not stalling. The other thing is to get the arms relaxed, think you're relaxed, then relax some more. Then I breathe out and go.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

My feel is that I am dragging the club head on a chalkboard behind me - intent is to have the club head behind and below my hands by P2. Regain flexion, hands still high, drag the club head. ball gone.

Takes some slo mo and freezers to feel the motion. To me it needs to be trained. Educated if you will. Put the club in a position that I respond by rotating and not stalling. The other thing is to get the arms relaxed, think you're relaxed, then relax some more. Then I breathe out and go.

Club position behind the hands is a HUGE variable! In fact, that is the core action of ALL of it. The clubhead goes from dragging behind the hands on a balanced plane to radially in line on a parallel path with the hands AND whilst rotating 90 degrees. This is all the complication from those two hinge actions. So yeah, getting to a specific feel and technique to set up the club behind the hands on the way down is a key to consistency. And absolutely the best physics is to simply have the hands drag thd club directly behind the hands in relation to their path just before unhinging them.

I love how you just described how it feels and absolutely it must be trained. With me I like to feel my hands take a simple and specific arcing path from at the top down to the hit that just needs to be consistent. And my hands unhinging feel is NOTHING about rotating them or any intentional pronate or supinate actions. It is simply to unhinge them back to the position I had them at address. Specifically I like to feel my right hand and palm face orientation go right back to address. And yes it is all set up with the feel of the club dragging directly behind my hands in relation to their path. And also yes I like the feel of relaxed arms.

But ultimately what I'm really trying to do is feel how and get the arms and hands to full extension PAST impact. This is the point where all the hinges are gone or at least will no longer fight each other in different directions. And it is the point where essentially you are no longer powering the swing. Nearly all its kinetic energy has been released. I like to feel actions all the way to impact and definitely don't ignore it, but the full extension point of the swing is also a very key position because that is how to maximize clubhead velocity AT impact.

Good stuff!

Registered Bladeocrat

Halebopp, never been to Australia yet, but I will someday! I'm above the equator on an island named Guam. US Territory, very small, hot and humid all year. It's great it's tropical and everything, trust me I'm not complaining lol, but I do kinda miss seasons. For instance, I never realized how much I love fall golf, it's nice to be out on the course without sweating buckets. The golf ball sure does feel harder though.

I also agree that the English language is very confusing. Lots of words are pronounced exactly the same, spelled differently (or the same) but have entirely different meanings.

Oh, I know Guam from World War II and the island hopping. If I remember right, there was some Japanese guy holding out well into the 70s but I guess that happened on most of the islands. Before paying attention to your whereabouts, I connected the "Palauan Hammer" to some ancient Roman/Germanic melee weapon. :D

What you describe as fall golf would most probably mean summer golf for us. To me fall golf means temperatures around 35-45F, a bit of wind and drizzle. This summer was actually quite bad as it rained on more days than it didn't and needing long-sleeved thermal base layers under you polo shirts in late July.

LOL I am playing Diablo III on my XBox 360 and I hope I find a "Palauan Hammer" as a unique weapon.

Registered Bladeocrat

BTW Halebopp I was wondering if you were a native Finn or an expat. Also how is the golf over there?

I am a native and I'm feeling restless as the ground is covered with snow at the moment. It should get warmer by the end of the month so there's a slight chance of getting a couple of more rounds in this year. It would certainly ease the wait for the Masters as it is usually the same week or the week before the courses open over here. Usually I'm content to put the clubs away for the winter when the courses close but this time around I feel like I still have some good rounds and shots in me.

Undoubtedly one of the most honest posts in Golfwrx history :taunt:

In the quest for golf immortality (okay, grand improvement) has anyone gone so far deep into their own heads it resulted in a Scanners moment? If the reference escapes you, google images is your friend. :tomato:

That was me every, single, range session before. Almost got to the point where I couldn't take the club back. My coach saved me though, he's very mental orientated, fundamentals, not into details/launch numbers etc., just suuuuuper old school. When he saw me, first thing he said," stop thinking, I'll tell you when to think" LOL. He made me hit balls at his command, saying go and I had to swing the club or risk having something thrown at me, I love him to death. He has taught me so much, and he actually came to see me the other day so I'm looking forward to working with him when I get back out there.

In the quest for golf immortality (okay, grand improvement) has anyone gone so far deep into their own heads it resulted in a Scanners moment? If the reference escapes you, google images is your friend. :tomato:

That was me every, single, range session before. Almost got to the point where I couldn't take the club back. My coach saved me though, he's very mental orientated, fundamentals, not into details/launch numbers etc., just suuuuuper old school. When he saw me, first thing he said," stop thinking, I'll tell you when to think" LOL. He made me hit balls at his command, saying go and I had to swing the club or risk having something thrown at me, I love him to death. He has taught me so much, and he actually came to see me the other day so I'm looking forward to working with him when I get back out there.

By "something" I'm guessing he was throwing not-so-soft objects :D

I'm starting to strongly believe in having a swing trigger. I used to stand over the ball way too long.

Btw, any of you fellow lefties seen that 009 on eBay? If I won the lottery I'd play a circle t.

Like you, I'd probably only play one if only I won the lottery, I'd hate to drop 4g on a putter and hate it. LOL