2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Thinking about a GPS watch

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the original Garmin S1 and loved it...until the band broke. The design does not allow for replacement of the band. All I really want is distance to F/M/B and maybe a hazard. I can calculate everything else with the yardage book. I also like to use a LRF.

I just ordered the Bushnell NEO ION because it was relatively cheap, provides the basic info I want and has great reviews.

I would like to try the Garmin S60 but that thing is dang expensive.

I had the original Garmin S1 and loved it...until the band broke. The design does not allow for replacement of the band. All I really want is distance to F/M/B and maybe a hazard. I can calculate everything else with the yardage book. I also like to use a LRF.

I just ordered the Bushnell NEO ION because it was relatively cheap, provides the basic info I want and has great reviews.

I'm having trouble selecting a GPS watch to replace my s1. The s1 has been great and I'm looking for a Garmin (partial to Garmin) with FCB and hazards. Don't need or want all the other activity and other stuff. I play with a group of guys who have Bushnell and they are not too crazy about them. Problem is that I can't find a Garmin golf watch without all those other features.

I'm having trouble selecting a GPS watch to replace my s1. The s1 has been great and I'm looking for a Garmin (partial to Garmin) with FCB and hazards. Don't need or want all the other activity and other stuff. I play with a group of guys who have Bushnell and they are not too crazy about them. Problem is that I can't find a Garmin golf watch without all those other features.

Maybe you already saw my previous post but if you do not mind using a bag or belt clip the G10 maybe just what you are looking for.

Maybe you already saw my previous post but if you do not mind using a bag or belt clip the G10 maybe just what you are looking for.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

• 3 weeks later...

Due out 3-5 weeks:

05b7e2503b3d21dca5eb9026032ab2df.jpg

Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
TM M2 3 wood
King Cobra F6 5 wood
Titleist 816 H1 21 hybrid
Wilson Staff V6 Forged 5-GW
Mizuno T7 56
Evnroll ER1

I used a Golf Buddy WT5 for two(?) years or so before the buttons quit working. It was pretty good, especially for the price, but it updated slow and I noticed more than once that the yardage was a off. Especially when compared to my buddies Garmin S2's. I just received a Garmin X40 for Christmas. I'm assuming it is just like the X10 above but the X40 has a HR monitor, etc. I like it a lot, except, the auto shot tracking is just not quite right. I records strokes that I didn't take. It sometimes records a practice stroke, especially if I hit the turf, as a stroke and when I go to edit on the website, some of the strokes are on different holes altogether. I was hoping that it would just be a few strokes and I could easily edit on the website but that hasn't been my experience so far. Garmin support was prompt in replying to my queries but no solutions. The yardages are good, battery life good, just the autostroke feature is still flakey.

I just picked up a Bushnell Ion - It's a model that's been out for a couple years, in fact they look to be replacing it - so is on sale at most places for $149, however Amazon has the white model for $89 so I snagged one up.

Currently have a Garmin G20 (as well as a Skycaddie Touch for that matter), and it's not terrible or anything, but the band is really short for me. Plus getting to say the Hazards screen is king of a hassle - press a button..scroll down with another button, press other button again...ugh. Also I never use the club tracking stuff, which has to be enabled to get club shot distances.

The Bushnell appears simpler, has larger numbers it appears, and less fluff, less button pressing, etc and according to docs does shot distance with easy press of a button like most GPSs. Little bit larger size, more like what I am used to vs the smaller square G20. Anyway should be here today so I'll test it out this weekend.

https://smile.amazon...ds=bushnell ion

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

I just picked up a Bushnell Ion - It's a model that's been out for a couple years, in fact they look to be replacing it - so is on sale at most places for $149, however Amazon has the white model for $89 so I snagged one up.

Currently have a Garmin G20 (as well as a Skycaddie Touch for that matter), and it's not terrible or anything, but the band is really short for me. Plus getting to say the Hazards screen is king of a hassle - press a button..scroll down with another button, press other button again...ugh. Also I never use the club tracking stuff, which has to be enabled to get club shot distances.

The Bushnell appears simpler, has larger numbers it appears, and less fluff, less button pressing, etc and according to docs does shot distance with easy press of a button like most GPSs. Little bit larger size, more like what I am used to vs the smaller square G20. Anyway should be here today so I'll test it out this weekend.

Thanks for posting this... I have been looking for a GPS Watch, so this might fit the bill. Can you post in hand pictures whenever you get it? Is the blue more of a royal blue or what?

#ForTheShoe

Due out 3-5 weeks:

05b7e2503b3d21dca5eb9026032ab2df.jpg

Available now.

Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
TM M2 3 wood
King Cobra F6 5 wood
Titleist 816 H1 21 hybrid
Wilson Staff V6 Forged 5-GW
Mizuno T7 56
Evnroll ER1

Thanks for posting this... I have been looking for a GPS Watch, so this might fit the bill. Can you post in hand pictures whenever you get it? Is the blue more of a royal blue or what?

More Powder Blue...

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a Garmin Approach S6 that has worked well for a few seasons. Battery life is decent and will be good for about a round and a half on a full charge. Seems to be pretty accurate and has every course loaded imaginable.

However, looking to unload it and use the funds towards a rangefinder. Putting new irons in my bag in the next week and want to be able to use the rangefinder at the practice facility to dial in yardages.