Fitting Tall Golfers With NO Chart or Preconceived Ideas!

rybo

Golfrnut, Have you stood on a curb or a box and tried to hit your driver yet? I am 100% serious. I have a great understanding of what is happening because I deal with it everyday. The person who does not have the understanding of shoulder height that can be 6" or more higher is you. But I honestly don't expect a 5' 11" person to understand this. No need to rehash anything. It's simply geometry. Higher shoulders + minimally longer arms = higher hand heights. If a 44" or 45" driver is designed to work for the average height person and my hands are some 4" higher the choices are straight forward, bend over to reach the club or make the club longer to reach the hands. Raising hand height and not changing club length will bring the club closer to the golfer and at a much steeper angle. Math is math, have fun arguing with it. People can't hit long irons because they are too long but can hit hybrids that are several inches longer? Really? Rory at 5' 8" plays a 45.5" driver because it's harder to hit? Miguel Jimenez is 46". Brooke Henderson is using 48", even with her gripping down still very long compared to the men. Stenson plays +1/2" on his fairways and he's only 6' 1". The average driver length on the PGA tour is just over 45" and by far the majority of the tour is within two standard deviations for height. I know facts don't matter with you but they matter.

A 44" inch driver isn't even a requirement for the "average" golfer. Again, there's where your misconceptions are. In the age of steel drivers, we were a lot shorter. The only thing that has drove the length of the current drivers is marketing...trying to sell something that's longer than the previous version. Again, your justifications aren't justifications.

I already gave you perfect examples earlier in this thread. It doesn't dictate swing plane. I own a Flightscope. My swing plane is exactly the same with a standard length driver as it is with my 44" driver...right at 45*. Kuchar is tall, and is one of the flattest planed swingers out there.

You just tried to quote trackman information as a grounds of justification. You are misinterpreting the information that is given. Again, you have people in this thread that are not playing overlength drivers, listen to what they are telling you. They are already proving you wrong and that your assumptions of how the pieces all work are wrong.

And look at the story behind how Rory got to 45.5". He is also a tour level player, the less than 1%. You cannot take a sample of one person, who skills far outweigh the average player in the world, and say that's usable data for justification. Doesn't work that way. I can bring up multiple threads here that show club data from average golfers that post here that aren't even close to hitting it on center, with spin rates, smash factors, and dispersion numbers that are all over the place because they can't make solid contact with an average off the shelf length driver. My data isn't one person, it's many.

Why did Kuchar change his swing plane to more upright then? Why did he get way more consistent after doing so?

Go stand on a 5" box and tell me how your swing plane and face impact locations change.

Who the hell plays with steel shafted drivers anymore? Any OEM's releasing clubs that way? Any on tour?!?!? lol...ummm....no

Just as Rory is 1% so are the people in this thread. Everyone over 6' 2" falls into the 1% for height.

Trackman is quite clear, a clubface pointing to the right of the path will bend to the right. It would be great if Trackman would show what effect an improper clubhead orientation has on shots and the various manipulations golfers perform to hit the ball at the intended location.

Hysterically you have told me on numerous occasions you have disproved my entire understanding of club length with your Kuchar example and then when Rory blows holes in your understanding you tell me I "cannot take a sample of one person, who skills far outweigh the average player in the world, and say that's usable data for justification". Only this time you managed to state both in the same post. Glorious fail!

Why do play the club lengths you do? Because they fit your body proportions? WHy is it too much to ask for clubs that fit my body proportions?

cxx, While I generally agree with everything you stated, please remember this thread is very specific to those golfers who are exceptionally tall. There is most certainly something in the geometry of a human body that is 10% or more larger then average. It is absolutely undeniable that shoulder heights increase at a rate of more then 2:1 over arm length leading to much higher hand heights for those of us who are very tall.

There again..."preconceived ideas" is part of the title of your thread no?

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1409580-fitting-tall-golfers-with-no-chart-or-preconceived-ideas/?do=findComment&comment=14526868

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1409580-fitting-tall-golfers-with-no-chart-or-preconceived-ideas/page__st__30?do=findComment&comment=14531240

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1409580-fitting-tall-golfers-with-no-chart-or-preconceived-ideas/page__st__60?do=findComment&comment=14536024

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1409580-fitting-tall-golfers-with-no-chart-or-preconceived-ideas/page__st__120?do=findComment&comment=14540052

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1409580-fitting-tall-golfers-with-no-chart-or-preconceived-ideas/page__st__120?do=findComment&comment=14541350

These are the ones you need to be listening to. I don't see a lot of "banana slice" remarks in those posts like you say is a "must" if you are playing a shorter driver. Again, take your own advice here and stop assuming that everything is exactly the way you think it has to be.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Regardless of either side of the argument. I can use Kuchar, but you can't use Rory as an argument is funny.

Pretty easy actually. I only need one example to null and void a "will" or "has to" statement. One example of the opposite debunks "fact". Nice attempt though....

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)

Spider Tour X3

The average driver length on the PGA tour is just over 45" and by far the majority of the tour is within two standard deviations for height. I know facts don't matter with you but they matter.

You are getting that info from where?

http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/Golfweek-Custom-Media/golfweek-6-20-14/2014061701/9.html#8

Why did Kuchar change his swing plane to more upright then? Why did he get way more consistent after doing so?

Who the hell plays with steel shafted drivers anymore? Any OEM's releasing clubs that way? Any on tour?!?!? lol...ummm....no

Kuchar is still flat...stop trying to use that as an example.

That's your only argument to length? Did it just stop working all the sudden? Do people that still play with old drivers now hit banana slices when they didn't 30 years ago? If so, I was not aware.

Just as Rory is 1% so are the people in this thread. Everyone over 6' 2" falls into the 1% for height.

See my other post. I just gave you examples of people that are in your 1% that are playing shorter drivers.

Trackman is quite clear, a clubface pointing to the right of the path will bend to the right. It would be great if Trackman would show what effect an improper clubhead orientation has on shots and the various manipulations golfers perform to hit the ball at the intended location.

Negative. It does not have to. Gear effect, for one, will trump that. You also tried to use lie angle as grounds for manipulating face angle. With a driver, and a lack of loft, it's next to nothing in terms of influence. There again, you don't understand what you are quoting.

Hysterically you have told me on numerous occasions you have disproved my entire understanding of club length with your Kuchar example and then when Rory blows holes in your understanding you tell me I "cannot take a sample of one person, who skills far outweigh the average player in the world, and say that's usable data for justification". Only this time you managed to state both in the same post. Glorious fail! Why do play the club lengths you do? Because they fit your body proportions? WHy is it too much to ask for clubs that fit my body proportions?

You attempted to state as fact that lie angle dictates swing plane. Guess what, it only takes one example to disprove fact. No need to provide more.

Spider Tour X3

From 2013!

44 1/4" Keith Sutherland

44 1/2" Harris English

44 1/2" Louis Oosthuizen

44 1/2" Joey Synder

44 1/2" Bubba Watson

45" Doug Labelle

45" Jeff Maggert

45" Michael Thompson

45" Mark Wilson

45 1/4" Angel Cabrera

45 1/4" Chris DiMarco

45 1/4" Derek Ernst

45 1/4" Luke Gutherie

45 1/4" Billy Horschel

45 1/4" Scott Langley

45 1/4" Richard Lee

45 1/4" David Lingermerth

45 1/4" Bill Lunde

45 1/4" Hunter Mahan

45 1/4" Heath Slocum

45 1/4" Daniel Summerhays

45 1/4" Lee Westwood

45 1/2" Nick O'Hern

46" Miguel Angel Jimenez

5 out 24 play a driver shorter then 45". About 21% of Ping's entire staff. The average length for this group is 45.083". This is not an anomaly, this is the 2013 norm on tour.

The average driver length on the PGA tour is just over 45" and by far the majority of the tour is within two standard deviations for height. I know facts don't matter with you but they matter.
You are getting that info from where?
http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/Golfweek-Custom-Media/golfweek-6-20-14/2014061701/9.html#8

That's not a link to a stat....that's an article.

I can pull articles, sorry..stats, too...

dlancegolf.com%2Ffitting-tips%2Flower-scores-hit-driver-farther-4-use-right-shaft%2F&usg=AFQjCNE8E8g6SdSj5BVDadoZ9JbIffdGRw&sig2=b3nPKHc4uIO-Y2bdNW53Ew&bvm=bv.139782543,d.amc

http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/features/blogs/gear-blog/what-is-the-optimum-driver-shaft-length-82330

And Ping's stat's don't make it the tour average BTW. Stop trying to turn one thing into something it isn't.

Spider Tour X3

keep arguing with scientifically based and proven data

Keep trying to apply things that are not applicable. Three people standing in a chart has nothing to do with swing plane, D plane, athletic ability, etc.

Spider Tour X3

you my friend are hilarious.

A major OEM's driver stats are very indicative of tour averages. Sorry it bursts your bubble. Would you like a participation medal?

Understand the data provided in the charts and how to apply it to TALL golfers and maybe you'll be on the right track. Your limited understanding of math and science is very disheartening. So it's obvious you have not look at that chart in any type of detail.

So far I've provided scientific based data and charts, data from OEM's, direct info from Trackman, numerous swing related information points, articles from respected golf sources, etc and you have provided self limited anecdotal information from a much shorter height. But you are right. The world must be flat too.

you my friend are hilarious. A major OEM's driver stats are very indicative of tour averages. Sorry it bursts your bubble. Would you like a participation metal? Understand the data provided in the charts and how to apply it to TALL golfers and maybe you'll be on the right track. Your limited understanding of math and science is very disheartening. So it's obvious you have not look at that chart in any type of detail. So far I've provided scientific based data and charts, data from OEM's, direct info from Trackman, numerous swing related information points, articles from respected golf sources, etc and you have provided self limited anecdotal information from a much shorter height. But you are right. The world must be flat too.

Cool...well, just ignore the people posting in your own thread that also prove your theories and thoughts wrong on the big picture of this. And I'm not talking about me. I even helped you out by posting the links above. I guess their results are all wrong and they couldn't possibly be playing something that actually works for them. I can sit her and talk above your level of understanding on this for hours on end, it won't make a difference. Neither will you reading the posts that I gave you in the links above, with people in it, that are playing clubs that don't meet your specs of what you are saying they have to play to be sucessful. You'll just keep ignoring things you can't respond to and trying to turn fiction into fact.

Spider Tour X3

What makes the ball fly straight or curve?

According to research by TrackMan™, developers of a club delivery and ball flight monitor, the club face accounts for approximately 85% of the ball’s initial direction with a driver, and 75% with an iron. The club path accounts for the remainder. When the ball starts out in the wrong direction, it’s a good bet the problem is a club face error. When the path and face are heading in the same direction through impact, the spin axis is zero and the ball will fly straight. The spin axis will tilt whenever the face and path head in different directions. Hence, the club face and club path have an equal effect on ball curvature. When the club face is the left of the club path, the spin axis tilts left and the ball curves left. When the face is right of the path, the spin axis tilts to the right and the ball curves right.

(This was taken from a mytrackman.com blog PDF)

The exceptionally tall golfer using a driver that is too short for their proportions (much higher lead shoulder height and minimally longer arms) will by default have a clubhead orientation that is toe down and open faced. The only way to avoid this with a club that does not have a proper length is to manipulate the clubhead usually by 'hooding' the face angle a few degrees either by grip or some trained action in the swing. The human body will adapt pretty quick, two shots dead right and the brain unconsciously takes over and the manipulations happen.

Also with a club too short there is a steeper swing plane, which only exasperates the entire issue of path relating to spin axis; basically more manipulations the golfer has to make in order to get the ball to its intended location.

The real solution is not heavier shafts, more upright heads, a different swing, etc; it's give the tall golfer a proper length club and give them some time to learn how to swing on a proper plane with the head entering the impact location with 'the face and path heading in the same direction'.

I wasn't aware of this. With shoes on I am 6'6". I also have relatively short arms.

ps: my driver comes up to my belt buckle.

Show me where I have said all or 100%. I have stated most would benefit.

And now the goal posts get moved again...

The fact is taller people need longer clubs

Here ya go....

Lie angle will effect swing plane. The more upright the club is the closer the ball moves towards the golfer. A closer ball requires a more upright swing plane just to hit it.

by only changing lie angle more upright, the ball moves closer to the golfer and will require the golfer to swing on a steeper plane

Different lie angles. Fairway for the most part is off the ground and when on a tee it is very low, driver is off of a high tee. Driver has greater toe droop. etc All of these types of things + the additional hand height require a longer club.

It's funny how both lie angles and driver lengths have increased over the years, not decreased, or went in opposite directions, yet plane numbers and everything else have not. People didn't need 45" drivers to swing properly 30 years ago, and they had shorter clubs AND flatter lie angles. They all of the sudden need them now?

That's just within the first couple pages. There again...you titled the thread "no preconceived ideas" and yet you keep failing to stick to your own requests.

Spider Tour X3

"There are certain assumptions that golfers often make about their equipment. Associating height with club length is one such assumption that quite often is wrong. The reason is because many tall people have long arms and a lot of short people have normal length arms.

When we take our stance to hit a golf ball, it is the combination of our height AND our arm length that initially determines what club length is required to ensure that we are comfortable over the ball. But there is a lot more to advising the proper club length than one’s height and arm length. Our posture and whether we set up more erect or more bent over is another factor that contributes to the decision for how long our clubs need to be.

However, most important in the length decision for any golfer is an evaluation of certain swing characteristics of the golfer. There is an old saying in Clubfitting that goes like this, “the longer the length of the clubs, the more difficult they will be to control and the harder they will be to hit consistently on the center of the face.”

When fitting club length, the goal of any experienced clubfitter is to fit each golfer with the longest club length that they can control and hit on center with the highest level of consistency.

And therein lies the rub, as the old Bard used to say! Because properly fit clubs have to be long enough to offer enough comfort so the golfer is neither bending over or crouching too much, yet not too long to cause problems with hitting the ball as consistently on center as possible, it takes an experienced custom clubfitter to know just how to find that perfect balance when fitting golfers for the best length.

At Wishon Golf, we teach clubmakers to "START" the process by taking a measurement of the golfers’ distance from the wrist to the floor and comparing that measurement to a chart of initial starting lengths that we have developed from ongoing research with golfers over many years.

Again – this is a STARTING POINT ONLY for length fitting and in no way represents the final length of the clubs."

Tom Wishon

(note: I realize that one can BOLD different sides of the arguement but the overall idea is it is a starting point.)

Think you guys will have to agree to disagree. It is always going to come down to the individual. No one way is going to work for everyone.

Will a short driver be more consistent for a tall golfer who has spent the last 20 yrs playing clubs that are too short for him? For sure! Will it achieve his longest possible distance and consistency? Probably not.

If this same golfer spent a few weeks practicing/getting used to playing with clubs that he didn't have to contort to use achieve a more efficient swing that produced greater results and caused less stress on his body and required less manipulations in his swing? For sure! Would this longer driver show inconsistent contact the very first time he ever tried it? For Sure! His normal set up and weird swing dynamics/manipulations would no longer work to make consistent contact.

Rybo, with his OP is simply saying don't worry about charts and dealing with clubfitters(far from experienced in some locations) and use a new way to determine YOUR OWN personal STARTING point to achieve YOUR ideal club length for YOUR swing. Bottom up approach, to ensure comfort and proper posture. I think this is a great way to START. Right off the bat, it sets the golfer up for success as they no longer have to make manipulations to swing and contact the ball. Seems like a very logical place to START.

YOUR height and mileage may vary (YHMMV) :derisive:

• Thanks 1

I think that golfnut's argument, which I agree with, is that there is nothing inherent in the geometry, beyond a minimum length, that dictates length. That's why a person can hit both a 9 iron and a 4 iron on the sweetspot. There is no reason that you can't make all the irons the same length, by using appropriate heads and adjusting the loft. The lie angle of the heads in this set would the same. If you can hit an 8 iron then you could hit a 4 iron at the same length and lie angle.

There is a strong sentiment on WRX that no one can hit an overlength driver or even an off the shelf driver at current OEM lengths. That is of course a generalization that is not true. There are some who can hit overlength drivers without issue and benefit from the extra length. That has very little to do with the lie angle and head geometry. The driver is hit off a tee.

In other words, if you change the lie angle for the length of the club you can play any club loft at any length. Pick the length that lets you hit it in the center.

Toe hooks are from hitting on the toe.

For the last three years I drove the ball with anywhere from a small draw to a cut on normal days that I was striking the ball well. Read all over GolfWRX that I should be playing a shorter driver for consistency. Had the issue of losing a drive or two per round and adding penalty strokes so I said "HEY! lets try it"

I bought a driver that played around 44" about a month ago. I gave that driver (which was newer and had a nice shaft) 3 months of play and never had a day that felt like I was in control of where it was heading. Good drives felt like I was really fighting it to keep the ball in play and weren't my usual distance EVER, bad drives felt awful. The ball always had at a minimum a 5 foot cut to a big slice. I don't remember a day that I was as consistent as my old driver or getting the same distance. I was about 15 yards shorter on average.

Put that new driver in my garage and grabbed my old callaway razr fit extreme. The shaft is the stock length and I started gripping down to the very end of the club to make it play longer. Went right back to hitting the ball longer and with a straighter ballflight. Sold the shorter driver on eBay shortly after that.

I think that golfnut's argument, which I agree with, is that there is nothing inherent in the geometry, beyond a minimum length, that dictates length. That's why a person can hit both a 9 iron and a 4 iron on the sweetspot. There is no reason that you can't make all the irons the same length, by using appropriate heads and adjusting the loft. The lie angle of the heads in this set would the same. If you can hit an 8 iron then you could hit a 4 iron at the same length and lie angle.

There is a strong sentiment on WRX that no one can hit an overlength driver or even an off the shelf driver at current OEM lengths. That is of course a generalization that is not true. There are some who can hit overlength drivers without issue and benefit from the extra length. That has very little to do with the lie angle and head geometry. The driver is hit off a tee.

In other words, if you change the lie angle for the length of the club you can play any club loft at any length. Pick the length that lets you hit it in the center.

For the last three years I drove the ball with anywhere from a small draw to a cut on normal days that I was striking the ball well. Read all over GolfWRX that I should be playing a shorter driver for consistency. Had the issue of losing a drive or two per round and adding penalty strokes so I said "HEY! lets try it"

I bought a driver that played around 44" about a month ago. I gave that driver (which was newer and had a nice shaft) 3 months of play and never had a day that felt like I was in control of where it was heading. Good drives felt like I was really fighting it to keep the ball in play and weren't my usual distance EVER, bad drives felt awful. The ball always had at a minimum a 5 foot cut to a big slice. I don't remember a day that I was as consistent as my old driver or getting the same distance. I was about 15 yards shorter on average.

Put that new driver in my garage and grabbed my old callaway razr fit extreme. The shaft is the stock length and I started gripping down to the very end of the club to make it play longer. Went right back to hitting the ball longer and with a straighter ballflight. Sold the shorter driver on eBay shortly after that.

You are trying to compare apples to oranges. There's WAYYY more to matching a driver up to a golfer than just length. How many things were also different. Head? Shaft? Shaft weight? Head weight? Total weight? You can't throw 30 varianles at it, then just magically narrow it to one. This is where the importance of taking it all into account marries togeather.

Spider Tour X3

Yes. May be you are right. Splitting hairs that is tough to follow. This discussion is wandering without direction- there is no a straight clue.

Perhaps Rybo can re-address the question again and relate his findings into some rules of thumb.

Vert simple!

As proven by the well established scientifically accepted anthropometric data, exceptionally tall people, 6' 2' and above, have significantly higher shoulders, coupled with marginally longer arms that produce grip heights that are much higher then those compared with average size golfers. In order for the tall golfer to be able to address the ball with equal posture to an average size golfer the club has to reach up to this higher hand height. Due to variations in body parts inherent in all humans using a chart to fit them would be rather limited and would surely improperly fit those with body part lengths that fall outside the averages. Using the low and high length limit tests accounts for all variations in ones body parts and is based off of the length created from the ground to the lead shoulder at impact. The length from the ground to the lead shoulder is 100% predicated on body dimensions.

This higher hand height/length from ground to lead shoulder doesn't go away for driver, fairways and hybrids. And since most of these clubs have very limited ability to adjust lie angle, the use of additional length to ensure the head is in its proper square orientation during impact is the most important fitting factor for the exceptionally tall. Once the proper length is determined then the other fitting variables can be properly fit. Again the length from the ground to the lead shoulder is 100% predicated on body dimensions.

This is for people 6' 2" and taller.

20* Hyb. 40.25"

4ir 39 3/8"

5ir. 39"

6ir. 38 5/8"

7ir. 38 1/4"

8ir. 37 7/8"

9ir. 37 1/2"

PW. 37 1/4"

GW. 37"

SW. 36 3/4"

LW. 36 1/2"

Initial swings are proving to be so much more comfortable! After repeatedly doing the low limit test I found the greatest compromise of length and weight to be at 36 1/2" for my shortest club. 37" felt just a bit too long. I used painter's tape and air to put my grips on incase I want to go a bit shorter, so pulling the grips will be cake.

You are trying to compare apples to oranges. There's WAYYY more to matching a driver up to a golfer than just length. How many things were also different. Head? Shaft? Shaft weight? Head weight? Total weight? You can't throw 30 varianles at it, then just magically narrow it to one. This is where the importance of taking it all into account marries togeather.

Bigsean,

Don't worry, you are not comparing apples to oranges. You compared a short driver to a longer driver, which for an exceptionally tall golfer club length is the most important fitting variable. You even state you are gripping over the end of the club to make it play longer. Embrace the longer club since it fits you better and it will pay dividends.

Tour average from a golfworld magazine article stated in 2012. Not surprising it matches up with the length data for Ping staffers.

Now if we could just get the Napoleon complex out of clubfitting for us tall guys it would be great!

"Napoleon complex" is a term describing a theorized condition occurring in people of short stature. It is characterized by overly-aggressive or domineering social behavior, and carries the implication that such behavior is compensatory for the subject's stature.

You really want to keep showing your lack of understanding in all this Rybo? Do you really want to keep incriminating yourself like that? Every time you attempt to make some form of jab at me, you just continue to embarrass yourself.

Here's two different Flightscope results. Same shaft, same SW, same length, same grip, different head. You're semi-correct, length is one of the most important aspects. In this case, the length is exactly the same. Head type is only variable here. You wanna tell me the end results are the same?

Spider Tour X3

@03Smurf. Nice, Now how did you manege the balance of your clubs?

Since, X100 is a heavy model shaft; a 300 gram LW and a 1 inch overlength club makes the playability heavy during swing.

I haven't done much when it comes to swingweight. I used a site online to punch in all my lengths and weights to get an estimate of my clubs swingweights. The clubs with the higher SW got the heavier of the grips. The LW only estimated at a D9, but the PW had the highest estimate of E3. This also didn't account for the 3 wraps of tape I put under each grip. Initially, theses clubs don't feel much different than the +1/2" irons and wedges I already play, other than being able to stand up more. Once I figure out if the lengths work for me I might have them MOI matched by a pro.

golfrnut

did a search for you with the word 'driver' and there are over 500 posts (11 pages worth) and nearly all of your posts advocate short drivers. You have a short driver agenda. You even go as far as stating tee heights are too high and + AoA's are bad. Call out Trackman for 'misunderstanding'. Advocate heavy steel shafted drivers. Didn't matter the issue the cure was always a shorter driver. You have a total disregard for the body proportions of the exceptionally tall golfer, but your myopic view of club length somehow correlates to what was played in the 1960's and '70's is absurd. The game has changed, unfortunately you haven't.

Continue being disruptive and I will be forced to report you. Have refrained so far but I am wits end. You are trolling and I am done with you.

You still want to call me out and see how well I hit the clubs, come to Florida and we will play. Bring your wallet. (btw another bogey free 67 yesterday while you sat behind your keyboard)

Where did I claim that? Go get a junior wedge and try bending the lie angle to make it work. good luck

Stop trying to move the goal posts Rybo. I just said I wasn't talking minimums, already discussed my thoughts in the previous posts. And you are trying to bring up a wedge again to counter me talking about a 36" club?!? Just stop.

Should we revisit the driver vs 3 wood length and lie angle again and why you can use one just fine and the idea behind the other having the same characteristics is just absurd in your opinion?

Please take it to PM's. It's obvious you have no understanding for the needs of the taller golfers. And at this point it's obvious you are here to only be disruptive.

I, for one, am thoroughly enjoying your posts. The other guy's posts, not so much. His arguments are getting annoying. Please don't get sidetracked trying to defend yourself - it's becoming a liberal vs. conservative like fight that you cannot win so don't try. Just keep talking to those of us who's attention you already have and who find your experiment interesting and extremely well thought out to say the least. What's the worst thing that could happen? Your idea doesn't work for everybody? Big deal. Nothing does.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

golfrnut did a search for you with the word 'driver' and there are over 500 posts (11 pages worth) and nearly all of your posts advocate short drivers. You have a short driver agenda. You even go as far as stating tee heights are too high and + AoA's are bad. Call out Trackman for 'misunderstanding'. Advocate heavy steel shafted drivers. Didn't matter the issue the cure was always a shorter driver. You have a total disregard for the body proportions of the exceptionally tall golfer, but your myopic view of club length somehow correlates to what was played in the 1960's and '70's is absurd. The game has changed, unfortunately you haven't. Continue being disruptive and I will be forced to report you. Have refrained so far but I am wits end. You are trolling and I am done with you. You still want to call me out and see how well I hit the clubs, come to Florida and we will play. Bring your wallet. (btw another bogey free 67 yesterday while you sat behind your keyboard)

Report away....

Funny how I'm not trying to skirt around using things like "Napoleon complex" to create some sort of witty personal attack.

Sorry I was busy protecting your freedoms as an American while you were playing golf, some have their priorities.

Are you troubled because I can actually present material that backs up what I'm saying? Is it bothering you that I can point out posters in your own thread that counter your thoughts on what's required here? Are you offended by people that have an alternate opinion of their own, and can provide data that supports it? You created a post in a public forum, and can't take criticism?

It's not trackman that misunderstands, it's you that doesn't understand the things you are trying to quote.

And haha...I have a +AoA. Nice attempt at trying to curve words to make a story.

Spider Tour X3