Fitting Tall Golfers With NO Chart or Preconceived Ideas!

rybo

So I am currently experimenting with some Mizzy 850 forged heads and Modus 120S shafts at +1.5" over Titleist spec which would put them at +1.75" over Mizzys. They do feel much more comfortable at address but a bit of heft behind them. Have not SW them yet so have no idea what they are measuring. Strikes seem to be almost dead center now vs. toe shots I have been dealing with for many years. Pretty happy so far with my limited range work on all levels: address, ball striking, distance (+5-10yrds).

All this being said, I still have a hard time understanding why tour players at our height are not using anything longer than +1" (many are at +3/4 or +1/2")???? Have to assume that they know something we don't especially with the talent level and access to any equipment and tech they have available. Example is my recent feedback from Thomas Pieters who is 6'-5". His irons are +1/2" PX6.5's. No idea what his WTF is but he is a young kid so not really buying the "he has grown up playing this length his entire life" theory.

Bottom line is I want to be fit correctly but who the hell knows what is "correct" for a 6'-5" 46yr old at +9 hcp with a WTF of 40"???

Trying lots of different things currently but hate to spend all this $$ and time to find out that the longer clubs were a honeymoon phase and actually screwed up the work toward a more consistent swing and score??

Ping G425 10.5
Ping G25 15/18
Srixon ZX7 4-PW
Vokey SM6 Raw 50,54,58
Odyssey 11 Tour Lined CS
Srixon Z-Star

So I am currently experimenting with some Mizzy 850 forged heads and Modus 120S shafts at +1.5" over Titleist spec which would put them at +1.75" over Mizzys. They do feel much more comfortable at address but a bit of heft behind them. Have not SW them yet so have no idea what they are measuring. Strikes seem to be almost dead center now vs. toe shots I have been dealing with for many years. Pretty happy so far with my limited range work on all levels: address, ball striking, distance (+5-10yrds).

All this being said, I still have a hard time understanding why tour players at our height are not using anything longer than +1" (many are at +3/4 or +1/2")???? Have to assume that they know something we don't especially with the talent level and access to any equipment and tech they have available. Example is my recent feedback from Thomas Pieters who is 6'-5". His irons are +1/2" PX6.5's. No idea what his WTF is but he is a young kid so not really buying the "he has grown up playing this length his entire life" theory.

Bottom line is I want to be fit correctly but who the hell knows what is "correct" for a 6'-5" 46yr old at +9 hcp with a WTF of 40"???

Trying lots of different things currently but hate to spend all this $$ and time to find out that the longer clubs were a honeymoon phase and actually screwed up the work toward a more consistent swing and score??

two comments

Someone like Thomas Pieters has been playing this length his entire life. It may be a shorter span of time but it's still all he knows. Plus the industry is not fitting the exceptionally tall with clubs that fit, he is no different just because he is a professional. He figured out a way to make it work just like all of us tall people have. There is also a ton of 'group think' on tour. Most of those guys will not experiment with anything that may be considered even mildly different. This is why someone like Bryson DeChambeau is such a breath of fresh air.

Your strikes went from the toe to the center of the face, this is not a honeymoon effect. This is a direct product of proper length allowing you to make better contact. Don't second guess what is working!

Hitting the center of the club face is the key indicator of an appropriate length. I'm sure that the tall tour pros hit the center with the club length that they play. You don't see the hunched over bent knee postures like some of the old tall pros had to do. Most tall tour pros stand pretty tall and take advantage of the long arc. Even though not ideal, today's equipment offers more possibilities.

Could be that a lot of amateur players don't have the flexibility to get to the ideal posture and stand more upright.

[Example is my recent feedback from Thomas Pieters who is 6'-5". His irons are +1/2" PX6.5's.

I too have looked at Pieter's height/posture and wondered about his specs. I am not criticising or questioning your information but it appears incomplete: +1/2" does not mean anything without knowing the length of least one his irons and the length progression be it 1/2" or 3/8".

[Example is my recent feedback from Thomas Pieters who is 6'-5". His irons are +1/2" PX6.5's.

I too have looked at Pieter's height/posture and wondered about his specs. I am not criticising or questioning your information but it appears incomplete: +1/2" does not mean anything without knowing the length of least one his irons and the length progression be it 1/2" or 3/8".

It is incomplete because that is all he told me when he replied to my question regarding his specs:

Ping G425 10.5
Ping G25 15/18
Srixon ZX7 4-PW
Vokey SM6 Raw 50,54,58
Odyssey 11 Tour Lined CS
Srixon Z-Star

It is incomplete because that is all he told me when he replied to my question regarding his specs:

That's awesome!

Thank you RYBO !!!!

Im a bit of a tinkerer and have been trying to find the perfect fit for a lifetime, i thought i had found my holy grail when i purchased a Mitchell Lie/LOft Angle machine. I went from standard to 2 deg up and then 3 deg up and finally 4 deg up......Finally i was standing so damn close to the ball and crossing over the top.....it was horrible, actually considered quitting golf but i stuck to the game cause i hit the driver so damn well and had a great short game. I always tried to go wit the theory that Ping knew what they were doing and it was my lousy swing....I should be half inch over and 2 deg up.....but Ping seriously confuses me....they work off of a 37.75" 5 iron and they adjust lie angle according to how much over you are.......i tried just about everything and nobody ever addressed issues such as your shoulder height and wtf and overall height.....this article makes great sense for those who have struggled with swing weight and length as well as posture and bad backs.

My height is 6'2" ( haha borderline to getting kicked out ) but my WTF is 37.5" due to my short arms and my inseam is 32" so yes i have short legs too and a long torso.....I happened on my ideal setup by pure accident......I obtained a set of Nike Vapor Fly Pro irons but i hated the shafts so i decided to put in my favorite shafts which happen to be Aerotech 110, due to the Nikes having a short hosel insertion compared to my PXG 0311T which are super deep, i ended up with a 5 iron that was 38.75" but the swing weight was only D2....at this point, i figured i didn't want to pull them to add tip weights nor did i feel like cutting the shafts yet. In addition i was too lazy to adjust the lie angles because the Nikes are cast and wayyyyy harder to bend......End result is i sold off every single set of my PXGs and am very happy with my current setup. I have several other sets of the same exact nikes that i will setup and any advice you have on fine tuning this setup is much appreciated.

There will always be exceptions to the rule and some guys feel the need to point that out like it is supposed to mean something......Lets say i know a guy who plays a 39" driver and he is 6'10 and hits the ball 400 yards....that doesn't prove anything. there will always be exceptions to the rule.

Great work RYBO !!!!

Very true. For all the tall tour players unless they are with Ping you really have no idea were there specs are at. Plus, even with Ping they don't list player WTF measurement and they length gapping (1/2", 3/8th etc). What the pros play will always be mostly speculation unless you visit a trailer and see for your self what spec a pro's clubs are made to. Heck it's almost impossible to find out if they use a midsize grip, let alone what length of every single club is. But rest assured they are playing whatever gives them the most consistency and performance and comfort. I do think a lot of that goes back to what they have always played (comfort: more mental then physical)

Historically, I would also argue that tall players(6ft and over) are more prone to back issues over the course of a career( no data to back up just imo)

Here was a video on Thomas hittin small pitches with his lob wedge(shortest club in his bag) and it appears to be longer and more upright. His posture is not hunched and he has slight knee bend but not excessive.

Vs this picture from earlier in the thread(pg2 post#51) with a 6'6 player at +1 8 iron.

Again, look at tall pros and their set up is mostly similar to shorter golfers.

http://www.golfchann...ing-tony-finau/

Another video here of Tony Finau who is 6'4'' but with much longer arms. He is standing beside Chris DeMarco(6ft) but you can see it looks like Tony actually has a shorter wtf length, plus his arms naturally hang straighter then Chris who has more of a natural bend to his arms. (everyone is different)

From what I have seen, most tall tour players have long or longer arms. Thin athletic build (200-215lbs max) and typically very flexible. They set up with slight knee bend and no hunch in there posture. There specs will be very different to someone who is say 6'4-6'6" with longer legs and say 230-240. Again, everyone is different and that is the key to this whole thread and discussion. The focus is finding a starting point and adjusting from there.

Everyone will have different specs to achieve the proper set up positions. The key is always comfort and ALLOWING your self to swing, rather then feeling uncomfortable and FORCING yourself to manipulate a swing.

I think it's even more important for armatures who don't get to play and practice everyday. It sets them up in a neutral position giving them the best chance to achieve center face contact.

Uh oh!!!

"Driver is standard for tour at 45.5 inch."

Quick question for you all in the thread. I am going to take a set of clubs today to have extended to what I want to be 1.25 over. I was reading this thread and it got me thinking I played a few of my best rounds this year with clubs that were over. (I traded them in of course). I am going to regrip the clubs because it will save me 30 dollars. My question is:

Should I just have the builder extend the clubs, take them home and regrip them myself and then take them for LOFT/LIE

-OR-

Should I just have the builder extend the clubs, bend them back to the specs I want then adjust at a later date?

I am asking because I want to figure out what makes the most sense. I have thought about this all night and do not know if I am wasting another 30 dollars by bending them once (back to my desired lofts and lies) and them bending them again once the grips are put on. Just curios what you all think is best.

Nate

PS: I'm 6'5 275 former college football player. Very Wide shoulders 35 inch inseam 39 1/2 WTF.

Quick question for you all in the thread. I am going to take a set of clubs today to have extended to what I want to be 1.25 over. I was reading this thread and it got me thinking I played a few of my best rounds this year with clubs that were over. (I traded them in of course). I am going to regrip the clubs because it will save me 30 dollars. My question is:

Should I just have the builder extend the clubs, take them home and regrip them myself and then take them for LOFT/LIE

-OR-

Should I just have the builder extend the clubs, bend them back to the specs I want then adjust at a later date?

I am asking because I want to figure out what makes the most sense. I have thought about this all night and do not know if I am wasting another 30 dollars by bending them once (back to my desired lofts and lies) and them bending them again once the grips are put on. Just curios what you all think is best.

Nate

PS: I'm 6'5 275 former college football player. Very Wide shoulders 35 inch inseam 39 1/2 WTF.

What spec do you play with your normal length irons?

Do you know what the current spec of the irons your are extending?

Do you remember what the club specs were of the over length set you had previously that you played well with?

You may want to consider the effective lie angle will be more upright compared to a shorter length club. Also, you may find that you may not need to go as upright as you have in the past with longer length irons.

Also, to throw another thought in the mix. Have you considered going to 3/8" gaps between irons? I find it can really help with the higher loft irons and wedges. If you struggle with pulls, very high apex, toe hits with your short clubs this is the way to go imo.

I would say don't be stingy on extra length, remember if you have a larger chest and wide shoulders you may need a little more then the avg build tall player. Plus it is way easier/cheaper to remove a little length than add it. Rybo is the expert on the exact specs but I'm thinking if you started with a 38 or 38.5" wedge you could build your set up at 3/8" intervals and give yourself some extra length down low. I like to play my pw-lw all the same length. The bonus is you can always cut them yourself to remove the excess length or change the interval back to 1/2" if they don't work vs having to extend again if they don't. I recommend installing grips with air as it makes the adjustment process so much easier, especially if you build up your grips.

This is a great thread and great info!

I've been following it since rybo started it and read every entry.

All the different Shoulder to floor and WTF measurements with people of the same height shows the obvious reason to not follow mainstream fitting logics.

My WTF is 37.5", shoulder to floor is 63.5" and I'm 6'4".

My current irons are based on my 39" 5-iron to the grip cap end and 2° up.

I have been fit for 38.25" 5-iron and 4° up from Ping and never felt comfortable over the ball. The 39" specs suits me best of any I've tried and it's been a fairly long process.

We're all different and experimenting outside normal fitting philosophies is not necessarily a bad thing. Especially in an environment where there's an open conversation for everyone to participate in and learn from-whether each individual agrees or not-I don't really care. I'm excited with what I'm able to take out of the content and try it on my own equipment.

Well done all and thanks rybo for starting this roller-coaster!

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

• 1 month later...

I started playing SL irons last year and really improved my game over the past year. I was playing them at 36.75" or +1/2" (8 iron length) as that was what I have played for years. After reading Rybo's theory, I decided to have them lengthened an inch to 37.75" long or +1.5". I really couldn't go much higher as the SW were getting up there.

I've practiced with them 2x out on the course hitting shots in to the green from 20, 40, 60, 95, and 135 yards and I am sold! I was worried about the upper end of the bag clubs but if my practice is any indication, this is going to be a fun year. I am so comfortable over the ball and I feel like I am swing at 80% with no loss of distance and my accuracy was incredible for me.

From 95 yds I hits 6 shots at a time and didn't have any balls outside of 20' and half inside 12'. I did this 3x! My short pitch shots were even better. If you are above avg height, check out Rybos chart and give the longer clubs a shot. I'm becoming a believer.

Driver - Cobra Speedzone

Hybrids

Cobra 17
      Wishon 775 21

Wishon 775 24 
Irons - Callaway Apex MB 6-A
Wedges - Maltby 54 60 TSW DRM
Putters - L.A.B Blad.1 and L.A.B. DF 2.1 Long
Titleist Yellow ProV1x / AVX 

• 3 weeks later...

This is a fun thread to go through. Like many on here, I've been tinkering with my irons. I played golf in college, but as I've gotten a little older and play less golf (10 years out of college) I was not happy with my consistency. I felt as though I was making good swings with my irons (especially short irons) but not getting correct contact. I'm 6'3" and was "fitted" at +0.5" at that time, but my WTF is 37.625".

I took a very unscientific approach to start. I always felt confident with a 6 iron, but as I got to an 8 and below, I was not feeling the same way. With that, I decided to start my build by putting my 8 iron at 6 iron length (+1" from where I was or +1.5" standard), and then go in 0.25" increments up and down. I knew it would throw off swing weight, etc but I decided to attack that later.

I was shocked by how much better my short iron play was immediately. The ball found the center of the club and my flight was dramatically improved. After that, I did some very minimal experimenting with random 7 iron (set to the length I liked) and began porting/adding lead tape to get the desired swing weight and feel. The final step was lie correct (goes from +0.5* to +1*) by hitting balls with marketed lines. I wasn't back to my "old" self, but I was feeling like I could be that player again.

The charts rybo provided in the beginning show men without shoes, but we play golf in shoes and they had almost an inch with softspikes. I'm 6'3" bare-foot, wearing shoes my WTF is 37" and shoulder height is 61" and I have fairly broad shoulders, my right arm is 1/2" longer than my left and I play right-handed.

I have extended all my irons with the LW at 37", the PW at 37.25" and the 4-iron at 40.5". I'm in Michigan so golf isn't really possible right now, but I have taken a few swings and I think I need to trim them all back a bit. I think I will probably settle on these lengths, but not sure if they are "right". I have been playing 3/8" increments for a few years, but haven't gone this long in the short irons due to swingweight issues. rybo what are your thoughts?

4-iron - 39 1/2"

5-iron - 39 1/8"

6--iron - 38 3/4"

7-iron - 38 3/8"

8-iron - 38"

9-iron - 37 5/8"

PW - 37 1/4"

GW -37 1/4"

SW - 37"

LW - 36 3/4"

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

I've had the chance to help a few tall individuals with their club fit. Something interesting happened when performing the low limit test.....they all ended up within 1/2" of their WTF measurement.(1 = -1/4", 1 = 1/4", 2 = +1/2") While the trial size is only N = 4 the repeatability of this is uncanny. Add me in for the the 5th individual as my WTF with shoes on ranges between 38"-38.5" depending on shoe height and my PW and GW are set to 38".

For golfers over 6' 2" setting the PW length to ones WTF is a very good starting point. It makes sense from an anthropometric perspective as your WTF length is direct measurement of a body proportion, in this instance the required amount of length needed from the ground to reach the wrist. This matches up with the length calcs I generated from the anthropometric charts. (BTW I also got a copy of the book the charts came from and it explains a lot with ergonomics)

Lie angles......after finding their low limits and building some test clubs all required upright lie angles. This surprised me even though it happened with my clubs too. I thought my needing +2* was singular in nature but has been proven to be more normal then expected. It may be that lie angle has more to do with shoulder height since this is the center point where the swing originates. Dug a bit deeper into why this was happening and noticed something interesting. Using myself for the numbers let me try to explain. An average height person of 5' 9" has a WTF height of 34" and typically uses 'standard' clubs with 64* lie angles (wedges) in the length range of 35" - 35 3/4". So the club length is 1" - 1 3/4" LONGER then their WTF measurement. My WTF is 38" on the low side, interestingly my 7 iron has a 64* lie angle and is 39" long, which is 1" LONGER then my 38" WTF.

I'm not saying this is gospel, perfect, or set in stone....just that it is repeatedly happening within this small sample size.

AmazinBlue's post right above this one is very interesting to me as his WTF with shoes is 37" and has his PW 37 1/4". You are likely very close to where you need to be or already there! Wait until you get a chance to hit some balls outside before trimming anything.

Have other info to add and will when I have some additional time

Need to reiterate one thing that became obvious when helping these people, changing lie angles changes hand height, but did not change the actual length of the club. Tall people need a real length change. The only way to get a real length change is by making the club longer. Again going more upright does not provide the taller individual with what they need. The golfer has to reach the ground without compensating by changing body positions.

Take two people with identical 38" WTF lengths. One is 6' tall the other is 6' 6" tall. (one has really short arms, the other long arms for their given height). Both should require very similar length PW's due to their WTF's, they have to be able to reach the ground. The shorter individual will comparatively require flatter lie angles and the taller individual will require more upright lie angles due to their different shoulder heights creating a different center point for the swing.

• 3 weeks later...

David Edel has some interesting commentary on why longer wedges have not been tried successfully.

Go to the 27:40 mark of the following podcast and listen!!

http://golfsciencelab.com/edel-golf-single-length-irons/

The entire podcast is fascinating however his understanding on longer wedges is in perfect alignment with what I have gone through.

Rybo,

Thanks for starting and continuing this thread! I'm beginning my own quest to build a set of clubs that are a better length for me.

I'm 6'2" with 36.5 WTF.

I'm starting with my 54* & 50* wedges at a length of 36.5". I'm going to see how I hit them. Use the line on ball to modify lie angle, figure out yardage gaps and adjust loft if needed.

Once I feel specs of wedges are copacetic I will repeat the process with PW, 9i, 8i, etc.

I think it's pretty bogus the way clubs are 'fit' to all players, not just tall ones.

Hundreds of thousands of combinations of head type, loft, lie, shaft type, flex, length. How on earth can a typical fitting cart narrow down the perfect specs for a player?

I suppose the average recreational golfer needs lessons and a better swing more than he/she needs perfect clubs. But with all the technology and knowledge we have, why can't the fitting process be better?

At the end of the day, if you want something done right ya gotta do it yourself!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to read the whole thread, but it got hard to follow after a couple pages. So first, I admit to not reading the entire thread and I apologize.

Rybo- I was hoping you could reference your chart and give me a suggestion. With shoes on, I'm a bit over 6' 4" with a 37.5" WTF measurement. Like you and others, I've always hated short irons- to the point that I really believe my accuracy within 150 yards is a huge hurdle that keeps me from breaking into the 70's more often. I can hit a driver well over 300, can carry a 3 wood 280, but a 5 iron goes 190, I use an 8 for my 150 club, and I cannot hit a 56 degree wedge further than 85 yards. Since it's time to regrip my clubs anyway, and I haven't been playing for the last few years, I think now is a good time to experiment. I'm probably going to stick with standard to slightly under on my 3 wood and driver because they've never been a problem(and neither have my 3-6 irons, for that matter.), but where would you suggest, based on your charts, might be a good starting point for my wedges and irons?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

I tried to read the whole thread, but it got hard to follow after a couple pages. So first, I admit to not reading the entire thread and I apologize.

Rybo- I was hoping you could reference your chart and give me a suggestion. With shoes on, I'm a bit over 6' 4" with a 37.5" WTF measurement. Like you and others, I've always hated short irons- to the point that I really believe my accuracy within 150 yards is a huge hurdle that keeps me from breaking into the 70's more often. I can hit a driver well over 300, can carry a 3 wood 280, but a 5 iron goes 190, I use an 8 for my 150 club, and I cannot hit a 56 degree wedge further than 85 yards. Since it's time to regrip my clubs anyway, and I haven't been playing for the last few years, I think now is a good time to experiment. I'm probably going to stick with standard to slightly under on my 3 wood and driver because they've never been a problem(and neither have my 3-6 irons, for that matter.), but where would you suggest, based on your charts, might be a good starting point for my wedges and irons?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

It's not at all surprising your 3-6 irons are fine, they have enough length to fit you. Since your WTF is 37.5" make that your PW length and use 1/4" increments for the 9 & 8 irons. You'll be bumping into your 6 iron at this point so it's up to you how you proceed. If it was me I would make the longer irons a bit longer and stagger the shorter irons at 1/4" and then use 3/8 for the longer irons. Your SW and LW will likely be a bit shorter, something around 36 3/4" - 37". Depends on your shaft and grip size combo.

It may feel odd at first but give it some time. Error on the side of too flat then too upright and let length dictate how the club swings.

The SW only going 85 yards is interesting. Should be able to get at least 120 yards out of it. Something odd going on for sure.

EDIT:

Where on the face are you hitting the SW? Towards the toe?

And what does the divot look like?

Since I'm here why not do two more updates.

Wedge shafts!

Finally found some solace for the SW and LW in the KBS C Taper S+ at 37 3/8". A bit short lengthwise but the combination of the overall stiffness and the bit of natural back-weighting of the shaft design has been tremendous! Playing the heads between 287g and 292g, not pretty, drilled out mess on a Callaway and a SM6, but very effective! Using GP CP2 Oversized with 4 wraps. I have tried literally 10+ shafts in these two clubs before finding something that could do it all. The C Taper does everything very well!

Putter Fitting!

Finally abandoned all preconceived notions with regards to putting fitting too. Used a mirror on the ground to get my eyes 1" inside the line. 37 1/4" and a new set up, ball much further away from me, and holy crap I can putt! Tall person problem again!!! Seriously for those of over 6' 2", any type of standard club is a problem, a big problem!

Side note:

Watched Bernard Langer warm up for the final round of the Chubb Classic and it was insane. Learn to hit the low fade with everything from the wedge to driver. He is closer to Hogan then I ever realized! Made some adjustments to my swing the next day and the results were dramatic. Never in my life have I hit the ball straighter! Would never have been able to do so without the added length, specifically in the short irons.

Rybo! Good to hear man. Glad you finally got the wedge shaft figured out. 10 plus wedge shaft trails isn't cheap! Wonder if the stiffer butt and more weight in the hands profile of the c taper just works better for over length wedges?? I'm guessing at that length the shaft is probably playing similar to being soft stepped x2? Do you know how much weight total you reduced the heads by?

Over length putter is key too. I have gone to a 36" counterbalanced set up(355g head 130g grip) and my putting has dropped close to 5 putts per round, NutZ! I prefer my eyes directly over the ball (more of a straight back and through stroke). I'm a left eye dominant right hander so since going to a zero offset slight toe hang mallet at the same time as length adjustment, the results have been unreal. I still have a slightly hunched over posture, so my arms can still hang down with no tension but it is very comfortable and so easy to align the face to my desired line.

Also, wanted to ask what your driver length and lie settled at?

Rybo! Good to hear man. Glad you finally got the wedge shaft figured out. 10 plus wedge shaft trails isn't cheap! Wonder if the stiffer butt and more weight in the hands profile of the c taper just works better for over length wedges?? I'm guessing at that length the shaft is probably playing similar to being soft stepped x2? Do you know how much weight total you reduced the heads by?

Over length putter is key too. I have gone to a 36" counterbalanced set up(355g head 130g grip) and my putting has dropped close to 5 putts per round, NutZ! I prefer my eyes directly over the ball (more of a straight back and through stroke). I'm a left eye dominant right hander so since going to a zero offset slight toe hang mallet at the same time as length adjustment, the results have been unreal. I still have a slightly hunched over posture, so my arms can still hang down with no tension but it is very comfortable and so easy to align the face to my desired line.

Also, wanted to ask what your driver length and lie settled at?

Something I figured out early on is standard CPM values basically go out the window in over length builds. Sure the cpm's go down, but they should due to the much longer length. Can't really define it as soft stepped 2X's, you would not want the same cpm for a club that is now 2"+ longer. Finding the best shaft took some time but it was well worth it!

Driver is an Epic Sub Zero at 46 1/4" in the 'N' or standard lie setting. Club is a beast! 3wd and 5wd have not changed, neither have the irons.

Such a great thread. I'm 6'3", 225lbs, and a WTF of approx 37.75". Old wedges were 35 7/8" and D5, but starting to experiment with longer lengths. I made a RTX3 with a SF 125 stiff at 36 1/4" but its around D9 and a bit heavy. Might extend an old Mizuno T11 to 36 3/4" and port it if needed just to experiment a bit. I think I may need to step into X flex at that length though, and maybe drop down to the 110g weight.

I'm wondering if this is why I feel way more comfortable with my hybrids rather than my irons? Hybrids are always about an inch longer stock with the graphite.

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid