TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok folks this is the last week.

I will be posting the final week's lines soon.

We will crown a season long champ next Tuesday.

We too will all owe that player a cold one.

Now with the commissioner concluding his duties after the 17 week season, who will take the reigns for a "playoff's" picks contest?

I am interested in participating. You all can toss around ideas for formats.

Thanks again everyone for playing. I think it was an enjoyable contest, and many of you enjoyed the banter it produced.

touch

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

I see something.

I see the 3-0 record for the week of GolfgirlLizie !

Congrats there girl!

and then the commissioner added ...................

beaten+by+a+girl.jpg

11 PM est and there are no lines posted for two games this Sunday.

New Orleans v. Carolina and Arizona v. Seattle

as soon as those get up I will post this weeks lines.

Heading into the final week it's still anyone's game (well not anyone, it's either knockitclose or 1puttTut) BUT if knockitclose goes 0-3 AND 1puttTut goes 3-0, we'll have a new #1..... So probably not.

Updated ATS (like it matters):

Touch, time for our weekly chant.

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

I can't seem to do better than 1-2 any given week and this guy hits a 12 leg parlay. I need lessons.

That is an awesome card there. The Steelers +5.5 was a great play but the over was ballsy. He gets saved by the hook in New England with the Bills +12.5, and the Texans +2.5 in Philly. He hit the under in Clev/Cinncy by .5 Those hooks can make or break you.

Both the Steelers and Saints playing decent defense of late, the Second and Third quarter was a shootout. It looks like he played his top 6 picks and top 6 totals

Makes me want to go to the nearest sports book and throw down a 5 dollar bet.

It is truly a shot in the dark but lots of fun when you are pulling for that one last pick to hit LoL.

A Playoff pool would be fun. The Playoffs look like they might be wide open this year. I doubt many were on Philly last year. I was hoping for a Minnesota or Saints win from the NFC. And Jacksonville from the AFC

The times have changed this year. Philadelphia is still alive though, what a story that would be. And as usual the damn Patriots are still in the running for home field advantage for the playoffs. It seems the crappier they play the better their odds.

Oh Well I am happy to be above 500 in the picks pool inched my way up the chart and hope to post a positive mark in week 17.

Week 17 Lines for picks

Final Week All games on Sunday

Dallas at NY Giants -6 41

Oakland at Kansas City -13 1/2 53 1/2

Carolina at New Orleans - 9 44 1/2

NY Jets at New England -13 1/2 45

Philadelphia -7 at Washington 42

Detroit at Green Bay -8 44 1/2

Jacksonville at Houston -6 1/2 40 1/2

Cleveland at Baltimore -6 41

Atlanta at Tampa Bay -1 51

Miami at Buffalo -3 1/2 39 1/2

Indy -3 at Tennessee 43 1/2

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh -14 1/2 45 1/2

Chicago at Minnesota -4 40 1/2

LA Chargers -6 1/2 at Denver 41 1/2

Arizona at Seattle - 13 1/2 38 1/2

San Fran at LA Rams - 10 49

Christmas is over, and like Charlie Brown at Halloween, "I got a rock." OK, the whoa is me is pathetic, and i wanted to make sure the kids got stuff, not me or my wife. But since she does all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. she always gets stuff from the extended family. They know I am useless, so there was no guilt in neglecting me. My daughter (17) looked at my "pile" in relation to hers and said, "I am sorry Daddy." But, on the plus side, my kids were ecstatic and really that is all that matters to me. In the gift category, there was a surprise winner. My adult son was given a gift certificate to a supermarket. I don't think i have seen him so happy, and we always tried to spoil him as a kid, so don't discount food as a quality gift.

Onto the picks. Back in the 80's I was rudderless, like many of my peers. If I wasn't listening to punk music, then I was at the Grateful Dead show, with a light sprinkling of the down in the mouth new wave music. Robert Smith came out with Boys Don't Cry and I really liked the album. While acknowledging, in retrospect, a youth ill spent, much of that time was listening to the Cure. A potential 2019 inductee into the RnR HOF, having said all this, I would not support their induction to Cleveland's only positive. The Browns have covered the spread 60% of the time according to the statistics above, and I don't think they like Baltimore. I don't think anyone likes Baltimore, but clearly Marty is doing a bang up job with whoever the rookie is. The other rookie QB is a brash gunslinger from the south, I don't know his name, but he seems to be winning some games and covering spreads. So I am going to take the Browns and the points in Poe's hometown.

I don't use the term doosh canoe lightly, but whenever I see Jerry Jones, I simply can't help myself. Somehow though, the Giants are giving points and I am just not sure the kid from PSU can carry the load and win the game, much less win by more than a FG. I don't know anything else about these teams except Eli is still the QB for the NYG. I remember my college roommate crowing about the Giants back in the day, but the day has passed. This is more a Piscarcek Giants than a Simms Giants team. I am taking the points and the Cowboys.

Lastly, the Steelers are huge favorites over the dumpster fire which sits further down the Ohio. The Steelers cannot cover a spread when they are favored, but I do think they win the game. I also cannot pick the Bungles, so I am going to take the over on this one.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday...

Week 17. Always brings strange lines and results. Last place Giants 6 pt favorites vs the first place Cowboys?! But, on the plus side, I think all but three games involve a playoff contender.

Clev-Balt. Rule #1 Don’t bet the home team. Screw Rule #1! Go big or go home. The Ravens are 5-1 w/Lamar Jackson, literally, running the offense. The defense is playing lights out. No winning season on dreary Lake Erie. Ravens -6

Philly-Wash. ‘Tis the season for St. Nick. What a crazy story! The Iggles have won 4 of their last 5, including the Rams and Texans, to get back in the playoff hunt. They need help, but they need to beat the Redskins and their 4th string QB. Eagles -7.

Arizona-Seattle. The Hawks probably need to win to maintain their playoff spot. Always tough at home, and I’m sure the Cards are ready to be done with 2018. Seahawks -13.5.

my final picks of the season

Indy -3

Blaine Gabbert is at the controls for the Titans, and that's enough for me.

Minnesota -4

In Captain Kirk I put my trust.

Philly -7

The Foles man continues to get it done. The Skins suck.

and one last lassie with pom poms........

78e20bb871ca107d9e1eb5fc34b901c1.jpg

Week 17 Lines for picks

Picking my normal folks isn't working, so let's wing it and see what happens.

ATL +1: Despite ATL being the worst to cover this year, I'd pick them to win outright, so the +1 is just a bonus. They've been playing better the last couple weeks while TB has lost their last 3 (but all against playoff teams).

DAL +6: Jerry claims they're not sitting starters despite the game having no playoff implications. If that's true, you can't pass on the clear favorite AND getting points.

NYJ +13.5: Jets have been rolling a little better lately, regardless of record. McGuire and Anderson let me to a 3rd place finish in fantasy, so as a nod of appreciation, they'll be my final pick.13.5 is just a lot of points. NE beat them by 14 several weeks ago but Jets have improved significantly since then. NE also failed to cover the 12.5 spread against the Bills last week, so maybe a similar outcome.

Bonus (irrelevant) pick: LAC -6.5. Chargers still playing in hopes of a Chiefs loss to jump into a bye week and against the DEN team that just lost to the raiders.

Week 17 Lines for picks

Houston -6 1/2

Cleveland +6

Indy -3

Week 17 Lines for picks

Yikes it's the dreaded week 17 Games that matter for 4 quarters, games that don't matter, games that might matter before they start but not during the game. Bears vs Vikings.

Who knows what to expect?

I know this for sure. The Ravens vs Browns might be a game which I would want to watch from beginning to end. Maybe Indy vs Tennessee also. Chicago and Minnesota could garner some interest

Philly/Skins could be fun if the Skins defense shows up and harasses Foles. Manusky is fighting for his Def.coordinator job, and this would be a great division game to show the world the Skins have still have some cohesion on defense. That ain't happening! I think Philly smokes them. Hint Philly might actually have home field advantage playing in Landover MD ...LoL Give me Philly -7

The Raiders played great last week in the Black Hole, Gruden gave the fans some hope for optimism, I am not buying it. The Chiefs should be motivated enough to put it to them at home Give me the Chiefs -13.5

I do not trust the health status of Marcus Mariota, I give super props to the new coaches for Tennessee and Indy for making their teams viable contenders again. I love the comeback of Andrew Luck, and the resurrection of Derrick Henry and think when completely healthy Mariota is a pretty good QB. That said I think Indy and Luck will do enough to win against Tennessee with Marlon Mack taking advantage of a banged up defense for Tennessee Give Me Indy -3

It's been fun posting on this board!

Good Luck in our Week 17 Finale!

I believe all the participants have made their picks for week 17.

I commissioner touch do hereby place this current copy of the standings here as reference.

It has been a good time starting and maintaining this thread.

Thanks to you all for chiming in weekly.

post-373857-0-07119600-1545834598.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-07-09-at-9.26.15-AM.png

1481171717470.jpg

Kirk Cousins you didn't get me a win yet again. arghh

2-1 for the final week

22-29 -0 for the season.

Solo in the basement I shall finish.

I thank the folks that visited me for a few weeks here and there all year, but in the end I reside alone down in the damp cellar.

See the ability to snag just one push on any given week all season eluded me.

And in the end a tie is better than a L.

Had I of snagged one, I could have had a roommate or two down here.

Throw me down a can of beans or SPAM from time to time please y'all.

You don't want me to wither away to nothing so I am unable to run this sucker again next season do you?

Commish

Any of you want to create and run a contest for the playoffs?

Someone else take the wheel please.

1200px-NFL_playoffs_logo_new.svg.png

Well not to shabby.

Finished 3-0 on a 6-0 run over the last 2 weeks

I think the games were somewhat predictable this week. I was a little shocked how much trouble Pittsburgh had with Cinncy at home without Dalton, Green, Boyd, but their defense showed up and Ben got in a hole early.

Another game that shocked me a bit is how bad Minnesota played at home with their playoff lives at stake, the Bears did not have to win but they go out and almost pitch a shutout on the road against a division rival, but oops I guess the Cousins jinx lives on.

Speaking of division rivals, who had Detroit pitching a shut out against Green Bay? Nada no one did thats who! Wow! how the Lions and Packers have fallen this year! Welcome to Misery Monday why don't you join the Cardinals, Panthers, Raiders, Buccaneers, Giants, Jets, Dolphins, Bengals, and those lowly Redskins in the land of misfit Toys!

I am shooting myself because I felt very strongly about the Eagles covering at their home away from home in FedEx Field where the green jerseys made a nice montage of Christmas colors mixed in with the burgundy ones. It looked pretty close as to who had the most fans at the game. I should have driven about an hour to West Virginia and put a big dollar amount on that game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/for-redskins-and-their-shrinking-fan-base-its-been-a-long-fall-under-daniel-snyder/2018/12/30/48a988fe-0c71-11e9-831f-3aa2c2be4cbd_story.html?utm_term=.be5ec44f186e

The Raiders had their Super Bowl last week, and the Chiefs needed to get right at home before the playoffs start, I think that game was very predictable also. I am glad the Raiders won last week which helped keep the line under 14.

Indy only giving 3?? I felt was good for at least a push at home but should get the cover against a really good Tennessee team which had been hurt by injuries at Qb and Defensive line, I like where they are headed with Vrabel, but I happen to like Indy more right now.

If Tennessee can get Mariota healthy like Luck is now, and Vrabel continues to coach up Derrick Henry to be a beast between the tackles they might have something there. They need some depth but all signs point to yes.

All signs point to yes with The Ravens and their switch to leaping Lamar Jackson who got a really good break on that call over the goal line, the Browns got screwed on that play, and the Browns were the story in the NFL this year. What a turnaround from the "Trumplike" regime known as "Hue always wrong... but a legend in his own mind Jackson"! I can't wait to see them play next year. I think Mayfield is going to be fun to watch, with Chubb running the ball also. They need some depth but will be a hoot to see. I can see them winning their division next year.

Well here come the playoffs and they should be fun to watch.

A lot of uncertainty with all of the parody in the league and the way the QB's are being protected, That bodes well for Qb's which move around a lot which so happens to be most of the Qb's in the playoffs with the exception of the elder statesmen like Brees, Rivers, Foles, and Brady. Trubisky, Wilson, Watson, MaHomes, Jackson, Prescott, like to move around more than most. Goff and Luck seem to rely on their ability to check down quicker than the average QB. Goff is underrated in my book, a lot of people seem to climb on the McVay bandwagon but give Goff little credit. Yes he's not a cold weather QB. But news flash! Even Brett Favre played poor games in the cold weather. Other than Tom Brady who is a "bleeping machine in Cold Weather", not many guys are cold weather Qb's Remember Deflategate though. That was also a Cold Weather game in the playoffs, just saying.

I think the Rams and Chiefs made things right heading into the playoffs.

McVay not playing Gurley could prove to be a great move with the ability to rest for another 2 weeks.

Same goes for the Saints giving Kamara and Brees the day off.

All roads go through New Orleans and Kansas City, when is the last time anyone said that about home field advantage in the playoffs?

I am game for a pool

Fore!

Happy New Year Everyone stay Healthy and Wise in 2019!

Think we could do it like last year. Pick spread and over/under for each game. Thoughts?

That is what I was thinking as well Q.

Make a selection in each game of the weekend in both side and total.

I was waiting for some input or someone to say they got it, but nobody has grabbed the reigns.

I got it .

Later today ( within 3 hours ) I will post the lines for this weekends action.

That is what we will do Q.

So stay tuned as it will be ON! A new contest just for the playoffs and will include the Super Bowl.

Folks I will be starting a new thread for the Playoffs picks contest.

Look for it as I am now creating it .

Somebody buy me a double Tito's and tonic tall please.

Oh and a basket of fried clams with double lemon and extra tartar too.

Thanks,

the basement guy

Folks I will be starting a new thread for the Playoffs picks contest.

Look for it as I am now creating it .

Somebody buy me a double Tito's and tonic tall please.

Oh and a basket of fried clams with double lemon and extra tartar too.

Thanks,

the basement guy

I'll hook you up in March!