NFL weekly pick's contest (season long) 2018

touch

_MH47736_cc48d4fc-5ca3-48e2-aa38-4995ccc84f3f.jpg

This guy leads them to a 31-21 win tonight.

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a lot of banter here since I ate my last turkey and stuffing sandwich a couple of days ago. Not sure about tonight's game. Dallas has a strong defense upper half of the league I would presume. But the Saints at home could come out and clock them for at least a ten point win. I do not know if the Saints secondary is as bad as the "FelonSkins". Junior Galette, Adrian Peterson and now Rueben Foster.

Look I know there are many teams with some questionable characters. But if you look at the long list of Dan Snyder mistakes for a timeline since he bought the team, this only confirms that the once proud franchise owned by Jack Kent Cooke is no longer! Their reputation in the league has plummeted and they can no longer sell out football games. Talk radio gives them verbal enemas on a daily basis and the local newspapers can write novels on their ineptitude in the front office. Lately, things on the personnel side improved a little. Building up the defensive and offensive lines was a positive move. But just when you think they are learning how to compete in this league. A head pops out from the curtain. And that is the mug of one Bruce Allen. A backstabbing egomaniacal ***** who has no business running a football team. Sounds like someone else in Washington. But not to be political here. Let's just say the Redskins deserve to be in the pit of misery...Dilly Dilly.

This new acquisition has a track record of assaults. What kind of message are they sending to the casual fan that you do not care about your team image, just win at all costs? Here is a clip from the Post about how they handled the press release.

The hidden costs are extreme, however: image, integrity, public trust. The Redskins are that franchise again. They don’t stand for anything. They knew this decision would get them roasted, which is why they quickly released a statement from Doug Williams, the senior vice president of player personnel, after the news broke. And they misspelled his last name, in all caps, on the release: WILLAMS. It only got worse from there.

“Today we have claimed the rights to LB Reuben Foster,” the statement read. “The Redskins fully understand the severity of the recent allegations made against Reuben. If true, you can be sure these allegations are nothing our organization would ever condone. Let me be clear, Reuben will have to go through numerous steps including the full legal process, an investigation and potential discipline from the NFL, as well as meetings with counselors associated with the team before he will ever have the opportunity to wear the Burgundy and Gold as a player.

“That being said, we decided to investigate the situation with Reuben further by claiming his rights after candid conversations with a number of his ex-Alabama teammates and current Redskins players who were overwhelmingly supportive of us taking this chance. Nothing is promised to Reuben, but we are hopeful being around so many of his former teammates and friends will eventually provide him with the best possible environment to succeed both personally and professionally.”

So far none of his Alabama teammates have said they were consulted.

Good luck "burgundy and gold" trying to win back the casual fan. That is how you put butts in seats, not just winning. It would be a heckuva of a lot easier to win if you built a culture of accountability and integrity instead of hack marketing ploys that become very transparent after years of failure and overblown hype. Maybe Dan Snyder sells the team in my lifetime and we can get back to be a storied franchise once again. But I am not passing judgment on any one player including Foster. Football is a violent sport and most of these guys are not choir boys. But that is not the point. The point is the Redskins are a joke and every time you think they take one step forward they take three steps backward. Bruce Allen is a loser and a backstabber. The good players like DJ Swearinger have called out coaches for being too lax, and management for letting it happen. This is why we can not hold onto our franchise QB. If we had a stable front office Cousins would have been under contract for much less than he got in Minnesota. I am so done with the so called burgundy and gold

IND -4: JAX seems to be a general dumpster fire. Hard not to take IND with only -4, but I've been wrong before....a lot.

CAR -3.5: CAR beat them 42-28 last game. Fingers crossed they can cover a mere 3.5 in the rematch.

DEN -3.5: no soul stealing ginger and possibly still no AJ Green. Got blown out by CLE. Plus the bad juju of Hue Jackson. No thanks CIN.

I may regret it, but I'm going to swap out the CAR game for ATL +2.

IND -4: JAX seems to be a general dumpster fire. Hard not to take IND with only -4, but I've been wrong before....a lot.

CAR -3.5: CAR beat them 42-28 last game. Fingers crossed they can cover a mere 3.5 in the rematch.

DEN -3.5: no soul stealing ginger and possibly still no AJ Green. Got blown out by CLE. Plus the bad juju of Hue Jackson. No thanks CIN.

I may regret it, but I'm going to swap out the CAR game for ATL +2.

And......I'm changing again. Going to take my boys, KC -15. Final answer.

Something is not quite right in Dallas. I can not put my finger on it. But I think the refs got the memo that in Jerry’s World all rules do not apply. After all this is America’s team. You can lead with your helmet, commit pass interference and it might go unnoticed. Reminds of the old days when it seemed like all the calls went against the George Allen Redskins in Big D. That said the Saints looked surprised to get that much movement from the active Dallas front 7 especially the rookie Kyle Vander Esch He was everywhere. Deserved a game ball for sure. Don’t look now but I think the Cooper deal woke up a sleeping giant.

I didn't watch the game, so I can't speak to how bad last night was in particular, but officiating as a whole has been atrocious this year. There's always someone that's going to blame the refs, but this isn't just one-off fans. The narrative of every big game has immediately been about how horrible the officiating was (whether it affected the game or not). That really shouldn't be the only discussion every game, week in and week out. In the past, I felt like I didn't agree with a call, but understood the concept behind why they might have made it. Now it's just random phantom calls that no one saw and aren't replayed, blatant missed calls on game deciding plays, people getting ejected for weak/bogus unsportsmanlike penalties, etc. We seem to say it every year, but it's as true as it's ever been, that they need to figure something out before they completely ruin the game.

They're human. They're going to miss calls at full speed, but the rate in which calls are missed or incorrectly made seems to be getting exponentially higher.

WEEK 13 Lines for Picks

Thursday Night

New Orleans -7 1/2 at Dallas 53

Sunday

Indy -4 at Jacksonville 47 1/2

LA Chargers at Pittsburgh -3 1/2 51 1/2

Carolina -3 1/2 at Tampa 56 1/2

Baltimore -2 at Atlanta 49

Cleveland at Houston -4 1/2 45

Buffalo at Miami -5 40

Chicago -4 1/2 at NY Giants 45

Denver -3 1/2 at Cincinnati 42 1/2

LA Rams -10 at Detroit 55

Arizona at Green Bay -14 44 1/2

KC - 15 at Oakland 55 1/2

NY Jets at Tennessee -9 1/2 40

Minnesota at New England -6 48 1/2

San Fran at Seattle -10 46

Monday Night

Washington at Philadelphia -6 1/2 44 1/2

Get your home dogs. They are on "Special" this week. There are 7 of them available.

We are in the home stretch of this contest boys and girls. Thanks to you all that have been participating the entire season.

touch

ATL +2

INDY -4

MIN +6

My week 13 picks

Baltimore / Atlanta OVR 49

Cleveland / Houston OVR 45

San Fran / Seattle OVR 46

4-Sexy-NFL-Referee-NFL-Cheerleaders-Halloween-Costumes-Titans.jpg Now don't complain about all the officials gents!

47322915_2242193169160692_8641456912308633600_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=31c64d69bb5d4f48cb2c7337e26f95d5&oe=5C6D8ABA

It's a knock out comedy. You'll definitely get a kick out of it.

47355494_2242114939168515_4546801191572471808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=18b4fd2146937b8b2ccc368ed6a28d95&oe=5CA84376

Something is not quite right in Dallas. I can not put my finger on it. But I think the refs got the memo that in Jerry’s World all rules do not apply. After all this is America’s team. You can lead with your helmet, commit pass interference and it might go unnoticed. Reminds of the old days when it seemed like all the calls went against the George Allen Redskins in Big D. That said the Saints looked surprised to get that much movement from the active Dallas front 7 especially the rookie Kyle Vander Esch He was everywhere. Deserved a game ball for sure. Don’t look now but I think the Cooper deal woke up a sleeping giant.

Dallas' D destroyed them up the middle all game long. Brees could not do his patent step up out of harms way.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Well, I headed up the stairs from the basement only to find the door at the top was locked.

I hear the first live notes of a Stacy Phelps song (New Orleans Blues, I believe) from down below.

I slide down the banister.

Touch has saved me a front row seat for Stacy's concert but also signed me up to sell glow bracelets to the crowd.

There's a taco buffet and Cokes with lime.

Someone decorated the place with a small Santa and a dancing pink pig ballerina.

Week 13 picks

Cleveland + 4 1/2

Atlanta +2

Philadelphia -6 1/2

:golfer:

What a game Alabama v. Georgia.

Fantastic intensity.

Anyone else enjoy the SEC Championship as much this evening as this basement dude?

Message from the commissioner - week 13 update

Pete3jacker has had a shaky two weeks.

Qqq is making jumps ahead in the ranks each week I believe.

But in the lead with a 22-13-1 record, and in first place we have knockitclose.

I'm reminding you all that knockit posted that he was in the contest before week one. He proceeded to forget about the contest during

that week one. Family first indeed sir. So he started week two. He said give me a 0-3 start for missing week one.

so you could say he gave us a few pops (strokes) .

Nice work knockitclose

commissioner t

DtX94qUXgAAt4SJ.jpg

SF +10

Wash +6.5

GMen +4.5

I cannot believe UGA didn't check out of the fake punt when Bama left their defence on the field just brain dead. Woulda been a very nice payout for me, in hindsight I should of hedged out down live but I didn't think Jalen would be able to bring them back, whatever.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

WEEK 13 Lines for Picks

Thursday Night

Sunday

Buffalo at Miami -5 40

Monday Night

Get your home dogs. They are on "Special" this week. There are 7 of them available.

We are in the home stretch of this contest boys and girls. Thanks to you all that have been participating the entire season.

touch

"Who do you think I am a guy who can't win on prime time on the road against a guy who can"? This is the story of the Patriots vs Vikings Brady at Home against a QB still trying to deliver in the clutch Xavier Rhodes banged up, Gronk coming back, Michel playing, Diggs banged up All signs point to the Patriots and the cover. Patriots -6...line is -5 is some places but I will take Pats -6

Arizona going on the road to Lambeau in the cold. They are pathetic! I can not believe the Pack at home will not cover the -14 against this crap team. Give Me Aaron Rodgers to put the throttle down with some dump offs to Aaron Jones and D Adams going deep. The defense scores a TD Pack win by 23 points! Give me Packers -14

I will say this.....Point of Order, Point of Order! There is one team I detest even more than the hapless Cardinals...the brothers Gruden are not cranking out very nice melodies this year. The Raiders are about ready to quit on the season

Vegas pushing the line up to 15 means they are begging for action on the Raiders...will give you an extra incentive into taking the Amari Cooperless, Mackless, brainless Oakland Raiders! Taking the Chiefs who will come out gunning even though they lost Hunt to a video, Spencer Ware is not much of a drop-off and Chris Conley is more than adequate if Sammy Watkins is out. Andy Reid needs to keep his team on track and he will rally them into a well played 4 quarters affair

Chiefs -15

My week 13 picks

Baltimore / Atlanta OVR 49

Cleveland / Houston OVR 45

San Fran / Seattle OVR 46

Seemingly the best I can do if not 3 goose eggs .

1-2 this week . lol

Hey doctoro,

Question for you after their losing to Tampa Bay yesterday.

How is that Superman QB you love so much doing on the road this year? answer 1-5 !

Top tier qb is he still? Overrated I say.

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Saints don't have any concerns this year with the Panthers. Or the Falcons for that matter. LOL

WEEK 13 Lines for Picks

Thursday Night

Sunday

Buffalo at Miami -5 40

Monday Night

touch

ATL +2

INDY -4

MIN +6

My friends call me Owen........Owen-3!!!

Just can't make up my mind which three teams will fail me this week.

Texans are on an 8 game win streak. 4-1 at home. The surprising Cleveland Browns don't travel well.I'll take Houston -4.5

(Predicted result: Mayfield-Watson would have been Leinart-Young Part 2. But, freakin' Alabama. Texans win by 3)

I hate picking yet another road favorite. The Broncos have been playing well the past couple weeks. The Bengals were struggling before Dalton got hurt, and I have no idea who the backup QB is for Cincy. Was Mark Sanchez, Gino Smith, or one of the McCown brothers not available? Denver -3.5

(Predicted result: Joe Mixon overload. Cincy by 1)

This one sounds reasonable enough. The Patriots are 5-0 at home. The Vikes didn't look too good a couple weeks ago when they just had to travel down Lake Michigan. Now they need to traverse the St. Laurence Seaway and sail around Nova Scotia to get to ... Foxboro. Patriots -6

(Predicted result: Adam Thielen would be the most Brady-compatible receiver since Wes Welker. You betcha the MN native goes off, eh. Patriots win by a FG)

What happened here?! I went 3-0.

Perhaps fate got confused when I included 'what will probably happen' along with my pick.

Update: I believe that makes my overall record 19-17-3. Solidly mediocre!

I'm reminding you all that knockit posted that he was in the contest before week one. He proceeded to forget about the contest during

that week one. Family first indeed sir. So he started week two. He said give me a 0-3 start for missing week one.

Nice work knockitclose

commissioner t

Shaky two weeks followed right up with a 3-0 this past week.

Well now!! Nice Pete

Nice work knockitclose

commissioner t

I'll poll the audience since we have a discrepancy in the record keeping. If someone misses a week should we be ignoring it (since we're calculating off of win percentage and 16 weeks is still a large enough sample to compete) or should we be counting it as an 0-3 week? If someone missed several weeks, it obviously gives them a slight advantage as each win is worth more, but one out of 17 shouldn't be too big of a deal.

We've got two participants who missed one week and they're being counted two different ways. My OCD would like them to at least be treated consistently. I'd be fine (i.e. vote for) taking away 3 losses for knockitclose since he missed week one. But I'm in the bottom third of the scrap heap, so my opinion doesn't mean much.

Well, for me, my ego is wrapped up in this much like it is on my booming 240 yd drives at 3000 feet of elevation.

I just like to prognosticate like Jimmy the Greek without the racism and see how are others are doing.

Winning/losing is a non-event for me, its just the participation that matters.

As the stat guy, you make the call and know I am simply appreciative of the effort.

Now, if we could get the Steelers to run the effin ball more when they average 4.2 yds per carry instead of throwing it all over the place and losing stupid games my fall would be complete. "Turrible, simply turrible."

Well, for me, my ego is wrapped up in this much like it is on my booming 240 yd drives at 3000 feet of elevation.

I just like to prognosticate like Jimmy the Greek without the racism and see how are others are doing.

Winning/losing is a non-event for me, its just the participation that matters.

As the stat guy, you make the call and know I am simply appreciative of the effort.

Now, if we could get the Steelers to run the effin ball more when they average 4.2 yds per carry instead of throwing it all over the place and losing stupid games my fall would be complete. "Turrible, simply turrible."

I too am very appreciative of the Stats man. I am in/created this sucker for weekly banter, balking and barking, and to be a participant. You all decide which is most suitable for the crowning of the champ.

Steelers running the ball issues got you a bit blue is it Montana Pete ? cough try being a Redskins fan this year. UGH

Thanks again Adam

Nice work knockitclose

commissioner t

I'll poll the audience since we have a discrepancy in the record keeping. If someone misses a week should we be ignoring it (since we're calculating off of win percentage and 16 weeks is still a large enough sample to compete) or should we be counting it as an 0-3 week? If someone missed several weeks, it obviously gives them a slight advantage as each win is worth more, but one out of 17 shouldn't be too big of a deal.

We've got two participants who missed one week and they're being counted two different ways. My OCD would like them to at least be treated consistently. I'd be fine (i.e. vote for) taking away 3 losses for knockitclose since he missed week one. But I'm in the bottom third of the scrap heap, so my opinion doesn't mean much.

My two cents, as someone who is out of the running and has 3 pushes, LOL, I think it should be hockey scoring - 2 points for a win, 1 point for a push. If you don't submit picks, you just miss out on points that week.

Alternative would be win % based on games that were not pushes. But, that doesn't solve the issue of missed weeks. Doesn't seem right to assign 0-3 for a missed week. Maybe number of weeks played or total number of wins is a tie breaker.

I don't have a problem with someone missing a week. Seems a bit harsh to dock them 0-3 for a week they did not participate in.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4