NFL weekly pick's contest (season long) 2018

touch

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another lousey 0-3 week. Committed to the Chargers then chickened out and got the karma I deserved. The Chargers win and my replacement pick lost. Go figure.

Updated standings:

Updated ATS:

I'm on my way Touch. Be there shortly.

I'll send you guys down the newest Auto Trader to enjoy. I hear one guys got a dash mat for a 69' Nova he wants to sell!!!

your post- I loved it !!

any sources for a right side turn marker lamp for a 71' Maverick CHuntsman? Mines cracked. Oh it's a Grabber!

grabber1-e1458568055575.jpg

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

And they are heading for the final turn.

It's been a neck and neck race since the halfway point of this contest. It's Knockit by a length. I have 1PuttT in second followed closely by Pete3jacker. Then Qqq qqqq qqqq and doctorothecamlover a few lengths back. In 6th position is Crabbyone. Sorry to report halfway back around the track is CHunter, LizzieGirl, and AmazingAdam.

in last place and headed to the glue factory already is Commish.

Handle those tickets with care. Watch your bets as we are coming down to the wire.

2 weeks left participants !

the field

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c19a394653732624dd434e5

touch

giphy.gif

Week 16 Lines for Picks

Saturday Games

Washington at Tennessee -10 37

Baltimore at LA Chargers -4 1/2 44

Sunday Games

Tampa at Dallas -7 46 1/2

Buffalo at New England -13 44 1/2

Atlanta at Carolina -2 1/2 47

Jacksonville at Miami -4 39

NY Giants at Indy -9 1/2 46 1/2

Houston at Philly -2 45 1/2

Minnesota -5 1/2 at Detroit 43 1/2

Green Bay -1 at NY Jets 44

Cincy at Cleveland -8 44 1/2

LA Rams -14 at Arizona 46

Chicago -4 at San Francisco 42 1/2

Pittsburgh at New Orleans -6 53 1/2

Kansas City -2 1/2 at Seattle 53 1/2

Monday Night

Denver -2 1/2 at Oakland 44

Thanks to the Commish for his odds info. And on top of that for going way and above for posting such odds early.

Am heading out of town tomorrow, no laptop so no internet connect where I am going.

Safe and happy Xmas everyone.

Week 16 picks

N.E. -13

Dallas -7

Miami -4

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Another lousey 0-3 week. Committed to the Chargers then chickened out and got the karma I deserved. The Chargers win and my replacement pick lost. Go figure.

Updated standings:

Updated ATS:

I'm on my way Touch. Be there shortly.

I'll send you guys down the newest Auto Trader to enjoy. I hear one guys got a dash mat for a 69' Nova he wants to sell!!!

your post- I loved it !!

any sources for a right side turn marker lamp for a 71' Maverick CHuntsman? Mines cracked. Oh it's a Grabber!

grabber1-e1458568055575.jpg

The only thing missing is a barefoot gas pedal!!

Week 16 Lines for Picks

Saturday Games

Sunday Games

Monday Night

This 2-10 slide I am facing has been brutal. I look at my slide and wonder what I could be doing differently in my everyday life to right the ship. I have been golf nerding on the sim recently, so I quit that. I have stopped drinking beer as I fight the increasing volume of my belly and my slothly winter lifestyle. And speaking of this, did you see the post about drinking and golf? Is this even a question? Every golf cart has a cooler, is the cooler designed to hold vitamin water? Heck no, it is designed to hold 12 oz cans of deliciousness. I voted but didnt opine on the situation because it seems self evident. Even when I walk, there are a couple of barley pops in the bag. The weight holds no concerns for me so much as the refreshing "pfft" of the top cracking open standing in the middle of a long par 4 (or more likely standing in the trees on a long par 4).

This week I would like to take the Chiefs and the ill fitting helmet to beat and cover at the Seahawks this weekend. The news of the new Seattle NHL team has the city amped up for anything but football. I like Wilson, but don't love him, maybe because his helmet fits properly, not sure though. I see the Chiefs even without their woman beating running back doing something good, they will have figured it out by now. As an aside about the Seattle scene, I do hope they incorporate some of the native artwork into the new hockey teams logo.

Is there a team hotter than the SD Super Chargers? If so, I can't think of them, so I will give the points and throw my hands up with the perverse east coast bias. I still hate Rivers, but I do like their weather down there.

Lastly, Sunday is a day for IC Light and Gumbo. If you have never had an IC Light, you have to have an open mind, because it really does suck, but ultimately it is the beer of choice in the City of Champions. The Saints average 30+ points a game at home, the Steelers really do suck, they just had a minor hiccup against the Patriots and managed to win the game. I see Kamara running like a scalded dog, and Brees passing for a ton of yards while the Steelers rotate Sensabaugh and Burns on the outside wondering how do we stop this train. Of course, Ben comes out slinging and fires 1-2 picks and this permits the Saints to pin their ears back and just come after the QB. Not dissimilar to the Cowboys, you never know how the Steelers are going to play, if they commit to the run, they might keep the score down but this seems unlikely. I am picking the over on the points since if the Saints just score their average number of points, the Steelers only need to score two TDs and attempt 6 field goals with the hopes they hit 3 of them.

Rolling into the holidays on a 16.66666% win streak isn't how i envisioned this going, but here i am, and here I will stay. To all who participate, have a happy holiday (or perhaps you have already had your holiday), and see you after the 2019th birthday. Have an IC LIght or Yuengling for me.

Week 16 Lines for Picks

Saturday Games

Sunday Games

Monday Night

I'm taking an all AFC West set of picks this week.

KC -2.5: Don't like the pick, but I'll get back to supporting my boys. Eric Berry will hopefully be a full game participant which should help that horrid defense quite a bit. Look for the offense to bounce back from the rough loss to LAC.

DEN -2.5: I just still have no faith in Oakland, I don't care if they're coming off an upset. They're a mess. Gruden's most recent shenanigans was stating that he is "very high" on Peterman coming in for a workout. Yes, the same historically bad Peterman that we've been making fun of all year. We're all starting to realize that you, in fact, have been "very high" all season John. Look around at the mess you made.

BAL+4.5 (against LAC): This pick could get flipped throughout the week depending on injury updates. KC played BAL and LAC the last two weeks and BAL was the scarier team to me. However, LAC were missing Gordon and Allen. If they're both healthy, I may give the points and take LAC, but for now, I'm going to stick with that BAL defense, which is 1000X better than the KC defense, keeping Rivers from a late comeback. I don't think LAC have such a thing as home field advantage. Justin Tucker (the most accurate kicker of all time) got snubbed for the Pro Bowl, so look for him to kick a 65 yard game winning field goal out of spite. TBD.

Week 16 Lines for Picks

Saturday Games

Sunday Games

Monday Night

Someone please tell me the last time my Brownies were an 8 point favorite!! Dont worry, I'll wait.

Week 16 Lines for Picks

Saturday Games

Sunday Games

Monday Night

Someone please tell me the last time my Brownies were an 8 point favorite!! Dont worry, I'll wait.

I'm going to guess, December 30th, 2007. -11.5 favorite at home against the 49ers. Week 17 the year they finished 10-6.

None in their 2014 7-9 season and the rest were worse so hard to imagine them getting spotted 8.

My gut reaction would have been....

But once you threw it out there, I needed to know. Piqued my interest.

What is it about Christmas that makes me reflect on the past? From the times spent with my sister as young kids eagerly awaiting the arrival of Santa Claus, when my grandparents and great Uncles and Aunts used to be around every holiday, with fresh baked pies, homemade Lasagna, my Mom's awesome Christmas cookies. Watching the 72 Redskins ascend to new heights under George ALLen and the Over The Hill Gang. The Dancing Bear Ron McDole, Diron Talbert and those Thanksgiving games against Dallas.

Those memories were fond indeed.

So I can not help but get a little melancholy when I see todays football prodigies like Eli Manning, Cam Newton, Rob Gronkowski, LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Larry Fitzmagic, start to drift off into the shadows ceding their spot on the ESPN highlights to guys named MaHomes, Tyreek Hill, Gurley, Trubisky, Beckham, Barkley, Mayfield, Kamara, Mack.I hope they savor and make the most of their peak performances, etching their places in the Halls of Canton.

I can not help but root for the vets like Brees, Rivers, Ben, because I am an old guy myself and appreciate their body of work more in the bad years than only in the good ones. Oh yes Christmas usually marks the end for most of the teams in the NFL. But for those that make their fans Merry, savor the flavor because it's fleeting in most cases unless you are Tom Brady who might go down in history as the only Qb to play and win for as long as he has been able to do. Generations of Bostonians have had very Merry Christmases over the last 2 decades. For the rest of us, we gather around, eat, watch games and hope our fantasy football teams survive the playoffs.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and is able to cherish every year and the good times had with family, friends, and our favorite sports players and teams. Still Loving Alex Ovechkin!

Week 16 Lines for Picks

Saturday Games

Sunday Games

Monday Night

Almost forgot! Fortunately, I have a little time while my bacon-wrapped pork loin cooks...

Giants are 6-1 as an away team. 9.5 are a lot of points to get. As weird as it sounds, after the Colts shut out the Cowboys, I'll take the Giants +9.5

Okay, I'm sticking with weird. After losing dismally to the Vikings, Miami faces the craptastic Jaguars, coming off a loss to the Redskins' practice squad QB (or was Josh Johnson selling used cars 2 weeks ago?). Miami is 6-1 as a home team, 3-0 as a home favorite. Dolphins -4

The Patriots have lost 2 straight games in December... wait, that's weird, too! Could they lose to Buffalo? Nah. The Pats are 5-1 as a home favorite and have been severely tongue-lashed for their sub-par performance this past week. They still have a chance to earn a 1st round Bye in the playoffs, so I pity the Bills. NE -13

Busy times ahead in the Crabby household, so, if I don't logon again before next Tuesday, Merry Christmas!

posting my picks tomorrow .......... like who cares about the cellar dweller's stinky picks?.......but

I too would like to wish all the players here a Merry Christmas and a Joyous Holiday season. Add in a great start to 2019 as well.

I'll actually be teeing it up on Christmas day. 55* here in the NC mountains is the forecast. "I'm twice divorced and never had children, only dogs. " lol thanks for sharing commish. touch as card carrying member of the DOGDA . Divorced old golf dudes anonymous.

61Zxf0YyZeL._SX425_.jpg

No the wives were not the dogs. Truth. lol

Week 16 Lines for Picks

Saturday Games

Sunday Games

Monday Night

ATL: +2.5

GB: -1

SEA: +2.5

my week 16 picks

Sat. night

LA Chargers -4 1/2.

See the Chargers own the top spot in the big plays stat in all the league. 118 big plays ( 9 runs over 10 yards., x amount of passes over x yards...and so on). LaMar hasn't thrown for over 200 yds. in a game yet.

Baltimore going all the way west.

The Ravens hang around, but late in the game P.Rivers and his boys pull away to win by a TD.

Sunday

NY Giants plus the 9 1/2.

I see this as a light letdown game for the Colts. They have been on a "look at me" high since blanking the Cowgirls.

The Giants have been very competitive on the road of late. I'll take the big basket of points with ole Eli ! ugh

San Francisco +4

The 49rs are very poor on the road. They also have been mighty stout at home the last two games with victories over Denver and Seattle.

Big Mitch the Windy city's qb charmer has been mediocre at best on the road. He has shined at Soldier though. That is a new young qb syndrome.

This is a far away road game. I will take the decent basket of points with the niners in this one.

Let's go down to Tampa and see a cheery lady in the original Buc's colors shall we?

7b42f8219970bcd53c31d8e5ade40020.jpg

Week 16 Lines for Picks

Saturday Games

Sunday Games

Monday Night

Well Its Week 16

One thing is for certain Picking top 3 picks against the spread is never a guaranteed win. And that is evident here as well.

Even the Experts so called "Best Bets" are rarely above 60-65% this late in the season.

Imagine what picking all the games would look like????

Saturday Games look tempting.

The Skins/Titans line is up to 10.5-11.5 in most books I would jump on the Skins with the hook but not at 10 even. No Tight ends and possibly no Josh Doctson with a QB off the street and a makeshift offensive line. Yuck! All that said the middle of the Skins defensive line should be stout enough to stop D Henry in the middle and force Mariota to run around and play QB. Dion Lewis could be a factor. As will Chris Thompson be a factor for the Redskins. Peterson will have a tough time finding room to run as will D Henry. The Redskins defense will have to finish +1 to +3 in turnovers to cover and or win the game. "Mano y Mano" the Titans should methodically will themselves ahead in the 4th quarter if they play smart mistake free football. That is something the Redskins are not known for except when Alex Smith was running the offense which helped keep the defense fresh and able to close out games. Josh Johnson plays more like Smith than Colt McCoy who takes risks and throws to many picks. The sample size is to small though, or I would have jumped on the Skins + the points.

Ravens traveling west on a shorter time frame than the LAC is enough to push that line up to 4.5 which IMHO should be a little closer. Ekeler is still out and Keenan Allen is nursing a sore hip. Gordon should be back.

You can run the ball on the Chargers who have no real home field advantage playing in a crap stadium in L.A. I can see the Ravens running QB gashing the Chargers. But I do not see a lot of big plays in this game. Lamar Jackson will keep this game close with his opportunities to deliver passes to select areas on the field and with his feet. Ken Dixon is their running back on the rise, and the Ravens defense is a tough nut to crack. Rivers likes to slow play the snaps every single time, so I can see the clock moving fast in this game.

I am going to take a shot at the under on this one I think the Ravens have a chance to win this game, but give me the Under 44 Ravens vs Chargers. With Lamar Jacksons threat to run anytime I can see the Ravens getting into the playoffs and potentially upsetting an unprepared team. They look like the Bears of the AFC

My next 2 picks will come later.

Well mechanical problems meaning I am still here. Vehicle will be fixed sometime Monday and and gone hopefully that day. Urrrrgggggghhhhh.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Well mechanical problems meaning I am still here. Vehicle will be fixed sometime Monday and and gone hopefully that day. Urrrrgggggghhhhh.

You can borrow my Maverick. Going far?

CC-37-031-800.jpg?resize=560%2C420

Wow a thriller in the Ravens game at 6-0 .

Pretty good run down of tonight's NFL games so far there doctoro. Called the Titans real close.

Called the under in the Bolts game as well. Nice work.

Of course the commish has those Bolts minus four and a hook.

oh well I hope for a better second half out of San Diego, errrrrr LA.

I ran to the corner store and am all set for the Chargers comeback.

got a 6 of these tasty brews

iclightcan.png

Wow a thriller in the Ravens game at 6-0 .

Pretty good run down of tonight's NFL games so far there doctoro. Called the Titans real close.

Called the under in the Bolts game as well. Nice work.

Of course the commish has those Bolts minus four and a hook.

oh well I hope for a better second half out of San Diego, errrrrr LA.

I ran to the corner store and am all set for the Chargers comeback.

got a 6 of these tasty brews

iclightcan.png

My roll continues, I need about 30 of those before my next set of picks. Had an amazingly weird (not in a good way) week leading into the holiday, thankfully after starting the week 0-1, some things are going along normally.

Week 16 Lines for Picks

Saturday Games

Sunday Games

Monday Night

I am such a Wuss. Afraid to jump on the 10 points in the Skins/"Oilers" game. What the hell?! All because I wanted that hook. SO glad I called it but still should have jumped on it. The money line on the "Oilers" and the spread for the Skins was the sharp bet.

The Chargers vs Ravens was almost how I envisioned it. The Chargers were hanging around but let the Ravens defense control to much of the game. Interceptions can be really costly in more ways than one. But that is what good defenses do.

"Playoffs?!!! You're talking about Playoffs?!!!

Now here is a conundrum. The Chiefs potent offense is starting to sputter just a touch, and the Chargers got exposed by an aggressive defense...does that mean teams like the Steelers, Patriots, and Indy Colts have a backdoor chance to upset an offensive stalwart? Not if they are playing on the road in the playoffs. Steelers suck on the road, the Patriots are usually much better at home. Colts??? What does anyone really know about the Colts???

Their defense is playing lights out football and Andrew Luck is really good at finding the open guy before the defense does. I do not think anything is a lock now. Colts and Ravens might go all the way. But the Chiefs might recapture that magic in the playoffs with the playmaking of MaHomes and T. Hill overshadowing some deficiencies on defense. Titans nope and Texans nope. They can not run the ball well enough in December to keep Watson from having to do it all. Derrick Henry and Lamar Jackson are good but not dominant against stout defenses who scheme. This will put to much pressure on their a little above average defenses enough to not sustain a winning streak in the playoffs. Not to mention D. Hopkins might not be around with his gimpy ankle. Do you think the Steelers are feeling it today after that rousing victory by the Ravens? Can they go to the Dome and beat the Saints on the road? I do not think that is happening. But it should be a good game. A healthy Conner and a J Samuels might be enough to make Pittsburgh a dark horse, but I don't trust the coaching enough to put them in just yet. Patriots are the team I predict goes down in Round 1

They are not good anymore. What a Christmas present that would be for me!

Give Me the Over 53.5in that Chiefs vs Seattle game. Two QB's who can sling it with two defenses that are decent against the run but not so much against the pass. Tyler Lockett and T Hill get fat in this game.

I am loving me some revenge on the home turf against that over hyped Hue Jackson. Will he be on the field? Or will he be up in the booth? That will be a game I would love to see. Give Me some Baker Mayfield and the Browns-8 at home.

Boom Let's Go 3-0 this week its Crunch Time!

Well late late late in the 4th quarter I was 2-1.

After games ended I was 0-2-1. Pats give up 31yd. TD with minute left and the Bucs score with 2 minutes left. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :drinks: :help: :angry: :angry2: :angry22:

Season: 23-23-2

The skid continues.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Great game tonight gong on.

Started my love of watching the NFL in 1970 as a 9 year old.

So pleased to see the dawning of this fabulous qb so many years later.

Y'all know the Seahawks come after you in their 12th man land. Yet this stud is finding ways to keep the drives churning.

Toast to the kid who sent Mayfield to Sooner land.

usa_today_11095694.0.jpg

Brees v. Big Ben's duel

followed by Russel Wilson and Mahomes battle.

Today was a great day in the NFL . awesome

Week 16 Lines for Picks

Saturday Games

Sunday Games