HackMotion wrist sensor

capncaryl

• 2 weeks later...

Hackmotion is a great device. Same device in three Versions just software cut down  below the PRO version for 995 €. Putting without pronation and supination, the main reason for an open clubface at impact, in the PLUS Version for 495€?

The Hackmotion costs 995€ as the smaller Versions are useless. That is way overpriced at least for the player.

Edited by Peter_b
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 11:55 PM, Peter_b said:

Hackmotion is a great device. Same device in three Versions just software cut down  below the PRO version for 995 €. Putting without pronation and supination, the main reason for an open clubface at impact, in the PLUS Version for 495€?

The Hackmotion costs 995€ as the smaller Versions are useless. That is way overpriced at least for the player.

Yeah, the Plus version for $495 should have Ulna/radial for the full swing. Its the main thing i need to work on but $500 for software upgrade is crazy !

• 5 months later...

When I first got this it was very helpful in helping me drop from playing like a 9 handicap down to a 5.8 and I was still dropping at that point.  But then I developed new swing faults after some bad lessons and compounded it with needing two surgeries this year.  It’s not helping at the moment especially for my specific faults but definitely proved a very helpful tool for the problems I had when I got it.  

The feelings I got from my early use were key to making me understand my faulty wrist action and concepts over the years.

The pro sendr also helps on full swing wrist action but costs less although the hack motion data can be very helpful and has multiple uses (eg putting as well).  I would not buy both.  Arguably the hanger product will also fix wrist action too at lower cost although I never tried one.  

My current key faults developed in my pivot/leg action as well as my arms going too far behind me (bad Jim Hardy school teachings).  The hack motion and pro sendr won’t really fix a faulty pivot - at least not the faults I’d developed.  

So it depends on your technical faults (if any) as to whether it will help you much.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, harveythomas said:

When I first got this it was very helpful in helping me drop from playing like a 9 handicap down to a 5.8 and I was still dropping at that point.  But then I developed new swing faults after some bad lessons and compounded it with needing two surgeries this year.  It’s not helping at the moment especially for my specific faults but definitely proved a very helpful tool for the problems I had when I got it.  

The feelings I got from my early use were key to making me understand my faulty wrist action and concepts over the years.

The pro sendr also helps on full swing wrist action but costs less although the hack motion data can be very helpful and has multiple uses (eg putting as well).  I would not buy both.  Arguably the hanger product will also fix wrist action too at lower cost although I never tried one.  

My current key faults developed in my pivot/leg action as well as my arms going too far behind me (bad Jim Hardy school teachings).  The hack motion and pro sendr won’t really fix a faulty pivot - at least not the faults I’d developed.  

So it depends on your technical faults (if any) as to whether it will help you much.  

Does this unit measure flexion/supination at address and the proper range you should be on top and at impact based on the angle at address?

12 hours ago, swoosh21 said:

Does this unit measure flexion/supination at address and the proper range you should be on top and at impact based on the angle at address?

The Pro version measures extension/flexion, ulnar/radial and rotation. They call it rotation and not pronation/supination because the device doesn’t know how much of the rotation is happening due to pronation/supination verses body turn. 

There are only suggested ranges for extension/flexion. These suggested ranges are based off your starting address position. Stronger grips means less flexion at top and impact, weaker grips means more flexion at top and impact. 

You can see the data for extension/flexion, ulnar/radial and rotation in a graph at any point in the swing and compare the graph to the model swings in the app but it’s not going to explicitly tell you how much ulnar/radial or rotation you should have at a certain point in the swing like it does with flex/ext. 

Edited by Sp4zRX

On 11/16/2023 at 6:39 PM, swoosh21 said:

Any feedback for the early folks with this device?  Are you still using it?  Is it lowering your handicap?

I am not an early user, but I have been using it since July. I don’t use it every practice session, but I do use it multiple times per week. Wrist conditions are one of my main issues, and it is helping me measure progress and get the feel for what is correct and what is not. 

On 11/17/2023 at 3:59 AM, swoosh21 said:

Martin Chuck released a short but descriptive YouTube video using it just this week. If you're on the fence, it's worth watching.

7 hours ago, johnrobison said:

Martin Chuck released a short but descriptive YouTube video using it just this week. If you're on the fence, it's worth watching.

Why not just post it?

Erik J. Barzeski | Erie, PA

GEARS • GCQuad MAX/FlightScope • SwingCatalyst/BodiTrak

I like the truth and facts. I don't deal in magic grits: 26. #FeelAintReal

"Golf is the only game in which a precise knowledge of the rules can earn one a reputation for bad sportsmanship." — Pat Campbell

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know the answer to this question …….?

If I buy the device from a private seller and I want the pro version of the software - how do I do that? I can’t find any information about this online and I’m thinking it might not make sense to purchase privately if there are no savings. From what I can tell, the majority of what you pay for is the database and software and the device is a simple measuring tool. I’m essentially trying to avoid paying $200 in a private sale and then having to spend another $1,000 for the pro subscription through Hackmotion. 

Thank you to anyone that can assist. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 11:44 PM, Habitual Flipper said:

I just got back from the range and tried exactly as you described. This was the best ball striking session that I have had in 16 months... it was actually incredible. It seemed to really help get my hands back out in front of my chest and then I could just turn as fast as I wanted. Hitting pretty mellow push draws with an occasional semi straight push or an over draw. 

Thanks for the tip!

image.png.d210613eba26c2244e69fe14f39e21dc.pngimage.png.94b334147d1f69e4dec9da9f3222e927.png

are you still using HM consistently when practicing 8 months later? Have your wrist conditions improved and subsequently changed for good - or still fighting subconscious urge to go back to old habits? Have you seen a specific change in your index as a result?

was working with HM the lightbulb moment for your swing that changed it forever?

I guess that’s what I am hoping to get out of it, and close to buying.

Traditionally slightly extended at the top, and difficult time with ulnar deviation/shallowing on the downswing… tendency is to spin out with the shoulders. Wrist conditions are the catalyst to improve my issues, I am convinced. I think the instant real time feedback (vs walking back and forth to a camera) is probably invaluable.

TM Qi10LS 8*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Series 70 Flex-X

PXG 0341 X Gen 2 3W 15*, Devotion 75 Flex 04 (S) 

Titleist T-100 (2019) 3-PW, Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 Flex S

Titleist Vokey SM9 50* 08F, 56* 14F, Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 125 Wedge Flex S

Titleist Scotty Cameron 2021 Phantom X 5.5

On 1/30/2024 at 8:52 PM, jibbs1082 said:

are you still using HM consistently when practicing 8 months later? Have your wrist conditions improved and subsequently changed for good - or still fighting subconscious urge to go back to old habits? Have you seen a specific change in your index as a result?

was working with HM the lightbulb moment for your swing that changed it forever?

I guess that’s what I am hoping to get out of it, and close to buying.

Traditionally slightly extended at the top, and difficult time with ulnar deviation/shallowing on the downswing… tendency is to spin out with the shoulders. Wrist conditions are the catalyst to improve my issues, I am convinced. I think the instant real time feedback (vs walking back and forth to a camera) is probably invaluable.

Unfortunately, not long after I got the wrist sensor I ended injuring my back and took a break from golf for a bit. 

However, I do like the tool and have since picked up practicing again. I also purchased the full version, as my lead wrist mechanics were actually pretty decent from what I could tell. I'm currently working on trail wrist dorsiflexion (aka extension) at impact. Pros measure around 10 to 20 more extension at impact with their trail wrist compared to address position. I unfortunately am struggling to get only a few degrees and often have no change. I have always struggled with high launch and fat shots and am pretty convinced this is one of the culprits. It is likely a symptom of some other fault but at least gives concrete evidence for why I'm getting fats/thins/high launched iron shots. 

Index remains at a 2 (no change over last summer) but I think if I start to make incremental changes on the trail wrist things will look better. 

• Like 1