2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Driving Distance

Ian_123456

depending on the launch monitor they can also be very inacurate. For istance at any golf store their monitors are not close to being right. I've been told that it may show up as a draw of the monitor but its actually a fade because everything is backwards with the readers and such. I dont really think it matters how far you drive the ball.

Drive for show, putt for dough. Right fpmdl3 and i know you hit the ball farther than that

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 16, around 170cm/75kg (Sorry for the metric but I don't know my imperial and I'm Australian so all we use is metric). I carry the ball around 210m on average and rolls at least 20m. That's around 250 yards (yes, I calculated it just for you guys.) Fairways are pretty firm in the sandbelt down under so we can get alot more roll than you guys up there I think.

Yes, I know it's short and no I'm not that accurate with the driver. But who cares when I'm beating 4 markers round the course.

i think all these kids should hit into a launch monitor or something of that sort, i too thought i hitit longer than i do, my drivers i thought were around 280-90, but with the launch monitor im getting like 270 tops, i have a feeling these kids are just estimating.

Im not a hater though, just a realist

Yeah I'm with you there Kevin. It is an honest mistake, a lot of people will just throw up a number of their best drive on a typical round, sure everyone has a hole where they absalutely stripe on, and so on. I took my yardage from a Launch Monitor, and I am carrying it only 240, and I think it was like a little over 252 average w/ roll. I said in my previous post that 'in optimal summer conditions'. That means with hard fairways, I will hit it 260-270, and that's only because I carry it 240, more sometimes if I am swigning good, and it rolls out.

- Bryan

I dont trust INDOOR launch monitors. Outdoor on a range ill pay a little closer attention.

Dan "goose" :birthday:

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

I dont trust INDOOR launch monitors. Outdoor on a range ill pay a little closer attention.

Yeah, sometimes they will throw a number at you that is WAY off, the numbers that I got were at the way beginning of the year, and one swing it said I was swinging 127MPH, and then the very next, same tempo it said I swung at 61MPH, so I guess for the most part they can give you a rough estimation, but I really only pay attention on the course and on the range.

I am sure my SS and Yardage have gained over the year, well I know it has. It's kinda neat, since I play atleast the front nine of my course every day, the 5th hole, it's dead straight, fairway wide as hell, and it's 420 yards dead on, so it's easy to bomb away and see how long you hit it. I'm not sure how far I carry it..now, but my average full length was 275-285 towards the end of the year (on a well struck average tempo swing), so I don't know how much that means I am carrying it, but I know they normally are carrying to the 150 if not a little before it.

It's all about your swing (lag, 'X-Factor', stability, ect.), but as those improve, you will hit it further and further. Most 13-14 year olds haven't hit their growth spurts yet, so those who are you know 5' 4" 120 pounds, if they are already carrying it 275, it's gunna be scary how long they are in a few years when they pack on the pounds, muscle, and height.

- Bryan

so if i was to play a course in australia, they would give me the yardages in meters? that would be crazy. It would kind of like playing blind

Yep. And if I went to the US, I would be playing blind. But I'm pretty sure that most courses in the world would be in metres.

Just bring a small conversion chart and stick it in ur yardage book. thats what TONS of Australian players do!

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

• 2 weeks later...

i'm 13, from ireland, where the ball goes way shorter than in america, and i'd say my average is about 260-270 yards

thats not totally outrageous. there is alot more to distance then ss or size of a player..when i was 13 i was hitting it about 260-270..If any of you have gotte the new Golf Magazine that explains the "X" Factor it will tell you alot about power. My swing shows plenty of use of the "X" Factor. Dont be negative towards others... if you have an opinion about what others say just let them say , read what they say, digest it and let it go, bc for all you know they may be telling the truth..... :blink:

Dan"goose" :)

yeah if your 5 foot tall with your hands 12 inches in front of the club head X factor is ture yet it take perfect time and alot of club head speed to tell a deff. so i dout these 5 foot and 13yrs have any of that may be the hands in front of the club head cuz i have a friend thats a freshmen and 5'2 and hits it 260 but he could swing any harder and i know a kid thats still in 8th grade has an text book swing and hits it 260 270 but he is 5'8 all his friends are still 5'3

Dude Im 6'2 6'1 and I can barely reache 270. True my shoulder turn isnt that big but cmon i weight 225 lbs I can blast it. I dont think a 150 kid can blast it without a 600cc driver

a 150 pound kid doesn't need a huge club head to bomb it. it all depends on how fast you get your hands and hips through the ball and the technique. my brother is about average size but with really good techinique and a smooth swing he is able to hit it further than guys twice his size trying to swing out of their shoes. just becuase you are big doesn't automaticlaly mean you can pound it.....over teh summer espn had the stupid 'battle of the gridiron stars' and a bunch of NFL players were in a long drive competiton and the winner was tiny Word not allowed eli manning with a whopping 275 or something. true it helps if your a bit bigger to hit it further but size isn't the only reason someone can hit it far

I'm 5'11, 150lbs, and I can put it out there about 280. It's all in the swing and technique, not how much you weigh. As I said before, I play baseball, so the muscles I work in that sport are about the same you need in golf. Only difference is you are hitting a ball 2 inches off the ground, vs a ball at your waist. It's all in the swing.

[sign here]

i'm 13, from ireland, where the ball goes way shorter than in america, and i'd say my average is about 260-270 yards

thats not totally outrageous. there is alot more to distance then ss or size of a player..when i was 13 i was hitting it about 260-270..If any of you have gotte the new Golf Magazine that explains the "X" Factor it will tell you alot about power. My swing shows plenty of use of the "X" Factor. Dont be negative towards others... if you have an opinion about what others say just let them say , read what they say, digest it and let it go, bc for all you know they may be telling the truth..... :crazy:

Dan"goose" :)

he didnt give us a hight for all we know he's 6'2" ....LOL

Dan"goose" :blink:

DAN i believe youre referring to madman,take it from me, hes 13 and is about 6'0' so youre not far off with 6'2'!!!!!hes just smaller than me and im 16 and nearly 6'1'!!!kid crushes it for a 13year old