2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

80% rule for plus handicaps?

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @"Deceptively Short" said:

> > In the UK we don’t use ‘flights’, or certainly I have not heard of them.

>

> Surprised to hear that. When I visited St. Andrews the word 'flight' meant a group of golf players starting at the same time as a group. Later I have found out that a flight in the USA means the entire field of player in a competition. Although based on the experiences of these past two days the language seems to vary dramatically even within the States, not to mention within English speaking countries.

>

>

I have never heard of 'flights' in the UK. A group is used to refer the the two, three or four players playing together.

The way I have come to understand the US nomenclature (perhaps wrongly) is relating to 'groups' of players within the same handicap range, teeing off successively. Probably followed by one or more other groups in a different 'flight' in a different handicap range.

They may be playing for prizes for the total competition and/or prizes for their own flight (of groups)

The higher the handicap, the greater the range between "my best day" and "my handicap". We all know 20 'cappers who once or twice a year shoot in the low 80s. That's as high has a 10 shot swing. We seldom, if ever, see a 5 handicap shoot a 67. In a large field, handicap event, the odds are good that one of those high handicappers is going to have his "round of the season".

FORE RIGHT!!!!

LOL

+1 !!!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

> @codylowrygolf said:

> Question: a club event is implementing a local rule to adjust handicaps by **80% for guests to protect the field against inflated handicaps**

Did ANY of you gentleman notice this part of the original post ?

It is fairly common practice around most places I've played to reduce handicaps of **new players** specifically to help protect the field from sandbaggers coming in "fresh and new".

As for the rest, reducing handicaps by 20% is clearly an advantage to the better player in MATCH play.

In STROKE play, as we all(?) know by now, the higher the handicap the higher the possibility of lower net scores. If nothing else the "Pope of Slope", posting charts formerly posted by the USGA, shows this rather clearly.

[ODDS of Shooting An Exceptional Tournament Score

](http://www.popeofslope.com/sandbagging/odds.html "ODDS of Shooting An Exceptional Tournament Score

")

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

In some cases especially on mini tours / ties can’t be broken due to scheduling /daylight weather , so you get co champions and they’ll split 1/2 money halfway. It’s not ideal but in some cases necessary > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @HatsForBats said:

> > I wondered how not why they broke ties. Many casual or even somewhat more formal competitions do not break ties for 1st.

>

> I have never been a part or heard of a golf competition where there are more winners than one. What would be the point?

> @Aaronwilson_95 said:

> In some cases especially on mini tours / ties can’t be broken due to scheduling /daylight weather , so you get co champions and they’ll split 1/2 money halfway. It’s not ideal but in some cases necessary > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > @HatsForBats said:

> > > I wondered how not why they broke ties. Many casual or even somewhat more formal competitions do not break ties for 1st.

> >

> > I have never been a part or heard of a golf competition where there are more winners than one. What would be the point?

>

>

Using mathematical method or lowest HC or dice takes not much time.

Ping G15 Titleist 950R Titleist 910D2 Titleist TS2
Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Titleist 735cm Titleist AP2
Vokey wedges
Tri-Ball SRT Odyssey Works Versa #1 Tank Scotty Cameron Futura 5W

> @QEight said:

> > @Aaronwilson_95 said:

> > In some cases especially on mini tours / ties can’t be broken due to scheduling /daylight weather , so you get co champions and they’ll split 1/2 money halfway. It’s not ideal but in some cases necessary > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > @HatsForBats said:

> > > > I wondered how not why they broke ties. Many casual or even somewhat more formal competitions do not break ties for 1st.

> > >

> > > I have never been a part or heard of a golf competition where there are more winners than one. What would be the point?

> >

> >

>

> Using mathematical method or lowest HC or dice takes not much time.

> @QEight said:

> > In some cases especially on mini tours / ties can’t be broken due to scheduling /daylight weather , so you get co champions and they’ll split 1/2 money halfway. It’s not ideal but in some cases necessary > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > I wondered how not why they broke ties. Many casual or even somewhat more formal competitions do not break ties for 1st.

> > >

> > > I have never been a part or heard of a golf competition where there are more winners than one. What would be the point?

> >

> >

>

> Using mathematical method or lowest HC or dice takes not much time.

Tossing dice to break ties is better than a split purse on a pro tour? I wouldn’t think so.

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

I did a double check to make sure I was reading that right and it was 7 am lol > @Shilgy said:

> > @QEight said:

> > > @Aaronwilson_95 said:

> > > In some cases especially on mini tours / ties can’t be broken due to scheduling /daylight weather , so you get co champions and they’ll split 1/2 money halfway. It’s not ideal but in some cases necessary > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > @HatsForBats said:

> > > > > I wondered how not why they broke ties. Many casual or even somewhat more formal competitions do not break ties for 1st.

> > > >

> > > > I have never been a part or heard of a golf competition where there are more winners than one. What would be the point?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Using mathematical method or lowest HC or dice takes not much time.

>

> > @QEight said:

> > > In some cases especially on mini tours / ties can’t be broken due to scheduling /daylight weather , so you get co champions and they’ll split 1/2 money halfway. It’s not ideal but in some cases necessary > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > I wondered how not why they broke ties. Many casual or even somewhat more formal competitions do not break ties for 1st.

> > > >

> > > > I have never been a part or heard of a golf competition where there are more winners than one. What would be the point?

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> Tossing dice to break ties is better than a split purse on a pro tour? I wouldn’t think so.

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @HatsForBats said:

> > I wondered how not why they broke ties. Many casual or even somewhat more formal competitions do not break ties for 1st.

>

> I have never been a part or heard of a golf competition where there are more winners than one. What would be the point?

To payout those that shot equally well, net score wise, the same amount.

This week in league play we had 4 players tied for first. If we broke ties one of the players would have received a very large portion of the pot and the '4th place' player that shot the same score would have received about 15% of the '1st place' players winning. Bollocks.

If it's a comeption with a title I can see breaking ties but then I would expect an actual playoff with extra holes. For casual and semi-formal events there often isn't time/space to have playoff holes. Especially at public courses.

> @Newby said:

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > @"Deceptively Short" said:

> > > In the UK we don’t use ‘flights’, or certainly I have not heard of them.

> >

> > Surprised to hear that. When I visited St. Andrews the word 'flight' meant a group of golf players starting at the same time as a group. Later I have found out that a flight in the USA means the entire field of player in a competition. Although based on the experiences of these past two days the language seems to vary dramatically even within the States, not to mention within English speaking countries.

> >

> >

> I have never heard of 'flights' in the UK. A group is used to refer the the two, three or four players playing together.

> The way I have come to understand the US nomenclature (perhaps wrongly) is relating to 'groups' of players within the same handicap range, teeing off successively. Probably followed by one or more other groups in a different 'flight' in a different handicap range.

> They may be playing for prizes for the total competition and/or prizes for their own flight (of groups)

>

For something like a club championship they will likely tee of successively and then be followed by the other flights. In less formal events it is not that uncommon to have players of different flights mixed in together. I would hate to see a group of 4 x 25+ handicappers rather than mixing them in with some better players. Better pace of play.

> @HatsForBats said:

> > @Newby said:

> > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > @"Deceptively Short" said:

> > > > In the UK we don’t use ‘flights’, or certainly I have not heard of them.

> > >

> > > Surprised to hear that. When I visited St. Andrews the word 'flight' meant a group of golf players starting at the same time as a group. Later I have found out that a flight in the USA means the entire field of player in a competition. Although based on the experiences of these past two days the language seems to vary dramatically even within the States, not to mention within English speaking countries.

> > >

> > >

> > I have never heard of 'flights' in the UK. A group is used to refer the the two, three or four players playing together.

> > The way I have come to understand the US nomenclature (perhaps wrongly) is relating to 'groups' of players within the same handicap range, teeing off successively. Probably followed by one or more other groups in a different 'flight' in a different handicap range.

> > They may be playing for prizes for the total competition and/or prizes for their own flight (of groups)

> >

>

> For something like a club championship they will likely tee of successively and then be followed by the other flights. In less formal events it is not that uncommon to have players of different flights mixed in together. I would hate to see a group of 4 x 25+ handicappers rather than mixing them in with some better players. Better pace of play.

For our Club Championship in the first round players go out in handicap order, lowest first, for the second round in gross score order, highest first.

> @Shilgy said:

> > @QEight said:

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> > @QEight said:

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> Tossing dice to break ties is better than a split purse on a pro tour? I wouldn’t think so.

So you skipped the mathematical method?

Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Vokey wedges

> @Newby said:

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > @"Deceptively Short" said:

> > > In the UK we don’t use ‘flights’, or certainly I have not heard of them.

> >

> > Surprised to hear that. When I visited St. Andrews the word 'flight' meant a group of golf players starting at the same time as a group. Later I have found out that a flight in the USA means the entire field of player in a competition. Although based on the experiences of these past two days the language seems to vary dramatically even within the States, not to mention within English speaking countries.

> >

> >

> I have never heard of 'flights' in the UK. A group is used to refer the the two, three or four players playing together.

> The way I have come to understand the US nomenclature (perhaps wrongly) is relating to 'groups' of players within the same handicap range, teeing off successively. Probably followed by one or more other groups in a different 'flight' in a different handicap range.

> They may be playing for prizes for the total competition and/or prizes for their own flight (of groups)

>

You are mostly correct. Another way to flight a tournament is no handicaps and flights are broken according to the first round scores. So in the second round you are only competing against those in your flight.

Why would anyone settle a professional golf tournament tie for first, with a handicap ... that’s actually dumber than throwing dice> @QEight said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @QEight said:

> > > > @Aaronwilson_95 said:

> > > > In some cases especially on mini tours / ties can’t be broken due to scheduling /daylight weather , so you get co champions and they’ll split 1/2 money halfway. It’s not ideal but in some cases necessary > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > @HatsForBats said:

> > > > > > I wondered how not why they broke ties. Many casual or even somewhat more formal competitions do not break ties for 1st.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have never been a part or heard of a golf competition where there are more winners than one. What would be the point?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Using mathematical method or lowest HC or dice takes not much time.

> >

> > > @QEight said:

> > > > In some cases especially on mini tours / ties can’t be broken due to scheduling /daylight weather , so you get co champions and they’ll split 1/2 money halfway. It’s not ideal but in some cases necessary > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > I wondered how not why they broke ties. Many casual or even somewhat more formal competitions do not break ties for 1st.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have never been a part or heard of a golf competition where there are more winners than one. What would be the point?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Tossing dice to break ties is better than a split purse on a pro tour? I wouldn’t think so.

>

> So you skipped the mathematical method?

> @QEight said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @QEight said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > > @QEight said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Tossing dice to break ties is better than a split purse on a pro tour? I wouldn’t think so.

>

> @QEight said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @QEight said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > > @QEight said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> @Aaronwilson_95 said:

> Why would anyone settle a professional golf tournament tie for first, with a handicap ... that’s actually dumber than throwing dice> @QEight said:

> > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > @QEight said:

> > > > > @Aaronwilson_95 said:

> > > > > In some cases especially on mini tours / ties can’t be broken due to scheduling /daylight weather , so you get co champions and they’ll split 1/2 money halfway. It’s not ideal but in some cases necessary > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > > @HatsForBats said:

> > > > > > > I wondered how not why they broke ties. Many casual or even somewhat more formal competitions do not break ties for 1st.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have never been a part or heard of a golf competition where there are more winners than one. What would be the point?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Using mathematical method or lowest HC or dice takes not much time.

> > >

> > > > @QEight said:

> > > > > In some cases especially on mini tours / ties can’t be broken due to scheduling /daylight weather , so you get co champions and they’ll split 1/2 money halfway. It’s not ideal but in some cases necessary > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > > I wondered how not why they broke ties. Many casual or even somewhat more formal competitions do not break ties for 1st.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have never been a part or heard of a golf competition where there are more winners than one. What would be the point?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Tossing dice to break ties is better than a split purse on a pro tour? I wouldn’t think so.

> >

> > So you skipped the mathematical method?

>

> > @QEight said:

> > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > @QEight said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > > @QEight said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Tossing dice to break ties is better than a split purse on a pro tour? I wouldn’t think so.

> >

>

> > @QEight said:

> > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > @QEight said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > > @QEight said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

So you skipped the mathematical method also?

Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Vokey wedges

> @Aaronwilson_95 said:

> In some cases especially on mini tours / ties can’t be broken due to scheduling /daylight weather , so you get co champions and they’ll split 1/2 money halfway. It’s not ideal but in some cases necessary > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > @HatsForBats said:

> > > I wondered how not why they broke ties. Many casual or even somewhat more formal competitions do not break ties for 1st.

> >

> > I have never been a part or heard of a golf competition where there are more winners than one. What would be the point?

>

>

Possibly for the same reason that there may be multiple second or third etc places

Besides throwing dice & lowest handicap (GHIN #) what was your mathematical suggestion? > @QEight said:

> > Why would anyone settle a professional golf tournament tie for first, with a handicap ... that’s actually dumber than throwing dice> @QEight said:

> > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > @QEight said:

> > > > > > @Aaronwilson_95 said:

> > > > > > In some cases especially on mini tours / ties can’t be broken due to scheduling /daylight weather , so you get co champions and they’ll split 1/2 money halfway. It’s not ideal but in some cases necessary > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > > > @HatsForBats said:

> > > > > > > > I wondered how not why they broke ties. Many casual or even somewhat more formal competitions do not break ties for 1st.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I have never been a part or heard of a golf competition where there are more winners than one. What would be the point?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Using mathematical method or lowest HC or dice takes not much time.

> > > >

> > > > > @QEight said:

> > > > > > In some cases especially on mini tours / ties can’t be broken due to scheduling /daylight weather , so you get co champions and they’ll split 1/2 money halfway. It’s not ideal but in some cases necessary > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > > > > I wondered how not why they broke ties. Many casual or even somewhat more formal competitions do not break ties for 1st.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I have never been a part or heard of a golf competition where there are more winners than one. What would be the point?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Tossing dice to break ties is better than a split purse on a pro tour? I wouldn’t think so.

> > >

> > > So you skipped the mathematical method?

> >

> > > @QEight said:

> > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > @QEight said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @QEight said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Tossing dice to break ties is better than a split purse on a pro tour? I wouldn’t think so.

> > >

> >

> > > @QEight said:

> > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > @QEight said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @QEight said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> So you skipped the mathematical method also?

> @Aaronwilson_95 said:

> Besides throwing dice & lowest handicap (GHIN #) what was your mathematical suggestion?

>> @QEight said:

> >

> > So you skipped the mathematical method also?

>

Comparing scores from the last 18, 9, 6, 3, 1 hole(s).

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

> @Halebopp said:

> > Besides throwing dice & lowest handicap (GHIN #) what was your mathematical suggestion?

> >> @QEight said:

> > >

> > > So you skipped the mathematical method also?

> >

>

> Comparing scores from the last 18, 9, 6, 3, 1 hole(s).

>

>

https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/5a#6

Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Vokey wedges

> @Newby said:

> > >

> >

> >

> Possibly for the same reason that there may be multiple second or third etc places

>

And that reason would be..?

That’s how tours will determine ties at q school , but No one actually likes that method even for determining who’s higher on the priority list at t20 let alone t1.> @QEight said:

> > @Halebopp said:

> > > Besides throwing dice & lowest handicap (GHIN #) what was your mathematical suggestion?

> > >> @QEight said:

> > > >

> > > > So you skipped the mathematical method also?

> > >

> >

> > Comparing scores from the last 18, 9, 6, 3, 1 hole(s).

> >

> >

>

> https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/5a#6

>

> @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > @Newby said:

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > Possibly for the same reason that there may be multiple second or third etc places

> >

>

> And that reason would be..?

Ask the committees. I didn't set the conditions.

> @Aaronwilson_95 said:

> That’s how tours will determine ties at q school , but No one actually likes that method even for determining who’s higher on the priority list at t20 let alone t1.> @QEight said:

> > > @Halebopp said:

> > > > Besides throwing dice & lowest handicap (GHIN #) what was your mathematical suggestion?

> > > >> @QEight said:

> > > > >

> > > > > So you skipped the mathematical method also?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Comparing scores from the last 18, 9, 6, 3, 1 hole(s).

> > >

> > >

> >

> > https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/5a#6

> >

>

>

I cannot see them breaking ties for q school that way either. At the pro level it would be "top x AND TIES" or they would have a playoff. Eights math method might work at your club, and mine, but not at the pro level. Can you see the Open this week?

Well Brooks, you're tied with DJ for the win but you lost the mathematical tiebreaker. You made a higher number on the last hole. Tough luck that old chap.

unrsvxqbmiz2.png

I agree but besides the cutoff from guaranteed starts to conditional and ranking between sites this is the policy> @Shilgy said:

> > That’s how tours will determine ties at q school , but No one actually likes that method even for determining who’s higher on the priority list at t20 let alone t1.> @QEight said:

> > > > @Halebopp said:

> > > > > Besides throwing dice & lowest handicap (GHIN #) what was your mathematical suggestion?

> > > > >> @QEight said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So you skipped the mathematical method also?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Comparing scores from the last 18, 9, 6, 3, 1 hole(s).

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/5a#6

> > >

> >

> >

>

> I cannot see them breaking ties for q school that way either. At the pro level it would be "top x AND TIES" or they would have a playoff. Eights math method might work at your club, and mine, but not at the pro level. Can you see the Open this week?

>

> Well Brooks, you're tied with DJ for the win but you lost the mathematical tiebreaker. You made a higher number on the last hole. Tough luck that old chap.

> @Aaronwilson_95 said:

> unrsvxqbmiz2.png

> I agree but besides the cutoff from guaranteed starts to conditional and ranking between sites this is the policy> @Shilgy said:

> > > That’s how tours will determine ties at q school , but No one actually likes that method even for determining who’s higher on the priority list at t20 let alone t1.> @QEight said:

> > > > > @Halebopp said:

> > > > > > Besides throwing dice & lowest handicap (GHIN #) what was your mathematical suggestion?

> > > > > >> @QEight said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So you skipped the mathematical method also?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Comparing scores from the last 18, 9, 6, 3, 1 hole(s).

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/5a#6

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I cannot see them breaking ties for q school that way either. At the pro level it would be "top x AND TIES" or they would have a playoff. Eights math method might work at your club, and mine, but not at the pro level. Can you see the Open this week?

> >

> > Well Brooks, you're tied with DJ for the win but you lost the mathematical tiebreaker. You made a higher number on the last hole. Tough luck that old chap.

>

>

What am I missing here? Your post says they play off for first place.

Honestly I think we were agreeing but this thread has me so confused. I was talking about how they rank site to site on a priority list or guys tied for the same position using final round score. I think we’re agreeing here> @Shilgy said:

> > unrsvxqbmiz2.png

> > I agree but besides the cutoff from guaranteed starts to conditional and ranking between sites this is the policy> @Shilgy said:

> > > > That’s how tours will determine ties at q school , but No one actually likes that method even for determining who’s higher on the priority list at t20 let alone t1.> @QEight said:

> > > > > > @Halebopp said:

> > > > > > > @Aaronwilson_95 said:

> > > > > > > Besides throwing dice & lowest handicap (GHIN #) what was your mathematical suggestion?

> > > > > > >> @QEight said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So you skipped the mathematical method also?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Comparing scores from the last 18, 9, 6, 3, 1 hole(s).

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/5a#6

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I cannot see them breaking ties for q school that way either. At the pro level it would be "top x AND TIES" or they would have a playoff. Eights math method might work at your club, and mine, but not at the pro level. Can you see the Open this week?

> > >

> > > Well Brooks, you're tied with DJ for the win but you lost the mathematical tiebreaker. You made a higher number on the last hole. Tough luck that old chap.

> >

> >

>

> What am I missing here? Your post says they play off for first place.

>

> @Aaronwilson_95 said:

> unrsvxqbmiz2.png

> I agree but besides the cutoff from guaranteed starts to conditional and ranking between sites this is the policy> @Shilgy said:

> > > That’s how tours will determine ties at q school , but No one actually likes that method even for determining who’s higher on the priority list at t20 let alone t1.> @QEight said:

> > > > > @Halebopp said:

> > > > > > Besides throwing dice & lowest handicap (GHIN #) what was your mathematical suggestion?

> > > > > >> @QEight said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So you skipped the mathematical method also?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Comparing scores from the last 18, 9, 6, 3, 1 hole(s).

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/5a#6

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I cannot see them breaking ties for q school that way either. At the pro level it would be "top x AND TIES" or they would have a playoff. Eights math method might work at your club, and mine, but not at the pro level. Can you see the Open this week?

> >

> > Well Brooks, you're tied with DJ for the win but you lost the mathematical tiebreaker. You made a higher number on the last hole. Tough luck that old chap.

>

>

What am I missing here? Your post says they play off for first place.

Edit, grr the new system does not let me delete a double post.