2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

New OnOff Hybrid w/ Pics

pitbull808

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Based on the few marks on the face, I'm guessing Carl didn't let you hit it yet. :bb2: Will this be replacing the HB-001 any time soon?

You can blame Troy/808hack for those marks. I wanted but will probably not be adding this to my bag as they aren't making anything below a 21* at the moment. :clapping:

My very first set of stick were Team Daiwa's and I enjoyed them but then I got my hand on my Mizunos

Game Over.

The ON/OFF line that was formed from Daiwa is a really good looking line and I am glad to see that they are doing very well.

That is avery nice camera you got those pics with. More impressed with the phot than the club. Is that club offset by the way?

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

That thing looks sweet, but I really can't wait to see the new ONOFF drivers in Black.

Nice avatar. :bb2:

I should have some in hand driver pics soon. Although my driver is working perfectly for once....that black head did look a little too cool for me to not order one. :clapping: The new drivers like the old will still make them pretty tough to own unless you have a authorized club maker who has the correct sleeves and ferrules to do the multiple reshafts that so many Golfwrx members do on their drivers. :vava:

That thing looks sweet, but I really can't wait to see the new ONOFF drivers in Black.

Nice avatar. :vava:

I should have some in hand driver pics soon. Although my driver is working perfectly for once....that black head did look a little too cool for me to not order one. ;) The new drivers like the old will still make them pretty tough to own unless you have a authorized club maker who has the correct sleeves and ferrules to do the multiple reshafts that so many Golfwrx members do on their drivers. :friends:

Thanks, Jack Johnson is one of my faves. Can't wait till his new album comes out and he starts touring again. You guys in Hawaii need to stop hogging all his shows :bb2:

Hey pitbull, I'd love to hear what you think about the ONOFF equipment in general. I must say, as of late, I've been truly mesmorized by their equipment, especially those new CB's. Are they worth the money? I put togethor my dream bag of ONFF equipment (of course with Matrix Ozik shafts in the woods) and the figure I ended up with nearly made me :clapping: . Another thing that stinks is it seems that ONOFF comes out with new stuff every year. What do you think?

I would replace my Callaway 3H with that immediately. What types of shafts does On Off offer? Does Tour Spec sell those?

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Thanks, Jack Johnson is one of my faves. Can't wait till his new album comes out and he starts touring again. You guys in Hawaii need to stop hogging all his shows :bb2:

Hey pitbull, I'd love to hear what you think about the ONOFF equipment in general. I must say, as of late, I've been truly mesmorized by their equipment, especially those new CB's. Are they worth the money? I put togethor my dream bag of ONFF equipment (of course with Matrix Ozik shafts in the woods) and the figure I ended up with nearly made me :clapping: . Another thing that stinks is it seems that ONOFF comes out with new stuff every year. What do you think?

Well..since he's from here, it's not surprising he's always here. :vava:

As for OnOff...since I've added them to my bag, it's satisfied all my needs. That's all that counts for me if they're "worth it". As for new stuff every year...what company doesn't come out with new stuff every year. I would hardly put them in a catagory like TM.

I would replace my Callaway 3H with that immediately. What types of shafts does On Off offer? Does Tour Spec sell those?

Here's their site ONOFF GOLF Click the "English" button on the top right of the page. As for Tour Spec...No idea what they have. I get all my stuff locally. ;)

Hey pitbull, I'd love to hear what you think about the ONOFF equipment in general. I must say, as of late, I've been truly mesmorized by their equipment, especially those new CB's. Are they worth the money? I put togethor my dream bag of ONFF equipment (of course with Matrix Ozik shafts in the woods) and the figure I ended up with nearly made me :vava: . Another thing that stinks is it seems that ONOFF comes out with new stuff every year. What do you think?

To further what Reid said, the OnOFF stuff is quality kit, and if you select the right clubs for your game, I think you would really like what they have to offer, both in 2007 and coming up in 2008. Its funny that you mentioned the dream bag as I wrote one up about two months ago, and then I had the chance to start putting it together.

In a real world test, the OnOFF's knocked my old 'dream' irons out, and after further testing and fitting putting them up against plenty of other Japanese and US-spec clubs, I ended up with some OnOFF Plus irons in the bag.

As for coming out with new gear every year, yes they do, and I don't mind it one bit! Seeing the new all black OnOFF Plus brightened my day this week :clapping: . On the serious side, most every company comes out with new clubs atleast once a year. I don't worry about having new or old clubs, I worry about having clubs that fit my swing and style of play. I'll worry about keeping up with anual releases after I get a promotion :bb2: .

• 2 weeks later...

I had to bring this back-up as I have a few questions that someone here may be able to help with. I looked at tourspec and for the 2008 model, it is showing an 18* available and this is what I need. Also, the pic of the sole looks very different than the club shown in this thread. Maybe it is just a stock photo on that site, but I wouldn't mind anyone chimming in who knows.

[url="http://www.tourspecgolf.com/proshop/p1561/ONOFF-2008-Fairway-Wings-Utility/product_info.html"]http://www.tourspecgolf.com/proshop/p1561/...oduct_info.html[/url]

One more thing, are the Onoff hybrids easy to reshaft? I have searched and read some info that the drivers are not because of a unique ferrule/hosel.

[quote name='LSeca' post='804769' date='Nov 27 2007, 04:46 PM']I had to bring this back-up as I have a few questions that someone here may be able to help with. I looked at tourspec and for the 2008 model, it is showing an 18* available and this is what I need. Also, the pic of the sole looks very different than the club shown in this thread. Maybe it is just a stock photo on that site, but I wouldn't mind anyone chimming in who knows.

[url="http://www.tourspecgolf.com/proshop/p1561/ONOFF-2008-Fairway-Wings-Utility/product_info.html"]http://www.tourspecgolf.com/proshop/p1561/...oduct_info.html[/url]

One more thing, are the Onoff hybrids easy to reshaft? I have searched and read some info that the drivers are not because of a unique ferrule/hosel.[/quote]

You might want to post a picture other then a link as many of us who use and have access to OnOff equipment can't see the pic. ;)

[quote name='pitbull808' post='804814' date='Nov 27 2007, 05:13 PM'][quote name='LSeca' post='804769' date='Nov 27 2007, 04:46 PM']I had to bring this back-up as I have a few questions that someone here may be able to help with. I looked at tourspec and for the 2008 model, it is showing an 18* available and this is what I need. Also, the pic of the sole looks very different than the club shown in this thread. Maybe it is just a stock photo on that site, but I wouldn't mind anyone chimming in who knows.

One more thing, are the Onoff hybrids easy to reshaft? I have searched and read some info that the drivers are not because of a unique ferrule/hosel.[/quote]

You might want to post a picture other then a link as many of us who use and have access to OnOff equipment, can't see the pic. ;)
[/quote]

Carl reshafted my wife's ONOFF driver this afternoon without breaking a sweat. Did I say that? I'm sorry, yes Carl worked his a** off for hours reshafting my wife's ONOFF driver. He guaranteed another 50 yards with the new shaft. Yep, that's what he said. ;) I better make sure everyone knows I'm kidding. Otherwise Carl may decide he doesn't know me. Sorry Carl.

LSeca,

The model you posted above is a new 2008 model. I haven't had a chance to compare it to the hybrid that was posted at the top of the thread...yet! The one that Pitbull posted is from the Labospec division of OnOFF... they do more limited runs of 'special' on OnOFF clubs, and also handle special orders for OnOFF.

The closest thing to the Labospec OnOFF program/line for a US manufacturer might be Ping's WRX: they do custom orders, and also had a 'WRX' putter at one stage - I think.

Well, I don't have a 2008 model for a direct comparison, but I did manage to play around with a new 21* Fairway Wings today. My first impression? An unfortunate expletive followed by "this is an amazing club" were the first things to come out of my mouth when I hit it! I wandered out for a quick on course demo and heard someone else utter the same thing ;)

I've tried quite a few hybrids and liked the Admas Pro (very easy to hit, but a bit too high, too much spin for good control in the wind for me) and Tourstage X-UT (better trajectory control but not as long or forgiving as the Adams or most other hybrids).

The OnOFF's get the ball up fairly quickly, but for me, the ball flight was pretty flat afterwards with great penetration. While I can hit a high 3 iron off of a good lie, there is no way I could hit it [i]that [/i]high [i]and [/i]that far downwind , much less into the wind. The sole is also very nice, a reasonable amount of camber allows for good shots off of sidehill lies and the like.

I'm keen to see how the 2008 hybrids perform, but I can't imagine that too many people would regret putting the Fairway Wings into the bag.