Club Champion

Afternoon Spray

1 hour ago, glennQNYC said:

Again, you’re either mistaken or misleading people here. You can get fit for no-up charge shaft options if that’s all you want.

You can certainly get fit with one of the manufacturers standard (no-upcharge) shafts at CC but CC will still add an upcharge to the build price. I was fit for a set of Srixon ZX5 irons with one of the Srixon standard shaft offerings and CC wanted $2400 for the set, could get the exact same build for $1200 thru Srixon.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AzRoger said:

You can certainly get fit with one of the manufacturers standard (no-upcharge) shafts at CC but CC will still add an upcharge to the build price. I was fit for a set of Srixon ZX5 irons with one of the Srixon standard shaft offerings and CC wanted $2400 for the set, could get the exact same build for $1200 thru Srixon.

You can indeed source a manufacturer built club(s) without any CC up charge. Sounds like you’re describing when CC dismantles, Pures, and reassembles the club(s). Both possibilities are available. 

Not sure why people seem to think CC won’t just sell you a standard club. I just did it myself with my TSR3. I got fit, then ordered the LAGP shaft, had the shaft Pured, with grip and extra adapter. Simultaneously I had them order me a standard TSR3 club. I did this so I could sell the OEM shaft+adapter that came with the driver. Otherwise CC doesn’t give you the OEM shaft. I think I even sold the OEM shaft on this forum! 

One more time… CC will absolutely sell you a standard club at standard MSRP just like every other Authorized Dealer. 

Edited by glennQNYC
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AzRoger said:

They certainly didn't offer that option to me when I got fitted by them and never suggested that it was available. 

Admittedly, me either. I realized I didn’t get the stock shaft when I purchased my first fitted driver from them. That’s why this time I told them I wanted to order the aftermarket shaft, AND a stock driver. It did cost me an extra adapter but I sold the oem shaft for far more than what the second adapter cost. 

Edited by glennQNYC

2 minutes ago, glennQNYC said:

Admittedly, me either. I realized I didn’t get the stock shaft when I purchased my first fitted driver from them. That’s why this time I told them I wanted to order the aftermarket shaft, AND a stock driver. It did cost me an extra adapter but I sold the oem shaft for more than what the second adapter cost. 

How much did they charge on the extra adapter? It should be nowhere near what you sold the oem shaft for

TSR3 9* - Diamana WB 63X

Mini Burner 13.5* - HZRDUS 4G 70 6.5

Cobra Radspeed Tour 5W - LAGP Trono 7S 

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 19* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

Srixon ZXU 4 23* - MMT 105 

ZX7 MKii 5-P - 120 X100

Fourteen RM 52/58 - Modus 125 Wedge

SC Champions Choice Newport 

7 minutes ago, PNW said:

How much did they charge on the extra adapter? It should be nowhere near what you sold the oem shaft for

I think $40, which sound’s expensive to me, but they acted like that’s what a genuine Titleist adaptor cost. What do I know! 😆 I sold the oem shaft for $100. Honestly, it was more the point of not letting them keep the shaft than some huge financial opportunity for me. 

Edited by glennQNYC

1 minute ago, glennQNYC said:

I think $40, which sound’s expensive to me, but they acted like that’s what real Titleist sleeves cost. What do I know! Lol I sold the oem shaft for $100. 

ah ok cool. That isn't terribly egregious. Just standard 50% markup from them 🙂

TSR3 9* - Diamana WB 63X

Mini Burner 13.5* - HZRDUS 4G 70 6.5

Cobra Radspeed Tour 5W - LAGP Trono 7S 

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 19* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

Srixon ZXU 4 23* - MMT 105 

ZX7 MKii 5-P - 120 X100

Fourteen RM 52/58 - Modus 125 Wedge

SC Champions Choice Newport 

2 hours ago, glennQNYC said:

The moral of the story is CC sold me a stock TSR3 at standard Retail. They’ll sell you stock gear without any “CC tax.”

True…and in your case you likely did save cash going on your own in sourcing the shaft separately.  You will pay more that route than ordering a club or set from the manufacturer if the shaft choice is one of their listed upgrades.  In your case the LAGP is not listed by Titleist….but want a GD ADIZ for instance?  You would save purchasing direct.  Want irons with the Nippon ProModus125?  CC would charge well over Titleist pricing.  

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

On 2/22/2023 at 7:22 PM, PNW said:

I've been fit at CC a few times and think there is value there in certain circumstances. I also agree that for the person with resource and knowledge to fit yourself then probably not the best route to go to CC. 

The issue is that the people who don't have the resources or knowledge to fit themselves also tend to not know the difference between and upcharge or OEM shaft offering. They don't go through the custom 'build' sections of the OEM sites or know what an Oban iron shaft is. Then they go through the fitting and get slapped with a $1,200 driver build, leaving at the end thinking what just happened? Taylormade's website says their drivers are $599? CC could be more consultative and ask about this type of stuff at the beginning of a fitting (are you willing to consider upcharge shafts or stick with the OEM?). 

We are the exception being on this forum and knowing to expect this. We are also not the typical CC customer. In the end it's a sales process that they could refine and improve for more equipment sales. It would also probably increase trust and repeat customers, referrals, etc.

Spot on and thank you!! I am that person that can fit themselves/that you describe. So yes, agree that I can walk in and lay down the ground-rules with CC (to be fair, I never said that you could not). But as you said, if you are a newbie/do not understand much about fitting, you are likely to walk out paying much more for a driver that can be had for instance for almost half the price from Callaway direct in the example I gave. And as seen by others posting similar sentiments, they simply don't overtly expose that you can order stock, and get that Paradym with a GD AD BB for instance, for $750 vs $1200 custom assembled and pured etc. Put another way, they don't make it easy (even though agree it's available), unless you are a WRX'er, and know pretty much as much as anyone in said CC store.

Edited by mikec3672
  • Like 1

If you have no intention of trying premium aftermarket shafts, there really is no point in being fit at CC.  That is their entire business model.  Paying $150 or so to get fit for stock shafts?  Just go to Golf Galaxy or wherever and hit what they have on their launch monitors.  Maybe look for OEM fitting days at local courses.  Even most private clubs allow non-members to come for OEM fitting days.

You really need to be fit for the shaft first, and clubhead second.  For that reason, Club Champion's model works best to get the best performing club in your hand.  You pick from any shaft imaginable to find the best for your swing, then you figure out which head gives you the best numbers.  You just can't get that type of result from picking through 4 or 5 shafts.

Can you get a "perfectly fine" driver from stock shaft options?  For sure.  Is that club going to peform as well as if you were fit into the absolute best shaft available for your unique swing?  For 95% of people there is just no way.  The only question is are you willing to pay $1200 for the best fit available or $600 for a decent fit?  Club Champion is for the people willing and able to go the first route.

Also I was recently fit for a 2023 driver at CC.  We found the best shaft for my swing.  We found the best head for that shaft.  Once we had the winner, I requested to try the 2 stock shaft options whose profiles fit my swing.  The results were not close to the premium shaft so I went with that option, but they will 100% let you try stock shafts and order a "stock" build direct from the OEM.  Or you can just take your fitting info and leave after paying them $150 for the fitting.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, StraightOB said:

If you have no intention of trying premium aftermarket shafts, there really is no point in being fit at CC.  That is their entire business model.  Paying $150 or so to get fit for stock shafts?  Just go to Golf Galaxy or wherever and hit what they have on their launch monitors.  Maybe look for OEM fitting days at local courses.  Even most private clubs allow non-members to come for OEM fitting days.

The point of a fitting is to find the shaft that works best for you, might be premium shaft or a standard shaft. I'm sure most who get fitted let the fitter lead them into the shaft that is right for them, that's really what you're paying them for. When I got fitted for a set of irons I tried various shafts but it ended up that the shaft that worked best for me was one of the manufacturers standard shafts.