2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

P90X DVD

Emperoryder

Hi Everyone,

I'm 40 and just passed day 60 of the P90X program. I love this program...so far I've lost 14lbs, 6%BF, and I am stronger, more flexible, and have more energy than I have in years. I struggled trying to build a fitness and nutrition program on my own for a while when I saw the P90X infommercial. I was a complete skeptic and thought for sure I would return it within 30 days....but no way, it's a keeper.

My success is greatly due to support from others including my coach. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the program. You can see my Day1 and Day 43 pics (haven't updated with day 60 yet) at the link below, just select "Read my Story" and the pics come up. If I can answer any questions for you, you can post them here or enter an e-mail address in the box provided at the linked page.

I highly recommend P90X....

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/JerryMac/

Jerry

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I are getting ready to start the P90X Lean program tomorrow. I was wondering what time of the day do you guys do the workouts? In the morning before you eat breakfast? A while after you eat breakfast or in the evening? Thanks.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b][i]Ping G400 - 9*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 17*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G400 - 19*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 22*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G30 - 25*[/i]
[i]TaylorMade P790 Custom Black Finish - 6-GW - Steel Fiber i95 shaft[/i]
[i]Cleveland RTX-4 - 54 and 58 [/i]
[i]Scotty Cameron "Joker" X5 34" with 20g Joker weights[/i][/b][/font]

My wife and I are getting ready to start the P90X Lean program tomorrow. I was wondering what time of the day do you guys do the workouts? In the morning before you eat breakfast? A while after you eat breakfast or in the evening? Thanks.

I've done all mine in the early afternoon or early evening. However, I don't think it matters much when you do them as long as you do them. :)

I'm just hitting week 4 (Recovery Week!) and am loving it. If you haven't worked out in a while, take it a bit slow at first so as not to injure a muscle, which might cause you to miss workouts.

Ok, here is my understanding and I'm not an expert by any means. The key things with a recovery drink is to get a 4:1 carb to protein ratio within 1 hour of finishing your workout. That gives your body carbs to replace the glycogen you just burned along with some protein. That choco milk recipe pretty much mimics that 4:1 ratio which is the key. It doesn't have any thing like creatine and the other amino acids may or may not be there( no clue what the proteins in milk contain). I did that for 2 weeks( I ran outta hersheys syrup today) and I didn't have any major pain. I've lost weight too and it tastes real good. It's also cheaper and P90X has set me back over $400 because I got adjustable dumbells and a heart rate monitor( all very worth it)

I ran across chocolate milk on a couple P90X forums. I think it's commonly used by marathon runners per what I read. I know it sounds odd but there are alot of recovery drink recipes out there. I've seen some that used apple juice and protein powder. the 4:1 ratio is the key part. That other stuff is bonus material. Some people will buy creatine locally and just add it to their recovery drink. I saw creatine for about $15 locally and I think it was a 30 day supply.

I have not read anything bad about the P90X recovery drink. I have seen/read a couple people that decided to try the P90X recovery drink after they were a few weeks into P90X and they wished they used it starting on day 1.

I am using the Body Fortress protein powder from Walmart for about $14 and that does have creatine and that other stuff added in. My multivitamin also has glutamine in it as well. So I'm getting some of that stuff from other sources.

I think many people look for alternatives to the P90X recovery drink because of its cost. It's not cheap, about $50 including s&h for a 1-month supply. It does taste really good, though.

I picked up that Body Fortress from Walmart also. It does have creatine and glutamine in it as you said. I'm going to try putting a scoop of that in some apple or grape juice. I mixed some into a big cup of Crystal Light and it tasted good. We'll see how it performs over the next few weeks. Thanks!

Ok, here is my understanding and I'm not an expert by any means. The key things with a recovery drink is to get a 4:1 carb to protein ratio within 1 hour of finishing your workout. That gives your body carbs to replace the glycogen you just burned along with some protein. That choco milk recipe pretty much mimics that 4:1 ratio which is the key. It doesn't have any thing like creatine and the other amino acids may or may not be there( no clue what the proteins in milk contain). I did that for 2 weeks( I ran outta hersheys syrup today) and I didn't have any major pain. I've lost weight too and it tastes real good. It's also cheaper and P90X has set me back over $400 because I got adjustable dumbells and a heart rate monitor( all very worth it)

I ran across chocolate milk on a couple P90X forums. I think it's commonly used by marathon runners per what I read. I know it sounds odd but there are alot of recovery drink recipes out there. I've seen some that used apple juice and protein powder. the 4:1 ratio is the key part. That other stuff is bonus material. Some people will buy creatine locally and just add it to their recovery drink. I saw creatine for about $15 locally and I think it was a 30 day supply.

I have not read anything bad about the P90X recovery drink. I have seen/read a couple people that decided to try the P90X recovery drink after they were a few weeks into P90X and they wished they used it starting on day 1.

I am using the Body Fortress protein powder from Walmart for about $14 and that does have creatine and that other stuff added in. My multivitamin also has glutamine in it as well. So I'm getting some of that stuff from other sources.

I think many people look for alternatives to the P90X recovery drink because of its cost. It's not cheap, about $50 including s&h for a 1-month supply. It does taste really good, though.

I picked up that Body Fortress from Walmart also. It does have creatine and glutamine in it as you said. I'm going to try putting a scoop of that in some apple or grape juice. I mixed some into a big cup of Crystal Light and it tasted good. We'll see how it performs over the next few weeks. Thanks!

To be honest, I personally stay away from creatine. Its basically adding water weight to make you look more "buff." A few recent studies have shown that when they took two groups (one used creatine, the other group used a glutamine/protein shake recovery), the members that used glutamine/protien shake lost a lot less mass than those who were on creatine. I dunno, I guess I would say if you want more tangible gains in mass/shape I'd go with the creatine-less recovery.

You can make a lot of great recovery drinks for a fraction of what it costs for the P90 stuff. You can find a lot of them online too. I personally just use a skim milk + (insert protein powder of your choice) and then take two glutamine capsules (from Vitamin Shoppe... like 8 bucks for 100 capsules or something). There are some great ones I have on a different computer to make good recovery shakes. I'll try and post some later on.

Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

I've done all mine in the early afternoon or early evening. However, I don't think it matters much when you do them as long as you do them. :)

I'm just hitting week 4 (Recovery Week!) and am loving it. If you haven't worked out in a while, take it a bit slow at first so as not to injure a muscle, which might cause you to miss workouts.

I can totally agree with the taking it slow. I really haven't exercised hard for quite a long time and we did the core synergistics dvd this morning. Even that kicked my butt (and my wife's too). I couldn't do all the exercises for the full hour plus and did some stretching while not doing what was on the screen.

We started at 6:45am and finished at 7:45. Had breakfast at 8 (protein smoothie).

I just bought a big tub of the protein whey powder at Costco and put that in my smoothie. Not that bad.

I'm starting this whole 90 day routine weighing 216 pounds and pretty out of shape as far as stretching, running, weight lifting, etc. My only exercise is golf during the sprint, summer and fall. Nothing that really gets the heart rate going.

Thanks for all the advice on this thread.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b][i]Ping G400 - 9*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 17*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G400 - 19*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 22*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G30 - 25*[/i]
[i]TaylorMade P790 Custom Black Finish - 6-GW - Steel Fiber i95 shaft[/i]
[i]Cleveland RTX-4 - 54 and 58 [/i]
[i]Scotty Cameron "Joker" X5 34" with 20g Joker weights[/i][/b][/font]

I can't be motivated to do a workout unless it kicks my a**, and BeachBody is capable of providing that. That said, you have to want to look better, feel better, eat better... Even P90X can't make you want that. But it's one of the best tools that will get you there, if you want it to.

ETA: Whoops. On the protein powder thing - if you belong to a Sam's Club, they sell the 5 lb. EAS Whey Protein for, I wanna say, $30 (it's been a while - 5 lbs. lasts FOREVER!). Chocolate is great; I haven't tried the vanilla, but if I pick some up, I'll post on it. I mix it with skim milk and drink it right after my workout, before I shower. You can blend it with ice and other stuff if you want to make smoothies.

Driver: Honma TW747 10.5*

Fairways: Honma TW747 15* / 18*
Hybrids: Honma TW747 22* / 25*
Irons: Honma TW-X 6-11

Wedges: Honma TW-W4 54* / 58*
Putter: TaylorMade TP Collection Juno (33”)

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft (2020)

I did P90X from March through May last year and I highly recommend it. I got up in the morning (4:30 to 5 am) and did the workouts before work and breakfast. I lost almost 30 lbs (217 to 190) and 6" on my waist. I did the regular program and greatly increased my strength and flexibility. The yoga workout is so tough, but it is so awesome for your golf game. By the end of the 90 days, my wife was even commenting that she could see the outline of 6 pack abs, although I still needed to lose more stomach fat to really get the abs to be visible.

The nutritrion plan was key for me. I followed it very closely, although I extended the first phase (high protein, low carb) longer than the plan recommends since I don't suffer from a lack of energy due to low carb intake. I did 'cheat' once every few weeks and had a burger and fries and a few beers, but the workouts are so intense, I wasn't worried about having to burn extra calories.

On the pull-ups, I could only do a half pull-up when I started the program and did almost all of my pull-ups using a stool to support my legs. By the end of the 90 days, I could do 7 pull-ups without the stool.

For those still considering whether to do the program, there is a P90X fit test available (search on Google for it) that has you go through a set of exercises and gives you the minimums that you should be able to accomplish before you start the program. If you can't make the minimums on most of the exercises, I would recommend starting with Power 90 instead.

For my recovery drink, I used a GNC protein powder that also had glutamine in it and that worked fine for me.

I agree...it doesn't really matter what time you do the workouts, as long as you do them. I happen to do mine at 5:00 AM due to my schedule. I spent a considerable amount of time on the P90X forum before I started and a couple of the moderators recommended doing the workouts first thing in the AM if you are trying to burn fat. Because you're on an empty stomache, you'll body will burn fat.

Jerry

I always thought it was bad to workout on an empty stomach. You shouldn't eat something small like an apple or half a bagel? I could easily be 100% wrong about this.

Depends on your goals. For bulking you want to eat before and after. If you are strictly trying to lose weight, then your absolute best method is working out first thing in the morning before eating. And fasting for the hour after your workout. Your body burns a tremendous amount of calories in that hour and your metabolism works 30-40% better for the rest of the day.

(the source of this information is Body for Life...check more out at www.bodyforlife.com )

To be honest, I personally stay away from creatine. Its basically adding water weight to make you look more "buff." A few recent studies have shown that when they took two groups (one used creatine, the other group used a glutamine/protein shake recovery), the members that used glutamine/protien shake lost a lot less mass than those who were on creatine. I dunno, I guess I would say if you want more tangible gains in mass/shape I'd go with the creatine-less recovery.

You can make a lot of great recovery drinks for a fraction of what it costs for the P90 stuff. You can find a lot of them online too. I personally just use a skim milk + (insert protein powder of your choice) and then take two glutamine capsules (from Vitamin Shoppe... like 8 bucks for 100 capsules or something). There are some great ones I have on a different computer to make good recovery shakes. I'll try and post some later on.

Yeah, I really wanted to ensure it had glutamine in it which I understand greatly aids in recovery. When I was doing BFL I used some creatine for a week or two and managed to injure myself doing more reps than I should have been able to do. I'm not sure it was the creatine but I don't know what else to attribute it to and I've heard that can happen with it. I was doing calves and was feeling like I had maybe 2 more in me, but then all of a sudden I got this 2nd wind and was able to pump out like 11 more. I couldn't walk the next day. I was taking like 6" steps. It was kinda funny...for all my co-workers. Whether or not that was the creatine, I'm not sure, but I am not all that psyched about it. I'll look for some whey/glutamine next time. Thanks.

I can totally agree with the taking it slow. I really haven't exercised hard for quite a long time and we did the core synergistics dvd this morning. Even that kicked my butt (and my wife's too). I couldn't do all the exercises for the full hour plus and did some stretching while not doing what was on the screen.

We started at 6:45am and finished at 7:45. Had breakfast at 8 (protein smoothie).

I just bought a big tub of the protein whey powder at Costco and put that in my smoothie. Not that bad.

I'm starting this whole 90 day routine weighing 216 pounds and pretty out of shape as far as stretching, running, weight lifting, etc. My only exercise is golf during the sprint, summer and fall. Nothing that really gets the heart rate going.

Thanks for all the advice on this thread.

Core Synergistics is one of the more difficult workouts IMO. Also Yoga.

Im 14 and 5' 9'' and 147 pounds. While I'm not chunky, I would like to

have an athletic body type, so I can be better in every aspect of golf would the p90 or

p90x workout be better for me, and is the p90x reallt that tough?, what kinds of workouts do

you do???

Thanks,

Range-Rat :friends:

Is it really that tough? I'm guessing anyone who's started this is laughing a little at that question. Believe me, I totally understand why you ask it. When I saw the commercials for it I thought it really couldn't be too difficult. I mean...you do it at home! But I'm telling you, this workout will kick your a** in a major way. The fact that the P90X team does the whole thing on the DVDs is astounding. Granted, I'm 24 years older than you are, but if you're not in prime shape, you'll have a very tough time keeping up with the team through any one of the DVDs. I'm 6'1" about 200 lbs. and was in halfway decent shape going into the program...I still couldn't keep up for any of the workouts. Now I can keep up with Kenpo but not the rest of them.

As for what you do, you do some resistance training using dumbells (or resistance bands) pushups and pullups. The resistance work is for chest, arms, back, and legs. You do some ab work (15 minute workouts that are TOUGH), some Yoga (which is amazingly difficult...I have a HUGE new respect for those who do Yoga regularly), a Kenpo-karate-style cardio workout, there's a Core Synergistics DVD that works your whole core (and a little arms with weights), and a very good stretching DVD.

It's a great system IMO. As mentioned above, go to the P90X website and do their preliminary test to see if P90X or Power 90 would be right for starting.

+1 to what Deadpool said but I'll add in it's as hard as you make it. If you just do some pushups and use light weight it's pretty easy. If you do it with the weight and intensity then it is tough but it's worth it.

My endurance is alot better after just 3 weeks of this program. I feel better overall as well. Well worth the time and $.

+1 to what Deadpool said but I'll add in it's as hard as you make it. If you just do some pushups and use light weight it's pretty easy. If you do it with the weight and intensity then it is tough but it's worth it.

My endurance is alot better after just 3 weeks of this program. I feel better overall as well. Well worth the time and $.

That's true. You could probably slack through the whole thing and get through it fine. Make sure you use the weights that make you really push yourself over the last few reps of your chosen max (6-8 reps or 12-15 reps). If you're choosing a weight that you can do 25 reps with...and then only doing 12-15, you aren't really trying. Likewise, you should strive for the full range of motion on pushups and pullups.

I can't be motivated to do a workout unless it kicks my a**, and BeachBody is capable of providing that. That said, you have to want to look better, feel better, eat better... Even P90X can't make you want that. But it's one of the best tools that will get you there, if you want it to.

ETA: Whoops. On the protein powder thing - if you belong to a Sam's Club, they sell the 5 lb. EAS Whey Protein for, I wanna say, $30 (it's been a while - 5 lbs. lasts FOREVER!). Chocolate is great; I haven't tried the vanilla, but if I pick some up, I'll post on it. I mix it with skim milk and drink it right after my workout, before I shower. You can blend it with ice and other stuff if you want to make smoothies.

I use the same Whey from Sams, its $29 and dont try the vanilla, taste horrible. ON whey mixes the best and tastes the best but it also cost more than the EAS. But ON has a bunch of flavors if people get sick of it.

As far as all the Creatine posts go,,, its the most researched supplement there is. Check out bodybuilding.com and search creatine and you will find more info than you could ever want. Some products like No-Xplode and others are more of a pump to get you going in the gym. Anyways there are a tons of types of creatine. Read up on it and decide for yourself. I personally use a basic Creatine Monohydrate and there is no question I tell a difference. And the claim its water weight/no muscle/etc is just wrong. I stopped lifting heavy and taking it for awhile and I didnt shrink

I'm just about finished with week 3 of phase 1 ( did arms and shoulders today)

This is a good workout program, best thing about it is i can do it all at home without having to drive to gym. Only problem is the plyometrics routine, because when i do it in the house i do not have enough room and shaking the floor. I solved this by ripping it to my computer, putting the video on my ipod touch and ripping the audio off and putting that on my nano. I can listen to the nano and do the workout, and if i start the video on my touch a few seconds earlier i can see what to do if i don't understand from the audio. Then i can do the workout outside or anywhere else.

I'm not doing the whole protein shake thing right now. Want to drop a few more lbs before i start adding alot more calories. Also not a fan of creatine or other muscle enhancers other than just protein.

I agree...a lot of people think P90X is too tough because of what they see in the commercials. The good thing about the program is that they show you several ways to do the exercises, and the difficulty is often based on the intensity you bring to the exercises.

I've read quite a few stories of people who were not active that completed P90X successfully. An athletic body is exactly what you will get. I've got 3 weeks left in my first round of the program, and have had great success. You can see my before and after pics at the attached link..as well as my story...the pics will pop up if you select "Read my Story":

I have P90 as well, as it was included in my Coach's kit. I have not completed the program personally, but people have had great results with it. If you're really concerned about P90X, then you couldn't go wrong completing P90 first and then going to P90X.

Jerry

Hey p90x experts,

I did the legs/back workout yesterday and was a bit confused on the worksheet. It seems as though the worksheet I have only list the back exercises and not the legs. Am I missing somehting here? I was not able to write down anything for the leg exercises because the sheet I had to record the data did not have it listed. Do you guys think I should contcat beachbody for the worksheets?

side note, im not feeling the same chest workout as I would if I were to do my regular bench press sets. I might not be doing it right but I feel most of the fatigue/soreness in my arms, shoulders and especially triceps. I know I should try to squeeze my pecks/chest but the main muscle im working when doing pushups feels like my triceps. Anyone else getting the same results?

thanks in advance

Hey p90x experts,

I did the legs/back workout yesterday and was a bit confused on the worksheet. It seems as though the worksheet I have only list the back exercises and not the legs. Am I missing somehting here? I was not able to write down anything for the leg exercises because the sheet I had to record the data did not have it listed. Do you guys think I should contcat beachbody for the worksheets?

side note, im not feeling the same chest workout as I would if I were to do my regular bench press sets. I might not be doing it right but I feel most of the fatigue/soreness in my arms, shoulders and especially triceps. I know I should try to squeeze my pecks/chest but the main muscle im working when doing pushups feels like my triceps. Anyone else getting the same results?

thanks in advance

That worksheet confused me too. I then noticed it says to only track your pullups.

I have the same problem with my arms for the chest and back routine. can't do a pullup unassisted and it's always my arms that fail first. What's happening is the weakest link in the chain is getting the big workout. Right now those areas aren't strong enough yet to handle the workout and let it progress to your chest more. You'll overcome that.

So I completed day 30 yesterday. I lost about 9 lbs, 2% BF, my chest, waist and hips each shrunk between 1+ - 2+ inches.

I went to my chiropractor Monday for a 2 month followup and he wanted to know what I was doing because my spine looked so much better. He was impressed with the improvement. That was a nice feeling.

So even though my day 30 pictures don't show a huge difference, except the side view, I know this program is helping me in ways nothing else I've ever tried has. My endurance is vastly improved, my knee pain has greatly diminished, my back is looking better, and I feel better overall.

This is the best $ I ever spend on trying to get in shape.

Are the rest of you seeing positive reults yet?

congrats! keep it up...

Sidenote, I did read the fine print on the leg sheet and it does say to only track back exercises. Which was kind of confusing because in the video I could have sworn Tony gave reps for the leg exercises and said to write it down.

I did plyo last night. :( well only half of the program. Even though it is sort of low impact I dont think my left knee (patella) can take it. It was hurting so bad that i had to stop.

Did you just push through the pain with your bum knee?

I should go see my ortho and get some x-rays for my knees and ankle eh? I want to strengthen those parts and dont mind the pain, I just dont want to damage it anymore then it already is.

My right shoulder/arms are much bigger then my left. And I can do 7 unassisted pull ups as opposed to 1 when I started. But thats only for round 1. Round 2, I can barely get 2 in.

That worksheet confused me too. I then noticed it says to only track your pullups.

I have the same problem with my arms for the chest and back routine. can't do a pullup unassisted and it's always my arms that fail first. What's happening is the weakest link in the chain is getting the big workout. Right now those areas aren't strong enough yet to handle the workout and let it progress to your chest more. You'll overcome that.

So I completed day 30 yesterday. I lost about 9 lbs, 2% BF, my chest, waist and hips each shrunk between 1+ - 2+ inches.

I went to my chiropractor Monday for a 2 month followup and he wanted to know what I was doing because my spine looked so much better. He was impressed with the improvement. That was a nice feeling.

So even though my day 30 pictures don't show a huge difference, except the side view, I know this program is helping me in ways nothing else I've ever tried has. My endurance is vastly improved, my knee pain has greatly diminished, my back is looking better, and I feel better overall.

This is the best $ I ever spend on trying to get in shape.

Are the rest of you seeing positive reults yet?

I've been to a Chiro as well, but not since I started the program. I just started Week 5 on Monday and am feeling better than I have in a looonnnng time. I'm having less trouble with my back (none lately actually); I'm guessing that's because my core is stronger and I'm more flexible overall. I agree that it's the best $ I've spent on trying to get in shape, but that's not really saying much because the only other time I "tried" to get in shape was when I bought Body for Life and started that program. That's a great program too and I could comfortably recommend either that or P90X. I've lost a few inches in my waist and can see a definite difference in body fat in the mirror. Not a huge difference but I can see it. I don't look more muscular to my own eye but others have mentioned that I look a little broader across the chest and back. In any event, I do see positive results. The visual results aren't jaw-dropping, but they're present. The best results have been in how I feel.

I did plyo last night. :( well only half of the program. Even though it is sort of low impact I dont think my left knee (patella) can take it. It was hurting so bad that i had to stop.

I should go see my ortho and get some x-rays for my knees and ankle eh? I want to strengthen those parts and dont mind the pain, I just dont want to damage it anymore then it already is.

My right shoulder/arms are much bigger then my left. And I can do 7 unassisted pull ups as opposed to 1 when I started. But thats only for round 1. Round 2, I can barely get 2 in.

At least until you see your Ortho, I'd recommend doing Cardio X instead of Plyo X. Don't let pride make you injure your knee more. ;)

Today marks the end of my 4th week. Have lost 10 lbs, and my clothes feel much looser. I have gotten stronger, feel much more fit, and becomes somewhat more flexible. Hated the yoga when I first did it, but it has become one of my favorites. I can't emphasize enough how much I enjoy doing the workouts, and the results I have seen. Although my golf is limited to hitting in a dome twice a week, I feel like the added flexibility and core strength enables me to make a better swing.

Definately stop. Tony mentions in one the DVDs that there is a difference between pain and soreness. Soreness is good and you can push through that. pain is bad and do not push through it. If you feel pain stop what you are doing and modify.

Sometimes I feel that workout in my knee. When I do, I stop the excercise. I won't do hot foot for example because I don't think my knee is up to it.

Get it checked out and do the cardio disc if need be.

Also are you wearing good shoes? You want to be feel supported for that routine. I wear running shoes, which isn't the best for that routine. A shoe designed for jumping would be better like basketball or cross trainers, etc.

The jumping was ok, but I wasnt landing as soft as i could have bc of the pain in the knee. And the high chair kicks/swings was killing me bc of the pressure/stress on the left patella.

Other then that the little ski exercise and heisman move wasnt too painful.

thanks for the advice, I think I will substitute for now the cardio or stretch for the plyo.

Im extremely non flexible, is it ok to do the stretch dvd everyday or every other?

I know lots of static streching isnt good prior but what about after a regular workout?