Uneekor Eye XO 2 Simulator Build Complete!!!

Mob

3 hours ago, Canada8888 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aolZJ5C3Cuo
Sim putting would be about the same on both systems.  The stickers on the club in foresight are for deeper analysis.  (ie where the ball hits on the face, AOA, club path etc).  This is great when you are working on your swing or during a club fitting. You can play sim golf without the stickers and it would be just as accurate.
the deep dive putting module in foresight is not as good as the stand alone putting analysis systems such as quintic ..
bottom line if you use the RCT balls with the trackman 4 it would be very similar in ball flight and 3rd part software sim play to the hawk.  The hawk sits above and in front of you and the trackman sits on the floor behind you.  You have just enough room for both ... enjoy

Thank you, very helpful analysis.  I am still struggling to pull the trigger and commit to a system.  I am testing a Trackman 4 simulator set up tomorrow, so at least that gives me one more piece of information.  I can see if there is a GC Hawk locally for me to test as well.  If I am going to consider GC Hawk, then maybe that brings Uneekor Eye XO back into consideration as well.

LEFT HANDED

Callaway Paradym Smoke TD with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

Shoot.  I was moving away from seriously considering FullSwing, but I just went and hit on FullSwing Pro with the ion3 cameras, and it was pretty impressive.  Better than I was expecting.  The FullSwing I hit on last week must of been an earlier version.  Numbers appeared to be accurate, based on what I know about my swing from many experiences on multiple different systems.  There were no dropped shots or incomplete data. Putting and chipping seemed good as well.  The system was running e6 Connect.  It also has a slow motion video of your club at impact, which is nice.  The only number that was missing was AOA, which it isn't capable of.  The third party installer has put about 10 of these systems in over the past 3-5 years, and he said that working with the company when technical issues come up has been good.  Overall, this experience has me reconsidering FullSwing more seriously. I am hitting on a Trackman 4 system later today.  If I can find a GC Hawk in the area, then I will try and do that as well.  The general contractor is coming in 2 weeks to start tearing the room apart and raising the ceiling, so I need to make a decision soon.

LEFT HANDED

So I spent an hour testing Trackman 4 this afternoon.  This was the full Trackman Sim build out where they do everything.  The practice options are pretty nice, lot's to choose from. The function that shows where the impact location on the club face is very nice as well.  There was a delay when you hit a ball before you see anything pop up on the screen.  I am not sure if this is normal, or if the computer isn't processing fast enough.  It seemed like a decent computer, Alienware with i5 processor.  Spin was calculated for most shots, but they did not have RCT balls, which I presume would fix this.  If I had to choose between these 2 systems, I am leaning towards FullSwing.  I am going to try and test a GC Hawk if I can.  More to come.

Edited by Mob

LEFT HANDED

1 minute ago, timsiegle said:

Ha ha, nice. Point well taken. If I can find one to try, I am certainly open to it.

LEFT HANDED

5 minutes ago, Mob said:

Ha ha, nice. Point well taken. If I can find one to try, I am certainly open to it.

I have no skin in the game, but have seen lots of stories of people starting in one place or another, and ending up with either an EyeXO, a GC Quad, a GC3, a Bushnell Launch Pro or a used GC2. https://discord.gg/3e6XQCev This is the spot people are gathering to talk about GSPro. Lots of the members are former TGC players.

I know it's another layer to your journey but I think it's worth going down the rabbit hole. 

1 minute ago, timsiegle said:

I have no skin in the game, but have seen lots of stories of people starting in one place or another, and ending up with either an EyeXO, a GC Quad, a GC3, a Bushnell Launch Pro or a used GC2. https://discord.gg/3e6XQCev This is the spot people are gathering to talk about GSPro. Lots of the members are former TGC players.

I know it's another layer to your journey but I think it's worth going down the rabbit hole. 

The journey continues…

Gc Quad isn’t an option for me. I am left handed and my boys are right handed. GC Hawk would be an option.

LEFT HANDED

I cant speak much to indoor use of trackman, but if you are making the investment in an indoor simulator customer service should be something to consider. While Foresight products are quite good indoors- customer service took a nose dive off a cliff ever since they were acquired by Bushnell. 

Not that customer service should be the driving factor in your decision but it's one of those things where "it's not a problem until it is" sort of deal.

5 minutes ago, AmateurAmateur said:

I cant speak much to indoor use of trackman, but if you are making the investment in an indoor simulator customer service should be something to consider. While Foresight products are quite good indoors- customer service took a nose dive off a cliff ever since they were acquired by Bushnell. 

Not that customer service should be the driving factor in your decision but it's one of those things where "it's not a problem until it is" sort of deal.

Thank you, good to know. Customer service is important to me as well. 

LEFT HANDED

I found a local guy who sells the Uneekor and the GC Hawk.  His shop is currently being redone, but he has a Uneekor Eye XO at his house that he said I can come try it.  His experience is that the Uneekor numbers are extremely similar to the GC Hawk, so why pay more for the same data (as others have said here), so he recommended the Uneekor Eye XO over the GC Hawk, for many of the reasons others have listed on this thread.  I am going to try and test it either tomorrow or Monday.  This should be the final test, as I have ruled Trackman 4 out and now have it narrowed down to FullSwing and Uneekor.  I have not personally ruled out the GC Hawk, but I haven't really made the effort to pursue it.

Edited by Mob
  • Like 1

LEFT HANDED

I just went and hit on a Uneekor Eye XO.  Overall, I was impressed with it.  It also seemed to be accurate. It was running with e6 software, which I tend to like.  Putting and chipping seemed reasonable.  I like the camera picture of impact of the club and ball which FullSwing has as well.  I don't love the idea of having to put stickers on all my clubs, in order to obtain accurate club head data, then having the stickers on my clubs when going out to play on the course in golf season, when I am going back and forth.  It does make me wonder how accurate any club head data is on any other system, without the stickers.  Overall, I prefer the FullSwing system, but not enough to spend 4x more for a fairly equivalent system when it comes to numbers and experience.  At this point Uneekor Eye XO is in the lead.  I have to make a decision soon, as demolition is starting on the garage on Friday.

LEFT HANDED

5 hours ago, Mob said:

I just went and hit on a Uneekor Eye XO.  Overall, I was impressed with it.  It also seemed to be accurate. It was running with e6 software, which I tend to like.  Putting and chipping seemed reasonable.  I like the camera picture of impact of the club and ball which FullSwing has as well.  I don't love the idea of having to put stickers on all my clubs, in order to obtain accurate club head data, then having the stickers on my clubs when going out to play on the course in golf season, when I am going back and forth.  It does make me wonder how accurate any club head data is on any other system, without the stickers.  Overall, I prefer the FullSwing system, but not enough to spend 4x more for a fairly equivalent system when it comes to numbers and experience.  At this point Uneekor Eye XO is in the lead.  I have to make a decision soon, as demolition is starting on the garage on Friday.

Good to hear you like the Uneekor, it's a lot of bang for the buck. 
I'll save you another couple thousand...get GSPro annual subscription instead of E6.

On 12/30/2022 at 9:08 PM, timsiegle said:

Me - Skytrak has been fine for 2 years, but the GC3 is on the way. And a retractable screen. It’s only money. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JAM01 said:

Me - Skytrak has been fine for 2 years, but the GC3 is on the way. And a retractable screen. It’s only money. 

I am just trying to do my due diligence, so I don’t make a mistake from lack of information. I am definitely waffling more than I usually do, but there’s a pretty big price difference between these two units. The clubhead data is very important to me, but I don’t like the idea of having to have stickers on my clubs during the season. That would bother me on the course. I also don’t think it’s feasible to take them on and off every time I go between the two every week during the golf season. when testing the Uneekor system, it definitely missed clubhead data without the stickers. The full swing system never missed any data when I was using it.

LEFT HANDED

14 minutes ago, Mob said:

I am just trying to do my due diligence, so I don’t make a mistake from lack of information. I am definitely waffling more than I usually do, but there’s a pretty big price difference between these two units. The clubhead data is very important to me, but I don’t like the idea of having to have stickers on my clubs during the season. That would bother me on the course. I also don’t think it’s feasible to take them on and off every time I go between the two every week during the golf season. when testing the Uneekor system, it definitely missed clubhead data without the stickers. The full swing system never missed any data when I was using it.

I like the over head system and would be headed in that direction. I’m just wondering if cold temps in the garage in the winter would harm the system? Skytrak and GC3 are so mobile I can bring them in and disconnect the projector and bring it in too with the laptop. This really is a rabbit hole! 

52 minutes ago, timsiegle said:

Good to hear you like the Uneekor, it's a lot of bang for the buck. 
I'll save you another couple thousand...get GSPro annual subscription instead of E6.

Definitely a very solid system with great reviews.  I agree, you get a lot for your money with this system.  I have to check if the third party I am working with here has experience with this system.  If not, then I have to figure things out.

LEFT HANDED

Just now, JAM01 said:

I like the over head system and would be headed in that direction. I’m just wondering if cold temps in the garage in the winter would harm the system? Skytrak and GC3 are so mobile I can bring them in and disconnect the projector and bring it in too with the laptop. This really is a rabbit hole! 

I am planning to have my general contractor run a duct and return to the space, while he is raising the ceiling, otherwise that would be a problem for me as well.

• Like 1

LEFT HANDED

13 minutes ago, Mob said:

I am planning to have my general contractor run a duct and return to the space, while he is raising the ceiling, otherwise that would be a problem for me as well.

16 minutes ago, JAM01 said:

You could also get a Mitsubishi split heating system for your garage.  We have one in our sunroom, and love it.  Very reliable with minimal maintenance.  Also really nice to get in a car in the winter and for it to be a reasonable temperature.

• Like 1

LEFT HANDED

5 minutes ago, Pens #1 fan said:

@Mob how has the Sim play been on the systems. 

SIM play has been very good with FullSwing and Uneekor.  I would give the edge to FullSwing.  It's really cool how you immediately see the ball impact the screen at a specific point on the screen, and then the ball continues instantaneously from the same point of impact.  I tested e6 on both systems, so it was apples to apples.  FullSwing never dropped a ball or any data.  The club data was inconsistent with Uneekor, because I didn't have stickers on my clubs.  I am not sure which would be more accurate club data, if i had stickers on my clubs with the Uneekor system.  I assume the stickers would make the Uneekor more accurate.

LEFT HANDED

if you like the no sticker approach check out TruGolf's TruFlight 2 ...  great system using  2 types of overhead sensors ...  a great feature is that the club and ball outputs are adjustable ....  if you borrow a GC Quad for the day you can set it up so the club and ball readings are the same between the systems and you have  great accuracy .... 

33 minutes ago, Canada8888 said:

if you like the no sticker approach check out TruGolf's TruFlight 2 ...  great system using  2 types of overhead sensors ...  a great feature is that the club and ball outputs are adjustable ....  if you borrow a GC Quad for the day you can set it up so the club and ball readings are the same between the systems and you have  great accuracy .... 

Thanks, looks interesting.  It seems that more and more overhead optical systems are coming out on the market, which is good for everybody.

LEFT HANDED

Having recently researched and bought a complete package I will say there are a few points where the companies putting the package together seem to be adding the most profit for relatively crap inclusions.

1.  The projector - skip it from a complete solution if you can.  buying it separately is a better value and better projector for the same or less money than included in package.
2. The computer cart -  they all include a crappy $100 or less thing.  just get any computer cart and choose one you like instead of the ikea quality you get with all the packages.

3.  The area in front of the hitting mat - have your contractor build a putting floor and put some Home Depot grass on it.  $500-1000 for what the inclusive packages assign a ~$2500+ value to.

The most important bits in the package are the completeness and ease of assembly of the screen and enclosure resulting in a near perfect black out of light around the screen at least 5 feet deep.  The rest of the bits don't matter to the over all result of the sim and you can get much better pricing/quality sourcing the rest of the bits individually.

Regarding the Trackman 4 indoors, it just doesn't calculate spin properly.  High spin shots are not penalized as they should be so a giant 80 yard hook gets read by the TM4 as a low spin, slight draw bomb.  Struggling with GC3 results v TM4 results for months has made this TM4 issue rather apparent.  The TM4 will leave you very confident in your shot making ability but then you'll scratch your head when you hit the same shots on the course and spray them in random directions.

• Like 1

Driver - TSi3 8 deg, Project X HZRDUS SB PVD 60 6.5

3 Wd - TSI3 15 deg, Project X HZRDUS 70 6.5

3i-PW - Mizuno Pro 221, Oban CT-115 Stiff

Vokey SM9 50 deg, Oban CT-115 Stiff

Vokey SM9 54 deg, Oban CT-115 Stiff

Vokey SM9 58 deg, Oban CT-115 Stiff

Putter - Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Triple Wide

Simulator - Bushnell Launch Pro, Foresight Sim In A Box Birdie

21 minutes ago, Greanhouse said:

Having recently researched and bought a complete package I will say there are a few points where the companies putting the package together seem to be adding the most profit for relatively crap inclusions.

1.  The projector - skip it from a complete solution if you can.  buying it separately is a better value and better projector for the same or less money than included in package.
2. The computer cart -  they all include a crappy $100 or less thing.  just get any computer cart and choose one you like instead of the ikea quality you get with all the packages.

3.  The area in front of the hitting mat - have your contractor build a putting floor and put some Home Depot grass on it.  $500-1000 for what the inclusive packages assign a ~$2500+ value to.

The most important bits in the package are the completeness and ease of assembly of the screen and enclosure resulting in a near perfect black out of light around the screen at least 5 feet deep.  The rest of the bits don't matter to the over all result of the sim and you can get much better pricing/quality sourcing the rest of the bits individually.

Regarding the Trackman 4 indoors, it just doesn't calculate spin properly.  High spin shots are not penalized as they should be so a giant 80 yard hook gets read by the TM4 as a low spin, slight draw bomb.  Struggling with GC3 results v TM4 results for months has made this TM4 issue rather apparent.  The TM4 will leave you very confident in your shot making ability but then you'll scratch your head when you hit the same shots on the course and spray them in random directions.

Great information, thank you.  I am already leaning away from a complete package, in fact I already bought a gaming computer as the lead time is early February.

LEFT HANDED

53 minutes ago, Mob said:

Great information, thank you.  I am already leaning away from a complete package, in fact I already bought a gaming computer as the lead time is early February.

Oh yeah, nice!  I forgot about the PC too.  Definitely another area you can get better and lower price.

I've got this ASUS ROG Strix Scar but in 17" and a Acer Predator PH3 15" with a GTX3070 Ti and GTX3060 respectively.  Both work great and are less than the full size desktops in the packages with better overall specs as well.

Any of these 22 models are cheap right now and will work, just make sure the graphics card is GTX3060 or better. 

https://bestreviews.com/gaming/computers/best-gaming-laptops?cid=15845756636&aid=135656893801&eid=&tid=kwd-1396589587355&ul=9012509&mt=b&n=g&d=c&dm=&dt&sn&adid=573855159538&k=gaming laptop 2022&p=&pc=&ap=

Edited by Greanhouse

Driver - TSi3 8 deg, Project X HZRDUS SB PVD 60 6.5

3 Wd - TSI3 15 deg, Project X HZRDUS 70 6.5

3i-PW - Mizuno Pro 221, Oban CT-115 Stiff

Vokey SM9 50 deg, Oban CT-115 Stiff

Vokey SM9 54 deg, Oban CT-115 Stiff

Vokey SM9 58 deg, Oban CT-115 Stiff

Putter - Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Triple Wide

Simulator - Bushnell Launch Pro, Foresight Sim In A Box Birdie

4 hours ago, Greanhouse said:

Oh yeah, nice!  I forgot about the PC too.  Definitely another area you can get better and lower price.

I've got this ASUS ROG Strix Scar but in 17" and a Acer Predator PH3 15" with a GTX3070 Ti and GTX3060 respectively.  Both work great and are less than the full size desktops in the packages with better overall specs as well.

Any of these 22 models are cheap right now and will work, just make sure the graphics card is GTX3060 or better. 

https://bestreviews.com/gaming/computers/best-gaming-laptops?cid=15845756636&aid=135656893801&eid=&tid=kwd-1396589587355&ul=9012509&mt=b&n=g&d=c&dm=&dt&sn&adid=573855159538&k=gaming laptop 2022&p=&pc=&ap=

Thanks, I got an Alienware Aurora R15 gaming computer.  

LEFT HANDED

Decision finally made.  I am going with the Uneekor Eye XO.  Garage demolition starts Friday.  Here we go.

• Like 2

LEFT HANDED

Here is my space.

LEFT HANDED

• Mob changed the title to Uneekor Eye XO 2 Simulator Build in Progress
  • Mob changed the title to Uneekor Eye XO 2 Simulator Build Complete!!!