Uneekor Eye XO 2 Simulator Build Complete!!!

Mob

On 1/5/2023 at 10:57 AM, Shushwap said:

Congrats on the new system.. let us know how u like it 

I will send some pictures along the way, but it will probably be late February before this is done, if everything goes well.  Supply chain issues...

Edited by Mob
  • Like 1

LEFT HANDED

Callaway Paradym Smoke TD with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

Workers apparently showed up on time this morning to start tearing the room apart.  It is a Festivus miracle!

IMG_5313.jpg.73e7653c8e950b5dc1e858b4ed6344c1.jpgIMG_5314.jpg.16c0475d1d30ad6008818e6930cf0784.jpg

LEFT HANDED

Just now, timsiegle said:

How's the progress? Really curious to see how they "raised the roof"

LEFT HANDED

They are in process of raising the ceiling 25 inches.  Will be around 11 feet.  You can see where they have raised half of the joists.  Going slower than I would like, but that is the way it goes.

Edited by Mob

LEFT HANDED

• 2 weeks later...

Ceiling has been raised.  They are coming Monday to start the electrical and HVAC ductwork to the room. 

Of note, Uneekor just announced an update to the Eye XO at the PGA Merchandise show today.  It will have 3 cameras and a larger hitting area.  I hope it comes out soon!

LEFT HANDED

• Mob changed the title to Help/Advice Regarding Simulator Build. Build in progress
1 hour ago, Mob said:

Ceiling has been raised.  They are coming Monday to start the electrical and HVAC ductwork to the room. 

Of note, Uneekor just announced an update to the Eye XO at the PGA Merchandise show today.  It will have 3 cameras and a larger hitting area.  I hope it comes out soon!

I thought you bought the EyeXO already?

https://uneekor.com/products/eye-xo-2-launch-monitor

Just now, timsiegle said:

I thought you bought the EyeXO already?

https://uneekor.com/products/eye-xo-2-launch-monitor

Nothing has happened quickly.  I decided on the Eye XO, but we haven't actually purchased it yet.  Still in construction phase, which will take 3-4 weeks.  Wiring and HVAC next week. Then finishing the space.  I have decided on all the components:

-Uneekor Eye XO (2 if it is available soon) with Swing Optix Cameras

-BenQ LK936 ST Projector

-Sig Pro Softy 4 x 10 hitting matt

-Sig Pro Premium Impact Screen

-Alienware Aurora R15 (already ordered, supposed to come Feb. 10th)

I will post pictures along the way, but it will likely be one picture a week for the next 4-6 weeks.  I am excited about some of the finish ideas that we have come up with.

LEFT HANDED

7 minutes ago, Mob said:

Nothing has happened quickly.  I decided on the Eye XO, but we haven't actually purchased it yet.  Still in construction phase, which will take 3-4 weeks.  Wiring and HVAC next week. Then finishing the space.  I have decided on all the components:

-Uneekor Eye XO (2 if it is available soon) with Swing Optix Cameras

-BenQ LK936 ST Projector

-Sig Pro Softy 4 x 10 hitting matt

-Sig Pro Premium Impact Screen

-Alienware Aurora R15 (already ordered, supposed to come Feb. 10th)

I will post pictures along the way, but it will likely be one picture a week for the next 4-6 weeks.  I am excited about some of the finish ideas that we have come up with.

It's available to purchase now, shipping mid-February. $12,000 if you order it before Feb 28th according to the website.

5 minutes ago, JAM01 said:

Are you getting a side mount garage door opener? 

No, we are actually removing all the railings and wheels, insulating and walling off the garage door on the inside.  It will still look like a garage door from the outside, but it will be a completely enclosed room from the inside.

• Like 1

LEFT HANDED

Framing done.

IMG_5378.jpg.0b505d75af1d5932e2df8842d3925866.jpgIMG_5379.jpg.1655d469b1f499cb4fef935ff379f762.jpgIMG_5377.jpg.934beafbf55d95ae2277d0727de32899.jpg

• Like 1

LEFT HANDED

• 2 weeks later...

Wiring and Heating ducts done.  Insulation and drywall start next week.  Projector came and impact screen is coming next week.  I'll add some pictures when I get a chance, although not a lot different looking grossly.

LEFT HANDED

Pictures don't look a lot different, but you can see the wiring, and where the Uneekor will be mounted.  Also can see the heating vents.  They are waiting on some lighting cans before they insulate and drywall.

IMG_5404.jpg.592c820d163e55bad92365c943260797.jpg

• Like 1

LEFT HANDED

I wish I saw this thread sooner so I could have saved you from buying a pre-built Alienware PC, those things are terrible. 

Really looking forward to seeing what you create with the space!

I think I'd be going for a Uneekor XO2 as well, just seems like such a great option for the price.

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 9* - Ventus Black 6S

Woods: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3 & 5 Wood - Ventus Black 7S

Hybrid: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour - Ventus Blue 85HYB Stiff

Irons: TaylorMade p790 & p770 Combo Set - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Wedges: TaylorMade MG4 50 SB - 54 SB - 58 LBV - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour DB 35"

3 hours ago, PickItUpGolf said:

I wish I saw this thread sooner so I could have saved you from buying a pre-built Alienware PC, those things are terrible. 

Really looking forward to seeing what you create with the space!

I think I'd be going for a Uneekor XO2 as well, just seems like such a great option for the price.

I did a little research and the Alienware Aurora R15 with the i9 13900KF processor, 64 GB DDR5, 4 TB NVMe M.2 PCle SSD, NVIDIA RTX 4090 24 GB graphics card with their new 240mm Cryo tech liquid cooling system was highly rated by several different gaming computer reviewers.  I know Alienware has had lot's of issues in the past, but for someone who doesn't plan to upgrade their motherboard like me, this is the most powerful gaming computer out there (At least for the next few months).

They insulated today, and start drywalling tomorrow.  Making some slow progress.  I have all the components, except for the Uneekor Eye XO2, which doesn't ship for another week or so.

• Like 1

LEFT HANDED

Updated pictures. Enclosure built out, walls and ceiling insulated.  Ceiling drywall and wood on walls tomorrow.

Unknown-3.jpeg.6e3533ba0191a03100bcb60140d5d527.jpegUnknown-2.jpeg.a9c9fc357b475f0ec29f9494173b2b3c.jpegUnknown-1.jpeg.a705759f75915f2c9f6a6d2d6ec649c0.jpeg

LEFT HANDED

I had them run conduits for every different type of launch monitor (Trackman, Full Swing, Uneekor), in case something significantly better comes out in the future and I want to switch, without having to tear down any walls.  

LEFT HANDED

I’m probably late to this party as I see you have already picked out the Uneekor, but if you haven’t actually purchased it, here is my two cents. 

I completed my home sim last June and went with Trackman 4. I was so excited to have a golf simulator in my basement that when I finally got it setup, the average experience I was having kind of went out the window for the first month. The more I played it though, the less I actually enjoyed playing the courses. The graphics to me are second to none, but the feedback I saw while playing didn’t feel great to me. You would hit a bump and run out of the rough and your ball would check right away, you would play a flop shot of a tight lie and your ball would roll out. Bunker shots would check right away no matter what. When you hit a full shot into a green it would hit and spin without the realism of a real looking golf ball hitting the green, releasing, and then spinning back a little (depending on the club you hit). Overall, after the initial few weeks of letting the excitement wear off, I ended up using the shot analysis tool 90% of the time that I used it. This is not why I purchased the Trackman unit as I mainly wanted it to play sim golf in my basement, pretty disappointing!

Well, fast forward to December and EVERYTHING has completely changed once they released a rather large new update. In December alone I played 40 rounds of golf on my Trackman (from June-November I probably played 20 rounds). The gameplay got a complete overhaul for the better. It now has an immersive feel to it and you feel like you’re actually on the golf course over each shot, versus with the previous software you felt more above the course away from the ball/lie. You can also now hit a bump and run with confidence, a green-side bunker shot now checks and rolls out a little unless you clip it really well, which will even allow the ball to slightly check and spin back a tad. When you hit a full shot your ball now reacts like a real golf shot by checking a couple times then slowly spinning back. 

All in all, I would say if you tried out the Trackman 4 before the new update, you should give it another look as it has made a major hurdle forward with the new update. I went from just hitting balls a few nights a week to playing 18-36 holes 4-5 nights a week with the new update.

Also, most importantly, all of my numbers and data are spot on when playing or practicing on my Trackman. Customer service also is 24/7 and they are phenomenal to work with when you do have an issue or concern. 

I hope this helps and if it’s too late, I hope you enjoy your setup! It already looks great! 

Edited by Hawkman23

14 hours ago, Hawkman23 said:

I’m probably late to this party as I see you have already picked out the Uneekor, but if you haven’t actually purchased it, here is my two cents. 

I completed my home sim last June and went with Trackman 4. I was so excited to have a golf simulator in my basement that when I finally got it setup, the average experience I was having kind of went out the window for the first month. The more I played it though, the less I actually enjoyed playing the courses. The graphics to me are second to none, but the feedback I saw while playing didn’t feel great to me. You would hit a bump and run out of the rough and your ball would check right away, you would play a flop shot of a tight lie and your ball would roll out. Bunker shots would check right away no matter what. When you hit a full shot into a green it would hit and spin without the realism of a real looking golf ball hitting the green, releasing, and then spinning back a little (depending on the club you hit). Overall, after the initial few weeks of letting the excitement wear off, I ended up using the shot analysis tool 90% of the time that I used it. This is not why I purchased the Trackman unit as I mainly wanted it to play sim golf in my basement, pretty disappointing!

Well, fast forward to December and EVERYTHING has completely changed once they released a rather large new update. In December alone I played 40 rounds of golf on my Trackman (from June-November I probably played 20 rounds). The gameplay got a complete overhaul for the better. It now has an immersive feel to it and you feel like you’re actually on the golf course over each shot, versus with the previous software you felt more above the course away from the ball/lie. You can also now hit a bump and run with confidence, a green-side bunker shot now checks and rolls out a little unless you clip it really well, which will even allow the ball to slightly check and spin back a tad. When you hit a full shot your ball now reacts like a real golf shot by checking a couple times then slowly spinning back. 

All in all, I would say if you tried out the Trackman 4 before the new update, you should give it another look as it has made a major hurdle forward with the new update. I went from just hitting balls a few nights a week to playing 18-36 holes 4-5 nights a week with the new update.

Also, most importantly, all of my numbers and data are spot on when playing or practicing on my Trackman. Customer service also is 24/7 and they are phenomenal to work with when you do have an issue or concern. 

I hope this helps and if it’s too late, I hope you enjoy your setup! It already looks great! 

Thanks for your thoughts.  I looked at Trackman and it is certainly a great system.  Uneekor is probably the "best bang for the buck", given how much cheaper it is than Trackman.  I also prefer an overhead system given my space constraints.  After doing a lot of research, photometric systems tend to more accurately capture spin rates indoors over doppler based systems, which really shine outdoors.  Put all that together, and Uneekor became the obvious choice for me.  Nothing against Trackman, I considered it strongly.  There are lots of great choices out there.

Edited by Mob
  • Like 3

LEFT HANDED

Coming along.

IMG_5418.jpg.6b3dd2d58413baf3366ada449b8d1d5e.jpgIMG_5419.jpg.5c9c4470441017b91ad1bf437240a777.jpg

• Like 1

LEFT HANDED

8 minutes ago, Bob Ferguson said:

The contractor in me has to ask ,why the plywood on the walls ? Looks good so far .

Ah great question. The walls will be covered in distressed wood panels. The GC wanted to put plywood underneath and paint it black, in case there were any small gaps between the pieces, so no gaps could really be seen between the pieces.

LEFT HANDED

41 minutes ago, JAM01 said:

Mob, been following along in anticipation. Looks great. When it warms up you might not even want to head outside! 

Ha ha, it's certainly possible.  It will be nice to have on rainy days, that is for sure.  Looks like progress will be slow this week, as he wants to go over the drywall a couple of times to smooth everything out, with sanding and drying time in between.  Then they have to work on the subfloor, as I have a sloped garage floor to a drain in the middle.  They will also have to create space for my hitting mat (4' x 10' Sig Pro Softy), which is 2 3/8" thick, while the putting carpet is minimally thick.  I want everything to be level.  He is going to also put in a white oak border around the edges of the hitting mat stained matte black with an LED strip in the border.  We won't see meaningful progress for a couple of weeks, so I will post pictures when we get to that point, unless anyone wants to see the subfloor build out.

LEFT HANDED

• Mob changed the title to Uneekor Eye XO 2 Simulator Build in Progress

Drywall done.  First coat of paint applied.  They start on the subfloor this week.  This will be alittle tricky, as I want the putting mat, hitting mat, and hardwood boarder to all be the same height, while each is a different thickness.  Once the subfloor is done, then he will start putting the "barn wood" up on the walls.

IMG_5438.jpg.6969f92a39c63478e64faaba99c55995.jpg

• Like 2

LEFT HANDED

• Mob changed the title to Uneekor Eye XO 2 Simulator Build Complete!!!