CaddyTek Caddycruiser V8 4-Wheel Push Cart - $125 on Amazon **Pics and initial thoughts added **

Pudgelewis

Been searching for a cart over the past couple weeks to increase my desire to walk and just came across the silver Caddycruiser on Amazon for $125. Thought I’d share. 

https://www.amazon.com/CaddyTek-Caddycruiser-One-Version-One-Click/dp/B07DT1QBC1/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=3SXJZCI38UGN7&keywords=golf+push+cart&qid=1683492838&sprefix=golf+push+cart%2Caps%2C135&sr=8-3

Edited by Pudgelewis
Edited to mention pics and thoughts added.
  • Like 2

• Pudgelewis changed the title to CaddyTek Caddycruiser V8 4-Wheel Push Cart - $125 on Amazon **Pics and initial thoughts added **

Well I received the cart a couple days after ordering and just put it together, so I figured I’d add some pics and my initial thoughts for posterity’s sake to maybe help someone down the road. 

Assembly was super easy with the wheels going in with the simple push of a button. it took me longer to figure out how to initially unfold the cart than it did to put the tires on. Directions are there but a bit lacking in the illustration dept. While they certainly aren’t air pneumatic or anything, they’re at least a softer rubber type and not just a hard plastic. Rolls very well across the hard floor, but I’ll have to report back once I get it on some grass. I can’t imagine they’d be an issue with how freely they roll. 

Other than that I went ahead and added the upper bag hold strap for a little extra securement when using it and that was really about it for assembly. The umbrella holder and cup holder aren’t anything to write home about quality wise but appear to be serviceable. 

You may want to take note on the phone holder pic. It’s kind of a primitive design and I could possibly see some with a smaller phone having issues with it bouncing around. It’s really just a molded holder with a bungee type strap across it. I’m sporting an iPhone 11 Pro Max in an Otterbox Defender style case and it took a bit of elbow grease to get it shoved in there since the opening is apparently the same size as my phone. That’ll end up being good, though, because it should stay in there pretty well. 

All the storage seems like it’s well done. It’s got a small cooler bag at the base of the main bag on the back that would probably hold 2-3 cans with some ice. The main part of the bag is definitely large enough for a pullover, rain gear or whatever. The snapping scorecard holder is large enough for a phone, keys, balls or whatever and has a nice push button to open. Then there’s a little net storage area on the top side I’ll probably throw my rangefinder in for easy in and out access rather than having to dig through the large pocket on bottom of the cart. Comes with a CaddyTek magnetic marker to place on the ball marker area on top by the handle that’s a nice little touch. Also a few spots for some tees.

I think the thing that impressed me most is the folding mechanism. It truly is a one-touch folder and you just press the button and push down on the handle after folding  in the bag holder wings and it’s good to go. You can use the lower bag straps to keep it secure so that it won’t somehow come unfolded unintentionally. It’s a bit stiff to unfold and takes a couple shakes,!but that’s to be expected for now and I’m sure it’ll get better with some use. 

This is my first push cart and have nothing to compare it to other than some carts from bag boy and Clicgear that I recently saw in a shop and paid a bit more attention to, but this seems like a really nice quality cart with some decent enough features. Especially if you can find it for the $125 I picked it up at. Overall very pleased. I’ll try to report back after I get it some actual use on the course. Shoot me a PM if you have any specific questions or need some pics of something particular. I added the pic of the cart folded by my MacBook Pro for a little reference on folded size. 

13BB993C-0B0B-43D7-83AA-2C459AF7457C.jpeg

5D353860-A3FC-42FB-B651-AC7C125DED50.jpeg

D5188E75-6036-49CC-B54F-4837DF8C791A.jpeg

B3F9CDDF-8758-4644-9BB3-90D761686720.jpeg

5BBBBDC6-CAC7-4A5E-BC4E-725D4C188FE4.jpeg

• Like 2

I have the 3 wheel Clicgear, which otherwise looks like the same cart. Got it during the pandemic when walking was the only option. I had never walked a course before that. I rarely get a cart now and can actually play faster walking, as I head directly for my ball instead of meandering down a cart path.

Overall, the design works well. Pushing the cart is pretty effortless on flat ground. The phone holder is snug, but I often bump my phone when pulling clubs because of the way it’s positioned. No damage, but I’ve almost knocked it out of the holder a couple of times. The “cooler” is really just a pocket - it doesn’t have any real insulation properties, but I didn’t expect much. During the summer, I drape a soft sided cooler over the handle. I tried the umbrella holder a couple of times early on, but haven’t used it since. Even the slightest breeze will cause problems and at 6’ 2”, I didn’t like having to duck under the umbrella constantly, but I was using it for shade, not rain protection.

My Clicgear has held up beautifully over the past 2-3 years and has been a great piece of equipment.

Enjoy the walk!

Quick update after three rounds, but this is going in storage and my Clicgear 3.5 is back to the course.

During my last round, when I needed to go onto a curve and pushed down on the handle, the lock that keeps the handlebar up failed multiple times so I ended up pushing it down 2+ feet as if I was trying to fold it for storage. Additionally, the alignment is now off pretty significantly. After a frustrating round with this cart, I unfolded my clicgear 3.5 and was reminded why it’s $275. The build quality of clicgear is just second to none, as I’m assuming the sun mountain is as well. I’m going to try and repair this cart, but will probably keep it for friends or similar who want to walk a round with me, but not for my full-time cart. Again, you may have better luck than mine and for 125 bucks It’s hard to go wrong with Amazon’s 30 day return, but this is no substitution for a quality Sun mountain or clicgear cart. 

[color=#000000]Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x[/color]
[color=#000000]Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
Cameron Select NP2[/color]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/533027-jlevitt9s-witb-set-for-2013-possibly/"]WITB Link[/url]

6 hours ago, Triple Lindy said:

I have the 3 wheel Clicgear, which otherwise looks like the same cart. Got it during the pandemic when walking was the only option. I had never walked a course before that. I rarely get a cart now and can actually play faster walking, as I head directly for my ball instead of meandering down a cart path.

Overall, the design works well. Pushing the cart is pretty effortless on flat ground. The phone holder is snug, but I often bump my phone when pulling clubs because of the way it’s positioned. No damage, but I’ve almost knocked it out of the holder a couple of times. The “cooler” is really just a pocket - it doesn’t have any real insulation properties, but I didn’t expect much. During the summer, I drape a soft sided cooler over the handle. I tried the umbrella holder a couple of times early on, but haven’t used it since. Even the slightest breeze will cause problems and at 6’ 2”, I didn’t like having to duck under the umbrella constantly, but I was using it for shade, not rain protection.

My Clicgear has held up beautifully over the past 2-3 years and has been a great piece of equipment.

Enjoy the walk!

Hadn’t considered how pulling a club could knock your phone around. I’ll have to watch that. And I imagine you’re correct that the cooler is no Yeti quality of ice retention. I doubt I’ll use the umbrella holder but I can definitely see that being an issue. Lol

Edited by Pudgelewis

2 minutes ago, Pudgelewis said:

Hadn’t considered how pulling a club could knock your phone around. I’ll have to watch that. And I imagine you’re correct that the cooler is no Yeti quality of ice retention. I doubt I’ll use the umbrella holder but I can definitely see that being an issue. Lol

Oops - I said Clicgear, but mine is Caddytek. Same as yours except a 3 wheeler.

21 minutes ago, jlevitt9 said:

Quick update after three rounds, but this is going in storage and my Clicgear 3.5 is back to the course.

During my last round, when I needed to go onto a curve and pushed down on the handle, the lock that keeps the handlebar up failed multiple times so I ended up pushing it down 2+ feet as if I was trying to fold it for storage. Additionally, the alignment is now off pretty significantly. After a frustrating round with this cart, I unfolded my clicgear 3.5 and was reminded why it’s $275. The build quality of clicgear is just second to none, as I’m assuming the sun mountain is as well. I’m going to try and repair this cart, but will probably keep it for friends or similar who want to walk a round with me, but not for my full-time cart. Again, you may have better luck than mine and for 125 bucks It’s hard to go wrong with Amazon’s 30 day return, but this is no substitution for a quality Sun mountain or clicgear cart. 

That stinks to hear. I can see from adjusting it how that tightening screw could be a failure point and make it difficult to use if it’s not repairable. Keep me updated on if you’re able to repair it or not, if you don’t mind. 

I do remember seeing in the manual how the front tire alignment can be adjusted. Did you try that to get the tires back in alignment?

What was it about the clicgear 3.5 that made you give this one a try instead? 

Edited by Pudgelewis

FYI, in your pictures, it looks as if the “arms” that hold the top part of the bag are not snapped all the way in. It appears as if they are pointing down a little. It really shows up in your top down view picture. Take a look at the picture on Amazon and I think you’ll see what I mean. Mine snaps in when I shake the cart out and something it takes a couple of shakes to get it all the way in. If you don’t get it snapped in all the way, the handle can feel a little squishy when pushing the cart.

45 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

FYI, in your pictures, it looks as if the “arms” that hold the top part of the bag are not snapped all the way in. It appears as if they are pointing down a little. It really shows up in your top down view picture. Take a look at the picture on Amazon and I think you’ll see what I mean. Mine snaps in when I shake the cart out and something it takes a couple of shakes to get it all the way in. If you don’t get it snapped in all the way, the handle can feel a little squishy when pushing the cart.

I’ll have to check that. I had literally just put it together and when finally getting it fully extended it didn’t appear that that was anything that had to do with it being fully extended or not. I do know it folds down under the body once closed to get them out of the way, but I’ll have to see if they snap at all. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Pudgelewis said:

That stinks to hear. I can see from adjusting it how that tightening screw could be a failure point and make it difficult to use if it’s not repairable. Keep me updated on if you’re able to repair it or not, if you don’t mind. 

I do remember seeing in the manual how the front tire alignment can be adjusted. Did you try that to get the tires back in alignment?

What was it about the clicgear 3.5 that made you give this one a try instead? 

The price, and I'm an equipment hoe, lol. I have had my Clicgear 5+ years, and a buddy recently got a four wheel push cart with a storage pocket, which this one has too, so I figure I'd give it a go. 

I think it goes back to "you get what you pay for." If the issue is rectified with mine it's still a great deal for $125+, but it's not going to be as bulletproof as my clicgear (but again, it's not really meant to be IMO).

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/533027-jlevitt9s-witb-set-for-2013-possibly/"]WITB Link[/url]

1 hour ago, jlevitt9 said:

The price, and I'm an equipment hoe, lol. I have had my Clicgear 5+ years, and a buddy recently got a four wheel push cart with a storage pocket, which this one has too, so I figure I'd give it a go. 

I think it goes back to "you get what you pay for." If the issue is rectified with mine it's still a great deal for $125+, but it's not going to be as bulletproof as my clicgear (but again, it's not really meant to be IMO).

Ah, I totally get that on both reasons. Lol. I would agree in most instances you get what you pay for. For me, half the fun is researching and trying to get similar performance for less. Sometimes it works, sometimes it backfires. Hopefully this one will serve me well and last a while since I already don’t play much, and half the time that I do, I’m riding. 

15 minutes ago, Pudgelewis said:

Ah, I totally get that on both reasons. Lol. I would agree in most instances you get what you pay for. For me, half the fun is researching and trying to get similar performance for less. Sometimes it works, sometimes it backfires. Hopefully this one will serve me well and last a while since I already don’t play much, and half the time that I do, I’m riding. 

Agreed all around! 

• Like 1