Taylormade MySpider

TerryDactyl

23 hours ago, TerryDactyl said:

Hey everyone! Thinking about ordering a custome spider, was wondering what people loved or regretted about their own! Pics are a bonus! 

Love the 'My' program and have taken advantage of it a few times for various products - I have 2 'My Spider Tour X3's on order (They will be weighted differently).

Regrets? The only regret I have is I ordered on Nov. 19 and although they say 3-4 weeks delivery, looks like this Christmas present to myself will be late for some unknown reason, Hopefully they will hurry up and get here soon - Please Santa please!! 🎅...

Here are the pics of the one's I 'built' including the cool headcover that comes with it.

Cheers,

- Ian

TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (BOTTOM).jpg

TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (FRONT).jpg

TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (HEADCOVER).jpg

TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (SIDE).jpg

TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3) (TOP).jpg

TM MY SPIDER TOUR X (X3).jpg

• Like 2
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

1 minute ago, tarrantian said:

Love the 'My' program and have taken advantage of it a few times for various products - I have 2 'My Spider Tour X3's on order (They will be weighted differently).

Regrets? The only regret I have is I ordered on Nov. 19 and although they say 3-4 weeks delivery, looks like this Christmas present to myself will be late for some unknown reason, Hopefully they will hurry up and get here soon - Please Santa please!! 🎅...

Here are the pics of the one's I 'built' including the cool headcover that comes with it.

Cheers,

- Ian

I like it! I built an all blackout one today and it said est ship 1/30... my heart sank 

10 hours ago, TerryDactyl said:

I like it! I built an all blackout one today and it said est ship 1/30... my heart sank 

Honestly, as an 'Eagle' member getting product fast is usually never an issue...

I'm a customer experience guy, so to me it's all about managing expectations/communication. It stated clearly 3-4 weeks so my expectation is just that, if there is a change, let me know in advance so I'm not twiddling my thumbs in wonder. 

Generally they are awesome however. 

Good luck, send pics and I think the delays may simply be due to volumes, the program is growing in popularity for sure. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't received my @TaylorMade Golf My Spider Tour X3(s) - Once again, my original order was November 19 and updates have been slim. I decided to follow-up, and chatted w/a rep, in Toronto (Matt) a couple of days ago, who was very understanding but essentially gave me the same message before, 'hopefully' shipping the first week of January, and then 5-10 days for delivery...

This puts it likely around the 8 week mark (vs. the posted 3-4 week timeline offerred upon ordering). This is highly unusual based upon my past history ordering similar custom products, and they were very nice in offerring me a 25% discount for my trouble.

The explanation was they are assembled, shipped from Asia, and there was an unknown problem with the orders being processed properly, specifically tied to the 'My Spider' line. 

Honestly, I would happily have forgone the discount to get my order within the service levels outlined when ordered. I'm very obviously an extremely loyal 'Eagle' member of Team Taylormade LOL, however the lack of proactive communication from my friends at @TaylorMade Golf has been disappointing - Great customer experience begins with properly managing expectations, as well as communicate, communicate, communicate...

I'm sure all will be rectified, but annoying to say the least. 

- Ian

18 hours ago, Dill Pickleson said:

Bought two.

IMG_0705.jpg.2df5b2f6d6b77d9f9b845c9c9d177a05.jpgIMG_0706.jpg.c0ea10ff9dd8f64b0b33fa96b2fb014c.jpgIMG_0707.jpg.2575ba36849b5115d8d3cd20bc22164a.jpgIMG_0708.jpg.21e39a3fc8db3e5f8f9d9d6738e30ad6.jpgIMG_0709.jpg.071a265cca9a45820b379b6ab93e4c09.jpgIMG_0710.jpg.4c1382d3d54076ba9dbaf1370fa18b9a.jpgIMG_0711.jpg.9a3a6ea073f4cc9cf49e42a857cc4e66.jpg

Absolute beauties - Really love the copper...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tarrantian said:

Absolute beauties - Really love the copper...

I think the copper's got the starting position next year.

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 Max 14.5*

Ping G425 17* & 19*

Titleist T100 4-6

Titleist 620MB 7-PW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* & 58*

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s

Sun Mountain Mid Stripe

9 minutes ago, Dill Pickleson said:

I think the copper's got the starting position next year.

Agree it should @Dill Pickleson - I guess it's actually 'Rose Gold' LOL...

A few questions - How much time elapsed between your order(s) to delivery? 

Do you have experiences with the insert?? I've always preferred the Surlyn but would be interested in your thoughts.

Finally, are you happy with the stock weights?? I've always felt the Spiders are a bit too light for my liking and typically have upped the weights, from my first Spider Tours, to the Spider Tour X's, I've tended to add heavier weights, but perhaps just me as I've always loved heavier putters...

Cheers,

- Ian

I think it took a few weeks to get each one, i like the softer surlyn insert, the weights feel fine to me, I've only rolled them on the carpet though.

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 Max 14.5*

Ping G425 17* & 19*

Titleist T100 4-6

Titleist 620MB 7-PW

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s

Sun Mountain Mid Stripe

10 minutes ago, Dill Pickleson said:

I think it took a few weeks to get each one, i like the softer surlyn insert, the weights feel fine to me, I've only rolled them on the carpet though.

When did you order Dill? (Sorry, just trying to understand if it was just my timing, I thought Nov. 19 was well ahead of the 'Christmas rush'). Appreciate it, and oh your inserts are the Aluminum not the Surlyn - If you likey all goody! They are beauties once again my friend. 

If you decide later to up the weights, I've been through this process with these new ones and I can assist. 

Cheers,

- Ian 

Ordered the black one on the nov 15th, it shipped dec 1st.  Ordered copper one on nov 24th, shipped dec 11th.

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 Max 14.5*

Ping G425 17* & 19*

Titleist T100 4-6

Titleist 620MB 7-PW

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s

Sun Mountain Mid Stripe

18 hours ago, Dill Pickleson said:

Ordered the black one on the nov 15th, it shipped dec 1st.  Ordered copper one on nov 24th, shipped dec 11th.

Wow - That was quick. I'm assuming you're US based? Wonder if the Spider Tours are more readily available and the delays didn't impact them...

Regardless, it is what it is I suppose and I just have to suck it up and wait. 😪

Thanks Dill. 

4 hours ago, tarrantian said:

Wow - That was quick. I'm assuming you're US based? Wonder if the Spider Tours are more readily available and the delays didn't impact them...

Regardless, it is what it is I suppose and I just have to suck it up and wait. 😪

Thanks Dill. 

That's what I was thinking, I've always liked the spider tour, especially when Day was killing it with the red one and DJ with the black one, seems the majority prefer the newer head shapes.

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 Max 14.5*

Ping G425 17* & 19*

Titleist T100 4-6

Titleist 620MB 7-PW

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s

Sun Mountain Mid Stripe

On 12/17/2023 at 11:19 PM, tarrantian said:

Cheers,

- Ian

FINALLY got the shipping notification on Friday. Current tracking as it in Memphis now, and scheduled to arrive on Tuesday (A full 7 weeks after my order)!

I couldn't wait to start putting with the new Spider Tour X3, so bought a 35" stock model last weekend that I'll likely sell it when the 'My's' arrive, and have been tinkering with the various replacement weights over the past week (I have always found the stock Spider Tours/Tour X's too light for my liking)...

Heading to Mexico to the resort we've been traveling to for the past few years, and I'll hopefully get to use the putter in 'real' conditions vs. indoors. 

I've tried a few different weight combos, and used the 6g weights on my OG Tour X's and just loved the feel. Not sure if it's the slightly different weight positions on 'X3', but as I've tinkered, I've kept going heavier and heavier, finally settling on 11g aside...

Can't wait to get 'My' custom Spider X3's early next week!!

Cheers,

- Ian

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 6.28.23 PM.jpeg

1 hour ago, kohtakangasj said:

Hello all, religious headcover user here!

Anybody able to comment on the durability of the paint? Has it improved from past models? Looking at ordering a black myspider tour but may go with the hydroblast if the black will chip away over time. 

So far no issues with mine, I have had mine since November 30th and have played 2 rounds a week.

IMG_3711.jpeg.617bdb9da78cae7734f4424f6c59c169.jpegIMG_3710.jpeg.33f15557142144500636bb14214c7221.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kohtakangasj said:

Hello all, religious headcover user here!

Anybody able to comment on the durability of the paint? Has it improved from past models? Looking at ordering a black myspider tour but may go with the hydroblast if the black will chip away over time. 

The chipping issue really went away after the 2017 Spider Tour models (The JD Red primarily, and the DJ black model to a lesser degree)…

When I say ‘went away’, the old red Spider Tour would chip around the insert without hitting a putt, never mind having a head cover.

I would suggest Spider X models used with a head cover had less issues, but those that let the copper/navy bounce about in their bags without head covers had the finish chip over time to varying degrees - The ‘chalk’ model was probably the best of the lot, then the ‘hydro blast’ put the issue to rest…

The latest models have the PVD ‘gun metal’ finish and should be as durable as the ‘hydro blast’ - The latter is available as part of the ‘My’ Spider options as you pointed out.

Apologies for the long winded response, there is legitimacy to the paint issues from the past, but I believe the problem is behind them.

14 hours ago, TheRookieGolfer said:

So far no issues with mine, I have had mine since November 30th and have played 2 rounds a week.

IMG_3711.jpeg.617bdb9da78cae7734f4424f6c59c169.jpegIMG_3710.jpeg.33f15557142144500636bb14214c7221.jpeg

Beautiful @TheRookieGolfer - This looks to be almost my exact configuration if you look at the pics above (Did you leave the insert white?)...

Very subtle changes as I've ordered, but enough to take out some of the blue colouring, etc. that I don't care for. Very nice once again, and wondering what headcover and grip did you choose? Oh, and finally, how do you feel about the 'stock' weighting and are you planning on making changes??

I really wish they offerred the weight preference piece with the custom ordering. Dare to dream...

Cheers,

- Ian

2 hours ago, tarrantian said:

Beautiful @TheRookieGolfer - This looks to be almost my exact configuration if you look at the pics above (Did you leave the insert white?)...

Very subtle changes as I've ordered, but enough to take out some of the blue colouring, etc. that I don't care for. Very nice once again, and wondering what headcover and grip did you choose? Oh, and finally, how do you feel about the 'stock' weighting and are you planning on making changes??

I really wish they offerred the weight preference piece with the custom ordering. Dare to dream...

Cheers,

- Ian

Yeah I went with the Black finish, with the white surlyn insert. 

I went with the black prism headcover and a Superstroke 1.0 GTR grip.

So far I don't plan on changing the weights really liking the stock weight. If I do it most likely would be just a couple more grams, I don't do very well with heavy putters.

• Like 1

• Taylormade My Spider Tour X3
  • 'My' version with custom colour choices
  • 34.5"
  • KBS Stepless Black PVD Shaft
  • 11g weights (vs. stock 6g)
  • SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0

TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 1.jpg

TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 2.jpg

TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 3.jpg

TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 4.jpg

TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 5.jpg

TM MY SPIDER TOUR X3 PUTTER 6.jpg

Edited by tarrantian
  • Like 2

Looks darn good!  I wish I would have gotten a MyCustom GTx when it was still available.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

1 hour ago, CactusGolf said:

Looks darn good!  I wish I would have gotten a MyCustom GTx when it was still available.

Honestly, all subjective but I didn’t love the GTx line - Believe all the ‘Spiders’ in this latest release are where it’s at…😁

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2023 at 11:19 PM, tarrantian said:

Cheers,

- Ian

Curious how you were able to customize the weighting of each? Didn't see this option on the program...? Thanks in advance for any info

TSR4 9* with Graphite Design AD-IZ 6X
SIM2 13.75* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70TX

SIM2 17.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 80TX
Srixon ZX7 4-9 with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 46F with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 50F with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM9 54S with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM8 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Brandon Matthews NO.1 CAP Custom

Titleist ProV1

57 minutes ago, GoldenBellGW said:

Curious how you were able to customize the weighting of each? Didn't see this option on the program...? Thanks in advance for any info

Of course @GoldenBellGW - I believe I may have been a touch misleading in that customizing weights on the @TaylorMade Golf website is not an option today (I'm an unapologetic TM fanboy, but it's ridiculous spending this much on a putter should come with custom weight options)...

I wouldn't mind if they even had the TSS weights available on their websites for purchase. The TSS weights are interchangeable with their drivers/metals, kind of harking back to the R5/R7 and older gen Spiders where the weights were also interchangeable (Once again, a business case to see them on their websites as they have multiple use cases). 

Anyway, I like a heavy putter. Period. So I have long ordered aftermarket weights and did so for my TM Spider X3. I ordered various options so I could have as much flexibility as possible (As has been previously posted, the stock weights your receive are dependent on the length of the putter, ie: 35" has 2g weights on each side, 34" has 6g aside)...

I actually thought 6g would be enough, but I found my own sweet spot was 11g aside. I'm just loving this set-up, and my putting is spot on at the moment. 

There are various options for purchase, for example:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0B4JLYLRF/ref=pe_43549160_574194770_fxm_3_0_i_id?th=1 (Pictured below)

Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/394116485198

You'll need an appropriate tool, and I decided to buy a multi-pronged wrench from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BNJQZRSQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details (Pictured far below)

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

617qEeCzBQL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

813eyaGER1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tarrantian said:

Of course @GoldenBellGW - I believe I may have been a touch misleading in that customizing weights on the @TaylorMade Golf website is not an option today (I'm an unapologetic TM fanboy, but it's ridiculous spending this much on a putter should come with custom weight options)...

I wouldn't mind if they even had the TSS weights available on their websites for purchase. The TSS weights are interchangeable with their drivers/metals, kind of harking back to the R5/R7 and older gen Spiders where the weights were also interchangeable (Once again, a business case to see them on their websites as they have multiple use cases). 

Anyway, I like a heavy putter. Period. So I have long ordered aftermarket weights and did so for my TM Spider X3. I ordered various options so I could have as much flexibility as possible (As has been previously posted, the stock weights your receive are dependent on the length of the putter, ie: 35" has 2g weights on each side, 34" has 6g aside)...

I actually thought 6g would be enough, but I found my own sweet spot was 11g aside. I'm just loving this set-up, and my putting is spot on at the moment. 

There are various options for purchase, for example:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0B4JLYLRF/ref=pe_43549160_574194770_fxm_3_0_i_id?th=1 (Pictured below)

Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/394116485198

You'll need an appropriate tool, and I decided to buy a multi-pronged wrench from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BNJQZRSQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details (Pictured far below)

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

617qEeCzBQL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

813eyaGER1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is great info. Thanks!

• Like 1

@tarrantian Appreciate the info and links! I didn't think they ever gave the option to select, nor the option to even add notes if you wanted it swingweighted to a specific number. I don't think a lot of the OEMs offer the option to add notes, which is ridiculous in this day and age of advanced (and in their eyes) necessary customization. I can definitely use your method to get to where I need to be on weighting!

• Like 1

Titleist ProV1

@tarrantian just wanted to check - those links take me to stealth weights. Are they interchangeable with the 2024 spider X?

Titleist ProV1

14 minutes ago, GoldenBellGW said:

@tarrantian just wanted to check - those links take me to stealth weights. Are they interchangeable with the 2024 spider X?

Yes - Believe I referenced the interchangeability.

• Thanks 1