4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Snell Prime 4.0

1 minute ago, AllDunn said:

Lots of these popping up in the BST.... Not totally unsurprising, but wondering what people's initial review/feedback of them are. Would have thought these would have been keepers.

Some to just cash in on the trade in. I am somewhat bummed as a person not looking to just offload this right away and get fit first doing it the right way. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with KBS TD Cat 4 44.5" 

1 minute ago, bcflyguy1 said:

My thoughts from another thread...

TD Max is HUGELY impressive in the golf course environment (where it REALLY counts, but I digress), particularly for players who don't spin the driver a ton, but in an indoor fitting bay it is not going to make TrackMan/GCQuad squeal like the OG Smoke TD or (insert knuckleball dispenser driver of your choice here). If Max TD was a full blown retail release, it would likely turn into that driver that the customer SHOULD choose but just can't make themselves do it because the other driver in the contest produced that occasional intoxicating nuclear missile... while wrapping them around a tree trunk on every other ball.

Think I've said it in other threads, but compared to Ai Smoke TD the Max TD doesn't have as high a distance ceiling but by comparison it is a bit like bowling with bumpers. Think today was my third round with Max TD in play, and every time out there have been drives where at impact I'm thinking "uh oh" only to look up and see a perfectly functional ball. Not taking me to places no driver has taken me before (while by no means being short), but it is saving me shots by giving me a clean look at a green that was thoroughly undeserved. Much to be said for that, obviously, as it's those differences that show up very clearly on the card (again, where it really counts).

This is great feedback. I'm looking forward to getting mine out this weekend since I've got a hall pass for Father's Day. 10.5* with a Diamana WB 63x playing 45.25"

Want to play around with the weights a bit. Anyone know where to pick some up? I've got the stock ones in it now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

TD Max is HUGELY impressive in the golf course environment (where it REALLY counts, but I digress), particularly for players who don't spin the driver a ton, but in an indoor fitting bay it is not going to make TrackMan/GCQuad squeal like the OG Smoke TD or (insert knuckleball dispenser driver of your choice here). If Max TD was a full blown retail release, it would likely turn into that driver that the customer SHOULD choose but just can't make themselves do it because the other driver in the contest produced that occasional intoxicating nuclear missile... while wrapping them around a tree trunk on every other ball.

Think I've said it in other threads, but compared to Ai Smoke TD the Max TD doesn't have as high a distance ceiling but by comparison it is a bit like bowling with bumpers. Think today was my third round with Max TD in play, and every time out there have been drives where at impact I'm thinking "uh oh" only to look up and see a perfectly functional ball. Not taking me to places no driver has taken me before (while by no means being short), but it is saving me shots by giving me a clean look at a green that was thoroughly undeserved. Much to be said for that, obviously, as it's those differences that show up very clearly on the card (again, where it really counts).

Again this gives me hope. A good fitting and possibly just wait things out to pick one up new or matching specs from CPO next year. Would it be awesome to hit a 320 bomb? Yes! But is it worth risking a couple OB balls potentially? Not in my world. Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, AllDunn said:

This is great feedback. I'm looking forward to getting mine out this weekend since I've got a hall pass for Father's Day. 10.5* with a Diamana WB 63x playing 45.25"

Want to play around with the weights a bit. Anyone know where to pick some up? I've got the stock ones in it now.

Billy bobs

https://billybobsgolf.com/product/callaway-2024-paradym-ai-smoke-driver-headweights/

Edited by Rbsiedsc
  • Thanks 1

Initial impressions of the AI Smoke TD after 4 rounds.

I haven't lost a ball off the tee. Misses are actually really forgiving. My misses are typically a hook left and the TD has kinda helped minimize that.

I decided to go with a longer shaft (same AD-DI 6s) this time around (45.5" vs. 44.5" old driver). Some of the holes I can see I'm further down the fairway, as expected.

I'm impressed with the driver so far.

2 minutes ago, kdphan said:

Initial impressions of the AI Smoke TD after 4 rounds.

I haven't lost a ball off the tee. Misses are actually really forgiving. My misses are typically a hook left and the TD has kinda helped minimize that.

I decided to go with a longer shaft (same AD-DI 6s) this time around (45.5" vs. 44.5" old driver). Some of the holes I can see I'm further down the fairway, as expected.

I'm impressed with the driver so far.

Td or td max?

Got mine delivered Friday, hit about 25 balls Saturday in the field by my house and the played 18 yesterday.   I initially ordered with a GD VF 6 shaft, that combo didn't work great in the field so I put my Fuji Ventus Blue TR into it and that helped performance.  On the course, I'd say it was pretty decent.  I wasn't blown away nor was I disappointed.  Overall I'd say I'm happy with the purchase and it may stay in the bag.  I didn't hit any snap hooks which is what I'm trying to get rid of, I did blow a 2 pretty wide right....all swing related and not the clubs fault.  I will say, I did notice that if I went after one I struggled to close the face which may be me adjusting to the new head.  I'm coming from a Paradym TD in 8* (the Max is 9).  

All in all, we'll see over the next couple of weeks.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

I never expected this driver to be the longest.  I doubt it is longer than my LTDX.  The "Should play" comment is what attracted me to this driver.  I would honestly be happy with the Max, but I figured the TD Max might be a little longer.  

• Like 2

Driver: Paradym AI Smoke 💎💎💎 Max, 9 deg; HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black

Fairway Wood: Taylormade M6 15 degree

Titleist u510 2 iron

Srixon ZX5 4-PW; ACCRA iSteel 115

Wedges Vokey SM9 58/54/48

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 2 

Shipping date for my driver moved back another week!  🥳

Edited by ANimz
Omission

Titleist u510 2 iron

2 minutes ago, ANimz said:

I never expected this driver to be the longest. 

You're light years ahead of the typical fitting customer, then, so good on ya. I've lost count of the number of times where I've managed to significantly shrink a player's side-to-side dispersion as well as raise their distance floor and they walk away from it because the new driver didn't offer a 15 yards longer peak output. They expect something that's impossible to achieve, and simultaneously walk away from something that will have tangible, positive effects on their scores and enjoyment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

1 minute ago, bcflyguy1 said:

You're light years ahead of the typical fitting customer, then, so good on ya. I've lost count of the number of times where I've managed to significantly shrink a player's side-to-side dispersion as well as raise their distance floor and they walk away from it because the new driver didn't offer a 15 yards longer peak output. They expect something that's impossible to achieve, and simultaneously walk away from something that will have tangible, positive effects on their scores and enjoyment.

That is my expectation now going into fittings. Tight dispersion circle and better avg carry numbers in general. 

In my first range session with the TDM I also noticed a few "oh that was a bad swing" balls that went dead straight and much longer than any previous experience my brain has had with that type of feel/feedback on the face.

I think the Paradym Tour has more onset than this head does which is what contributes to the fade bias of the PDT. The TDM has more offset and is easier to turn over but still less than a retail draw model, obviously. It's very subtle.

• Like 1

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

Just now, Rbsiedsc said:

That is my expectation now going into fittings. Tight dispersion circle and better avg carry numbers in general. 

Good on you too, you're the sort that are a joy to work with and that we see far too seldom. J Wunder gets a lot of stick on this sight but what he says about "raising the floor" in a fitting is absolutely spot on, and this is where the most plentiful and low hanging fruit is for most players.

There is a massive difference between fitting to make TrackMan/QCQuad say silly things (any knuckle dragger can do that) and fitting a bag full of tools that give the player the best chance to play the best golf their skill set can produce.

• Like 1

WITB Link

4 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

In my first range session with the TDM I also noticed a few "oh that was a bad swing" balls that went dead straight and much longer than any previous experience my brain has had with that type of feel/feedback on the face.

I think the Paradym Tour has more onset than this head does which is what contributes to the fade bias of the PDT. The TDM has more offset and is easier to turn over but still less than a retail draw model, obviously. It's very subtle.

I see TDM as having less PUSH bias than TD (difference in start line rather than curvature) rather than fade bias; would you agree?

Think this is a main reason why I get along with it so well, as my killer miss with driver is the bombed straight block.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WITB Link

46 minutes ago, Bigjim1022 said:

Got mine delivered Friday, hit about 25 balls Saturday in the field by my house and the played 18 yesterday.   I initially ordered with a GD VF 6 shaft, that combo didn't work great in the field so I put my Fuji Ventus Blue TR into it and that helped performance.  On the course, I'd say it was pretty decent.  I wasn't blown away nor was I disappointed.  Overall I'd say I'm happy with the purchase and it may stay in the bag.  I didn't hit any snap hooks which is what I'm trying to get rid of, I did blow a 2 pretty wide right....all swing related and not the clubs fault.  I will say, I did notice that if I went after one I struggled to close the face which may be me adjusting to the new head.  I'm coming from a Paradym TD in 8* (the Max is 9).  

All in all, we'll see over the next couple of weeks.  

If the 8* PTD was giving you the launch you need, then the 9* Max is likely going to be noticeably higher. I'm usually a 10.5* guy in TD-type drivers, and the TDM 9* is spot on for me.

WITB Link

16 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

For the 4-5 bombs(my standard) I hit in a round, I have almost the same amount of toe spinners that got 260.  So looking to A) add some spin vs the sub 2k balls, and get some of the toe love I hear so much about with this driver line.  And after seeing the head shape, I have no doubt that it is great for toe contact.  

Titleist u510 2 iron

4 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

I see TDM as having less PUSH bias than TD (difference in start line rather than curvature) rather than fade bias; would you agree?

Think this is a main reason why I get along with it so well, as my killer miss with driver is the bombed straight block.

I try to stay away from the standard TD models so I dont hit them often but yes the TDM is very stable yet turns over more than the standard TD. Pending the hosel configuration it can suite a wide range of players who wanted to like the TD but just couldnt stomach the spin retention loss vs the Max model and loss of launch angle and/or peak high of the TD vs Max. The TDM gives the best of both minus the distance low spinners the TD produces as youve mentioned.

This is why I liked the PDT when I saw it. I am actually trying to hit more fades these days as that keeps me out of trouble at the home course and the TDM still plays a nice fade. It does not neutralize it completely.

• Like 1

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

2 minutes ago, ANimz said:

For the 4-5 bombs(my standard) I hit in a round, I have almost the same amount of toe spinners that got 260.  So looking to A) add some spin vs the sub 2k balls, and get some of the toe love I hear so much about with this driver line.  And after seeing the head shape, I have no doubt that it is great for toe contact.  

Given this, I suspect you'll get along with TDM very well.

• Like 1

WITB Link

I sat on the fence too long and missed these with the 2x trade in from Callaway. Seems like a great club, but there will always be more.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° Project X Denali Blue 60

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Wilson Staff Model RB Utility (3 or 4?) HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 90

Wilson Dynapower Forged 5-G UST Recoil Dart 105

Wilson Staff Model ZM 56°-12° (Bent to 55°) and 60°-08° 

Royal Payne RP009 359g KBS GPS

Like many - sat on the fence too long with the 2X trade in.  Current AI TD owner who is sidelined with a stress fracture in the left foot.  So what do I do - order a TD Max from GG as more forgiving sounds good to this 4/5 handicap.   Who knows if it will actually get fulfilled - figure we will know today but willing to get one here to test - for Science!

7 minutes ago, cubuffs said:

Like many - sat on the fence too long with the 2X trade in.  Current AI TD owner who is sidelined with a stress fracture in the left foot.  So what do I do - order a TD Max from GG as more forgiving sounds good to this 4/5 handicap.   Who knows if it will actually get fulfilled - figure we will know today but willing to get one here to test - for Science!

I have seen quite a few comments saying it would be released again in August.  Heal up and grab it then.  Also, I am sure you might be able to catch a seller that moves on at some point.  

Titleist u510 2 iron

25 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

If the 8* PTD was giving you the launch you need, then the 9* Max is likely going to be noticeably higher. I'm usually a 10.5* guy in TD-type drivers, and the TDM 9* is spot on for me.

You would think right?  That was not the case for me, the Max was same if not only slightly higher launch for me.   Go figure

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bigjim1022 said:

You would think right?  That was not the case for me, the Max was same if not only slightly higher launch for me.   Go figure

Goes to show you never REALLY know until balls start flying down range.

• Like 1

WITB Link

1 hour ago, ANimz said:

Shipping date for my driver moved back another week!  🥳

Well, you're better off than me,  Mine went from shipping 6/11 to 8/30 overnight from Saturday to Sunday 😞

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35"