• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope they will look good with the right drive set up

Golfingly

from Germany as well

SJW

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ghost Tour Daytona 12 35´´[/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]SM 5 58°/8 PX 6.5 +1´´ 1° up
SM 5 52°/8 PX 6.5 +0.75´´ 1° strong 1°up
712 MB (3-PW) PX 7.0 +0.5´´ 2° strong 1° up[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]910 H 17° (A1) Speeder 904 X 40.25´´
913 FD 13.5° (D1) Diamana White D+ 82 X 43´´
910 D3 8.5° (D1) Pro Launch Red X 45´´[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist stand bag ultra lightweight, Titleist glooves, FootJoy shoes[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lamkin Crossline Midsize for irons / wedges and Standard 58 for hybrid / woods[/font][/size]

You should try to get your ballspeed as high as you can get it, with a smash slightly under 1.5 should you to 160mph.

Then the next thing is to get your launch up as high as possible without getting the spin too high.

For a 15° launch and a spin from 2000rpm to 3000rpm you will get about 273-270 yards carry.

For a 11° and a spin of around 2500-2600 results in 263yards carry. But you will get more roll than 15° and 3000rpm.

a few numbers (160 ballspeed):

11° 2000 -> 257

11° 2500 -> 263

11° 3000 -> 265

11° 3500 -> 262 (with less roll and probably ballooning into the wind)

13° 2000 -> 265

13° 2500 -> 269

13° 3000 -> 269

13° 3500 -> 264 (too high)

Where is the fitting? And the launch monitor?

Germany rulez... :partytime2:

Viele Grüße und viel Spaß, um sich mal mit der deutschen Sprache abzugrenzen :russian_roulette:

Well if you play in super windy conditions you want low. But for Normal, and 99% of the time :

Higher, flatter.

14-16* launch angle, and as close to 1900-2400 RPM with your swing speed your ball speed should be 150-160 and that would equate to about 280-285 in the air and maybe 10 yds of roll out. the beauty of high and long is carry ability and if fairways are sloping all over the place its better to hit a drive and know its not going to roll off a cliff, or into the rough etc.

Hallo nochmals,

macht alles Sinn was hier vorher gesagt worden ist. Bezüglich der Entscheidungsfrage. Habe 2 Driver Set ups genau aus diesem Grunde (high spin high ball player).

- FT 5 8,5 ° Set up mit dem Hammer V2 85 S für eher mittlere bis niedrigere Spin rate und niedrige bis max mittlere Trajectory mit relativ geshenen etwas mehr roll mehr roll

(windig, härtere Fairways z.B. im Sommer); ist eigentlich mein Standard Gamer

- 905R 8,5° mit dem BB 73 in X flex (spielt sich deutlich weicher als der V2 85 in S) für normal mittlere bis tragend höhere Trajectory mit relativ gesehen wesentlich mehr carry

(weiche fairway nach heftigem Regen bzw. Herbst, Frühjar, wenig roll out zonen z.B. doglegs, sloping fairways)

Wenn ich nicht die Wahl von 2 Drivern hätte würde ich einen Mittelweg also den FT 5 mit 9,5° mit dem V3 85 S für mich nehmen.

Hängt alles von Deinen Präferenzen bezüglich Head Loft Schaft (Gewicht Torque Flex bend profile etc.)ab.

Wichtig ist verläßlicher Launch Monitor, ordentlich eingestellt ohne Rückenwind etc. und erfahrener Operator und Fitter.

In welcher Stadt gehst Du zum Club Fitten?

Sorry for our English mother tone friends in replying in German as there are not so many opportunities to reply in German or French or Italian.

Golfingly

SJW

PS Grüße aus Frankfurt a.M.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ghost Tour Daytona 12 35´´[/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist stand bag ultra lightweight, Titleist glooves, FootJoy shoes[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lamkin Crossline Midsize for irons / wedges and Standard 58 for hybrid / woods[/font][/size]

@SJWDR

I am based in the area of Frankfurt too. (Taunus)

Thank you for explanations in German. Can you recomment a fitter who is doing the best job?

So what you are saying means that an I-mix would be probably a good choice. Then you an change shafts, depending of weather and Fairway conditions?

I would go to St. Leon-Rot, they have a trackman but I am not sure if you can use it. I will go there in spring as a friend of mine knows a pro there.

It is important to get correct numbers and the best way is a trackman.

Gruß aus Augsburg

Ihr aus Frankfurt spielt hoffentlich nicht gegen uns in der 2ten Bundesliga?

Titleist Fitting system uses a certain launch monitor (probably Zelocity)

Trackman is doppler-radar-technology (if I remember correctly :russian_roulette: ) and very expensive and very accurate. Most other launch monitor have some problems (mostly if they are not set up correctly which is not as easy as you probably think) and that can cause wrong numbers (mostly spin). Fitter is also important.

Another good fitter in Germany is Arnd Welling (Essen, also weit zum fahren)

Gruß

Ich würde keine Mühe scheuen um zu einem guten Fitter mit einem guten Gerät zu kommen. Lieber ein wenig zeit und Geld opfern und dann ein richtig gutes Fitting haben, wie ein schlechtes, da brauchst du gar keines machen. Golffactory fiele mir noch ein, hab aber keine Ahnung, wo das ist. Musst einfach mal bei google schauen.

@SJWDR

I am based in the area of Frankfurt too. (Taunus)

Thank you for explanations in German. Can you recomment a fitter who is doing the best job?

So what you are saying means that an I-mix would be probably a good choice. Then you an change shafts, depending of weather and Fairway conditions?

I believe the I-mix (or any companies quick change shaft system) is great for FINDING the correct shaft/ head combo. I would strongly discourage anyone from changing based on conditions. With the technology and information we have today you should be able to find the best combo for you, to then change it based on conditions is adding unneeded variables IMO.

Hi,

- St. Leon Rot for sure (by the way I love the 2 courses) great stuff and very good infrastructure; heard from several guys that those guys are good ref fitting as well

- GC Friedberg (Titleist Fitting); not a nice club but at least some Titleist fitting

- if you like the MP 600 Mizuno Hummelbach Aue near Cologne (Neuss Norf) or at my friends in Munich; give my Mizuno friends my regards

- PM me if you are interested and I give you the details of a guy in Herzogenaurach (adidas town) but he will not ask you to by TM stuff (was introduced by former German National Team Player)

- Classic Club Repair (Dietmar Erhardt) in Herzogenaurach as well (very decent; was recommended by Tittleist Europe and Titleist Germany) http://www.ccr-golf.de/index.php?id=2

- JWP Golf Jan + Werner Pelz http://www.jwp-golf.de/

otherwise club ho´ing as it is so much fun to check out driver / shaft combinations

- castan golf in Hamburg (also recommend by Titleist Europe and Titleist Germany) but I do not know if they do fitting but I would assume so (should be good clubmakers there) http://www.castangolf.de/

- stay away from golf house

If I would be in your shoes and as you have already the TM driver check out the guy in Herzogenaurach (all relevant numbers). At the same time you could check Classic CLub repair (great shop and I bet you will buy some stuff anyway). To make the trip worthwhile check out the adidas stores around for some golf or other sproting gear etc.

Will sent you a separate PM later.

Best regards

Golfingly

SJW

I would go to St. Leon-Rot, they have a trackman but I am not sure if you can use it. I will go there in spring as a friend of mine knows a pro there.

It is important to get correct numbers and the best way is a trackman.

Gruß aus Augsburg

Ihr aus Frankfurt spielt hoffentlich nicht gegen uns in der 2ten Bundesliga?

Hi,

I see another love for the 905R with BB 73 X here

good choice. LOL

Also not me ref the match.

However, we could set up some golfing day in St Leon Rot for a fitting day or a round and some drinks. PM me if you like.

By the way just thinking about an opportunity ref Hyber X Tour 10.5° with Accra SE 80 S (1.5 torque); isn´t that nice? Just to mess around and check it out. Anybody played that already?

Golfingly

Best regards

SJW

Keep in mind, at a given ballspeed, you "tune" the launch angle and spin rate to the type of trajectory, ball flight YOU are confident in. I generally like a bit more spin than would be considered "ideal", not a lot more, just a bit. I also like to hit it very high.

But speaking in general, at a clubhead speed of 105-108, given normal course conditions, normal weather conditions, I'd steer someone towards the following..........(assuming a 157-162 ballspeed)............

13-13.5 launch

2,380-2,500 spin

Me personally, I'd try to get 13.8-14.5 launch with 2,600-2,950 spin

• 3 weeks later...

I had a coupon for a free session on a machine today. I usually tee the ball up not very high. All they had on the indoor mat were the long plastic tee inserts, which I was very uncomfortable with the high teeing height. We all know tee height affects ball flight, but how much affect does it have on the monitor readings? Based on the chart someone posted, my better swings came out with about optimum numbers for my 100mph swing. But my gut feeling is that all the numbers except ball speed were pretty meaningless to me due to the high tee height?

I had a coupon for a free session on a machine today. I usually tee the ball up not very high. All they had on the indoor mat were the long plastic tee inserts, which I was very uncomfortable with the high teeing height. We all know tee height affects ball flight, but how much affect does it have on the monitor readings? Based on the chart someone posted, my better swings came out with about optimum numbers for my 100mph swing. But my gut feeling is that all the numbers except ball speed were pretty meaningless to me due to the high tee height?

tee the ball higher it will raise your launch and lower your spin. Unless you already launch it 16*